Kuba

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
flying_scotsman2.0
Posts: 813
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
Has liked: 270 times
Been liked: 98 times

Kuba

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » October 11th, 2019, 7:16 am

Is it just me, or is anyone else really excited for him? I think he'll replace Queta well next year. I don't think we've ever had a guy his size that moves as well as he does.
These users liked this post from flying_scotsman2.0:
Aggiestyle



Aggie in Boise
Posts: 155
Joined: February 15th, 2019, 1:58 pm
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 72 times

Re: Kuba

Post by Aggie in Boise » October 11th, 2019, 9:38 am

I completely agree. He's going to be really good for us.



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 13091
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 235 times

Re: Kuba

Post by brownjeans » October 11th, 2019, 1:37 pm

I like him very much.

This might be the best recruiting class in my lifetime (my memory of my lifetime anyway).



ususports
Posts: 1029
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 95 times

Re: Kuba

Post by ususports » October 11th, 2019, 1:40 pm

I am waiting to hear his musical talents before I decide how good he will be on the court.
These users liked this post from ususports. Total Likes: 2
flying_scotsman2.0crazywookie



mcaggie1
Posts: 2453
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 3:14 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 62 times

Re: Kuba

Post by mcaggie1 » October 11th, 2019, 1:46 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
October 11th, 2019, 7:16 am
Is it just me, or is anyone else really excited for him? I think he'll replace Queta well next year. I don't think we've ever had a guy his size that moves as well as he does.
I think I know what you mean, but I would say that Queta moves better than Kuba by far. So the question is.....are you talking about players 7-2 or taller?



SLB
Posts: 846
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Kuba

Post by SLB » October 11th, 2019, 2:17 pm

We have some real depth finally.
Queta, Kuba, Stall, Dorius
Stall and Dorius have size, but we have wait and see how they do in 2019-2020 season.



User avatar
Dwigt
Posts: 1118
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:23 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Kuba

Post by Dwigt » October 11th, 2019, 3:13 pm

I hope he is surrounded by great shooting guards so we can call them Kuba and the Two Wings.
These users liked this post from Dwigt. Total Likes: 3
BearLakeMonsterGretschAggieBlues


"The threshold of insult is in direct relation to intelligence and security." John Steinbeck

User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 5559
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 171 times
Contact:

Re: Kuba

Post by TheAKAggie » October 11th, 2019, 5:23 pm

Dwigt wrote:I hope he is surrounded by great shooting guards so we can call them Kuba and the Two Wings.
Show yourself out!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users liked this post from TheAKAggie. Total Likes: 2
aggies22Gretsch


Hail Aggies!

mcaggie1
Posts: 2453
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 3:14 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 62 times

Re: Kuba

Post by mcaggie1 » October 11th, 2019, 5:36 pm

mcaggie1 wrote:
October 11th, 2019, 1:46 pm
flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
October 11th, 2019, 7:16 am
Is it just me, or is anyone else really excited for him? I think he'll replace Queta well next year. I don't think we've ever had a guy his size that moves as well as he does.
I think I know what you mean, but I would say that Queta moves better than Kuba by far. So the question is.....are you talking about players 7-2 or taller?
I think I will eat my words. Just saw the slam dunk contest. He can move extremely well. A WAY better get than I originally thought.
These users liked this post from mcaggie1. Total Likes: 3
aggies22IdaAg93flying_scotsman2.0



User avatar
Dwigt
Posts: 1118
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:23 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Kuba

Post by Dwigt » October 11th, 2019, 7:54 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
October 11th, 2019, 5:23 pm
Dwigt wrote:I hope he is surrounded by great shooting guards so we can call them Kuba and the Two Wings.
Show yourself out!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You’re welcome :thanks:


"The threshold of insult is in direct relation to intelligence and security." John Steinbeck

User avatar
TrueAggieman
Posts: 348
Joined: August 7th, 2011, 11:41 pm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Kuba

Post by TrueAggieman » October 11th, 2019, 11:41 pm

My one wish in life is to see him play next to Queta. I’m sure they’ll probably not play side to side often, but imagine the rebounds and blocks 🤤


Utah State Hey Aggies all the way! Go Aggies! Go Aggies! Hey! Hey! Hey!

User avatar
frankiesaysrelax
Posts: 136
Joined: August 15th, 2014, 8:15 pm
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Kuba

Post by frankiesaysrelax » October 12th, 2019, 12:56 am

TrueAggieman wrote:
October 11th, 2019, 11:41 pm
My one wish in life is to see him play next to Queta. I’m sure they’ll probably not play side to side often, but imagine the rebounds and blocks 🤤
They could run a 3-2 zone with those two under the hoop and Bairstow or Brito at the top and the Other on a wing with Merrill on the other wIng just to throw a different look sometimes.



