Whos the next OC

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5392
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 383 times
Been thanked: 651 times

Re: Whos the next OC

Post by Roy McAvoy » January 10th, 2020, 3:33 pm

On the “Aggies” theme, don’t rule out UC Davis offensive coordinator, Tim Plough.

They have had the best offense in the Big Sky since he took over as OC and he’s considered a top young coach.

https://ucdavisaggies.com/sports/footba ... plough/646
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post (total 2):
rAggieaggies22



User avatar
AGGIEinIOWA
Posts: 1191
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 10:50 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: Whos the next OC

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » January 10th, 2020, 4:26 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:On the “Aggies” theme, don’t rule out UC Davis offensive coordinator, Tim Plough.

They have had the best offense in the Big Sky since he took over as OC and he’s considered a top young coach.

https://ucdavisaggies.com/sports/footba ... plough/646
Interesting. Sounds like Chris Petersen even picked his brain a bit. Must be an up and comer. So would you rather have this guy or Paul Peterson (Dixie) if you had to choose?



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5392
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 383 times
Been thanked: 651 times

Re: Whos the next OC

Post by Roy McAvoy » January 10th, 2020, 4:31 pm

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 4:26 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:On the “Aggies” theme, don’t rule out UC Davis offensive coordinator, Tim Plough.

They have had the best offense in the Big Sky since he took over as OC and he’s considered a top young coach.

https://ucdavisaggies.com/sports/footba ... plough/646
Interesting. Sounds like Chris Petersen even picked his brain a bit. Must be an up and comer. So would you rather have this guy or Paul Peterson (Dixie) if you had to choose?
I actually don't have an opinion one way or the other. From the outside I think both seem like they'd be a great hire. Plough seems to be very highly thought of by others. It seems like he's known of as a bit of an offensive mastermind. He would also bring some different recruiting connections. I don't think Paul Peterson would have many connections outside of what we already have.



rAggie
Posts: 499
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:52 am
Location: Logan, UT
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 123 times
Contact:

Re: Whos the next OC

Post by rAggie » January 10th, 2020, 7:35 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 3:33 pm
On the “Aggies” theme, don’t rule out UC Davis offensive coordinator, Tim Plough.

They have had the best offense in the Big Sky since he took over as OC and he’s considered a top young coach.

https://ucdavisaggies.com/sports/footba ... plough/646
:cheers:
These users thanked the author rAggie for the post:
aggies22



Aggie84025
Posts: 1815
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 523 times

Re: Whos the next OC

Post by Aggie84025 » January 10th, 2020, 8:25 pm

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 4:26 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:On the “Aggies” theme, don’t rule out UC Davis offensive coordinator, Tim Plough.

They have had the best offense in the Big Sky since he took over as OC and he’s considered a top young coach.

https://ucdavisaggies.com/sports/footba ... plough/646
Interesting. Sounds like Chris Petersen even picked his brain a bit. Must be an up and comer. So would you rather have this guy or Paul Peterson (Dixie) if you had to choose?
I would be super happy if he took the OC job. seems like a really good coach.



User avatar
CaptainChaos
Posts: 903
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:58 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Whos the next OC

Post by CaptainChaos » January 11th, 2020, 10:14 am

Wow Dan Hawkins is now at UC Davis? He sure took quite the tumble.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5392
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 383 times
Been thanked: 651 times

Re: Whos the next OC

Post by Roy McAvoy » January 11th, 2020, 10:59 am

CaptainChaos wrote:
January 11th, 2020, 10:14 am
Wow Dan Hawkins is now at UC Davis? He sure took quite the tumble.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It isn’t quite as bad as it may seem. It’s his Alma mater and where he had his first coaching job.



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 14421
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 242 times
Been thanked: 571 times

Re: Whos the next OC

Post by brownjeans » January 11th, 2020, 1:46 pm

Hawkins has had some weird jobs since leaving Colorado. Montreal Alouettes, United States national team (didn't know there was such a thing), and the Vienna Vikings (as in Austria).



User avatar
CaptainChaos
Posts: 903
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:58 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Whos the next OC

Post by CaptainChaos » January 12th, 2020, 11:05 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
CaptainChaos wrote:
January 11th, 2020, 10:14 am
Wow Dan Hawkins is now at UC Davis? He sure took quite the tumble.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It isn’t quite as bad as it may seem. It’s his Alma mater and where he had his first coaching job.
I noticed that after I posted. I can see it now as a kind of retirement gig. Comfy, secure, low stress, etc.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
inconspicuous
Posts: 395
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:30 am
Location: SF Bay Area
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Whos the next OC

Post by inconspicuous » January 14th, 2020, 4:57 pm

no updates on this search? have been looking on Footballscoop etc. Anyone have any insight into people that are interested or people that are being considered?



JFW_AGGIES
Posts: 573
Joined: September 2nd, 2017, 6:02 am
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Re: Whos the next OC

Post by JFW_AGGIES » January 14th, 2020, 6:24 pm

inconspicuous wrote:
January 14th, 2020, 4:57 pm
no updates on this search? have been looking on Footballscoop etc. Anyone have any insight into people that are interested or people that are being considered?
I know that they had 2 candidates in for interviews last week. One of the names has been discussed in this thread. I would think that the hire will be announced later this week or maybe into next week. :noidea:



Locked Previous topicNext topic