Tournament Seeding

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Bank Shot

Tournament Seeding

Post by Bank Shot » February 12th, 2020, 1:25 pm

If the tournament was to start now the bracket would look like:

San Diego St San Jose St
Fresno St.

Colorado St
Nevada

Boise St UNLV
Wyoming

Utah St New Mexico
Air Force

To me this would be the best scenario. It's a decent matchup the first night, and I'd rather play BSU than Colorado St the 2nd night. Only hangup would be UNLV beating BSU as I wouldn't want to play UNLV on their floor.

Aggie84025
Has thanked: 0

Re: Tournament Seeding

Post by Aggie84025 » February 12th, 2020, 1:49 pm

New Mexico is always scary for me based on their athletes and pressing. I have not watched them play this year so I am not familiar with their team this year. Other than they have experienced lots of suspensions.

SweepDance

Re: Tournament Seeding

Post by SweepDance » February 12th, 2020, 2:23 pm

I don't see this changing a whole lot, either. After last night we'll likely finish second. Boise/CSU/Nevada will go 3-4-5 in some order, but I think Boise is the clear favorite to be #3 and on our side of the bracket, especially with the tiebreaker over CSU. UNLV, New Mexico and Fresno State will likely stay 6-7-8 and Air Force should move past SJSU for 9th as they have home games remaining against both SJSU and Wyoming.

The crazy thing is that we could very likely go the entire season without playing New Mexico until February 29 and then play them in back-to-back games.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic