What games are you excited for next season?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ViAggie

What games are you excited for next season?

Post by ViAggie » January 3rd, 2012, 3:58 pm

Mine are:

Utah - home game vs a PAC 12 school. This game is winnable IMHO. Utah's "D" is stellar and will be a tough test. Our O-Line will be a force to be reconed with. Should be a good game.

@ CSU - Fort Collins is a cool town, looking forward to a road trip!

@ ybu - I see a revenge game brewing! Another winnable game against a good but not great ybu team.

@ LTU - I wont be there, but this will be the marquee game for the conference champ next year!

What are your's and why?

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Re: What games are you excited for next season?

Post by BigBlueDart » January 3rd, 2012, 4:26 pm

Hard to argue with your pics. I will be at the LaTech game, though.

AgSpaceCase

Post by AgSpaceCase » January 3rd, 2012, 4:41 pm

I would add SUU to that list in that it is the first game of the season and first chance to see what Wells will do with the offense and how much Chuckie has improved with the whole off season as the guy making the team his team.

"Due to budget cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off...."

AGGZILLA

Post by AGGZILLA » January 3rd, 2012, 5:12 pm

My top 5--

@ LT; if everything goes as expected, this will be for the WAC title next season

Utah; HUGE game. This is our best opportunity since '01 at beating UU. A win here could catapult us into the following week at Wisconsin (the possibility of back-to-back W's against BCS teams in consecutive weeks isn't too far-fetched, imo) and throughout the remaining schedule.

@ UTSA; conference game, great city and setting(Alamodome), UTSA already has a decent following, so it should be a raucous crowd...I'm already making plans to be in attendance for this one.

tie- @ CSU & @ BYU; The losses to the Rams and Cougs were painful. I'm hoping we exact some sweet revenge on both teams.

SUU; we finally get a home game as the first game of the season, which hasn't happened since '07. 241 days away is a depressing thought, but I'm counting each one down anxiously until the return of Aggie gridiron.

"They got up to get excited... then they displayed all 5 stages of grief."
- Dallin

JasonJensen
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by JasonJensen » January 3rd, 2012, 5:49 pm

There should be a lot of fun games next season, but nothing comes close in my opinion to having the Utes come to a legit sold out Romney stadium with a kickoff temperature of 76 degrees.

AggieSports
RIP

Post by AggieSports » January 3rd, 2012, 9:18 pm

My really favs.....I agree with ViAg 100%. But damn! Am I the only one excited for every single game next season???

IMO

nismo1616

Post by nismo1616 » January 3rd, 2012, 10:52 pm

I'm very excited to finally see them play against Utah again, especially at home! Maybe I'm behind but could somebody tell me why we are playing at Lavell Edwards stadium again next season and not back in Romney?

AgSpaceCase

Post by AgSpaceCase » January 3rd, 2012, 10:57 pm

To me the best thing about the Utah game is that we get then early when they have quarterback issues. Wynn looked terrible coming back from last year and i don't see him much better early on. Hayes is just not a D1 caliber QB and the other options are freshmen. Utah will be run heavy until the QB proves he can make an impact and I don't see that happening for at least a couple games. Utah will be one dimensional. With the spread run by Chuckie we should have options on top of options. Don't think they can stop us totally and with just a run game and not developed pass game they will be stoppable.

"Due to budget cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off...."

satireag

Post by satireag » January 4th, 2012, 12:00 am

[quote="nismo1616"]I'm very excited to finally see them play against Utah again, especially at home! Maybe I'm behind but could somebody tell me whey we are playing at Lavell Edwards stadium again next season and not back in Romney?[/quote="nismo1616]

Did you forget this already?

The reason is money!

When USU plays UofU at Rice Eccles, UofU splits the gate receipts half and half.
When USU plays YBu at Lavell Edwards, they selfishly keep more than their fair share.

UtahStizzle

Post by UtahStizzle » January 4th, 2012, 7:19 am

It's football. You only play once per week at most. There's only 12 games in a year. So I'm excited for every single one :)

Twitter: UtahStizzle

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » January 4th, 2012, 11:44 am

UtahStizzle wrote:It's football. You only play once per week at most. There's only 12 games in a year. So I'm excited for every single one :)
I'm also excited for UNLV if it's away (not sure?). That's a fun road trip. If so I'm looking forward to Fort Collins and Las Vegas! I probably wont go to the ybu game though. I hate that place/refuse to give them my money!

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

mchild82

Post by mchild82 » January 4th, 2012, 12:34 pm

UtahStizzle wrote:It's football. You only play once per week at most. There's only 12 games in a year. So I'm excited for every single one :)
+1 Million

I can't wait for every game! Go Aggies!!

sammyhagar

Post by sammyhagar » January 4th, 2012, 3:31 pm

spring ball, thats the next time i get my aggie football fix..

Blue Away

Post by Blue Away » January 4th, 2012, 5:32 pm

sammyhagar wrote:spring ball, thats the next time i get my aggie football fix..
I wonder if we can draw five or ten K for the spring game. How cool would that be to have a real spring party on 8th East?

Locked Previous topicNext topic