Anybody else done now?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AggieMan5

Anybody else done now?

Post by AggieMan5 » October 22nd, 2011, 4:09 pm

What a shame!

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Re: Anybody else done now?

Post by QuackAttackAggie » October 22nd, 2011, 4:10 pm

nope.

ACCAggie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ACCAggie » October 22nd, 2011, 4:12 pm

Yep I can't take this team anymore. We will see what they have next season...again!

aggieblood

Post by aggieblood » October 22nd, 2011, 4:19 pm

I am done until Baldwin is gone! I run a high school offense, and I could call a better game than this moron! I can't handle his offensive style any longer.

Go Aggies!

72AgGrad
RIP

Post by 72AgGrad » October 22nd, 2011, 4:48 pm

Meaning no disrespect, and expressing no respect for Baldwin, why don't you apply for the job?

Machismo

Post by Machismo » October 22nd, 2011, 4:54 pm

Nope.. Just disappointed in the O Line play, horizontal crap passing, running plays to the short side of the Field all the Time and taking Turbin out of the Game way to often.

NAggsty Butler

Post by NAggsty Butler » October 22nd, 2011, 5:00 pm

I'm pissed and disappointed, but this is Wagner's last season and possibly Turbo's. No way I stop going to games while they are still around. I love the Aggies too darned much.

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

aggieblood

Post by aggieblood » October 22nd, 2011, 5:11 pm

I guess we just need to drink a milk shake and get on with our lives.

Go Aggies!

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » October 22nd, 2011, 5:12 pm

NAggsty Butler wrote:I'm pissed and disappointed, but this is Wagner's last season and possibly Turbo's. No way I stop going to games while they are still around. I love the Aggies too darned much.
My guess is Turbin goes if Baldwin stays.

GoldenHurricAGG

Post by GoldenHurricAGG » October 22nd, 2011, 5:16 pm

I'm not done - and never will be - but I can't blame those that are. Our football team doesn't deserve a solid fan base - especially in this weak economic market, filled with seemingly rational buyers.

"In the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

TrueBlueFan

Post by TrueBlueFan » October 22nd, 2011, 5:19 pm

SAD TO SAY BUT.....yes. :(

Go Grizzlies, Jazz, Real SL, Seahawks, USA! Go Aggies!

UtahStizzle

Post by UtahStizzle » October 22nd, 2011, 5:33 pm

I'm not done. I'll still watch the games and support the team. I'm just not excited about it anymore this season.

Twitter: UtahStizzle

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » October 22nd, 2011, 6:15 pm

I will never be done.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

BadElbow

Post by BadElbow » October 22nd, 2011, 6:15 pm

UtahStizzle wrote:I'm not done. I'll still watch the games and support the team. I'm just not excited about it anymore this season.
That's how I feel as well. All excitement is now gone. Now when I watch I wont be surprised when Turbin doesn't touch the ball in the 4th, CK gets another screen pass tipped, or when our special teams muffs something up.

And if they rise and surpass my now lowered expectations, great. My bro in law and fellow aggie always says "Skeptic until they prove me wrong". That's the stance I now take.

troutputz
RIP

Post by troutputz » October 22nd, 2011, 6:20 pm

Sizzle you summed it up for all of us I think. Even my son said about the same thing you did right after the game as we watched it at my Daughter-in-laws grandparents during my grandsons 1st birthday. the birthday was a alot more of a pleasant experience!

UtahStizzle wrote:
I'm not done. I'll still watch the games and support the team. I'm just not excited about it anymore this season
Last edited by troutputz on October 22nd, 2011, 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dogie

Post by dogie » October 22nd, 2011, 6:21 pm

72AgGrad wrote:Meaning no disrespect, and expressing no respect for Baldwin, why don't you apply for the job?
I'm not going to add my opinion of Baldwin. However, defending a coach by telling a critic that he couldn't do any better isn't much of a defense. The last half dozen or so times I have seen this argument made on this board, the coach in question really is on the way out. Now, the defense of Bladwin has also devolved to this level. We'll see if this pattern holds.

USUinventedswagger

Post by USUinventedswagger » October 22nd, 2011, 6:23 pm

Why would I be done? I'm an Aggie fan. As long as I'm alive and there are USU games I will support the team. Another tough loss, but being 2-5 is pretty common for USU and I haven't given up in the past. I'm always there at the last home game, the same as the first. I still love the direction of the program.

The limitation of tyrants is the endurance of those they oppose. – Frederick Douglass

MarioWest

Post by MarioWest » October 22nd, 2011, 6:25 pm

I didn't quit on the Hawks during their 13-69 season. I won't give up on this Aggie team, either.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » October 22nd, 2011, 6:29 pm

Not done, but again, just not excited. Unfortunately, I think we'll have to wait through another coaching change and their 3-4 year plan before we have another season where we might "turn the corner."

USUinventedswagger

Post by USUinventedswagger » October 22nd, 2011, 6:33 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:Not done, but again, just not excited. Unfortunately, I think we'll have to wait through another coaching change and their 3-4 year plan before we have another season where we might "turn the corner."
Seriously? GA isn't getting fired. He will get at least 5 years like Dennehy. There is no way in hell they would fire him after this season, and USU doesn't have the money even if they wanted that.

The limitation of tyrants is the endurance of those they oppose. – Frederick Douglass

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » October 22nd, 2011, 9:02 pm

USUinventedswagger wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:Not done, but again, just not excited. Unfortunately, I think we'll have to wait through another coaching change and their 3-4 year plan before we have another season where we might "turn the corner."
Seriously? GA isn't getting fired. He will get at least 5 years like Dennehy. There is no way in hell they would fire him after this season, and USU doesn't have the money even if they wanted that.
I agree, he isn't getting fired. He may quit, but he's not getting fired. However, this year was absolutely crucial to turning the corner and it didn't happen. Recruiting is crucial and after this season he no longer has credibility when sitting in a HS kids front room and trying to convince the kid that the program is on the rise and he has the answer. The kid simply has to look at three horrible seasons and say, "...no thanks..." The next two years will be more of the same.

aggiefan444

Post by aggiefan444 » October 22nd, 2011, 9:55 pm

I"ll be there every time they take the field. With the same fired up mentality as the last game, hoping to get 1 more win.

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » October 22nd, 2011, 9:57 pm

I'm as codependent as aggiefan444. Can't help it I guess. My kid's will all go to USU, and I'll keep coming. I can't quit....I'm an Aggie!

BigBlueSteve

Post by BigBlueSteve » October 22nd, 2011, 10:44 pm

I'm not done, never will be. But the second bye week comes at an opportune time because I NEED IT!!

smfdaggie

Post by smfdaggie » October 22nd, 2011, 10:53 pm

Trying to find some humor to make it through a tough loss. So trueblueaggie IF in fact you are that, how can you quit on your team? Just thought the name and response didn't quite make sense. :headscratch:

As for me and my family we will be there no matter the outcome but I fully understand the people who have had enough as well. GO AGGIES :utah: :state:

TrueBigBlue

Post by TrueBigBlue » October 22nd, 2011, 11:17 pm

This True Blue will never be done. I am sure as he'll pissed off, though. Couldn't make it to the game because of work so I'm watching ESPN3 replay just shaking my head. This coaching staff and team is unbelievable-and not the good kind. I'll be here still in 2 weeks.

USUinventedswagger

Post by USUinventedswagger » October 22nd, 2011, 11:23 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
USUinventedswagger wrote:
I agree, he isn't getting fired. He may quit, but he's not getting fired. However, this year was absolutely crucial to turning the corner and it didn't happen. Recruiting is crucial and after this season he no longer has credibility when sitting in a HS kids front room and trying to convince the kid that the program is on the rise and he has the answer. The kid simply has to look at three horrible seasons and say, "...no thanks..." The next two years will be more of the same.
Actually we have a ton of good young talent. Moreso than we ever had with the previous 3 coaches. Top recruiting class in the Wac last year. A quarterback who is just a freshman and will only get better. The future is still bright for USU.

You are entitled to your opinion and history is on your side. Utah State has been absolutely awful for almost everyone on here's lifetime. I guess we will see who is right. I of course hope I'm right. Not because I care about being right, but because that will mean USU has a winning football program. I still believe we are heading in the right direction. Compare this to Brent Guy's 3rd season in 07. In February of 07 we had the worst recruiting class in the Wac. We followed it up by losing at home to a 2-10 unlv team, getting killed by Oklahoma, choking away a loss to San Jose State, and getting beatdown by Utah. This year in GA's 3rd season we had the top recruiting class in the Wac, and have been competitive in every game.

LKGates

Post by LKGates » October 22nd, 2011, 11:26 pm

Nope, I'm still with 'em. Those boys still deserve our support. I am beginning to wonder about the coaching, though.

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » October 22nd, 2011, 11:42 pm

@Swagger:

Where is this talent I keep hearing about?? I've heard this for three years now. Is this the talent that is LAST in all of college football with just one interception all year? Is this the talent that dropped three interceptions today, any of which could have turned the game around? Is this the talent that can't pass block and continually gets caught holding? Is this the talent that can't field a punt? Is this the talent that can't cover other teams receivers - the announcers today pointed out how wide open LA Tech's receivers were but the qb just wasn't accurate.

Finally, is this the talent that is 2-5?

Yeah, tons of young talent. Yep. Now that we are 2-5 in the third year of rebuilding can we count on more of this talent signing on next year? My guess is HS kids will throw the BS flag on GA over the next few months when he tries to sell him on how he is turning the program around. Kind of hard to do when you are 10-21 as the coach.

No, I'm not giving up on them either, 24 years and counting. But I'm a little tired of seeing the comparisons of "look at GA's third year vs Guy's third year..." How about comparing him to coaches that actually won instead?

USUinventedswagger

Post by USUinventedswagger » October 23rd, 2011, 12:00 am

FloridaAggie13 wrote:@Swagger:

Where is this talent I keep hearing about?? I've heard this for three years now. Is this the talent that is LAST in all of college football with just one interception all year? Is this the talent that dropped three interceptions today, any of which could have turned the game around? Is this the talent that can't pass block and continually gets caught holding? Is this the talent that can't field a punt? Is this the talent that can't cover other teams receivers - the announcers today pointed out how wide open LA Tech's receivers were but the qb just wasn't accurate.

Finally, is this the talent that is 2-5?

Yeah, tons of young talent. Yep. Now that we are 2-5 in the third year of rebuilding can we count on more of this talent signing on next year? My guess is HS kids will throw the BS flag on GA over the next few months when he tries to sell him on how he is turning the program around. Kind of hard to do when you are 10-21 as the coach.

No, I'm not giving up on them either, 24 years and counting. But I'm a little tired of seeing the comparisons of "look at GA's third year vs Guy's third year..." How about comparing him to coaches that actually won instead?
Compare him to a coach that has won? Well there hasn't exactly been many of those at USU since Snyder, and even he was mediocre. John L Smith was 16-18, and Weatherbie was 15-19.

As far as the young talent, look at Keeton, BoJay, and Hill for starters. As far as this upcoming class we will se how it goes in February. I think we can still have a good class if we finish strong.

Locked Previous topicNext topic