What I am hoping to see tonight

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
JFWAggie

What I am hoping to see tonight

Post by JFWAggie » September 7th, 2017, 2:00 pm

Domination up front. Lets see how good our O line is, run run run mixed in with deep play action and occasional screen and misdirection reverses. On defense, pressure pressure pressure with physicality!!!

I was disappointed in what I witnessed during the last 2 and half quarters of the Wisconsin game, but I still maintain 7-10 wins is obtainable this year. Tonight should/could set the tone for the rest of the season. JFW boys, JFW!!!!!!

oleblu111
RIP

Re: What I am hoping to see tonight

Post by oleblu111 » September 7th, 2017, 2:12 pm

Yes go aggies

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » September 7th, 2017, 2:15 pm

I a hoping to see a POUNDING!!!

Every game, my tradition is to tell Jordan how many TDs I need, so I requested 3 and he usually comes through....he has to listen to his mama....I requested Tarver give me 3 also....(because he was with Jordan at the time of the request....I was not going to miss an opportunity to make my demands)

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

smallz
Has thanked: 0

Post by smallz » September 7th, 2017, 2:45 pm

I would like to see meaningful minutes from Jordan Love. His clock his ticking. If he is put in late in the fourth quarter that doesn't count. He needs to play with the first team and be given the opportunity to do more than hand the ball off.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » September 7th, 2017, 2:52 pm

I want to see 4 of 6:

1. 50+ points on the board
2. 250+ yards of rushing (preferably 125+ by Hervey)
3. 550+ yards of total offense
4. 3+ takeaways
5. 14 or less points allowed
6. someone other than Myers play QB for at least 1 qtr.

AggieDude
Been thanked: 0

Post by AggieDude » September 7th, 2017, 3:03 pm

smallz wrote:I would like to see meaningful minutes from Jordan Love. His clock his ticking. If he is put in late in the fourth quarter that doesn't count. He needs to play with the first team and be given the opportunity to do more than hand the ball off.
I wouldn't get my hopes up. Wells is convinced that Myers is the best QB on the roster. Several posters on this board who went to practices basically confirmed that position. I'd like to see some of the other guys get a chance as much as you, but I've resigned myself to hoping Myers gets it together instead of hoping someone else is given an opportunity. Barring injury, I just don't see anyone else getting meaningful reps.

Having said that, GO KM! Lead this team to victory!

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » September 7th, 2017, 3:11 pm

taniataylor wrote:I a hoping to see a POUNDING!!!

Every game, my tradition is to tell Jordan how many TDs I need, so I requested 3 and he usually comes through....he has to listen to his mama....I requested Tarver give me 3 also....(because he was with Jordan at the time of the request....I was not going to miss an opportunity to make my demands)
I got my 16 jersey on! Good vibes to Jordan! 3 TDs would be awesome!

smallz

Post by smallz » September 7th, 2017, 3:27 pm

AggieDude wrote:
smallz wrote:I would like to see meaningful minutes from Jordan Love. His clock his ticking. If he is put in late in the fourth quarter that doesn't count. He needs to play with the first team and be given the opportunity to do more than hand the ball off.
I wouldn't get my hopes up. Wells is convinced that Myers is the best QB on the roster. Several posters on this board who went to practices basically confirmed that position. I'd like to see some of the other guys get a chance as much as you, but I've resigned myself to hoping Myers gets it together instead of hoping someone else is given an opportunity. Barring injury, I just don't see anyone else getting meaningful reps.

Spot on. This hope is more like an unrealistic fantasy. After last year I accepted the fact that Wells will never put in another quarterback. Wells doesn't want to play a backup in any situation because if that backup happens to be better than the starter people will start to question his head coaching ability.

I.M.Noone

Post by I.M.Noone » September 7th, 2017, 3:58 pm

What I'm hoping to see, and will see, is the Chiefs vs the Patriots.

Warning! Don't read this post. It's garbage.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » September 7th, 2017, 4:05 pm

I'm hoping to see a good crowd, entertainment on the field, domination from the home team, and JFW.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » September 7th, 2017, 4:32 pm

I expect Myers will look great tonight

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » September 7th, 2017, 4:34 pm

I.M.Noone wrote:What I'm hoping to see, and will see, is the Chiefs vs the Patriots.
BOO pro football sucks (unless an Aggie or two are playing)

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

crazywookie

Post by crazywookie » September 7th, 2017, 5:32 pm

Aglicious wrote:I want to see 4 of 6:

4. 3+ takeaways

I like that list. I think we will do 4 of the 6.

"Cover me porkins I'm going in..."

"I'm right with you Red 3..."

gomretat

Post by gomretat » September 7th, 2017, 8:40 pm

smallz wrote:
AggieDude wrote:

Spot on. This hope is more like an unrealistic fantasy. After last year I accepted the fact that Wells will never put in another quarterback. Wells doesn't want to play a backup in any situation because if that backup happens to be better than the starter people will start to question his head coaching ability.
I cant imagine anyone really believing the reason he doesn't play a back up is that it could make him look bad. Not buying that at all. I would have liked to have seen another QB last week as well but it is very easy to build a case for why going with Myers the whole game was the right thing to do.

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » September 7th, 2017, 9:27 pm

4. 3+ takeaways
We got 5 of 6.

My side projects:
Internet-connected Aggie A's: www.sports-iot.com
Physics and the Pinewood Derby: www.pinewoodphysics.com

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Post by AGinNEIowa » September 7th, 2017, 9:54 pm

1. 50+ points on the board 51
2. 250+ yards of rushing (preferably 125+ by Hervey) 255 103 by Allen +13 by Hervey = 126!! :joking:
3. 550+ yards of total offense 596
4. 3+ takeaways 2
5. 14 or less points allowed 13
6. someone other than Myers play QB for at least 1 qtr. Yup

Looks like you got 5.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » September 7th, 2017, 10:23 pm

AGinNEIowa wrote:

1. 50+ points on the board 51
2. 250+ yards of rushing (preferably 125+ by Hervey) 255 103 by Allen +13 by Hervey = 126!! :joking:
3. 550+ yards of total offense 596
4. 3+ takeaways 2
5. 14 or less points allowed 13
6. someone other than Myers play QB for at least 1 qtr. Yup

Looks like you got 5.
Not bad, not bad. These are the goals I would have set as a coaching staff for this game (minus singling out Hervey of course) and I would feel good about reaching them. This is what I would expect versus this level of competition.

I still don't feel great about our defense but it's hard to get a handle for where they are in a game like this with so many personnel changes. I thought the 1's did okay but didn't show any fire or ability to stop ISU after the INT deep in our own territory. I would really like to see our DL step up and become a bit more stout and I fear pass happy teams will just shred us if their QB is given even a normal amount of time.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » September 8th, 2017, 12:33 am

On the radio, Jalen Davis mentioned that he feels they DO need to force more turnovers.

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » September 8th, 2017, 3:23 pm

So, did you chew them both out, yet? I mean, only getting 1 measly TD catch each when you requested 3? That's gotta be a big disappointment. :disappointed:

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » September 8th, 2017, 3:40 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:

So, did you chew them both out, yet? I mean, only getting 1 measly TD catch each when you requested 3? That's gotta be a big disappointment. :disappointed:
I told him this was a big disappointment (not really)....and that he was grounded.....LOL...he said he would have had 2 for me....but.....I haven't decided what demands I'm putting on him this week...in high school he played corner also so I always got what I asked for whether it be a TD or pick 6....I'm gonna have to put the pressure on...and I haven't spoken to Tarver, but I did speak to Alex B (Jordan's roommate) and told him I need at least 1 at Wake....
I think this win really pumped em all up, so I am definitely expecting that to show :rock: (Mom's the boss!)

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » September 8th, 2017, 3:57 pm

I hope you are right.

Locked Previous topicNext topic