1280: 60 in 60

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 6340
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 788 times
Been liked: 416 times
Contact:

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by aggies22 » June 11th, 2019, 2:54 pm

aceofspadeskb wrote:
June 11th, 2019, 2:46 pm
#57 - Bracken El-Bakri - DB - BYU - #59 in fan vote
Go figure, another DB.
These users liked this post from aggies22. Total Likes: 2
USU78aceofspadeskb



User avatar
aceofspadeskb
Posts: 4072
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by aceofspadeskb » June 12th, 2019, 1:38 pm

#56 - Brian Thompson - WR - Utah - #49 in fan vote



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 12737
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 98 times

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by brownjeans » June 12th, 2019, 1:42 pm

aggies22 wrote:
June 11th, 2019, 2:54 pm
aceofspadeskb wrote:
June 11th, 2019, 2:46 pm
#57 - Bracken El-Bakri - DB - BYU - #59 in fan vote
Go figure, another DB.
Throw a rock at BYU and you're bound to hit a DB.
These users liked this post from brownjeans. Total Likes: 2
aggies22USU78



slcagg
Posts: 2879
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 70 times

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by slcagg » June 12th, 2019, 8:37 pm

#56 Bryan Thompson Utah.

A guy from Utah who is picked that has 70 yards in his career but the guy is filled with potential per Whittingham and Hans.



blueaggie
Posts: 760
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 13 times

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by blueaggie » June 12th, 2019, 8:45 pm

Hahahaha. This just keeps getting better. Can you imagine them picking a USU receiver with similar stats. Wouldn't happen in a million years! Go Aggies!



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 6340
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 788 times
Been liked: 416 times
Contact:

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by aggies22 » June 12th, 2019, 9:24 pm

slcagg wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 8:37 pm
#56 Bryan Thompson Utah.

A guy from Utah who is picked that has 70 yards in his career but the guy is filled with potential per Whittingham and Hans.
By this reasoning Taylor Compton should make the list.



User avatar
aceofspadeskb
Posts: 4072
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by aceofspadeskb » June 13th, 2019, 3:51 pm

#55- Christopher Unga - NG - Utah State #32 in fan vote

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk





MWCFAN12
Posts: 608
Joined: January 1st, 2011, 2:10 am
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by MWCFAN12 » June 13th, 2019, 3:53 pm

aggies22 wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 9:24 pm
slcagg wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 8:37 pm
#56 Bryan Thompson Utah.

A guy from Utah who is picked that has 70 yards in his career but the guy is filled with potential per Whittingham and Hans.
By this reasoning Taylor Compton should make the list.

Braden Bell on line 1

(Yes a different sport but it felt right)



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 6340
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 788 times
Been liked: 416 times
Contact:

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by aggies22 » June 13th, 2019, 4:17 pm

aceofspadeskb wrote:
June 13th, 2019, 3:51 pm
#55- Christopher Unga - NG - Utah State #32 in fan vote

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Chris is #55 because he is NOT a DB. This one is just ridiculous.
These users liked this post from aggies22:
aceofspadeskb



User avatar
GeoAg
Moderator
Posts: 7043
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:09 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 19 times

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by GeoAg » June 13th, 2019, 4:43 pm

aggies22 wrote:
June 13th, 2019, 4:17 pm
aceofspadeskb wrote:
June 13th, 2019, 3:51 pm
#55- Christopher Unga - NG - Utah State #32 in fan vote

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Chris is #55 because he is NOT a DB. This one is just ridiculous.
I think he should be higher. He is solid at NG and I think the Boise game could have been a little different last year had he been healthy
These users liked this post from GeoAg:
aceofspadeskb


"I don't think you become resilient right in the middle of the season when adversity hits. You learn how to face adversity in the offseason in football. That's when we win games around Utah State." -Coach Matt Wells #ArmsAround

User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 4870
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 100 times

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by Aglicious » June 13th, 2019, 5:17 pm

Unga is over 20 spots lower than the fan vote....nice job stuffing those ballots boys!

Seriously though, this one is pretty bad.
These users liked this post from Aglicious. Total Likes: 2
USU78aggies22



slcagg
Posts: 2879
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 70 times

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by slcagg » June 13th, 2019, 5:24 pm

Unga at this spot is laughable. The guy was an all league guy last year and will be this year. If he stays healthy he could be first or second team all mwc. Even Scotty said this is way to low. It continues to show how biased the salt lake media guys are.
These users liked this post from slcagg:
aggies22



pilotaggie
Posts: 466
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 6:53 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 5 times

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by pilotaggie » June 13th, 2019, 6:07 pm

I don't know anything about the two Weber guys. Where are they going to land?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk




aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 6340
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 788 times
Been liked: 416 times
Contact:

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by aggies22 » June 13th, 2019, 8:20 pm

pilotaggie wrote:
June 13th, 2019, 6:07 pm
I don't know anything about the two Weber guys. Where are they going to land?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
One will be Josh Davis and since he went to Alta he'll end up inside the top 30.



User avatar
AggiesForever
2015 Kickoff Pick'em Champion
Posts: 1789
Joined: January 1st, 1997, 12:00 am
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 42 times

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by AggiesForever » June 14th, 2019, 8:26 am

I told the boys at The Zone that they could take the stats of the top 25 guys from each team (USU, Utah BYU, Weber and SUU), and award points the same way the rotisserie leagues do. Total their points based on the commonly use rotisserie league metrics and rank them. You'd have to come up with a metric for offensive linemen-- could be, for example, the season average of their weekly grade from their own coaches, assign points to that. Whatever. The first 60 ranked in order of points EARNED are your 60 in 60, no matter how they fall. Some of these Utah "potential" guys wouldn't even make the list. But they do because they (1) play for Utah, which is in the (2) Salt Lake market, which (3) plays in the PAC 12, and we all know that playing in the PAC 12 trumps everything.

I know its all just for fun and doesn't mean anything anyway. Meeting on the field of play is the best way to settle who has the best players, but Utah is too scared of getting beat by USU to play us. At least BYU will do that.



User avatar
USU78
2016 Weekly Pick'em Champion
Posts: 5632
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has liked: 288 times
Been liked: 55 times

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by USU78 » June 14th, 2019, 9:07 am

AggiesForever wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 8:26 am
I told the boys at The Zone that they could take the stats of the top 25 guys from each team (USU, Utah BYU, Weber and SUU), and award points the same way the rotisserie leagues do. Total their points based on the commonly use rotisserie league metrics and rank them. You'd have to come up with a metric for offensive linemen-- could be, for example, the season average of their weekly grade from their own coaches, assign points to that. Whatever. The first 60 ranked in order of points EARNED are your 60 in 60, no matter how they fall. Some of these Utah "potential" guys wouldn't even make the list. But they do because they (1) play for Utah, which is in the (2) Salt Lake market, which (3) plays in the PAC 12, and we all know that playing in the PAC 12 trumps everything.

I know its all just for fun and doesn't mean anything anyway. Meeting on the field of play is the best way to settle who has the best players, but Utah is too scared of getting beat by USU to play us. At least BYU will do that.
The parochial stench has no choice and no particular bargaining chips.


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 6340
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 788 times
Been liked: 416 times
Contact:

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by aggies22 » June 14th, 2019, 9:21 am

AggiesForever wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 8:26 am
I told the boys at The Zone that they could take the stats of the top 25 guys from each team (USU, Utah BYU, Weber and SUU), and award points the same way the rotisserie leagues do. Total their points based on the commonly use rotisserie league metrics and rank them. You'd have to come up with a metric for offensive linemen-- could be, for example, the season average of their weekly grade from their own coaches, assign points to that. Whatever. The first 60 ranked in order of points EARNED are your 60 in 60, no matter how they fall. Some of these Utah "potential" guys wouldn't even make the list. But they do because they (1) play for Utah, which is in the (2) Salt Lake market, which (3) plays in the PAC 12, and we all know that playing in the PAC 12 trumps everything.

I know its all just for fun and doesn't mean anything anyway. Meeting on the field of play is the best way to settle who has the best players, but Utah is too scared of getting beat by USU to play us. At least BYU will do that.
I agree. byu clearly does not have a problem getting beat by us.



