Queta

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
utaggies
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 42 times

Re: Queta

Post by utaggies » May 17th, 2019, 8:42 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 8:20 pm
ChicAggie wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 3:41 pm
Murkymerk wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 2:00 pm
All it takes is 1.
29 teams and every mock draft genius on the internet can think he’s a bum, but if one GM thinks he’s got a lot of potential, he’ll get drafted. It sounds like Atlanta might be that 1.
It's not whether he gets drafted in the first round or not. It's whether he thinks he's going to get drafted high enough that he wants to stay in the draft. If he stays in the draft and doesn't get drafted (or gets drafted only in the second round), he has lost the ability to return to USU at that point. So the question is whether one or more teams will be willing to tell him that if he stays in the draft, they will guarantee him they will use their first round pick on him.
If he goes undrafted, he can come back.
That’s incorrect. Unless he pulls his name from the draft by May 29th it doesn’t make any difference whether he’s drafted or not. He won’t be eligible to resume his college career.

QuackAttackAggie
2015 & 2017 Weekly Pick'em Champion
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 131 times

Post by QuackAttackAggie » May 17th, 2019, 8:58 pm

utaggies wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 8:42 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
ChicAggie wrote:
Murkymerk wrote:
All it takes is 1.
29 teams and every mock draft genius on the internet can think he’s a bum, but if one GM thinks he’s got a lot of potential, he’ll get drafted. It sounds like Atlanta might be that 1.
It's not whether he gets drafted in the first round or not. It's whether he thinks he's going to get drafted high enough that he wants to stay in the draft. If he stays in the draft and doesn't get drafted (or gets drafted only in the second round), he has lost the ability to return to USU at that point. So the question is whether one or more teams will be willing to tell him that if he stays in the draft, they will guarantee him they will use their first round pick on him.
That’s incorrect. Unless he pulls his name from the draft by May 29th it doesn’t make any difference whether he’s drafted or not. He won’t be eligible to resume his college career.
You’re wrong, he’s right https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/col ... story.html

ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 176 times

Post by ProvoAggie » May 17th, 2019, 9:05 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 8:58 pm
utaggies wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
ChicAggie wrote:
Murkymerk wrote:
All it takes is 1.
Unfortunately, that rule wasn't put in place. The relevant part is this:
“This change is effective if/when the NBA and NBPA make an expected rule change, which would make undrafted student-athletes who return to college after the draft ineligible for the NBA until the end of the next college basketball season,” the NCAA wrote.
It was anticipated that the NBA would put that rule in place but they haven't done so. Without the NBA putting that rule in place, an NBA team could sign an undrafted player in the middle of next season away from a college where he's playing well. The NCAA doesn't want that to happen.

ChicAggie
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by ChicAggie » May 17th, 2019, 9:06 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
utaggies wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
ChicAggie wrote:
Murkymerk wrote:
All it takes is 1.
I should have trusted my judgment back when I was sober.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

bluegrouse
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by bluegrouse » May 17th, 2019, 9:19 pm

Sorry. My bad. I read multiple articles from last summer but as Provo notes, the NBA didn’t change their rules and therefore the NCAA rule has not gone into effect. So, Queta has until the 29th of May to decide if he’s staying in the draft or if he’s coming back to Logan. After that, he is ineligible no matter what happens. Sorry I misunderstood all of that.

QuackAttackAggie

Post by QuackAttackAggie » May 17th, 2019, 11:39 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 8:58 pm
utaggies wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
ChicAggie wrote:
Murkymerk wrote:
All it takes is 1.
Unfortunately, that rule wasn't put in place. The relevant part is this:
“This change is effective if/when the NBA and NBPA make an expected rule change, which would make undrafted student-athletes who return to college after the draft ineligible for the NBA until the end of the next college basketball season,” the NCAA wrote.
It was anticipated that the NBA would put that rule in place but they haven't done so. Without the NBA putting that rule in place, an NBA team could sign an undrafted player in the middle of next season away from a college where he's playing well. The NCAA doesn't want that to happen.
Oh I didn't know that part. Well I can't see him staying in at this point unless a team tells him flat out we are coming for you.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » May 18th, 2019, 1:42 pm

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » May 18th, 2019, 2:18 pm

Cheecho6
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Cheecho6 » May 18th, 2019, 6:42 pm

That KSL article says he has until June 10 to decide. I’ve seen the end of May as the date too. Which is it?

"We are not here to weather the storm, We are here to be the storm!"
-Jason Kreis

QuackAttackAggie

Post by QuackAttackAggie » May 18th, 2019, 6:44 pm

Somebody get the guy a phone call with Rudy

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » May 18th, 2019, 8:21 pm

Cheecho6 wrote:
May 18th, 2019, 6:42 pm
That KSL article says he has until June 10 to decide. I’ve seen the end of May as the date too. Which is it?

It’s May 29 for NCAA players...

https://www.slipperstillfits.com/2019/4 ... 2019-dates

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic