Wild Bill Podcast

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
kofdog
Posts: 2244
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 10:07 am
Location: North Logan
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Wild Bill Podcast

Post by kofdog » May 13th, 2019, 9:25 pm

Kinda surprised that after 13 hours this post on the Wild Bill Facebook page hasn’t been mentioned here...

“Hello my Aggie friends and family! I am excited to let you know I have started a podcast! It is all about being an Aggie! Aggie Legends- Legendary tales with Wild Bill. We sit down with some pretty awesome people and talk all things USU. Go check it out! It is on itunes and spotify and here http://aggielegends.buzzsprout.com/ Let me know what you think! Me and my buddy/co-host have got some great episodes for you! This week we have released 3 episodes, the first one is me and my co-host Kellen, followed by Sean Harris, then Matt Sonnenberg! I think you will love it as much as I have loved talking to these crazy Aggie Legends! GO AGGIES”

http://aggielegends.buzzsprout.com/

(Now watch someone will prove me wrong and show me it was posted, I swear I looked around)
These users thanked the author kofdog for the post:
thegreendalegelf



User avatar
bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score
Posts: 2206
Joined: March 5th, 2015, 7:59 pm
Location: The suburbs of Lewiston
Has thanked: 198 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by bigblue » May 13th, 2019, 10:42 pm

Available on Spotify!! Awesome!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk



Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

donlarson8
Posts: 1643
Joined: December 7th, 2013, 6:04 pm
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Has thanked: 662 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by donlarson8 » May 20th, 2019, 8:01 pm

The Brady Jardine episode they released today was excellent!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



User avatar
kofdog
Posts: 2244
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 10:07 am
Location: North Logan
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by kofdog » May 21st, 2019, 9:31 am

Agreed!



SojoAggie
Posts: 1
Joined: March 5th, 2019, 5:17 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by SojoAggie » May 21st, 2019, 7:53 pm

I have enjoyed all of the episodes so far! I understand that there is a David Collette episode in the future. That should be an interesting one.
These users thanked the author SojoAggie for the post:
Usu0505



User avatar
bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score
Posts: 2206
Joined: March 5th, 2015, 7:59 pm
Location: The suburbs of Lewiston
Has thanked: 198 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by bigblue » May 21st, 2019, 9:09 pm

SojoAggie wrote:I have enjoyed all of the episodes so far! I understand that there is a David Collette episode in the future. That should be an interesting one.
Now that Turdyea is gone I am interested to hear a bit more how that all went down from his perspective.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk



Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

HomeTown
Posts: 102
Joined: December 8th, 2018, 10:07 am
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by HomeTown » May 22nd, 2019, 9:05 am

Its always good to listen to Aggie focused talk! Great shows so far!
These users thanked the author HomeTown for the post:
donlarson8



Madmartigan
Posts: 2700
Joined: November 19th, 2010, 11:30 pm
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 201 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by Madmartigan » May 22nd, 2019, 11:58 am

They've got some great guests coming up soon. Stay tuned. It's only going to get better.



aggiebydefault
Posts: 64
Joined: November 9th, 2013, 1:29 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by aggiebydefault » May 22nd, 2019, 1:10 pm

I've enjoyed them too. Great to have the content and I feel like the production is pretty solid. Hope there's a lot more to come.



User avatar
WAAggie
Posts: 2302
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:02 am
Location: Kent WA
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by WAAggie » May 22nd, 2019, 2:36 pm

1 down. Shocking that an Aggie could marry a zoobie. Didn’t know about the annual espn rank or the playboy story.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 5239
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has thanked: 176 times
Been thanked: 372 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by Aglicious » May 22nd, 2019, 4:16 pm

Added this podcast to the 'Media' drop down menu above. :thumbsup:
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post (total 3):
NVAggieMantua-AggieHomeTown



User avatar
bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score
Posts: 2206
Joined: March 5th, 2015, 7:59 pm
Location: The suburbs of Lewiston
Has thanked: 198 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by bigblue » May 22nd, 2019, 6:49 pm

It is well done. I'm a huge fan already.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author bigblue for the post:
Mantua-Aggie


Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15789
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 381 times
Been thanked: 938 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » May 22nd, 2019, 7:38 pm

