The ASU players were punks

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GUS

The ASU players were punks

Post by GUS » September 17th, 2016, 9:34 am

On every fair catch that Andrew Rodriguez caught, they would surround him and bump him trying to get a reaction. long after the whistle had blown. The refs did nothing to stop the taunting.

Machismo

Re: The ASU players were punks

Post by Machismo » September 17th, 2016, 9:40 am

Yeah I noticed that and complained why flags weren't thrown. IMO their Punkyness kept us in that Game. If they alwoukd have played a relatively clean Game I think we lose.

AngusAg

Post by AngusAg » September 17th, 2016, 9:58 am

Number 20 was roaming and jawing the west sideline the whole game. By the end of the game, he had a little contingency with him. Couldn't figure out why the coaching staff didn't put an end to it. In addition to that there was continued play after the whistle on several occasions. Wasn't impressed with the discipline of Ark St.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » September 17th, 2016, 10:16 am

ASU is the dirtiest, least-disciplined team that I have ever seen. Even worse than BYU. I hope those guys go 0-12. I am proud that our guys never lost their heads.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » September 17th, 2016, 10:21 am

Yeah no discipline at all from the coaches and even worse, then seemed to encourage their behavior.

Empire of Dirt

Post by Empire of Dirt » September 17th, 2016, 10:30 am

Machismo wrote:Yeah I noticed that and complained why flags weren't thrown. IMO their Punkyness kept us in that Game. If they alwoukd have played a relatively clean Game I think we lose.
Yup.

I couldn't understand what was going on with the coaches either. Like a little league team being ran by "cool dads.”

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"If you are not an Aggie Fan you are a complete loser." -Kyle Gunther

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » September 17th, 2016, 10:31 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:Yeah no discipline at all from the coaches and even worse, then seemed to encourage their behavior.
Many coaches were participating in the bad behavior

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

bleu
Been thanked: 0

Post by bleu » September 17th, 2016, 10:51 am

The refs did a terrible job IMO at keeping them in control. While there were a lot of penalties on ASU, there were SEVERAL easy late hits and taunts that went uncalled. If they would have tossed a few players out early they could have sent a message, but instead they just allowed it to go on throughout the entire game. I'm surprised there wasn't a brawl of any sort, huge props to the Aggies for keeping their cool.

Yensidr
Has thanked: 0

Post by Yensidr » September 17th, 2016, 11:32 am

bleu wrote:The refs did a terrible job IMO at keeping them in control. While there were a lot of penalties on ASU, there were SEVERAL easy late hits and taunts that went uncalled. If they would have tossed a few players out early they could have sent a message, but instead they just allowed it to go on throughout the entire game. I'm surprised there wasn't a brawl of any sort, huge props to the Aggies for keeping their cool.
I thought they should have done something on that first fight. I thought it looked like punches were thrown by both players.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » September 17th, 2016, 11:37 am

It started on the opening kick off. Shameful.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » September 17th, 2016, 11:38 am

bleu wrote:The refs did a terrible job IMO at keeping them in control. While there were a lot of penalties on ASU, there were SEVERAL easy late hits and taunts that went uncalled. If they would have tossed a few players out early they could have sent a message, but instead they just allowed it to go on throughout the entire game. I'm surprised there wasn't a brawl of any sort, huge props to the Aggies for keeping their cool.

The officials should have gotten more involved as the first bits of chippy behavior occurred. I'm surprised the teams even shook hands at the end of the game and in the second half I was waiting for a major fight to break out. Arkansas State was very undisciplined and it may have cost them the game as I believe they really lost it in the first half.

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » September 17th, 2016, 1:07 pm

dyedblue wrote:ASU is the dirtiest, least-disciplined team that I have ever seen. Even worse than BYU. I hope those guys go 0-12. I am proud that our guys never lost their heads.
Amen to that. I literally thought several times during the game, "wow, these guys are even worse than BYU" -- and that's saying something. They played past the whistle almost every play. The first unsportsmanlike call against the Ags was in retaliation for a cheap/dirty shot taken nearly 3-4 seconds after the play was over. The idiot ref appeared to be looking right at them when it happened, but he only threw the flag when the Ags retaliated. The gang huddle they did around Rodriguez after every fair catch was comically over-the-top. I found myself thinking that the coach must be a total (I can't express myself without swearing) to not only allow that crap, but it seems clearly to be part of the way the team is coached -- because it happened after nearly every single play. Huge props to the Ags for not letting it result in anything stupid.

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » September 17th, 2016, 3:40 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
dyedblue wrote:ASU is the dirtiest, least-disciplined team that I have ever seen. Even worse than BYU. I hope those guys go 0-12. I am proud that our guys never lost their heads.
Amen to that. I literally thought several times during the game, "wow, these guys are even worse than BYU" -- and that's saying something. They played past the whistle almost every play. The first unsportsmanlike call against the Ags was in retaliation for a cheap/dirty shot taken nearly 3-4 seconds after the play was over. The idiot ref appeared to be looking right at them when it happened, but he only threw the flag when the Ags retaliated. The gang huddle they did around Rodriguez after every fair catch was comically over-the-top. I found myself thinking that the coach must be a total a** to not only allow that crap, but it seems clearly to be part of the way the team is coached -- because it happened after nearly every single play. Huge props to the Ags for not letting it result in anything stupid.
People can say what they will about Coach Wells, but he can't be dinged at all when it comes to team discipline. Our personal fouls are way down, the off the field stuff is at a minimum, and the dude is pretty responsive to those 3am phone calls. Oh, and we graduate everyone every year, which is the whole reason we're supposedly all here.

