Where did USUfans.com go?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AggieAthletics
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Where did USUfans.com go?

Post by AggieAthletics » September 19th, 2011, 2:43 pm

This is my worst nightmare! I keep typing in USUfans.com but it keeps taking me to a BYU message board!! Every freaking post is about BYU! :bangwall:

Myabe it's me, but for some reason the past week I have been thinking we play CSU next. A MWC team. A team it's critical we beat. A game that's critical to fill up Romney.

It's quite concerning that many many here don't think CSU is worth even talking about. I sure hope our team doesn't feel the same way, because CSU will come in here and hand our butts to us if we don't show up.

We're 1-1 with our only win against an FCS school that played us even for a half. All this talk of being ranked, winning out, winning the WAC is ridiculous, IMO. We've done NOTHING we haven't done the last few 4 win seasons. I think it's time to start taking things a bit more seriously, get your butts in Romney this Saturday and enough with the freaking obsession with BYU! Save it till next week......that's if we're not crying after a CSU loss because we were looking forward to BYU,,,,

End of Rant - and all IMO. :cheers:

ChicAggie

Re: Where did USUfans.com go?

Post by ChicAggie » September 19th, 2011, 2:56 pm

Amen to all of that, Double A.

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » September 19th, 2011, 3:03 pm

There are a few threads about the CSU game. I think your going to get threads about byu on a bye week that happens to coincide with the holy war.

Yensidr

Post by Yensidr » September 19th, 2011, 3:04 pm

We had a bye week. What else were we supposed to talk about?

Besides, if anything this board has been the anti-byu board!

AggieAthletics

Post by AggieAthletics » September 19th, 2011, 3:10 pm

AggieAthletics wrote:This is my worst nightmare! I keep typing in USUfans.com but it keeps taking me to a BYU message board!! Every freaking post is about BYU! :bangwall:

Myabe it's me, but for some reason the past week I have been thinking we play CSU next. A MWC team. A team it's critical we beat. A game that's critical to fill up Romney.

It's quite concerning that many many here don't think CSU is worth even talking about. I sure hope our team doesn't feel the same way, because CSU will come in here and hand our butts to us if we don't show up.

We're 1-1 with our only win against an FCS school that played us even for a half. All this talk of being ranked, winning out, winning the WAC is ridiculous, IMO. We've done NOTHING we haven't done the last few 4 win seasons. I think it's time to start taking things a bit more seriously, get your butts in Romney this Saturday and enough with the freaking obsession with BYU! Save it till next week......that's if we're not crying after a CSU loss because we were looking forward to BYU,,,,

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » September 19th, 2011, 3:18 pm

A ybu thread about too many ybu threads :headscratch:

:lol:

I hear you bro, but it will all be over soon, USU 77 ybu 0... oh wait that game is not for a few more weeks? :joking:

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

AggieAthletics

Post by AggieAthletics » September 19th, 2011, 3:26 pm

Well, my thread was more about being scared USUfans.com had been hacked, but point taken ViAggie. In fact, through the years and years I have probably commented on someone making a BYU thread about too many BYU threads.

It was just a rant....just my opinion, which we all get to have here. I guess at the core of my concern is this CSU game Saturday. For some reason, even though they are just not that good this year, as we appear to be doing well, I worry like no other we are going to blow it. Call it decades of being an Aggie football fan, I guess. I wish someone could convince me we WILL win this week, but I am not going to believe it until it shows up as a "W" on the stat sheet.

Full

Post by Full » September 19th, 2011, 3:57 pm

AggieAthletics wrote:I worry like no other we are going to blow it. Call it decades of being an Aggie football fan, I guess. I wish someone could convince me we WILL win this week, but I am not going to believe it until it shows up as a "W" on the stat sheet.
Didn't the Auburn game show you what happens when you get your hopes up..... to soon?

Actually I think that game is the reason the team isn't overlooking CSU. That loss stung, and they know they can win. They know this is a FBS team, and that means they can not overlook them. Most fans watch the Aggie team and cross their fingers and think I hope they don't blow it. I hope what I am seeing is real. Please, please, please win the next game.

At the same time we think about winning the lottery, becoming the next Boise State, having a 12-1 season, and beating the Why? for two years in a row. Some of us worry about being too excited after being optimistic about a tourney win or a six win season.

coolag

Post by coolag » September 19th, 2011, 4:05 pm

AggieAthletics wrote:This is my worst nightmare! I keep typing in USUfans.com but it keeps taking me to a BYU message board!! Every freaking post is about BYU! :bangwall:

+1,000,000 I am so sick of BYU thread after BYU thead after etc. etc. Yeah I know, if you don't wan't to see it, don't read it blah blah blah. Sorry folks but this game against CSU is ten times more important for this team than the BYU game! We win this game decisively then we start rollin'. :rock: :cheers: :rock: :cheers: Go Aggies!

Regulator of Class

AgTime

Post by AgTime » September 19th, 2011, 4:09 pm

+1

The Y-obsessed hysteria is beyond control.

ChiCityAggie

Post by ChiCityAggie » September 19th, 2011, 6:38 pm

I'll take a hit for some of the BYU talk..I've just stumbled upon too much to make fun of and I thought some of y'all would also enjoy what I had found. My apologies.

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » September 19th, 2011, 6:47 pm

The majority of the BYU related threads are clearly marked. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM, DON'T LOOK AT THEM! (Sorry for yelling)

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

AggieAthletics

Post by AggieAthletics » September 19th, 2011, 7:02 pm

IT'S HARD NOT TO LOOK AT THEM WHEN "BYU" IS IN THE HEADLINE OF EVERY OTHER POST!!!! :crazy: Sorry for yelling back.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » September 19th, 2011, 7:33 pm

Simple solution: Start CSU threads. I'm sure people would post in them as well.

AgMac

Post by AgMac » September 19th, 2011, 8:55 pm

AggieAthletics wrote:IT'S HARD NOT TO LOOK AT THEM WHEN "BYU" IS IN THE HEADLINE OF EVERY OTHER POST!!!! :crazy: Sorry for yelling back.
Ha ha. As if AA has a quota of threads he must read per day and once the byu threads outnumber other threads it is logistically impossible for him not to open one.

AggieAthletics

Post by AggieAthletics » September 19th, 2011, 9:09 pm

AgMac wrote:
AggieAthletics wrote:IT'S HARD NOT TO LOOK AT THEM WHEN "BYU" IS IN THE HEADLINE OF EVERY OTHER POST!!!! :crazy: Sorry for yelling back.
Ha ha. As if AA has a quota of threads he must read per day and once the byu threads outnumber other threads it is logistically impossible for him not to open one.

You make no sense at all, but thanks for the personal shot. "Ha ha". Send a message to my inbox if you want to get personal. IMO, every BYU thread should be moved to the sandbox where they belong. Until next week, then have at it for a week. Is it any wonder why BYU calls us little brother? Maybe we should stop acting like one.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » September 19th, 2011, 9:14 pm

How are you not allowed to make fun of your rival on a sports message board without being called a little brother? By that logic every team in the nation is a "little brother".

AgMac

Post by AgMac » September 19th, 2011, 9:27 pm

If you took that as a personal shot, AA, then it must not have made sense to you.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » September 19th, 2011, 9:31 pm

AggieAthletics wrote:
AgMac wrote:

You make no sense at all, but thanks for the personal shot. "Ha ha". Send a message to my inbox if you want to get personal. IMO, every BYU thread should be moved to the sandbox where they belong. Until next week, then have at it for a week. Is it any wonder why BYU calls us little brother? Maybe we should stop acting like one.
Yeah, I don't think that was personal, but kind of weird.