I’ve only heard the Jardine interview but if that’s what we can expect from the podcast I’m 100% sold. That was a very insightful and interesting look at Brady from pre to post Aggie carrier. I love that he’s a diehard fan and made Cache Valley his home.
There have only been 2 times that I’ve gotten misty on senior night in the Spectrum. One was the Cardel Butler midcourt kiss, and the other was Brady’s tearful send off after his career was cut short by a freak injury. Maybe it’s the Twin Falls effect. Like something inside me knew i’d call Twin Falls home some day.
Last edited by hipsterdoofus21 on May 22nd, 2019, 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
Mantua-Aggie



Mantua-Aggie
Posts: 1
Joined: May 20th, 2019, 8:52 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by Mantua-Aggie » May 22nd, 2019, 7:50 pm

They have a Facebook page now called Aggie Legends, so you can submit the questions you want them to ask Coach Smith in tomorrow's interview.



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15789
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 381 times
Been thanked: 938 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » May 22nd, 2019, 8:19 pm

Mantua-Aggie wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 7:50 pm
They have a Facebook page now called Aggie Legends, so you can submit the questions you want them to ask Coach Smith in tomorrow's interview.
Thanks Jon



slcagg
Posts: 3972
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 296 times
Been thanked: 435 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by slcagg » May 22nd, 2019, 9:24 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 7:38 pm
I’ve only heard the Jardine interview but if that’s what we can expect from the podcast I’m 100% sold. That was a very insightful and interesting look at Brady from pre to post Aggie carrier. I love that he’s a diehard fan and made Cache Valley his home.
There have only been 2 times that I’ve gotten misty on senior night in the Spectrum. One was the Car Butler midcourt kiss, and the other was Brady’s tearful send off after his career was cut short by a freak injury.
Wait, are you saying that Brady was the aircraft carrier? :)
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
NVAggie



slcagg
Posts: 3972
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 296 times
Been thanked: 435 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by slcagg » May 22nd, 2019, 9:25 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 8:19 pm
Mantua-Aggie wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 7:50 pm
They have a Facebook page now called Aggie Legends, so you can submit the questions you want them to ask Coach Smith in tomorrow's interview.
Thanks Jon
Mantua is a great place!



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15789
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 381 times
Been thanked: 938 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » May 22nd, 2019, 11:49 pm

slcagg wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 9:25 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 8:19 pm
Mantua-Aggie wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 7:50 pm
They have a Facebook page now called Aggie Legends, so you can submit the questions you want them to ask Coach Smith in tomorrow's interview.
Thanks Jon
Mantua is a great place!
I thought you were more into that Kansas City type scene.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
slcagg



User avatar
aceofspadeskb
Posts: 4319
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm
Has thanked: 171 times
Been thanked: 150 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by aceofspadeskb » June 5th, 2019, 6:02 pm

Next interview is David Collette??? Part of me wants to listen, the other is still feeling livid and vindictive...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk




QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score
Posts: 15706
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: 서울
Has thanked: 115 times
Been thanked: 537 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by QuackAttackAggie » June 5th, 2019, 9:31 pm




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 7063
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1140 times
Been thanked: 335 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by USU78 » June 5th, 2019, 9:42 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
June 5th, 2019, 9:31 pm
I liked his work in Guardians of the Galaxy.


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

jpswensen
Posts: 1503
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:59 pm
Location: Pullman, WA
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 205 times
Contact:

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by jpswensen » June 6th, 2019, 1:20 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
June 5th, 2019, 9:31 pm



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If AggieLegends is already scraping this far into the bottom of the barrel, that doesn't bode well for maintaining captivating content/guests going forward.

Hopefully they put the screws to him and ask him why he was such a scumsucking bottomfeeder in the way in which he left.

Then they need to thank him for leaving because it probably accelerated the demise of Duryea and allowed us to get Smith.
These users thanked the author jpswensen for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus21aggies22


Jordan Nathan's #2 Fan (seriously, YBA thinks he wins out against mom?!?!?!)

User avatar
bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score
Posts: 2206
Joined: March 5th, 2015, 7:59 pm
Location: The suburbs of Lewiston
Has thanked: 198 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by bigblue » June 6th, 2019, 7:29 am

jpswensen wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
June 5th, 2019, 9:31 pm



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If AggieLegends is already scraping this far into the bottom of the barrel, that doesn't bode well for maintaining captivating content/guests going forward.

Hopefully they put the screws to him and ask him why he was such a scumsucking bottomfeeder in the way in which he left.

Then they need to thank him for leaving because it probably accelerated the demise of Duryea and allowed us to get Smith.
I don't view it as "scraping the bottom of the barrel." Hell I'd listen to these guys even if they had a random fan on.


Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk



Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5352
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 367 times
Been thanked: 608 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by Roy McAvoy » June 6th, 2019, 8:34 am

jpswensen wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 1:20 am
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
June 5th, 2019, 9:31 pm



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If AggieLegends is already scraping this far into the bottom of the barrel, that doesn't bode well for maintaining captivating content/guests going forward.

Hopefully they put the screws to him and ask him why he was such a scumsucking bottomfeeder in the way in which he left.

Then they need to thank him for leaving because it probably accelerated the demise of Duryea and allowed us to get Smith.
You can't be serious. Getting this interview is absolutely awesome. I can't wait to hear it.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post:
donlarson8



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15789
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 381 times
Been thanked: 938 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » June 6th, 2019, 8:38 am

I’m more interested in the Collette interview than Sean Harris or especially Danny Berger. Collette left in a bad way but he didn’t try to lead a mutiny like Berger.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
aggies22



jpswensen
Posts: 1503
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:59 pm
Location: Pullman, WA
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 205 times
Contact:

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by jpswensen » June 6th, 2019, 10:49 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 8:38 am
I’m more interested in the Collette interview than Sean Harris or especially Danny Berger. Collette left in a bad way but he didn’t try to lead a mutiny like Berger.
I am far more OK with the Berger mutiny because it cleared out the riff-raff and was done basically the day after the season ended. The Collette departure was Baltimore Colts-esque (and for those in the know, the city of Baltimore is still pissed about it and it happened 35 years ago).

I really hope that they don't go easy on him. I wonder if he only agreed to do the interview if they agreed to not hammer on the way in which he left.

As an aside, he is not an Aggie Legend. He spent one season at USU. I wish they would start their podcast by announcing it as the Aggie Benedict Arnolds Podcast.

Note: I am still bitter.


Jordan Nathan's #2 Fan (seriously, YBA thinks he wins out against mom?!?!?!)

elcheque2
Posts: 463
Joined: September 21st, 2013, 12:52 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by elcheque2 » June 6th, 2019, 11:02 am

Bill is friends with all these guys. Of course he's not going to ask a tough question.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk




jpswensen
Posts: 1503
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:59 pm
Location: Pullman, WA
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 205 times
Contact:

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by jpswensen » June 6th, 2019, 12:02 pm

elcheque2 wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 11:02 am
Bill is friends with all these guys. Of course he's not going to ask a tough question.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
Then what is the point, especially for a quitter who quit 1.99726 years into his tenure at USU? Are we going to chuckle and reminisce about his boneheaded timeout against BYU? Are they going to ask why he could never stay out of foul trouble? Will it really end up being an episode of Ute Legends?

Frankly, I don't understand why he is even being invited on a USU talk show. He forfeited his status as an Aggie and is definitely not a legend.


Jordan Nathan's #2 Fan (seriously, YBA thinks he wins out against mom?!?!?!)

User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15789
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 381 times
Been thanked: 938 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » June 6th, 2019, 12:16 pm

jpswensen wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 10:49 am
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 8:38 am
I’m more interested in the Collette interview than Sean Harris or especially Danny Berger. Collette left in a bad way but he didn’t try to lead a mutiny like Berger.
I am far more OK with the Berger mutiny because it cleared out the riff-raff and was done basically the day after the season ended. The Collette departure was Baltimore Colts-esque (and for those in the know, the city of Baltimore is still pissed about it and it happened 35 years ago).

I really hope that they don't go easy on him. I wonder if he only agreed to do the interview if they agreed to not hammer on the way in which he left.

As an aside, he is not an Aggie Legend. He spent one season at USU. I wish they would start their podcast by announcing it as the Aggie Benedict Arnolds Podcast.

Note: I am still bitter.
Except Berger and his followers were all planning on transferring halfway through the season and then went through the motions the last 2-3 months. I'd prefer one guy eliminating himself from the situation even at the 11th hour over a locker room cancer.



Murkymerk
Posts: 249
Joined: March 31st, 2015, 10:53 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by Murkymerk » June 6th, 2019, 12:26 pm

jpswensen wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 12:02 pm
elcheque2 wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 11:02 am
Bill is friends with all these guys. Of course he's not going to ask a tough question.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
Then what is the point, especially for a quitter who quit 1.99726 years into his tenure at USU? Are we going to chuckle and reminisce about his boneheaded timeout against BYU? Are they going to ask why he could never stay out of foul trouble? Will it really end up being an episode of Ute Legends?

Frankly, I don't understand why he is even being invited on a USU talk show. He forfeited his status as an Aggie and is definitely not a legend.
Definition of a legend: an extremely famous or notorious person, especially in a particular field.
I’d say DC is notorious among Aggies. I’m excited to listen to this because I want to know what happened with his departure. If they don’t ask the hard questions or if DC isn’t honest, it will be a waste of time. But Bill and his buddy have done a great job so far (I haven’t listened to the Berger episode yet), so I expect them to do a good job on this interview. I think listening to this will either make me a little less bitter toward DC or fuel my hatred even more.



User avatar
bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score
Posts: 2206
Joined: March 5th, 2015, 7:59 pm
Location: The suburbs of Lewiston
Has thanked: 198 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by bigblue » June 6th, 2019, 12:33 pm

jpswensen wrote:
elcheque2 wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 11:02 am
Bill is friends with all these guys. Of course he's not going to ask a tough question.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
Then what is the point, especially for a quitter who quit 1.99726 years into his tenure at USU? Are we going to chuckle and reminisce about his boneheaded timeout against BYU? Are they going to ask why he could never stay out of foul trouble? Will it really end up being an episode of Ute Legends?

Frankly, I don't understand why he is even being invited on a USU talk show. He forfeited his status as an Aggie and is definitely not a legend.
If your that bothered about it then don't listen to it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk



Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

jpswensen
Posts: 1503
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:59 pm
Location: Pullman, WA
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 205 times
Contact:

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by jpswensen » June 6th, 2019, 12:35 pm

bigblue wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 12:33 pm
jpswensen wrote:
elcheque2 wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 11:02 am
Bill is friends with all these guys. Of course he's not going to ask a tough question.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
Then what is the point, especially for a quitter who quit 1.99726 years into his tenure at USU? Are we going to chuckle and reminisce about his boneheaded timeout against BYU? Are they going to ask why he could never stay out of foul trouble? Will it really end up being an episode of Ute Legends?

Frankly, I don't understand why he is even being invited on a USU talk show. He forfeited his status as an Aggie and is definitely not a legend.
If your that bothered about it then don't listen to it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Or I will listen, and then criticize even more fully in my righteous indignation.

:utah: :state:


Jordan Nathan's #2 Fan (seriously, YBA thinks he wins out against mom?!?!?!)

AgMan21
Posts: 1369
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:01 pm
Has thanked: 93 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by AgMan21 » June 6th, 2019, 12:56 pm

Is the Berger one worth listening too? Do they get into any of the drama or is it just him talking about the medical stuff.



elcheque2
Posts: 463
Joined: September 21st, 2013, 12:52 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by elcheque2 » June 6th, 2019, 1:11 pm

AgMan21 wrote:Is the Berger one worth listening too? Do they get into any of the drama or is it just him talking about the medical stuff.
The Berger one is not worth listening to. It was only about the medical stuff. Plus Danny's dad sat in on the interview. If you listened to this as a non-Aggie fan you would have no idea that Danny even left the team.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author elcheque2 for the post:
aggies22



bpd
Posts: 1057
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 119 times

Re: Wild Bill Podcast

Post by bpd » June 6th, 2019, 3:07 pm

I will not listen to the DC interview and am not interested in the Berger interview. If you want to get my attention interview Desmond Penigar, Bernard Rock, Shawn Daniels, Toraino Johnson, Cardell Butler, Pooh WIlliams, Gary Wilkonson, Tai Wesley, Pooh Williams etc....
These users thanked the author bpd for the post (total 4):
aggies22hipsterdoofus21pablohoneyoleblu111



Locked Previous topicNext topic