User avatar
ratofallaggies
Posts: 3273
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:29 pm
Location: Kaysville, Utah
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 28 times

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by ratofallaggies » June 14th, 2019, 12:13 pm

Copy and paste every person on here's response to where an aggie is ranked "too low" and when a ute/coug is ranked "too high" from last year and we'll get the same thread that we have now. Why care? It's just for fun and we all know that no one in the slc media takes much interest in things pertaining to USU. I say take it with a grain of salt and if you feel like your perception of that individual is completely different, than it's probably a combination of your aggie shaded glasses and their ignorance.
These users liked this post from ratofallaggies. Total Likes: 3
aceofspadeskbdonlarson8BadElbow



Madmartigan
Posts: 2460
Joined: November 19th, 2010, 11:30 pm
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 72 times

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by Madmartigan » June 14th, 2019, 12:40 pm

ratofallaggies wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 12:13 pm
Copy and paste every person on here's response to where an aggie is ranked "too low" and when a ute/coug is ranked "too high" from last year and we'll get the same thread that we have now. Why care? It's just for fun and we all know that no one in the slc media takes much interest in things pertaining to USU. I say take it with a grain of salt and if you feel like your perception of that individual is completely different, than it's probably a combination of your aggie shaded glasses and their ignorance.
Message boards are for caring about stuff like this. It's interesting to banter back and forth about it.



User avatar
ratofallaggies
Posts: 3273
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:29 pm
Location: Kaysville, Utah
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 28 times

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by ratofallaggies » June 14th, 2019, 12:42 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 12:40 pm
ratofallaggies wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 12:13 pm
Copy and paste every person on here's response to where an aggie is ranked "too low" and when a ute/coug is ranked "too high" from last year and we'll get the same thread that we have now. Why care? It's just for fun and we all know that no one in the slc media takes much interest in things pertaining to USU. I say take it with a grain of salt and if you feel like your perception of that individual is completely different, than it's probably a combination of your aggie shaded glasses and their ignorance.
Message boards are for caring about stuff like this. It's interesting to banter back and forth about it.
I just don't understand the frustration



User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14337
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 111 times
Contact:

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by treesap32 » June 14th, 2019, 12:45 pm

Interesting that the only DB's on the list are BYU players.
These users liked this post from treesap32. Total Likes: 2
ratofallaggiesStanfordAggie



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 6340
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 788 times
Been liked: 416 times
Contact:

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by aggies22 » June 14th, 2019, 1:13 pm

treesap32 wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 12:45 pm
Interesting that the only DB's on the list are BYU players.
I think you'll find that it's going to stay that way.
These users liked this post from aggies22:
USU78



User avatar
aceofspadeskb
Posts: 4072
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by aceofspadeskb » June 14th, 2019, 3:03 pm

#54 - Talon Shumway - DB - BYU - #57 in fan vote

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk




blueaggie
Posts: 760
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 13 times

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by blueaggie » June 14th, 2019, 3:42 pm

ratofallaggies wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 12:42 pm
Madmartigan wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 12:40 pm
ratofallaggies wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 12:13 pm
Copy and paste every person on here's response to where an aggie is ranked "too low" and when a ute/coug is ranked "too high" from last year and we'll get the same thread that we have now. Why care? It's just for fun and we all know that no one in the slc media takes much interest in things pertaining to USU. I say take it with a grain of salt and if you feel like your perception of that individual is completely different, than it's probably a combination of your aggie shaded glasses and their ignorance.
Message boards are for caring about stuff like this. It's interesting to banter back and forth about it.
I just don't understand the frustration
Things have changed quite a bit with the SLC media regarding positive Aggie sports coverage. It is important to express our frustration with the biased opinions or things will only get worse. Go Aggies!



User avatar
ratofallaggies
Posts: 3273
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:29 pm
Location: Kaysville, Utah
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 28 times

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by ratofallaggies » June 15th, 2019, 7:46 am

blueaggie wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 3:42 pm
ratofallaggies wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 12:42 pm
Madmartigan wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 12:40 pm
ratofallaggies wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 12:13 pm
Copy and paste every person on here's response to where an aggie is ranked "too low" and when a ute/coug is ranked "too high" from last year and we'll get the same thread that we have now. Why care? It's just for fun and we all know that no one in the slc media takes much interest in things pertaining to USU. I say take it with a grain of salt and if you feel like your perception of that individual is completely different, than it's probably a combination of your aggie shaded glasses and their ignorance.
Message boards are for caring about stuff like this. It's interesting to banter back and forth about it.
I just don't understand the frustration
Things have changed quite a bit with the SLC media regarding positive Aggie sports coverage. It is important to express our frustration with the biased opinions or things will only get worse. Go Aggies!
I agree, but that isn’t because of USU fans complaining about it. That hasn’t changed my entire lifetime. The coverage is coming from a winning culture and the AD focusing on the SLC market. Conversely, 1280 LOVES having people complain about the list in a public setting. It only Advertises them and what they do more.
These users liked this post from ratofallaggies:
aggies22