I think agmac thought you must read X number of posts as an admin, so he was saying for you to reach that X number of posts, you would inevitably have to read some byu topics to reach that.

AggieAthletics

Post by AggieAthletics » September 19th, 2011, 9:36 pm

Well I have said a thousand times I am not an admin. Fact is I don't moderate anything. I am asking right now for Aglicious to remove me as a moderator. I don't moderate a thing anyway. It's pointless. Then maybe people won't go after me as much. So Aglicious....please remove me from being a moderator. Thanks for asking me in the first place. This place rocks. When it's not pretending to be cougarboard.....

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » September 19th, 2011, 9:45 pm

I really don't want to see you go as a moderator AA and I won't be the one that removes you from that position. You have been a valuable contributor on here and on the Scout board as well. People need to understand the difference between moderators and admins and for some reason, a lot of people don't get it.

ChowderAggie

Post by ChowderAggie » September 19th, 2011, 9:47 pm

AggieAthletics wrote:
It's quite concerning that many many here.....

Many Many Here?..........Are you kidding?

We have 18 registered users online (a pretty good night). Idaho currently has 143.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » September 19th, 2011, 9:48 pm

I second what Provo said. I don't know why people give you a hard time on here. You're a good man and a great Aggie in my book!

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » September 19th, 2011, 9:50 pm

ChowderAggie wrote:
AggieAthletics wrote:

We have 18 registered users online (a pretty good night). Idaho currently has 143.
Come on man, it was a typo.

Crazy that Idaho has that many users online though...

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » September 19th, 2011, 9:56 pm

ChowderAggie wrote:
AggieAthletics wrote:

I'm showing that we have 67 users online right now and we don't necessarily measure them the same. If I remember right, Scout counts anyone that's been active in the last 15 minutes while we only count 5 minutes.

AggieAthletics

Post by AggieAthletics » September 19th, 2011, 9:57 pm

Thanks ProvoAggie and Treesap, but really I made my contributions back when the Scout board first started....(man 10 years ago now?)....when rAggie brought me on board to help. Believe it or not I even wrote code back then! Couldn't do it anymore. In all seriousness, I really do nothing and haven't for quite some time as a moderator here and frankly am tired of people disagreeing with me, and then adding on..."and you're and Admin/Moderator?!?!?" Not worth it for me during this time of my life. So please .... remove that status so I can let all these @#$*(&@# know how I really feel!!!! ;) Go Aggies! Fill Romney!

PS, I'll take all the shots Chowder wants to give me after he hooked me up with seats behind the NMSU bench during last year's basketball game......He's a good egg.

AgTime

Post by AgTime » September 19th, 2011, 10:00 pm

AggieAthletics wrote:Well I have said a thousand times I am not an admin. Fact is I don't moderate anything. I am asking right now for Aglicious to remove me as a moderator. I don't moderate a thing anyway. It's pointless. Then maybe people won't go after me as much. So Aglicious....please remove me from being a moderator. Thanks for asking me in the first place. This place rocks. When it's not pretending to be cougarboard.....
Again, amen to this. It is absolutely remarkable how many BYU threads exist on this THE USU MESSAGE BOARD. And simply to say "just don't read them" is completely missing the point. This is not cougarboard. You guys who start most if these threads clearly know how to get to that board (the number of links to that site from this site alone is nauseating). Go over there and post away. Unless we're playing them (as in our NEXT opponent), I'd really prefer not to have our Aggie message board trashed with Cougar this and that. Not that I expect anything will change...some of you just seem not to be able to help yourselves.

ChowderAggie

Post by ChowderAggie » September 19th, 2011, 10:16 pm

AggieAthletics wrote:
PS, I'll take all the shots Chowder wants to give me after he hooked me up with seats behind the NMSU bench during last year's basketball game......He's a good egg.
Made me laugh...I just looked through my cell phone and sure enough - "Aggie Sports" is still at the top of my contacts list.

:cheers:

Locked Previous topicNext topic