Why Sunday? And $

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
JSHarvey

Why Sunday? And $

Post by JSHarvey » August 28th, 2014, 11:15 am

What day was this game originally scheduled for? Why was it moved?

Also does anyone know what we are getting paid for this game? Did it go up when they moved the date?

Just curious.

Thanks.

"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

BigVBAg

Re: Why Sunday? And $

Post by BigVBAg » August 28th, 2014, 11:19 am

It was originally scheduled for Saturday and they moved it for TV reasons. As a result, our payday did go up, but I don't remember the actual amount (500k comes to mind).

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » August 28th, 2014, 11:45 am

I remember Barnes saying they wouldn't accept any money games unless they were approaching $1 million. I doubt we're only getting 500K for this game. If so, that was a major fail on the part of the AD, seeing as how this was scheduled before we were very good.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

BigVBAg

Post by BigVBAg » August 28th, 2014, 11:52 am

The 500k is on top of the ~900k payout that UT is giving us. It's a bonus for being on national TV on a day other than Saturday.

glendayle
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by glendayle » August 28th, 2014, 11:55 am

3rdGenAggie wrote:I remember Barnes saying they wouldn't accept any money games unless they were approaching $1 million. I doubt we're only getting 500K for this game. If so, that was a major fail on the part of the AD, seeing as how this was scheduled before we were very good.
I'm dissapointed we didn't get Utah this year. It does make me feel good that those pansies would rather pay us 500k than come play us.

glendayle

Post by glendayle » August 28th, 2014, 11:56 am

However I'm a little annoyed that we scheduled the extra game as a road game.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » August 28th, 2014, 12:00 pm

glendayle wrote:However I'm a little annoyed that we scheduled the extra game as a road game.
Actually, the extra game got us to 6 home games. We were having trouble getting yams to Logan this year and has 7 road games with 5 home games. Luckily we were able to add Wake Forest at the last minute to get to 6 home games.

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » August 28th, 2014, 12:07 pm

BigVBAg wrote:The 500k is on top of the ~900k payout that UT is giving us. It's a bonus for being on national TV on a day other than Saturday.
That's great news, then. Hopefully we can send them home with a loss for all that money!

Sent from my teléfono

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

Floppy Hat
Pick'em Champ - '15,'19 FB Predict the Score; '17 Kickoff; '18 Weekly; '19 Bowl

Post by Floppy Hat » August 28th, 2014, 12:46 pm

JSHarvey wrote:What day was this game originally scheduled for? Why was it moved?

Also does anyone know what we are getting paid for this game? Did it go up when they moved the date?

Just curious.

Thanks.
The original, original day was Saturday November 8th. Last August the Athletic Department announced the game was rescheduled to August 30th. Then it seems like this Spring was when the move to the Sunday and the SEC network was announced.

Press release about original schedule change: http://www.utahstateaggies.com/sports/m ... 13aac.html
April 8th was when the change to Sunday was announced by the AD: http://www.utahstateaggies.com/sports/m ... 14aaa.html

I believe our payout from Tennessee is $950K. A couple of years ago, Barnes showed a spreadsheet during a "State of the Aggies" presentation that had future schedules and payouts on it. I vaguely remember a picture that circulated around here at that time.

I'm not sure where the $500k national TV bonus information is coming from. This game isn't eligible for the MWC TV bonus money since it isn't a game that falls under the MWC TV contract.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » August 28th, 2014, 1:12 pm

Floppy Hat wrote:
JSHarvey wrote:What day was this game originally scheduled for? Why was it moved?

Just curious.

Thanks.
The original, original day was Saturday November 8th. Last August the Athletic Department announced the game was rescheduled to August 30th. Then it seems like this Spring was when the move to the Sunday and the SEC network was announced.

Press release about original schedule change: http://www.utahstateaggies.com/sports/m ... 13aac.html
April 8th was when the change to Sunday was announced by the AD: http://www.utahstateaggies.com/sports/m ... 14aaa.html

I believe our payout from Tennessee is $950K. A couple of years ago, Barnes showed a spreadsheet during a "State of the Aggies" presentation that had future schedules and payouts on it. I vaguely remember a picture that circulated around here at that time.

I'm not sure where the $500k national TV bonus information is coming from. This game isn't eligible for the MWC TV bonus money since it isn't a game that falls under the MWC TV contract.
Floppy Hat wins the internet!
The payout was shown as $950k (remember this was scheduled a couple of years ago) and was scheduled for Nov 8th
Screen Shot: download/file.php?id=1018&mode=view

Floppy is also correct on the $500k TV exposure bonus payout. This is not a game that the MWC has TV rights to and thus it is not eligible for the conference television bonus. The $300k and $500k bonuses are only for games held in MWC venues or that the conference has the television rights to and that air on the qualifying channels.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » August 28th, 2014, 1:22 pm

Aglicious wrote:
Floppy Hat wrote:

Just curious.

Thanks.

The payout was shown as $950k (remember this was scheduled a couple of years ago) and was scheduled for Nov 8th

Floppy is also correct on the $500k TV exposure bonus payout. This is not a game that the MWC has TV rights to and thus it is not eligible for the conference television bonus. The $300k and $500k bonuses are only for games held in MWC venues or that the conference has the television rights to and that air on the qualifying channels.
That doesn't mean that the SEC network didn't offer USU some money to allow the game to be moved to Sunday. I'm not saying that is what happened for sure but it's a possibility.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » August 28th, 2014, 4:54 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
Aglicious wrote:
Floppy Hat wrote:

Just curious.

Thanks.

That doesn't mean that the SEC network didn't offer USU some money to allow the game to be moved to Sunday. I'm not saying that is what happened for sure but it's a possibility.
I'm pretty sure there were monetary perks from ESPN (SEC Network) for us and Tennessee to agree to the date change.

Win-win situation in my opinion.

glendayle

Post by glendayle » August 29th, 2014, 12:06 am

One nice thing is that there is only one other game going on. Baylor SMU will probably have a bit more national interest, but I've been in such a football withdrawal I'm watching everything I can. I'm assuming there will be a lot of people flipping the channels, jonsin' for some football and landing on our game.

Locked Previous topicNext topic