!#$@! Nebraska

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
hickaggie

!#$@! Nebraska

Post by hickaggie » September 5th, 2015, 5:27 pm

They blew that game at every level and now we have to endure the miserly Zoobs for another week. How do you let that happen against such a terrible team. Their defense doesn't appear to be big 10 level this year. And how hard is it for one of three guys to knock the ball down. They played Matthews and not the ball. Maybe they thought he was short of the endzone.
Last edited by hickaggie on September 5th, 2015, 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

72AgGrad
RIP

Re: !#$@! Nebraska

Post by 72AgGrad » September 5th, 2015, 5:31 pm

@#$% X5

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » September 5th, 2015, 5:35 pm

How many hail Marie's can these guys get?!

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » September 5th, 2015, 5:36 pm

On the bright side we don't have to hear all the Hill Heisman BS. On the other side we'll have to hear about their new QB. Luckily Boise will destroy them and end this travesty.

ChowderAggie

Post by ChowderAggie » September 5th, 2015, 5:37 pm

Ha ha, what a way for an 'elite' P5 team to lose.

Don't like BYU, but can't stand the BIG

AGGZILLA

Post by AGGZILLA » September 5th, 2015, 5:37 pm

Give them credit, that was a helluva play by Mathews, as it was sort of underthrown by Mangum. Horribly defended by Nebraska, and they burned TWO timeouts for that, lol.

"They got up to get excited... then they displayed all 5 stages of grief."
- Dallin

ChowderAggie

Post by ChowderAggie » September 5th, 2015, 5:39 pm

Dang, I love college football.

usublue20

Post by usublue20 » September 5th, 2015, 5:41 pm

They get the hail Marie's because they are "Gods team". They live more righteous then the rest of us sinners!!!

AGGZILLA

Post by AGGZILLA » September 5th, 2015, 5:42 pm

ChowderAggie wrote:Dang, I love college football.
Amen, brother

- Dallin

glendayle
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by glendayle » September 5th, 2015, 5:44 pm

hickaggie wrote:They blew that game at every level and now we have to endure the miserly Zoobs for another week. How do you let that happen against such a terrible team. Their defense doesn't appear to be big 10 level this year. And how hard is it for one of three guys to knock the ball down. They played Matthews and not the ball. Maybe they thought he was short of the endzone.
It's going to be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG week for USU on the sports radio scene this week. I sure hope we can figure some stuff out and have a good game against Utah. BYU and Utah both beat marque programs and we were embarrassed by SUU despite getting the win. Maybe I should just hide in a hole this week.

AGGZILLA

Post by AGGZILLA » September 5th, 2015, 5:48 pm

Taysom...broken foot... Out for the season.

- Dallin

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » September 5th, 2015, 5:49 pm

I HATE when teams only rush 3 against a hail mary. Let's the receivers get in position and the QB time to make a good throw.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » September 5th, 2015, 5:53 pm

AGGZILLA wrote:Taysom...broken foot... Out for the season.
That sucks for him. Wonder if he'll go for a hardship and BYU can have 2 preseason heisman winners. To be honest they were playing an awful D but that new kid wasn't bad. The Broncos are a different story however and they got to be licking their chops. Not as much as they will for our game but still... :)

TrueBigBlue

Post by TrueBigBlue » September 5th, 2015, 5:56 pm

The way the last month has gone for me (literally worst of my life), I fully expect byu to truck trucker U and keep on rolling and Chuckie to not finish the game against UU ending his career. Life of an Aggie.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » September 5th, 2015, 5:59 pm

Intermeddler wrote:I HATE when teams only rush 3 against a hail mary. Let's the receivers get in position and the QB time to make a good throw.
I hate it when they bring 3 against our offense too. It just seems unfair. BTW. Did anyone else see that cheap hit from the BYU safety in the first half. The ball was thrown well out of bounds on a long out to Nebraskas TE. The safety after watching it go out of bounds dove at the guys knees with his helmet and blew the guys knee out. No penalty was called but the announcers did everything short of calling it cheap and dirty.
Last edited by hickaggie on September 5th, 2015, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glendayle
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by glendayle » September 5th, 2015, 5:59 pm

TrueBigBlue wrote:The way the last month has gone for me (literally worst of my life), I fully expect byu to truck trucker U and keep on rolling and Chuckie to not finish the game against UU ending his career. Life of an Aggie.
Well, Tayson Hill is done for the season if that makes you feel any better. My guess is that he's done for good.

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » September 5th, 2015, 6:00 pm

hickaggie wrote:
Intermeddler wrote:I HATE when teams only rush 3 against a hail mary. Let's the receivers get in position and the QB time to make a good throw.
I hate it when they bring 3 against our offense too. It just seems unfair. BTW. Did anyone else see that cheap hit from the BYU safety in the first half. The ball was thrown well out of bounds on a long out to Nebraskas TE. The safety after watching it go out of bounds dove at the guys knees with his helmet and blew the guys knee out. No penalty was called but the announcers did everything short of calling it cheap and dirty.
Huh?

And yeah that was horribly dirty. Typical from BYU.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » September 5th, 2015, 6:02 pm

Intermeddler wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
Huh?

I was joking about how our line couldn't block a 3 man rush for 3 seconds against SUU.

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » September 5th, 2015, 6:03 pm

hickaggie wrote:
Intermeddler wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
Huh?

I was joking about how our line couldn't block a 3 man rush for 3 seconds against SUU.
I see. I thought as much but wasn't sure based on my post.

Yeah I think we could have handled a 2 man rush the other night. Probably. There is also a vine going around twitter of Kafusi (sp?) wrapping a leg and rolling it after the tackle.

AggieSkiBum

Post by AggieSkiBum » September 5th, 2015, 6:07 pm

Nebraska is gonna get murdered in their conference schedule and end the season lucky to make a bowl game. The cheers for the new zoob QB for heisman have already begun. That entire game was painful to watch. Wild party in Provo tonight! Pop some oxycontin, get a bowl of ice cream, and find some hot girl so you can have sex with her armpits and thighs! Party like a cougar! We just won the Super Bowl!

TrueBigBlue

Post by TrueBigBlue » September 5th, 2015, 6:07 pm

glendayle wrote:
TrueBigBlue wrote:The way the last month has gone for me (literally worst of my life), I fully expect byu to truck trucker U and keep on rolling and Chuckie to not finish the game against UU ending his career. Life of an Aggie.
Well, Tayson Hill is done for the season if that makes you feel any better. My guess is that he's done for good.
I feel really crappy for Taysom. He's less douchey than Rudy and sucks for someone of his capability to not play out his career

TrueBlue
Pick'em Champ - '13,'14,'15,'16 BB Predict The Score

Post by TrueBlue » September 5th, 2015, 6:10 pm

I'm at my town celebration right now, and the douchey grins on all these bedwetters wearing their BYU shirts is making me sick to my stomach.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

AGGZILLA

Post by AGGZILLA » September 5th, 2015, 6:11 pm

hickaggie wrote:
That sucks for him. Wonder if he'll go for a hardship and BYU can have 2 preseason heisman winners. To be honest they were playing an awful D but that new kid wasn't bad. The Broncos are a different story however and they got to be licking their chops. Not as much as they will for our game but still... :)
Honestly, I like their chances vs Boise at home next week. Meanwhile, the mike Riley tenure is not going to end well in Lincoln

- Dallin

JSHarvey

Post by JSHarvey » September 5th, 2015, 6:19 pm

TrueBlue wrote:. . . the douchey grins on all these bedwetters wearing their BYU shirts is making me sick to my stomach.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Gold. :notworthy:

"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » September 5th, 2015, 6:20 pm

TrueBigBlue wrote:
glendayle wrote:
I feel really crappy for Taysom. He's less douchey than Rudy and sucks for someone of his capability to not play out his career
I'm hearing it's the Lisfranc injury. Sucks bad for him.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » September 5th, 2015, 6:30 pm

AGGZILLA wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
Honestly, I like their chances vs Boise at home next week. Meanwhile, the mike Riley tenure is not going to end well in Lincoln
I don't think they have a chance. The loss of Hill was their last running threat and Boise's Secondary is far and away better than Nebraskas. They are going to have a field day pinning their ears back and bringing everyone and just relying on man coverage agaisnt the slow Y receivers. They'll have that Magnum guy more confused than Bruce Jenner.