User avatar
USU78
2016 Weekly Pick'em Champion
Posts: 5632
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has liked: 288 times
Been liked: 55 times

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by USU78 » June 15th, 2019, 12:31 pm

aceofspadeskb wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 3:03 pm
#54 - Talon Shumway - DB - BYU
:lol: :lol: :lol: :joking:
These users liked this post from USU78:
aggies22


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

donlarson8
Posts: 1588
Joined: December 7th, 2013, 6:04 pm
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by donlarson8 » June 15th, 2019, 1:52 pm

blueaggie wrote:
ratofallaggies wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 12:42 pm
Madmartigan wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 12:40 pm
ratofallaggies wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 12:13 pm
Copy and paste every person on here's response to where an aggie is ranked "too low" and when a ute/coug is ranked "too high" from last year and we'll get the same thread that we have now. Why care? It's just for fun and we all know that no one in the slc media takes much interest in things pertaining to USU. I say take it with a grain of salt and if you feel like your perception of that individual is completely different, than it's probably a combination of your aggie shaded glasses and their ignorance.
Message boards are for caring about stuff like this. It's interesting to banter back and forth about it.
I just don't understand the frustration
Things have changed quite a bit with the SLC media regarding positive Aggie sports coverage. It is important to express our frustration with the biased opinions or things will only get worse. Go Aggies!
It gets pretty annoying to me when 90% of all I see on social media is Aggie fans complaining about a lack of attention. I’d rather see more positive comments when we actually do get attention, and a focus on all the good things happening in Logan.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



NVAggie
Posts: 15024
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has liked: 217 times
Been liked: 202 times

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by NVAggie » June 17th, 2019, 10:09 am

I haven't ever cared about this list. I don't see myself starting this season either. It is something to talk about during the long summer of nothing. There is no baseball interest in Utah and the Women's World Cup isn't going to move the dial.



User avatar
crazywookie
Posts: 1386
Joined: August 3rd, 2011, 10:14 pm
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 1 time

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by crazywookie » June 17th, 2019, 11:49 am

I am not concerned so much where our players are ranked. I enjoy hearing them be talked about so I can learn more about them. That's about it. They will earn respect (probably) if it's deserved after the season. I'm happy when we win and I hear interesting stories about our team


"Cover me porkins I'm going in..."

"I'm right with you Red 3..."

aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 6340
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 788 times
Been liked: 416 times
Contact:

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by aggies22 » June 17th, 2019, 1:57 pm

There is no way Shaq Bond will be ranked this low next year.



slcagg
Posts: 2879
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 70 times

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by slcagg » June 17th, 2019, 1:59 pm

aggies22 wrote:
June 17th, 2019, 1:57 pm
There is no way Shaq Bond will be ranked this low next year.
He still won’t be where he should be ranked. But then again I’m just repeating myself so I better not comment.



User avatar
ChicAggie
Posts: 2472
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:18 pm
Location: Chicago
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 183 times

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by ChicAggie » June 17th, 2019, 2:07 pm

USU78 wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 12:31 pm
aceofspadeskb wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 3:03 pm
#54 - Talon Shumway - DB - BYU
:lol: :lol: :lol: :joking:
I guess you have to know more about BYU-P football than I do to understand why that is funny.


"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

User avatar
aceofspadeskb
Posts: 4072
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by aceofspadeskb » June 17th, 2019, 2:08 pm

#53 - Shaq Bond - S - Utah State - #34 in fan vote

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk




aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 6340
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 788 times
Been liked: 416 times
Contact:

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by aggies22 » June 17th, 2019, 2:16 pm

slcagg wrote:
June 17th, 2019, 1:59 pm
aggies22 wrote:
June 17th, 2019, 1:57 pm
There is no way Shaq Bond will be ranked this low next year.
He still won’t be where he should be ranked. But then again I’m just repeating myself so I better not comment.
Shaq came in at #53 today.



taniataylor
Posts: 1381
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 113 times

Re: 1280: 60 in 60

Post by taniataylor » June 17th, 2019, 3:37 pm

I have nothing creative to say.....but this list is BULLSH*T


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic