Chris Copier

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
bigblue32
Pick'em Champ - '23 FB Predict The Score

Chris Copier

Post by bigblue32 » April 10th, 2016, 1:10 am

Saw on cache valley sherrifs website that a 24 year old Chris copier was arrested for like 6-7 counts of possession with intent to distribute. Anyone know if this is the player at USU?
Last edited by bigblue32 on April 10th, 2016, 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Re: Chris Copier

Post by aggies22 » April 10th, 2016, 8:11 am

It is.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » April 10th, 2016, 9:34 am

I guess this could be added to the evidence for paying athletes to play right?

trevordude
Pick'em Champ - '22 FB Predict The Score

Post by trevordude » April 10th, 2016, 2:38 pm

Also heard this at church from a guy who works for the department. He was definitely selling

Not sent from Tapatalk

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » April 10th, 2016, 6:47 pm

BigBlue32 wrote:Saw on cache valley sherrifs website that a 24 year old Chris copier was arrested for like 6-7 counts of possession with intent to distribute. Anyone know if this is the player at USU?

Do you think the cartels have an in within the football team? Lots of players either smoking or distributing the special herb. Maybe that's just normal college behavior, though.

jackmormon
RIP

Post by jackmormon » April 10th, 2016, 6:53 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
BigBlue32 wrote:Saw on cache valley sherrifs website that a 24 year old Chris copier was arrested for like 6-7 counts of possession with intent to distribute. Anyone know if this is the player at USU?

Do you think the cartels have an in within the football team? Lots of players either smoking or distributing the special herb. Maybe that's just normal college behavior, though.
I was hoping that when El Chapo was caught that it would at least slow down the Sinaloa cartel's activities in NoLo.

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » April 10th, 2016, 7:35 pm

I know there's such a thing as psychotropic drugs, but it seems there are also sycophantic drugs out there as well. All drugs such as heroin or methamphetamine in Cache Valley come from the numerous labs and poppy farms that stretch for as far as the eye can see--here in the valley. Our Aggie-Trained farmers then simply bale them up and give them to the football players for distribution.

MalAgua

Post by MalAgua » April 10th, 2016, 8:24 pm

I'm thinking of the news headline, can anyone guess what it is?

TrueBlue
Pick'em Champ - '13,'14,'15,'16 BB Predict The Score

Post by TrueBlue » April 10th, 2016, 8:51 pm

MalAgua wrote:I'm thinking of the news headline, can anyone guess what it is?
"Chris Copier Caught Cashing In On Copius Collection of Cannibas Say Cache County Cops"

??

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

GUS

Post by GUS » April 10th, 2016, 9:29 pm

Kid must have really made a wrong turn in his life. He is a RM, went to Hawaii. Maybe that's where he got his wacky weed connection. Or, maybe it was his year at byu. In either event, hope he can get his act together. I'm guessing his playing days are over.

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » April 10th, 2016, 9:54 pm

TrueBlue wrote:
"Chris Copier Caught Cashing In On Copius Collection of Cannibas Say Cache County Cops"

??

:golfclap:

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

LKGates

Post by LKGates » April 10th, 2016, 11:54 pm

What a knucklehead. I'm a little mad at the kid, and a little sad. The kid had EVERYTHING going for him. He's obviously a gifted athlete. At 6'6" and 250 lbs, he's actually a little bigger than Houston. With the running game we have developing, we're probably going to run lots of two tight end sets, and plenty of play action passes hitting the tight end coming across the seam. Now, he's probably going to have a felony drug conviction on his record. So many doors slam shut when that happens, and not just athletic scholarships, but whole career paths. You can debate the desirability of drug legalization, but the reality is, here and now what he was selling is illegal, and he knew it. He did something really stupid. The team will suffer a little, because he really could have been an asset, but he will suffer a lot.

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

MalAgua

Post by MalAgua » April 11th, 2016, 6:26 am

TrueBlue wrote:

??

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

MalAgua

Post by MalAgua » April 11th, 2016, 6:30 am

"Copier's Copious Cannabis Curbs College Career" ??

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » April 11th, 2016, 9:20 am

You guys must be English majors. Your use of ample alliteration is amazingly awesome

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » April 11th, 2016, 11:13 am

LKGates wrote:What a knucklehead. I'm a little mad at the kid, and a little sad. The kid had EVERYTHING going for him. He's obviously a gifted athlete. At 6'6" and 250 lbs, he's actually a little bigger than Houston. With the running game we have developing, we're probably going to run lots of two tight end sets, and plenty of play action passes hitting the tight end coming across the seam. Now, he's probably going to have a felony drug conviction on his record. So many doors slam shut when that happens, and not just athletic scholarships, but whole career paths. You can debate the desirability of drug legalization, but the reality is, here and now what he was selling is illegal, and he knew it. He did something really stupid. The team will suffer a little, because he really could have been an asset, but he will suffer a lot.
While I agree that he could have been used for depth, the only thing I've really noticed Chris do this spring is get into fights almost every practice I had attended. It would be nice to have him for depth purposes but other than that, we'll replace him just fine.

Aggiefan160

Post by Aggiefan160 » April 11th, 2016, 11:37 am

TrueBlue wrote:
"Chris Copier Caught Cashing In On Copius Collection of Cannibas, Claim Cache County Cops"

??

fixed it for you

LKGates

Post by LKGates » April 11th, 2016, 12:18 pm

ratofallaggies wrote:
LKGates wrote:What a knucklehead. I'm a little mad at the kid, and a little sad. The kid had EVERYTHING going for him. He's obviously a gifted athlete. At 6'6" and 250 lbs, he's actually a little bigger than Houston. With the running game we have developing, we're probably going to run lots of two tight end sets, and plenty of play action passes hitting the tight end coming across the seam. Now, he's probably going to have a felony drug conviction on his record. So many doors slam shut when that happens, and not just athletic scholarships, but whole career paths. You can debate the desirability of drug legalization, but the reality is, here and now what he was selling is illegal, and he knew it. He did something really stupid. The team will suffer a little, because he really could have been an asset, but he will suffer a lot.
While I agree that he could have been used for depth, the only thing I've really noticed Chris do this spring is get into fights almost every practice I had attended. It would be nice to have him for depth purposes but other than that, we'll replace him just fine.
Thanks Rat. Nice to know that it won't significantly affect the team. I'm still sorry the kid can't get his crap in one pile. The drug issues and fighting at practice are probably all symptoms of a deeper character issue. Thanks for your insights. They're always good, and always appreciated.

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » April 11th, 2016, 1:42 pm

LKGates wrote:
ratofallaggies wrote:
Thanks Rat. Nice to know that it won't significantly affect the team. I'm still sorry the kid can't get his crap in one pile. The drug issues and fighting at practice are probably all symptoms of a deeper character issue. Thanks for your insights. They're always good, and always appreciated.
Agreed, wish he could get it figured out as well and hope he figures it out.

BustaMcNutt

Post by BustaMcNutt » April 11th, 2016, 3:14 pm

Stop recruiting Bingham? Mostly kidding....

BrendanAggie93
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by BrendanAggie93 » April 11th, 2016, 6:11 pm

Grew up in the same ward as him. He was always a huge dick to a lot of people. He served a mission in Hawaii which apparently didn't help with anything. I never like to see this happen to anyone but he had it coming to him, honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrendanAggie93

Post by BrendanAggie93 » April 11th, 2016, 6:33 pm

"Chris Copier's Chaotic Cash Collection quickly Crashes, Claims Cache County Cops"

NVAggie

Post by NVAggie » April 11th, 2016, 6:56 pm

Being a missionary doesn't exempt you from being a dick. Just means it is worse when you are one because you should know better.

AgMan21

Post by AgMan21 » April 11th, 2016, 8:21 pm

NVAggie

Post by NVAggie » April 11th, 2016, 8:28 pm

The cartel takes down another one.

StanfordAggie

Post by StanfordAggie » April 11th, 2016, 10:24 pm

So this was real drug dealing, not just the Logan thing where they charge you for dealing because you shared your pot with your friends? Yikes. :( I'll just say that I hope this isn't a life-destroying mistake.

NVAggie

Post by NVAggie » April 11th, 2016, 11:32 pm

It should be and it probably will be.

dhilk3785

Post by dhilk3785 » April 13th, 2016, 9:18 am

Who writes the SLTrib headlines?

"Aggies’ Copier made modest on-field contribution last season", which was basically just the first sentence of the story that then went on to talk about the charges.

"I'd rather be wrong and cringe than right and regret not speaking up." - Jon Lovett

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » April 13th, 2016, 9:39 am

dhilk3785 wrote:Who writes the SLTrib headlines?

"Aggies’ Copier made modest on-field contribution last season", which was basically just the first sentence of the story that then went on to talk about the charges.
I wonder if it is automated and someone forgot to go back and create a more accurate headline. I'm not even sure why the word modest is used in this situation. Modest would imply he made a limited but satisfactory or adequate contribution. Since when is one reception over the entire season satisfactory or adequate?

Aggies For Life
Troll

Post by Aggies For Life » April 18th, 2016, 4:24 am

BrendanAggie93 wrote:Grew up in the same ward as him. He was always a huge dick to a lot of people. He served a mission in Hawaii which apparently didn't help with anything. I never like to see this happen to anyone but he had it coming to him, honestly.

That's crazy. How does a kid go on a mission then come home and do stuff like this? I mean, supposedly, he was out there preaching against this stuff for two whole years. He chose to be out there doing that, now this. Unbelievable. :disappointed:

This is my signature.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » April 18th, 2016, 7:51 am

Aggies For Life wrote:
BrendanAggie93 wrote:Grew up in the same ward as him. He was always a huge dick to a lot of people. He served a mission in Hawaii which apparently didn't help with anything. I never like to see this happen to anyone but he had it coming to him, honestly.

That's crazy. How does a kid go on a mission then come home and do stuff like this? I mean, supposedly, he was out there preaching against this stuff for two whole years. He chose to be out there doing that, now this. Unbelievable. :disappointed:
Nobody's perfect. :noidea:

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » April 18th, 2016, 1:51 pm

Love the alliteration, but the "correct answer" is "Another Former Cougar arrested for Drugs"

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » April 18th, 2016, 1:58 pm

Aggies For Life wrote:

As an incactive RM, there are 2 types of people that argue this... The "holier than thou" Mormons- and the "holier than thou" anti-Mormons. His mission was 2 or 3 years ago. People change. Things happen. There could literally be a million reasons why someone who went on a mission that end with him (or her) smoking, drinking, having sex and selling weed. Ultimately people are individuals and what I see happening is that the "holier than thou" types on both sides try to hold people to impossible (and often unintended) standards.

I don't think that is what you are doing. I'm just saying sometimes, that is how it comes across when people tear into RMs, who "fall off the wagon"...

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » April 18th, 2016, 2:27 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
Aggies For Life wrote:

As an incactive RM, there are 2 types of people that argue this... The "holier than thou" Mormons- and the "holier than thou" anti-Mormons. His mission was 2 or 3 years ago. People change. Things happen. There could literally be a million reasons why someone who went on a mission that end with him (or her) smoking, drinking, having sex and selling weed. Ultimately people are individuals and what I see happening is that the "holier than thou" types on both sides try to hold people to impossible (and often unintended) standards.

I don't think that is what you are doing. I'm just saying sometimes, that is how it comes across when people tear into RMs, who "fall off the wagon"...
Also, there is a huge amount of kids up on campus in the market for weed, and I must say Copier did a wonderful job of branding. He definitely filled a niche, and whether you call it opportunity or evil or anything in between, those kinds of things can get us all. I'm wavering on whether I want to post a picture of his product packaging. I'll see what I can do.

MalAgua

Post by MalAgua » April 18th, 2016, 2:34 pm

Ahbye wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
Aggies For Life wrote:

Also, there is a huge amount of kids up on campus in the market for weed, and I must say Copier did a wonderful job of branding. He definitely filled a niche, and whether you call it opportunity or evil or anything in between, those kinds of things can get us all. I'm wavering on whether I want to post a picture of his product packaging. I'll see what I can do.
Now I'm even more interested! Was he a business or marketing major?

Locked Previous topicNext topic