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » September 5th, 2015, 7:29 pm

Guess he should have stayed out when he first hurt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » September 5th, 2015, 11:52 pm

Jjoey52 wrote:Guess he should have stayed out when he first hurt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is the same mistake we made with Fackrell last year.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » September 5th, 2015, 11:53 pm

Also, we have to admit that maybe the luck Mathews got this time makes up for how lucky we got last year when a pass was just off his fingertips, that he would have taken for a touchdown to go up 14-0.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » September 6th, 2015, 12:07 am

Matthews has been living right off the field b

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » September 6th, 2015, 12:56 am

Also, why did Nebraska even have a LINEBACKER in the endzone in that situation? You instead put the guys with the best hands there who are your defensive backs or even receivers, NOT your linebackers. Or you have the linebacker up rushing the passer instead of standing around in the endzone. And Nebraska should have learned how to defend a hail mary when they gave up one against South Carolina four years ago, at least from some fifth year seniors who were around for that, as well as knowing how to defend from when they completed one against Northwestern a few years ago.

And Bronco would know how it feels for Nebraska, from when he was at New Mexico and we completed a hail mary with no time left against them.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » September 6th, 2015, 1:35 am

So I've been out in mountains in my Jeep and just learned about this game on a national news website that had a clip of the final play.

In the comments section below some zoob writes: "Very nice. Hopefully it's the start of one of those seasons. But "Hail Mary" is not a term that Mormons would use. We're not Catholics."

Can't make this stuff up. Utterly clueless about the game of football.....

troutputz
RIP

Post by troutputz » September 6th, 2015, 1:48 am

I was really surprised when Nebraska hired Riley. I mean, weren't the Cornhusks 9-4 last year, so they fire their coach? You can see that Nebraska football expects 11 or 12 wins every year. with Riley they are not going to get it. I told my Zoobie brother-in-law at the time that Nebraska just did byu a favor by calling a time out.
Then Riley calls another time out. Unbelieveable, that is where Nebraska lost it. Hell, doesn't Riley have mostly all of his assistants from Oregon State that he brought with him? If you can't figure out what to do in this situation, they didn't derserve to win.(I went to Hurricane Peach days, my wife was in charge of her 45th class reunion. So From our house to Hurricane is 18 miles. She, and her fellow 1970 class mates rode on the float in the Peach days parade at 9:00 am. Then their dinner was at 5pm. I sat now are we going back home or what? She said I have things to do to get ready for tonight along with her committee members. I said what am I going to do for 6 hours? Thankful my brother-in-law invited me over to his house to watch football. That football of course was byu. I was grateful to get out of the heat but still should have went home and watched in my recliner.
Anyway here are some comments made by my brother-in-laws wife. Zoobie ones mind you. My brother-in- law as at least has shown restraint over the years because he knows how I feel about byu. His wife who is a good person but just doesn't have a clue remarked: The y won because Mathews and Mangum both are returned missionaries! We make these catches because our boys go to church more and are obedient! It was after the last comment I excused myself and thanked them for letting me watch some football. I then had to go to the Hurricane Maverick and get some Red Bull and Krispy Cremes, then I finally could breath again. I mean hell, I've been putting up with this byu zoobie crap for going on 40 years. Don't you blokes feel for me? Ican't imagine my wife's brother in Gilbert Arizona and his sons, what they are doing now. they are the sports people of the family. I actually like this brother, but his two twin boys are as nerdly, zoobie type, atypical as you will ever see. They have families of their own. Both are 38 and as annoying as you will ever see. They actually wouldn't speak to me after our Ags beat them last year in Provo. We went to a Hinton family gathering around Christmas ;ast year, and they literally would not speak to me are say hello. Happens all the time when USU beat the y. Hoping that this year we can do it again. My wife has 7 brothers, all byu! I haven't been around any of them during a byu game for years, and I still know why I should never do that! the y is tough though with their 3
WR's. 6'5, 6'5, and 6'6. That is extremely tall in my opinion for WR's!

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » September 6th, 2015, 7:55 am

Feel horrible for Taysom but seeing Mitch Matthews crying on the field after made me want to throw up!

Locked Previous topicNext topic