Jordan freaking Love!

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

Re: Jordan freaking Love!

Post by GameFAQSAggie » January 14th, 2024, 7:36 pm

trevordude wrote:
January 14th, 2024, 6:54 pm
Obviously Love has had a chance to practice with an NFL team for several years now, but how did Wells and Anderson not get more out of his talent?

Could say the same thing for Josh Allen.

Guess it's a team sport
I thought Wells did a good job maximizing his talent. We saw in year 2 how Gary wasn't the same person he was 10 years earlier, as it should have been obvious after his Oregon State stint, and it was Jordan that was able to mask that his first year.
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post:
bigblue32

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » January 14th, 2024, 7:38 pm

trevordude wrote:
Obviously Love has had a chance to practice with an NFL team for several years now, but how did Wells and Anderson not get more out of his talent?

Guess it's a team sport
Not quite sure what you are talking about. Matt Wells got something like 10 million out of Love and he didn’t even have to work for the last half of it. I’d say he came out OK.
These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post (total 2):
Harchertrevordude

Bigger_Blue_Aggie

Post by Bigger_Blue_Aggie » January 14th, 2024, 7:45 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sixteen game home winning streak snapped! I love seeing a pissed Jerry Jones lol. Love always prevails!
These users thanked the author Bigger_Blue_Aggie for the post:
AGinNEIowa

pilotaggie

Post by pilotaggie » January 14th, 2024, 8:22 pm

Aggie4L1fe wrote:
January 14th, 2024, 5:08 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Aggie4L1fe wrote:
January 14th, 2024, 5:06 pm
The real question is… Who would you take Zach Wilson or Jordan Love? Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was told for two years the clear choice was Wilson
I bet their tone has changed now.

No way. It would be something along the lines of years ago Wilson was clearly better. Love has since had opportunities to learn from a great QB. Given the same opportunity Wilson would be on his way to the hall of fame and probably would have won the starting job over Rodgers last season.
These users thanked the author pilotaggie for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

Harcher

Post by Harcher » January 14th, 2024, 8:40 pm

pilotaggie wrote:
January 14th, 2024, 8:22 pm
Aggie4L1fe wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Aggie4L1fe wrote:

No way. It would be something along the lines of years ago Wilson was clearly better. Love has since had opportunities to learn from a great QB. Given the same opportunity Wilson would be on his way to the hall of fame and probably would have won the starting job over Rodgers last season.
Technically, he took 1st ballot HOFer Rogers spot this year, so one could make that claim this year….

Regarding JLove, I like to watch any player, in any sport make plays, as all is sports fans do, but I’m ecstatic when it is my team/player that does them. Jordan side arm throws give me joy. And his “avoiding the pressure, leaning backward ‘toss’ 30 yards to back of end zone with ball placed over the shoulder of receiver in tight coverage throws” also made me leap out of my seat today.

He looks great.

NowhereLandAggie

Post by NowhereLandAggie » January 14th, 2024, 9:48 pm

pilotaggie wrote:
January 14th, 2024, 8:22 pm
Aggie4L1fe wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Aggie4L1fe wrote:

KSL's top sports story is Jordan Love's performance.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50844789/lo ... ason-debut
These users thanked the author NowhereLandAggie for the post (total 3):
USU78flying_scotsman2.0FL350Aggie

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » January 14th, 2024, 11:11 pm

Jordan Love sitting behind Aaron Rodgers is the best thing that ever could have happened to him. It allowed him to build an NFL while learning from one of the best.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » January 14th, 2024, 11:42 pm

trevordude wrote:

Guess it's a team sport
Loves 2018 season was one of the best I’ve ever witnessed personally. He put up all his stats in basically half or 2/3 of the actual quarters since we had so many blowouts. He did falter a little towards the end in the cold weather games but at his best he was pretty amazing. His OK 2019 was a product of terrible OL play and poor play calling

Hoot

Post by Hoot » January 14th, 2024, 11:44 pm

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
January 14th, 2024, 11:42 pm
trevordude wrote:

Guess it's a team sport
Loves 2018 season was one of the best I’ve ever witnessed personally. He put up all his stats in basically half or 2/3 of the actual quarters since we had so many blowouts. He did falter a little towards the end in the cold weather games but at his best he was pretty amazing. His OK 2019 was a product of terrible OL play and poor play calling
He said after 2019 that he tried too hard to play hero ball which was easy to see during the season.
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post (total 2):
FloridaAggie13bigblue32

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » January 15th, 2024, 12:04 am

trevordude wrote:

Guess it's a team sport
Wells got one of the best years in school history and an all time prolific offense out of him.

Gary, not so much.
These users thanked the author Intermeddler for the post (total 2):
FloridaAggie13bigblue32

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » January 15th, 2024, 12:12 am

Hoot wrote:
January 14th, 2024, 11:44 pm
MetsJetsAggies wrote:
January 14th, 2024, 11:42 pm
trevordude wrote:

Guess it's a team sport
He said after 2019 that he tried too hard to play hero ball which was easy to see during the season.
A poor starting WR group didn't help him either. Most NFL scouts gave him a pass because they knew how bad that group was.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » January 15th, 2024, 1:16 am

trevordude wrote:

Guess it's a team sport
Wells named him the starter toward the end of his Freshman year in 2017. As a sophomore in 2018, he threw 30+ td passes / 3,000 yards while losing only two games and ending the season in the top 20. In 2019, the roster turned over and he had basically one competent WR in Mariner and with a HC who never fully checked back into the job, so to speak.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
Imakeitrain

Bullnamed_gus

Post by Bullnamed_gus » January 15th, 2024, 5:52 am

trevordude wrote:

Guess it's a team sport
In Jordan was pretty damn good. We were really good with Jordan too.

We beat Boise we’re in a NY6 game in his Sophmore Year.

His Junior year we didn’t really have a great roster. And Sanford was an awful OC. We had Jaylen Warren and Jordan love and won 7 games. The defense wasn’t great either.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » January 15th, 2024, 8:46 am

I get the feeling that a lot of the implosion that happened in 2020 would have occurred in 2019 but for Jordan.

Certainly thank heavens Jordan left for the draft instead of sticking around for that.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » January 15th, 2024, 8:52 am

I'm happy for Love. He is doing great things. I like to hear that he is being a good leader and not letting it all go to his head. That was a great win by the Packers.

Nacua did have a really good game as well. 9 receptions for like 180ish yards and a TD.

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » January 15th, 2024, 2:46 pm

There is only one sports broadcaster that gives us coverage and is excited pretty much by our success ……. And that is Steve Brown. He is the most fair among all the rest. That over-the-top little guy Brown works with wears me out in 10 seconds and is also a Ute/Byu freak. Brown is the one I go to…..on Chanel 4.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » January 15th, 2024, 4:17 pm

mcaggie1 wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 2:46 pm
There is only one sports broadcaster that gives us coverage and is excited pretty much by our success ……. And that is Steve Brown. He is the most fair among all the rest. That over-the-top little guy Brown works with wears me out in 10 seconds and is also a Ute/Byu freak. Brown is the one I go to…..on Chanel 4.
Brownie's an old Aggie.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » January 15th, 2024, 5:57 pm

USU78 wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 4:17 pm
mcaggie1 wrote:
Brownie's an old Aggie.
Yes Brown is an old Aggie….and I am an old idiot. I had Brown on my mind when I sent my message, but my mind didn’t have the right name of the guy I was talking about, and that would be Westley Ruff. He is the guy on channel 4 that does the best job covering USU sports. He is not perfect, but I feel he is more fair than the rest of the other channels….KSL being the worst. Sorry for the mixup.
These users thanked the author mcaggie1 for the post (total 2):
USU78FloridaAggie13

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » January 15th, 2024, 6:04 pm

mcaggie1 wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 5:57 pm
USU78 wrote:
mcaggie1 wrote:
Brownie's an old Aggie.
Yes Brown is an old Aggie….and I am an old idiot. I had Brown on my mind when I sent my message, but my mind didn’t have the right name of the guy I was talking about, and that would be Westley Ruff. He is the guy on channel 4 that does the best job covering USU sports. He is not perfect, but I feel he is more fair than the rest of the other channels….KSL being the worst. Sorry for the mixup.
I haven't lived in Itah or watched local Utah news in nearly 20 years. It's Rod Zundel still working for KSL? I think he was an old Box Elder County boy, wasn't he?

Eutaw St. Aggie

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » January 15th, 2024, 6:59 pm

Yossarian wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 6:04 pm
mcaggie1 wrote:
January 15th, 2024, 5:57 pm
USU78 wrote:
mcaggie1 wrote:
Brownie's an old Aggie.
I haven't lived in Itah or watched local Utah news in nearly 20 years. It's Rod Zundel still working for KSL? I think he was an old Box Elder County boy, wasn't he?
BRHS, if memory serves

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

travelingagg

Post by travelingagg » January 15th, 2024, 10:43 pm

Jordan Nathan’s #27 Fan

Hoot

Post by Hoot » January 16th, 2024, 7:26 am

For any worried about Jordan Love’s head getting too big, allow me to share the following story:

Jordan Love and I were in the same Criminal Justice class as Freshmen. There were a few other football players in that class whose names I knew at the time but have since forgotten. I always sat on the back row and they sat on the second row from the back right in front of me. The class was basically a Zoom class that met in a classroom on campus.