BeNo

Post by BeNo » September 17th, 2016, 4:17 pm

I already made another post on this - one of their players (27 IIRC) on the sideline made a pistol shape with his left hand and a shooting motion with it towards the crowd as asu played their last plays and the clock ran out. He tried to be somewhat inconspicuous - his arms folded with his "pistol" tight against his body shooting over and behind/to the side of his right shoulder.

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » September 17th, 2016, 4:43 pm

Under normal conditions, I think USU would have taken a knee those last few seconds. Scoring that last TD was the Aggies way of payback.

Anther terrible call was the flag on Leavitt when he made the pick. That changed the whole momentum of the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » September 17th, 2016, 6:22 pm

Haven't seen such a collection of classless, pre-Madonna punks since the last time we play NMSU in basketball.
I too hope they go 0-12.

bleu

Post by bleu » September 17th, 2016, 6:28 pm

Jjoey52 wrote:Under normal conditions, I think USU would have taken a knee those last few seconds. Scoring that last TD was the Aggies way of payback.

Anther terrible call was the flag on Leavitt when he made the pick. That changed the whole momentum of the game.
I was so so SO glad that they punched it in there at the end. The players deserved that one, and ASU deserved to give that one up.

AgMac

Post by AgMac » September 17th, 2016, 6:33 pm

Agree with everything in this thread. They were horrible.

BearLakeMonster

Post by BearLakeMonster » September 17th, 2016, 7:28 pm

Elkaggie wrote:pre-Madonna punks
Wow. They're old.

"The evil I can tolerate. But the stupidity... Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself homo!"

AgMac

Post by AgMac » September 17th, 2016, 7:30 pm

BearLakeMonster wrote:
Wow. They're old.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap:

Best post ever.

paaron46

Post by paaron46 » September 18th, 2016, 10:02 am

I hated this team. Like really hated them. What an awful bunch of players and coaches. The coaches fostered their antics. They gave one idiot a championship belt after he made an interception. They made a big deal of it on TV. Freaking circus of buffoons. If I were an ASU fan I'd be pissed that my team is a bunch of jerks only concerned about personal achievements and that my coaches actually allow that crap to go on. They're my most hated NCAA team now. Hope they lose every game.

Twitter: @AaronPeck

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » September 18th, 2016, 10:04 am

AgMac wrote:
BearLakeMonster wrote:
Wow. They're old.

Best post ever.
Agreed. My dad uses this phrase all the time. I thought it fit.

GUS

Post by GUS » September 18th, 2016, 11:36 am

bleu wrote:
Jjoey52 wrote:Under normal conditions, I think USU would have taken a knee those last few seconds. Scoring that last TD was the Aggies way of payback.

I was so so SO glad that they punched it in there at the end. The players deserved that one, and ASU deserved to give that one up.
At that point in the game, the Aggies needed to score to make sure that the game couldn't be tied. I've always thought that unless you are over three scores ahead, the offense needs to keep trying to score.

bleu

Post by bleu » September 18th, 2016, 11:37 am

GUS wrote:
bleu wrote:

At that point in the game, the Aggies needed to score to make sure that the game couldn't be tied. I've always thought that unless you are over three scores ahead, the offense needs to keep trying to score.
Well, they had a first down on the goal line with under a minute left if I remember correctly. They could have won by just taking a knee, but I think they wanted to make a statement.

sneed

Post by sneed » September 18th, 2016, 2:53 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
Amen to that. I literally thought several times during the game, "wow, these guys are even worse than BYU" -- and that's saying something. They played past the whistle almost every play. The first unsportsmanlike call against the Ags was in retaliation for a cheap/dirty shot taken nearly 3-4 seconds after the play was over. The idiot ref appeared to be looking right at them when it happened, but he only threw the flag when the Ags retaliated. The gang huddle they did around Rodriguez after every fair catch was comically over-the-top. I found myself thinking that the coach must be a total a** to not only allow that crap, but it seems clearly to be part of the way the team is coached -- because it happened after nearly every single play. Huge props to the Ags for not letting it result in anything stupid.
BYU is just better at being a dirty team. They have a lot of years of practice. They do way more but closer to the whistle so less flags.

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » September 18th, 2016, 9:46 pm

Elkaggie wrote:
AgMac wrote:
BearLakeMonster wrote:
Wow. They're old.

Best post ever.
Agreed. My dad uses this phrase all the time. I thought it fit.
He's probably saying prima donna (a very temperamental person with an inflated view of their own talent or importance) though not pre-madonna (before Madonna).

posted via telepathy

Locked Previous topicNext topic