Odds / Win Totals / Opponents

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
trehogi74
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Odds / Win Totals / Opponents

Post by trehogi74 » May 28th, 2015, 6:07 am

http://www.againstthenumber.com

Washington's over/under for wins this year is 4 and the under is the favorite. Could this be the year USU gets that road win? They won't be a great team this year obviously but perhaps one of their projected wins is USU.

Here is their schedule this year.
http://www.gohuskies.com/SportSelect.db ... SID=749527

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Re: Odds / Win Totals / Opponents

Post by BigBlueDart » May 28th, 2015, 9:10 am

It's kind of hard to say what they are saying, here. Here is Washington's schedule along with ATN's win totals:

Boise St - 9.5
Sacramento St - N/A
Utah St - 8
California - 5
USC - 8
Oregon - 10
Stanford - 9
Arizona - 7
Utah - 7.5
Arizona St - 8.5
Oregon St - 4
Washington St - 5

Sacramento St is certainly going to be considered one of their wins. I doubt Boise St is. The PAC-12 teams that have win totals down in Washington's neighborhood would be Washington St, Oregon St, and Cal. Honestly, my guess is that the national opinion would stick us in that group, too. We've got an 8 win prediction, but that is with an easier schedule than Washington's. So, yes, we certainly can take down Washington, but I'm guessing they'll call the game a toss-up.

BigBlueDart

Post by BigBlueDart » May 28th, 2015, 9:13 am

Just to be clear, I think our team is very capable of taking care of business in Seattle. They just need to do the work and not get distracted or stumble. Washington is as good a chance of a win, and yes, possibly better, than any other we've had in recent years. Another close loss would be heart-breaking. (Of course, a beating like we took against Tennessee would just make me sick to my stomach).

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » May 28th, 2015, 12:36 pm

They should have home wins against Sac, Cal and Wazoo. The projected 4th would either be us at home or Oregon St on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » May 28th, 2015, 1:37 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:Just to be clear, I think our team is very capable of taking care of business in Seattle. They just need to do the work and not get distracted or stumble. Washington is as good a chance of a win, and yes, possibly better, than any other we've had in recent years. Another close loss would be heart-breaking. (Of course, a beating like we took against Tennessee would just make me sick to my stomach).
Tennessee also looked ripe for picking last year and the Aggies have never been within earshot of a win against a Chris Petersen coached team. Some of the unknowns aren't as glaring this year (i.e. the receiving corp and O-line experience) but others including Chuckie's health, a go to RB, and a secondary in transition are still up in the air. The answer to those questions and how much better the O-line is with experience will determine whether the Aggies hang with the Huskies.

BigBlueDart

Post by BigBlueDart » May 28th, 2015, 1:55 pm

One really big plus, in my opinion, is that this will be our third game of the season. Hopefully, at this point the team will be more settled and focused. It seemed to help against Wisconsin in 2012. If we can get our kicking game figured out in time we might actually be able to win this time!

Locked Previous topicNext topic