One day we had some sort of activity that required using a pen. Jordan was not prepared and alas, his teammates had not a pen to spare. Hoot however, did have a pen to spare. So I offered it to him and he accepted it gratefully.

Now here’s the part that sets Jordan Love above the rest. When class was over, not only did he give the pen back, he also thanked me again.

Needless to say, I was completely unsurprised when he killed it as the starter.
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post (total 5):
dirtnsnowtrevordudeEngineeringAggiecdaAgFloridaAggie13

dirtnsnow

Post by dirtnsnow » January 16th, 2024, 8:31 am

Hoot wrote:
January 16th, 2024, 7:26 am
For any worried about Jordan Love’s head getting too big, allow me to share the following story:

Jordan Love and I were in the same Criminal Justice class as Freshmen. There were a few other football players in that class whose names I knew at the time but have since forgotten. I always sat on the back row and they sat on the second row from the back right in front of me. The class was basically a Zoom class that met in a classroom on campus.

One day we had some sort of activity that required using a pen. Jordan was not prepared and alas, his teammates had not a pen to spare. Hoot however, did have a pen to spare. So I offered it to him and he accepted it gratefully.

Now here’s the part that sets Jordan Love above the rest. When class was over, not only did he give the pen back, he also thanked me again.

You just can't coach that kind of character; it has to be innate.
These users thanked the author dirtnsnow for the post:
FloridaAggie13

Aggies All the Way!

Hoot

Post by Hoot » January 16th, 2024, 3:34 pm

dirtnsnow wrote:
January 16th, 2024, 8:31 am
Hoot wrote:

Columbi also returned pens. Jason Shelley did not but that was a Zoom class so you can’t hold that against him.

dirtnsnow

Post by dirtnsnow » January 16th, 2024, 3:41 pm

Hoot wrote:
January 16th, 2024, 3:34 pm
dirtnsnow wrote:
Hoot wrote:

Columbi also returned pens. Jason Shelley did not but that was a Zoom class so you can’t hold that against him.
But did he thank you?

Aggies All the Way!

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » January 16th, 2024, 4:29 pm

Did GA return his blue pointer?

Hoot

Post by Hoot » January 16th, 2024, 5:18 pm

dirtnsnow wrote:
January 16th, 2024, 3:41 pm
Hoot wrote:
dirtnsnow wrote:
Hoot wrote:

But did he thank you?
He borrowed from the girl who sat next to me and was incredibly awkward about it. I think he did thank her.

dirtnsnow

Post by dirtnsnow » January 16th, 2024, 6:00 pm

Hoot wrote:
January 16th, 2024, 5:18 pm
dirtnsnow wrote:
Hoot wrote:
dirtnsnow wrote:
Hoot wrote:

But did he thank you?
He borrowed from the girl who sat next to me and was incredibly awkward about it. I think he did thank her.
Indeed, we've had some high caliber quarterbacks.

Aggies All the Way!

Hoot

Post by Hoot » January 16th, 2024, 7:38 pm

dirtnsnow wrote:
January 16th, 2024, 6:00 pm
Hoot wrote:
January 16th, 2024, 5:18 pm
dirtnsnow wrote:
Hoot wrote:
dirtnsnow wrote:
Hoot wrote:

But did he thank you?
Indeed, we've had some high caliber quarterbacks.
I had a class with Peasley as well but we sat on opposite sides of a rather large classroom.

ChowderAggie

Post by ChowderAggie » January 17th, 2024, 9:21 am

Did y’all see the Jordan Love photo where he is 1/2 Utah State and 1/2 Green Bay?

Love it.
These users thanked the author ChowderAggie for the post (total 2):
NEAggiecval

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » January 17th, 2024, 10:45 am

ChowderAggie wrote:
January 17th, 2024, 9:21 am
Did y’all see the Jordan Love photo where he is 1/2 Utah State and 1/2 Green Bay?

Love it.
No, please post link

GarciaValdez

Post by GarciaValdez » January 17th, 2024, 11:26 am

These users thanked the author GarciaValdez for the post (total 3):
StuckiUSU78NowhereLandAggie

ChowderAggie

Post by ChowderAggie » January 17th, 2024, 2:35 pm

There is another one out there where the two university are split vertically. I’ll try and find it again.

cval

Post by cval » January 17th, 2024, 3:00 pm

GarciaValdez wrote:
January 17th, 2024, 11:26 am
That one is nice, but the other one is better.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » January 17th, 2024, 4:59 pm

These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post (total 5):
ChowderAggieEngineeringAggieNowhereLandAggiecvalUSU78

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic