Game Planning

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AgTime

Game Planning

Post by AgTime » August 19th, 2013, 12:47 pm

Just a quick question for those of you much more astute football watchers than I...

How do you expect MW to fare vs. GA when it comes to game planning and in-game adjustments? It seems we were either blowing teams out or absolutely in the game in the 4th under Gary. How does Matt do?

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Re: Game Planning

Post by QuackAttackAggie » August 19th, 2013, 12:49 pm

AgTime wrote:Just a quick question for those of you much more astute football watchers than I...

How do you expect MW to fare vs. GA when it comes to game planning and in-game adjustments? It seems we were either blowing teams out or absolutely in the game in the 4th under Gary. How does Matt do?
Impossible to tell right now. He seems obsessive and energetic, just like gary. But nobody can know for sure right now.

LKGates

Post by LKGates » August 19th, 2013, 1:48 pm

GA is a great coach, but I sometimes wondered about his time management toward the end of a few games. Being a former quarterback, I think MW is a little more attuned to that sort of thing. We'll see.

Go AGGIES!

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » August 19th, 2013, 3:01 pm

AgTime wrote:Just a quick question for those of you much more astute football watchers than I...

This my biggest worry only because there really is no way to gauge this. Let's hope our playmakers compensate for the in-game coaching learning curve.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

aggieaggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by aggieaggie » August 19th, 2013, 3:16 pm

Neither one of them were better at managing a game then Brent Guy.

I'll never forget Brent Guy's brilliance at the end of one first half, where we were on the 5 yard line read to score, he called a timeout, messed up the formation, called another time out, then kicked field goal and missed. I don't think I got that right. Maybe someone else remembers?

Maybe a lot of those in game adjustments under GA came from the assistance coaches, so maybe MW is tuned into that more than we might think.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » August 19th, 2013, 3:33 pm

Baldwin called a timeout when we were trailing at the end of the third with like two seconds left instead of letting the quarter just end. Then Morrison threw a td pass lol

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » August 19th, 2013, 3:41 pm

I like the points about MW being a former QB so he may be a little better at time management. That could be true. I don't think GA was fantastic at the in-game management, but he was decent. I think we will be just fine but will be interesting to watch it all unfold.

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » August 19th, 2013, 3:43 pm

For game prep, before the game, Gary was really, really good. For time management and in-game adjustments I felt that he was just okay.

AgTime

Post by AgTime » August 19th, 2013, 4:12 pm

brownjeans wrote:For game prep, before the game, Gary was really, really good. For time management and in-game adjustments I felt that he was just okay.
I would agree with this. It seemed GA always had a solid game plan to keep us competitive, no matter the opponent or venue. It didn't feel like he needed to adjust much, as we were typically right there throughout the contest (though there were times when I felt he let games get away down the stretch). I am hoping we don't see a drop off in game day strategy with MW.

Locked Previous topicNext topic