USA Today Full NCAA Rankings

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
brownjeans
Flatulent

Re: USA Today Full NCAA Rankings

Post by brownjeans » November 10th, 2014, 1:01 pm

Sad thing for BYU is that they don't really have a rival anymore, Utah has moved on to the PAC12 and dominates BYU in all recent games. BYU is beneath them, in their rear view mirror. USU hates them, wants to beat them, but MWC games are more important. BYU has no conference and so they really have no rivals and play for virtually nothing every single year. BYU's lack of depth shows that they are on the decline. Soon those crappy backups will be starters and BYU will be terrible. They are dying and have little hope of competing with any decent D1 school in the future.

cval

Post by cval » November 10th, 2014, 2:10 pm

Would you guys PLEASE STOP FEEDING THIS TROLL?

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » November 10th, 2014, 2:13 pm

ErikCougar1 wrote:Utah ST at #34 is fall off the chair laughable. BYU at 53 is about right currently with Taysom done.

Nobody with a brain would say a 3 loss USU team is the 34th best team in the country.

I would say the little USU program is right around #67-#70 range
What would you have put BYU with Taysom? Because we were beating the Taysom team when he was in the game.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » November 10th, 2014, 2:15 pm

cval wrote:Would you guys PLEASE STOP FEEDING THIS TROLL?
But he is soooo hungry.

You're right. He's on my ignore list.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

Aggie_Pride50
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Aggie_Pride50 » November 10th, 2014, 2:24 pm

Wait I don't understand. If byu thinks Utah is a rival with the overall record being in utah's favor, 57-34, how do they justify us not being a rival with the overall record being 46-35? Just cu we haven't won too many games in recent history? If you go back before that, we dominated byu. I hate that argument. "We're not rivals to you cuz we've beaten you 11 more times than you have beaten us, but we are rivals with Utah who has beaten us almost 30 more times then we have beaten them."

Idiots.
Last edited by Aggie_Pride50 on November 10th, 2014, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » November 10th, 2014, 2:30 pm

Aggie_Pride50 wrote:Wait I don't understand. If byu thinks Utah is a rival with the overall record being in utah's favor, 57-29, how do they justify us not being a rival with the overall record being 46-35? Just cu we haven't won too many games in recent history? If you go back before that, we dominated byu. I hate that argument. "We're not rivals to you cuz we've beaten you 11 more times than you have beaten us, but we are rivals with Utah who has beaten us almost 30 more times then we have beaten them."

Idiots.
We have beaten byu twice since the last time they beat Utah. Over the last five games, usu-107, byu-100; Utah-138, byu-86.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » November 10th, 2014, 2:40 pm

ErikCougar1 wrote:Yes Utah dropped us. How did we do ? Well im not that blue-goggled. Utah would've beaten BYU by 3 TDs.
If Taysom were healthy, maybe a 10 pt win for Utah. Crazy good Defense
BYU has no pass rush, and a weak secondary. There is a reason Garretson & Sharp put up gawdy numbers on you, while our line that is mediocre at best made the BYU defense look like a High School team. If you get a healthy Hill then Utah gets a healthy Dres. We get a healthy Kyler, Chuckie, & Swindall. Every team has injuries, so cry me a river.

(Kristen) Stewart ;) wouldn't have the chance to throw against Utah's front 7, but even if you had Hill like you wanted Nate Orchard is phenomenal and Hill would be scrambling all day, just trying to avoid a sack.

If you played Utah this year, even with a healthy Taysom it likely would have been more like the 54-10 game than a 10 point swing. And no, BYU was never going to go to the playoffs even with Hill healthy.

hatescougars

Post by hatescougars » November 10th, 2014, 2:47 pm

ErikCougar1 wrote:swish- reading comprehension bro. learn it. I was talking about Utah. Not that little castoff program in logan that nobodys ever heard of.

Well people have heard of USU in basketball. Theyre the team that makes the NCAA tourney every few years and loses in the first round ever single time. Like 12 times in a row

No matter what you say, and how bad you degrade us, It really probably chaps your A$$ to know the we handed you your lunch on your own filed. Case close ! now STFU.

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » November 10th, 2014, 2:54 pm

Why do BYU fans think we care whether they consider us a rival or not?

Formerly TulsAGGIE

Tr0ll

USA Today Full NCAA Rankings

Post by Tr0ll » November 10th, 2014, 2:55 pm

It's hard to lay off this tool. I know. But look at his game. He's the SUU tune up game. Save your playbook for a real opponent.

aggiesdotcom

Post by aggiesdotcom » November 10th, 2014, 3:28 pm

It's fine with me if BYU fans can convince themselves they have no rival. Their program has already alienated itself to the lonely road of independence. We might as well let their fans realize what we already knew...that they have no friends and virtually nothing to play for each year. The recruits are starting to pick up on this as well.

AggieMeister

Post by AggieMeister » November 10th, 2014, 4:03 pm

aggiesdotcom wrote:It's fine with me if BYU fans can convince themselves they have no rival. Their program has already alienated itself to the lonely road of independence. We might as well let their fans realize what we already knew...that they have no friends and virtually nothing to play for each year. The recruits are starting to pick up on this as well.
This is an excellent point and one I hope is being used when recruiting players also considering BYU. As an independent, BYU has no rivalries and no conference championship to play for. What's more, no conferences are interested in adding BYU so there's no realistic expectation that's going to change anytime soon. Why would you want to play for BYU when, as soon as you lose your first game each season, all your team goals are shot and all you have to look forward to is a possible berth in what you perceive to be an inferior bowl game?

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » November 10th, 2014, 5:14 pm

ErikCougar1 wrote:Whats funny, ask any BYU fan anywhere if USU is a Rival of ours. NOBODY considers USU a rival. UTAH is our only Rival

USU is small little program that snuck up on BYU this year. Nice work. Frame your ticket stub boys. Biggest game in USU history
What defines a rival? Close games played annually against teams with either a historical or regional affiliation, passionate fan bases, a strong distaste for the other team and its fans. The past 5 games lend an argument to this because 4 of the last 5 games were either really close or a USU win.

The only reason strong BYU fans act as if they dont care about USU is to get under the skin of USU fans.
Last edited by Imakeitrain on November 10th, 2014, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » November 10th, 2014, 5:15 pm

LKGates wrote:
ErikCougar1 wrote:BYU still beat Texas and Virginia. Something a fully healthy USU team could only dream of doing.

USU has 3 losses !! LOL. Got Destroyed by 30 pts to the worst team in the SEC, lost to ARKANSAS ST ( a team you're more even with as a program and talent wise) and CSU.

USU is extremely lucky to scrape out some of these wins against the worst programs in America ( Hawaii, Wyoming, UNLV)

USU is the 70th best team in the country no question
...............and we beat you like a red haired step child.

Scoreboard. Idiot.

Ceterum censeo, Boise State delenda est!
Hold on there, I have two red-haired stepchildren and I don't beat them the way USU beat BYU.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » November 10th, 2014, 6:28 pm

This is the worst troll job ever.

Dwigt
Pick'em Champ - '20,'21 Weekly; '21 WTHCG

Post by Dwigt » November 10th, 2014, 11:02 pm

Anytime I see a troll come on here, this if the first thing I think of.
[youtube][/youtube]

Presumptuous and ill-informed.

AggieDude

Post by AggieDude » November 11th, 2014, 6:10 am

brownjeans wrote:
This is the worst troll job ever.
And yet this thread is well into its third page... :bangwall:

glendayle

Post by glendayle » November 11th, 2014, 9:28 am

ErikCougar1 wrote:
USU is extremely lucky to scrape out some of these wins against the worst programs in America ( Hawaii, Wyoming, UNLV)
BYU was lucky to scrape by Utah St.........um, sorry. NM
But they were lucky to scrape by South Florida. oh wait, did that game go to overtime? crap wrong again.
Well at least BYU could stop the bleeding with a win over Neva.......damnit.
At least they had a respectable game against BSU. whoops. I only watched the first quarter. Just checked the final score.

Well at least BYU scraped by Middle Tennesee state.

Maybe the'll get a win against UNLV. Looks like a 22 point spread. Don't blow your wad again Cougs.
Last edited by glendayle on November 13th, 2014, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » November 11th, 2014, 1:13 pm

glendayle wrote:
ErikCougar1 wrote:
BYU was lucky to scrape by Utah St.........um, sorry. NM
But they were lucky to scrape by South Florida. oh wait, did that game go to overtime? crap wrong again.
Well at least BYU could stop the bleeding with a win over Neva.......damnit.
At least they had a respectable game against BYU. whoops. I only watched the first quarter. Just checked the final score.

Well at least BYU scraped by Middle Tennesee state.

Maybe the'll get a win against UNLV. Looks like a 22 point spread. Don't blow your wad again Cougs.

Was that in their fall intrasquad scrimmage after which they declared their offense was the best ever because the defense could not stop them?

On a side note it was only a few years ago that BYU's defense was very good. They fell fast. Lets hope USU has the coaches and recruiting in place so that we do not see a dropoff like BYU did. I see our young players and feel confident for a few more years but you never know when it can turn. Point is, enjoy this defense while we have because we may never see it again.

aggiesdotcom

Post by aggiesdotcom » November 12th, 2014, 11:28 am

The only reason BYU doesn't have a 30 plus point loss at Tennessee is because it wasn't on their schedule. Similarly, the only reason you don't have a 30 point loss to USU is that it was played in Provo. Also, even without Hill in the 2nd half, USU only outscored BYU 7-6. Based on the scoreline before and after Hill threw a sloppy stiff arm on Suite, your team appeared to be better off without him.

CedarAg

Post by CedarAg » November 12th, 2014, 3:02 pm

ErikCougar1 wrote:BYU still beat Texas and Virginia. Something a fully healthy USU team could only dream of doing.

USU has 3 losses !! LOL. Got Destroyed by 30 pts to the worst team in the SEC, lost to ARKANSAS ST ( a team you're more even with as a program and talent wise) and CSU.

Yet we still managed to kick the crap out of you. So in your words we are 70th you then are in the bottom 10. Hell man you are 0-3 against MW teams soon to be 0-4. You would be 4th in the MW this year. Mix that up and put it in your purple cool-aid. :crazy:

Roll Aggies!!!!

Quelch

Post by Quelch » November 12th, 2014, 4:35 pm

Erik,

Sorry to see that you are still lost in you fantasy land. These losses must really hurt you and other Cougy's. At least you have basketball to look forward to. USU is a Football School, BYU is a Basketball School. It's just the way it is. Live with it.

WilliamDuVOL

Post by WilliamDuVOL » November 13th, 2014, 8:33 am

You know, I come here from time to time to contribute, congratulate, console, and in this case, condemn. You're a f***ing idiot. Do I think top 35 ranking for USU is a little high? With strength of schedule, yes. Regardless, which one of you is bowl eligible and which one of you beat the other this season? Let's face it, the Aggies' season is looking at a potential 10 or 11 win season maybe. You guys probably end up 7-5 and lose your bowl game. You beat a completely down 5-5 Texas team and a 4-6 UVA team. I'm gonna just go out on a limb here and say you have absolutely no room to talk seeing as USU is going to have a better record than you.

Oh and as for the worst team in the SEC comment? Maybe that's what really caught me, but you're still ignorant. I can feasibly see 3 games you'd be competitive in with our schedule. UT Chattanooga, Vandy, and ASU maybe. You'd maybe be a 2 win team here lol. UT is trending up and will likely finish the season 8-5 and 2nd or 3rd in the SEC East. You'd probably be 3-9 here and we'd probably beat you by 21+. We have a QB who just threw for 301 and rushed for 166 in 1 game, the 3rd SEC QB in 15 years to do so. You couldn't stop USU, and you couldn't stop us if you tried. So much for your "top 25" team lol.

paaron46

Post by paaron46 » November 13th, 2014, 8:42 am

WilliamDuVOL wrote:

You know, I come here from time to time to contribute, congratulate, console, and in this case, condemn. You're a f***ing idiot. Do I think top 35 ranking for USU is a little high? With strength of schedule, yes. Regardless, which one of you is bowl eligible and which one of you beat the other this season? Let's face it, the Aggies' season is looking at a potential 10 or 11 win season maybe. You guys probably end up 7-5 and lose your bowl game. You beat a completely down 5-5 Texas team and a 4-6 UVA team. I'm gonna just go out on a limb here and say you have absolutely no room to talk seeing as USU is going to have a better record than you.

Oh and as for the worst team in the SEC comment? Maybe that's what really caught me, but you're still ignorant. I can feasibly see 3 games you'd be competitive in with our schedule. UT Chattanooga, Vandy, and ASU maybe. You'd maybe be a 2 win team here lol. UT is trending up and will likely finish the season 8-5 and 2nd or 3rd in the SEC East. You'd probably be 3-9 here and we'd probably beat you by 21+. We have a QB who just threw for 301 and rushed for 166 in 1 game, the 3rd SEC QB in 15 years to do so. You couldn't stop USU, and you couldn't stop us if you tried. So much for your "top 25" team lol.

Twitter: @AaronPeck

glendayle

Post by glendayle » November 13th, 2014, 9:30 am

It's pretty par for course William.

BYU just had it's 30th consecutive preseason national championship. I can't expect kitten fans to not be excited about it. Besides, they are already getting ignored by Utah.

WilliamDuVOL

Post by WilliamDuVOL » November 13th, 2014, 10:15 am

glendayle wrote:It's pretty par for course William.

BYU just had it's 30th consecutive preseason national championship. I can't expect kitten fans to not be excited about it. Besides, they are already getting ignored by Utah.
Lol I definitely believe it. Oh and let me add a few more points to add insult to injury, the only reason BYU didn't slide into a continued 5 game losing streak is playing subpar competition in beating Middle Tennessee, and also I'd like to point out that when I said they'd be a 2 or 3 win team with our schedule, I didn't list USU as a team that would be a possible win for them with UTs schedule. I think we all know why.

glendayle

Post by glendayle » November 13th, 2014, 10:20 am

Save your breath. Logic left that fanbase decades ago.

Locked Previous topicNext topic