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7308
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 222 times

Re: Kuba

Post by dyedblue » October 12th, 2019, 5:59 am

A 3-2 with those two would get us killed against a team with good guards - like Nevada last year. College is such a guard driven game we’d have to be careful when to use this defense.

The party would absolutely be shut down, but a 3-2 defense can’t cover the corner threes well and any it is also vulnerable to driving and kicking the ball. When a quick guard drives the top of the zone collapses and the post defender come up leaving half the court wide open.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 7187
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 876 times
Contact:

Re: Kuba

Post by aggies22 » October 12th, 2019, 10:07 am

dyedblue wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 5:59 am
A 3-2 with those two would get us killed against a team with good guards - like Nevada last year. College is such a guard driven game we’d have to be careful when to use this defense.

The party would absolutely be shut down, but a 3-2 defense can’t cover the corner threes well and any it is also vulnerable to driving and kicking the ball. When a quick guard drives the top of the zone collapses and the post defender come up leaving half the court wide open.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Couldn't having two dudes like Kuba and Queta down low close out on a corner three much quicker that a six-foot something guard?



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7308
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 222 times

Re: Kuba

Post by dyedblue » October 12th, 2019, 10:28 am

I don’t think they would be quick enough to get there. I haven’t seen Kuba, and while Quetão has great length it’s tough for him to close out that far. If you extended the zone out a bit it could help, but if they close out in the corner then quick cuts from wings would find a wide open lane. It would be interesting to see if those two could play together defensively though, I’m just guessing on Kuba here and you might be right’22


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 7187
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 876 times
Contact:

Re: Kuba

Post by aggies22 » October 12th, 2019, 11:33 am

dyedblue wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 10:28 am
I don’t think they would be quick enough to get there. I haven’t seen Kuba, and while Quetão has great length it’s tough for him to close out that far. If you extended the zone out a bit it could help, but if they close out in the corner then quick cuts from wings would find a wide open lane. It would be interesting to see if those two could play together defensively though, I’m just guessing on Kuba here and you might be right’22


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see your point with a quick cut once one of the bigs tried to close out as well. If one of the bigs had to close out on the corner the backside big would have to slide over to cut off a potential cutter. There are so many scenarios and what-ifs they could probably be endless.



User avatar
flying_scotsman2.0
Posts: 813
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
Has liked: 270 times
Been liked: 98 times

Re: Kuba

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » October 12th, 2019, 1:47 pm

mcaggie1 wrote:
October 11th, 2019, 5:36 pm
mcaggie1 wrote:
October 11th, 2019, 1:46 pm
flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
October 11th, 2019, 7:16 am
Is it just me, or is anyone else really excited for him? I think he'll replace Queta well next year. I don't think we've ever had a guy his size that moves as well as he does.
I think I know what you mean, but I would say that Queta moves better than Kuba by far. So the question is.....are you talking about players 7-2 or taller?
I think I will eat my words. Just saw the slam dunk contest. He can move extremely well. A WAY better get than I originally thought.
Yeah man, that's basically why I posted this. He should be a very adequate replacement for Queta next year. Also, if he is willing to work and get coached up, I think he has all the natural, physical tools to get to the NBA.



User avatar
lcrasmus
Posts: 1294
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:40 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Kuba

Post by lcrasmus » October 12th, 2019, 2:27 pm

aggies22 wrote:
dyedblue wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 10:28 am
I don’t think they would be quick enough to get there. I haven’t seen Kuba, and while Quetão has great length it’s tough for him to close out that far. If you extended the zone out a bit it could help, but if they close out in the corner then quick cuts from wings would find a wide open lane. It would be interesting to see if those two could play together defensively though, I’m just guessing on Kuba here and you might be right’22


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see your point with a quick cut once one of the bigs tried to close out as well. If one of the bigs had to close out on the corner the backside big would have to slide over to cut off a potential cutter. There are so many scenarios and what-ifs they could probably be endless.
To be fair, if we have 14 possible players (Anthony the only required redshirt) there's 8568 possible roster lineups. So not quite endless.


But your point stands.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Chatman
Posts: 1020
Joined: November 30th, 2010, 11:04 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Kuba

Post by Chatman » October 12th, 2019, 2:35 pm

lcrasmus wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 2:27 pm
aggies22 wrote:
dyedblue wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 10:28 am
I don’t think they would be quick enough to get there. I haven’t seen Kuba, and while Quetão has great length it’s tough for him to close out that far. If you extended the zone out a bit it could help, but if they close out in the corner then quick cuts from wings would find a wide open lane. It would be interesting to see if those two could play together defensively though, I’m just guessing on Kuba here and you might be right’22


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see your point with a quick cut once one of the bigs tried to close out as well. If one of the bigs had to close out on the corner the backside big would have to slide over to cut off a potential cutter. There are so many scenarios and what-ifs they could probably be endless.
To be fair, if we have 14 possible players (Anthony the only required redshirt) there's 8568 possible roster lineups. So not quite endless.


But your point stands.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you David Locke



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 13091
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 235 times

Re: Kuba

Post by brownjeans » October 12th, 2019, 2:37 pm

Playing Kuba and Queta together would be great on D, but on offense one of them would need to be a threat to hit a 3 to keep the paint from getting clogged up.



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 7187
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 876 times
Contact:

Re: Kuba

Post by aggies22 » October 12th, 2019, 2:51 pm

lcrasmus wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 2:27 pm
aggies22 wrote:
dyedblue wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 10:28 am
I don’t think they would be quick enough to get there. I haven’t seen Kuba, and while Quetão has great length it’s tough for him to close out that far. If you extended the zone out a bit it could help, but if they close out in the corner then quick cuts from wings would find a wide open lane. It would be interesting to see if those two could play together defensively though, I’m just guessing on Kuba here and you might be right’22


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see your point with a quick cut once one of the bigs tried to close out as well. If one of the bigs had to close out on the corner the backside big would have to slide over to cut off a potential cutter. There are so many scenarios and what-ifs they could probably be endless.
To be fair, if we have 14 possible players (Anthony the only required redshirt) there's 8568 possible roster lineups. So not quite endless.


But your point stands.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha! Well done my Aggie brother!



cdaAg
Posts: 602
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:41 am
Location: Perry, enfin
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 12 times

Re: Kuba

Post by cdaAg » October 12th, 2019, 3:04 pm

Chatman wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 2:35 pm
Thank you David Locke
Whoa, no need to get nasty with the insults here...



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7308
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 222 times

Re: Kuba

Post by dyedblue » October 12th, 2019, 3:34 pm

cdaAg wrote:
Chatman wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 2:35 pm
Thank you David Locke
Whoa, no need to get nasty with the insults here...
To be fair, his voice did crack while he was typing that


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users liked this post from dyedblue:
cdaAg


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 5559
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 171 times
Contact:

Re: Kuba

Post by TheAKAggie » October 12th, 2019, 7:01 pm

On one of Kuba’s dunks, the rim about about nipple level at the apex oh his jump.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hail Aggies!

User avatar
frankiesaysrelax
Posts: 136
Joined: August 15th, 2014, 8:15 pm
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Kuba

Post by frankiesaysrelax » October 12th, 2019, 8:29 pm

When I wrote about the 3-2 I was just thinking of ways they could play those two at the same time and a 3-2 seemed like the best fit. We have long rangey guards that an close out fast. Kuba covers ground fast in the dunk contest highlights. There aren’t many other options to play two 7 footers together. How’d Phi Slama Jama do it back in the day?



User avatar
frankiesaysrelax
Posts: 136
Joined: August 15th, 2014, 8:15 pm
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Kuba

Post by frankiesaysrelax » October 12th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Maybe the D the huskies run? I think they did one weird 1-3-1 d or some twist



Aggie in Boise
Posts: 155
Joined: February 15th, 2019, 1:58 pm
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 72 times

Re: Kuba

Post by Aggie in Boise » October 13th, 2019, 11:28 am

lcrasmus wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 2:27 pm
aggies22 wrote:
dyedblue wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 10:28 am
I don’t think they would be quick enough to get there. I haven’t seen Kuba, and while Quetão has great length it’s tough for him to close out that far. If you extended the zone out a bit it could help, but if they close out in the corner then quick cuts from wings would find a wide open lane. It would be interesting to see if those two could play together defensively though, I’m just guessing on Kuba here and you might be right’22


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see your point with a quick cut once one of the bigs tried to close out as well. If one of the bigs had to close out on the corner the backside big would have to slide over to cut off a potential cutter. There are so many scenarios and what-ifs they could probably be endless.
To be fair, if we have 14 possible players (Anthony the only required redshirt) there's 8568 possible roster lineups. So not quite endless.


But your point stands.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would love to see all 8568 possibilities. Would you mind putting together a list?
These users liked this post from Aggie in Boise. Total Likes: 2
TheAKAggieaggies22



tysteve20
Posts: 131
Joined: August 28th, 2014, 3:21 pm
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Kuba

Post by tysteve20 » October 13th, 2019, 3:41 pm

One of these would be
Kuba 7’2
Queta 7’0
Dorius 7’0
Stall 6’10
Mcchesney 6’10

Wow.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
TrueAggieman
Posts: 348
Joined: August 7th, 2011, 11:41 pm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Kuba

Post by TrueAggieman » October 13th, 2019, 3:57 pm

tysteve20 wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 3:41 pm
One of these would be
Kuba 7’2
Queta 7’0
Dorius 7’0
Stall 6’10
Mcchesney 6’10

Wow.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can we please????? Pretty pretty please. Just give us 5 minutes of this in one game when we are up 30.


Utah State Hey Aggies all the way! Go Aggies! Go Aggies! Hey! Hey! Hey!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic