If we go 1-11 this season...

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Re: If we go 1-11 this season...

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » September 13th, 2017, 11:18 pm

dyedblue wrote:I look at it this way. Last year we took a huge step backwards. This year we are better at OC, LB, DB, OL, WR, TE, and Special Teams. Look how many starters from last year are buried behind freshman and sophomores. That isa good thing.

The overall culture appears much better and kids are graduating.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
Wells earned a mulligan(2016) after his role in USU's best 4 year stretch in school history both as an assistant and Head Coach. The team is improved this year from last year. People that are acting like Wells ruined the program obviously didn't follow USU football before 2011. Wells is one of the reasons Aggie football got to heights many didn't think possible.

SuperiorBlueDiver
Has thanked: 0

Post by SuperiorBlueDiver » September 14th, 2017, 3:18 am

I'm so torn on Wells. I thought he was the right hire when GA left. Then the past two seasons happened. He's not fan friendly or apparently parent friendly either which troubles me even more. Yet he has taken us to more bowl games than any other coach in our modern history. And then throw in the fact that he's one of our own. It's tough to want him fired and it's tough to think about the trajectory continuing. I'm with Tania though. Let's see how the year plays out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » September 14th, 2017, 7:43 am

I admittedly don't really know Wells personally, but why does he have the reputation as not being fan friendly ?

This summer at the Bees game he was over watching his son play baseball so I walked up to him and started a conversation and took a picture with him. He couldn't have been nicer. We talked for about 10 minutes with my wife and son. Maybe I caught him on the right day but he awesome.

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » September 14th, 2017, 8:15 am

I visited him a few times in his office in the NEZ. He was always super cool and even wrote me a thank you note and did the legwork to have it sent to me at my office.

I think he's got this thing where he doesn't like to be crossed or disagreed with, especially in the face of adversity. And when you disagree with someone who won't entertain new options while losing football games, you lose confidence in them. I think that's why his team over the last two years has lost close games.

I like Matt Wells as a person. A lot. I hope he succeeds.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » September 14th, 2017, 8:24 am

Aggie in Hawaii wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
dyedblue wrote:
ChicagoAggie wrote:
OKAggie wrote:
Bondar4Aggies wrote:Nope. According to my sources, a bowl game (6-6) is the make or break mark. Under he's gone, over he stays.
Ask your source where the buyout money is coming from.
The loss in revenue (tickets and donations) of not buying him out is much greater than the buyout. A bowl game just may save his a** for a year. It won't save his job. It's too late. He has produced less with more talent. That is not what Utah State is about.
By produced less do you mean going to three bowl games in four years (we've been to 11 total) and winning two of them (we've only win four - ever)?

Wells may or may not be the right coach but he's done way better than most. If he didn't get it going he'll be gone sooner rather than later. So far, I haven't seen a good enough reason to fire him, although is inability to let anyone else take a snap at QB truly tries my patience.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk[/quo

lol...Sorry I can't help it. Wells made the best and/or luckiest decision of his coaching career hiring Orlando. He had a defense stacked with NFL talent. They with a couple really good punters and a guy named JoJo won a bunch of games for Wells after Chuckie went down.

When Orlando moved on and the D-line car accident shook up the defense Wells was exposed. His team quit on him after the Boise game two years ago and did again last year. He cannot win against equal talent without Orlando because he can't adjust his offense. If he stays it will be the result of the defense coming together and his forced shotgun hiring of the new coordinator and the infusion of optimism and trust they bring in.
It is ludicrous not to give Wells a ton of credit for his first 2 years. 9 win seasons are extremely rare in USU history and Wells has 2 of them despite numerous injuries to key players on both sides of the ball. Chuckie missed the majority of both seasons yet USU's record without Chuckie was solid. We went 13-3 in conference, won 2 bowl games, and won in Provo. And hiring assistants is a big part of being a Head Coach and Wells deserves a great deal of credit for hiring Orlando. He was "exposed" as a great coach with that hire. Wells was an A+ coach during 2013 and 2014.
Of course Wells deserves credit for his assistant hire. Maybe his new OC hire will prove the same and I like the Defensive staff in place now. He also deserves credit along with the team for keeping it together through all the QB injuries. But the actual on the field performance of the team was largely the result of our Defense, special teams, JoJo. Without Orlando, Zach Vigil, the TEAM QUIT ON HIM TWO YEARS IN A ROW. That is not good. This team has a chance I think to turn things around. We'll see how they respond when adversity hits. Wisky was not a promising omen.

I agree that this team should win 6-7 games. If they play almost perfect they could steal one or 2 more from Wake or a zoob team with some issues. That is because they play a schedule with the 3 worst teams in the MWC, a New Mexico team that they never should have lost too the last two years, a beatable AFA team, and a Wyoming team that has lost a lot of talent at home. Boise should handle them but they aren't the juggernaut they once were, CSU is a head scratcher but the Rams probably handle the Ags easily.

Wake will tell us a lot I think about whether Wells has a chance to turn it around. If history is any guide this team might cash it in if they experience another road blowout. A win would change the trajectory of the season I think although a better team quit on Wells after thrashing Boise two years ago. A close game that the Aggies actually keep the pressure on through the 2nd half should, one would hope, give the team a little fire to the team to take it to their perennial whipping boys in California the next week.

Give Wells credit for putting together an improved team and making changes. This needs to translate into a culture that endures the season and has confidence and trust in their coaches if Wells is gonna turn this around. When I talk turn around though I think our ceiling with him is limited. The Aggies aren't gonna be challenging really good teams on the road or making a Big 6 bowl run through the MW anytime soon. Hope I'm wrong but maybe that's the reality of the Aggies cieling as a program.

The other not out of the world possibility is that the Aggies get one of two against the Zoobs and Wake and ride a bad MW schedule and a confident team to 8-9 wins and Wells is gone anyway to cash in on the Jayhawks or maybe Oregon State...lol. I'm torn as to whether that would be a bad or good thing but not crying about it. I'd take Gary in a trade.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » September 14th, 2017, 8:36 am

2004AG wrote:I admittedly don't really know Wells personally, but why does he have the reputation as not being fan friendly ?

This summer at the Bees game he was over watching his son play baseball so I walked up to him and started a conversation and took a picture with him. He couldn't have been nicer. We talked for about 10 minutes with my wife and son. Maybe I caught him on the right day but he awesome.

Every time I've talked to him he's been very courteous and a lot of fun to talk to. I have nothing but good things to say about his interpersonal skills.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » September 14th, 2017, 8:36 am

taniataylor wrote:
USUBlue wrote:
taniataylor wrote:Why wouldn't it be a fair deal to allow him to stay throughout his contract with just a little improvement this year? After all, this group always talks about the new, young talent that the team has so I think it shouldn't be a problem to allow this team to really gel...let him live out his contract and see what next year produces....and truthfully so....if we change..who knows what we'll end up with? I mean he's not exactly the worst coach we could have....and he has produced some favorable numbers with the exception of last year right?
No matter what this team ends up with, NO ONE here will be satisfied...if it's successful then someone will say, " I won't care for MW unless he can be successful next year too"
You all already have seen some pretty big improvements on the team as well as MWs probably his own worst critic
As you and I have discussed in the past, Wells' tenure at USU didn't start with Jordan playing. There are a lot of empty seats voting, not just the avid fans on the board. Wells is not very fan friendly, and as a FBall coach his trajectory is downward. Except for his defenses, Wells has never had good offenses and often very boring. We don't need to wait for a total crash to see what's going on. Let's hope he turns it around, but anything less than 6-6 it's adios for him, and very few tears will be shed.
Oh I know there was life before Jordan came...But I was around for that really bad year (2016) & things really have improved. I've said many times before that I am MW neutral....you guys are alumni & lifelong fans - so you have seen ALOT of ups & downs, I'm just giving an opinion that is not necessarily factual based but more based on human nature....the new & young guys on this team may not be able to produce to everyone's standards being coached by the best coach in CFB, just based on experience and maturity, so I just feel that if we do better than last year, great....but next yr should be even better - the new guys will not be new anymore & MW will have some faith in his team again.
As far as being fan friendly, hell that dude isn't even parent friendly....so I understand - I just feel that this team has a lot of potential and MW may be taking a different/better approach with the boys because his job really is on the line. He's actually letting the coordinators do their job....
A team's culture is very often defined by the players themselves even with the best coaches. We saw this with a couple of Stew Morrill's later teams. In college football the coordinators and position coaches can make up for a lot of the head coaches flaws if he is otherwise a good manager. I am excited to hear that this team has a determined young culture and maybe a few players getting ready to lead a bit (outside of Leavitt's fire) that has been sorely missing. The body language of the O-line this year alone seems to bode well. Love watching your son. Think he is potentially a next level kid with the work ethic and team first mentality he seems to have.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » September 14th, 2017, 9:17 am

I just believe that, most importantly WE WILL NOT GO 1-11, that's just ludacris! I do believe that even if we have a poor season, we will definitely improve over last year and we will not lose MW. He will get a chance to prove himself in the 2018 season and possibly beyond. He's not completely bad, he's not perfect....but I do think he knows what needs to be done.

Thank you in regards to Jordan....

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

I.M.Noone

Post by I.M.Noone » September 14th, 2017, 9:34 am

taniataylor wrote:I just believe that, most importantly WE WILL NOT GO 1-11, that's just ludacris! I do believe that even if we have a poor season, we will definitely improve over last year and we will not lose MW. He will get a chance to prove himself in the 2018 season and possibly beyond. He's not completely bad, he's not perfect....but I do think he knows what needs to be done.

Really? What needs to be done? And if Wells knows what needs to be done, how come he hasn't done it?

I'd say he took a pretty good program and is responsible for what it is now. And that shows that he doesn't know what needs to be done. Or, if he knows, he hasn't done it.

Warning! Don't read this post. It's garbage.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » September 14th, 2017, 9:56 am

I.M.Noone wrote:
taniataylor wrote:I just believe that, most importantly WE WILL NOT GO 1-11, that's just ludacris! I do believe that even if we have a poor season, we will definitely improve over last year and we will not lose MW. He will get a chance to prove himself in the 2018 season and possibly beyond. He's not completely bad, he's not perfect....but I do think he knows what needs to be done.

Really? What needs to be done? And if Wells knows what needs to be done, how come he hasn't done it?

I'd say he took a pretty good program and is responsible for what it is now. And that shows that he doesn't know what needs to be done. Or, if he knows, he hasn't done it.
1st - he hasn't started the same players, even ones that have been on the team as starters before - I think he knew that needed to change.
2nd - ATTRITION is a real thing - kids graduate, we won't have Devante Mays & the like forever! The team is growing and CHANGE DOES NOT HAPPEN OVER NIGHT. This team is fresh and very hungry. You may not have seen much change but our peers on this forum have - whether u attribute it to Wells or not is on you, but he is the person with the overall say on what happens on that field.
3rd - he has allowed his Coordinators to actually do their job. LAST SEASON humbled him

Maybe it's not much in your eyes & since I never coached a D1 team or played football, I try not to pass judgement on everything MW does.
I have only been around a short time & I can see differences form last year to this -

If you have so much to say & so many things on your mind why don't you chime in on the Coach's Radio Show every Wednesday instead of taking what I'm saying and attacking it - attack his coaching ability, not my opinion or would that be too straight forward for you?...

I.M.Noone

Post by I.M.Noone » September 14th, 2017, 10:28 am

I don't agree with your opinion and told you so. That isn't an attack. Expecting everyone to agree with you and give you positive feedback on here would be ludicrous. But it wouldn't be ludacris.

Warning! Don't read this post. It's garbage.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » September 14th, 2017, 10:40 am

taniataylor wrote:
I.M.Noone wrote:

1st - he hasn't started the same players, even ones that have been on the team as starters before - I think he knew that needed to change.
2nd - ATTRITION is a real thing - kids graduate, we won't have Devante Mays & the like forever! The team is growing and CHANGE DOES NOT HAPPEN OVER NIGHT. This team is fresh and very hungry. You may not have seen much change but our peers on this forum have - whether u attribute it to Wells or not is on you, but he is the person with the overall say on what happens on that field.
3rd - he has allowed his Coordinators to actually do their job. LAST SEASON humbled him

Maybe it's not much in your eyes & since I never coached a D1 team or played football, I try not to pass judgement on everything MW does.
I have only been around a short time & I can see differences form last year to this -

If you have so much to say & so many things on your mind why don't you chime in on the Coach's Radio Show every Wednesday instead of taking what I'm saying and attacking it - attack his coaching ability, not my opinion or would that be too straight forward for you?...
I hope you are right. The fact that your son feels good about the team this year over last year is a big positive because your son appears to be one of those guys like Leavitt in a sense who really has a passion for the game. However, the perspective here is that 2 years ago at this time the Aggies thrashed Boise State and had a healthy Mays and Sharp. On defense they had 3 guys who are on NFL 53 man rosters and a 4th who will be. They had basically the Mountain Division title wide open for the taking and the team just seemed to literally quit. That was the impression I got.

Last year was obviously a disaster seemingly from the Mays injury and USC throttling. They seemed to recover again but through in the towel after CSU fought back from the halftime deficit. It was obvious that the offensive side didn't car much and their body language, lack of commitment to discipline and details, and play conveyed that. The D side was ravaged by secondary injuries and it appeared from the outside that there was some real O/D schisms going on with the D getting down on itself and frustrated because they were dealing with 3 and outs from the O all games against everyone. They obviously took a huge drop in talent hit too in the front 7.

This year I know they are better, more talented, and excited. What will they do if Wake doesn't go well or SJSU challenges the game in the second half. I like the body language but it was against ISU. This is an area where I think Wells doesn't have the cred. The leaders on the team and coordinators will decide this season and maybe if Wells learns and changes a bit he can be more of a manager and recruiter and restablish his creds with the team long term that way. I know I never want to see him touch the offense again.

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » September 14th, 2017, 10:56 am

I.M.Noone wrote:I don't agree with your opinion and told you so. That isn't an attack. Expecting everyone to agree with you and give you positive feedback on here would be ludicrous. But it wouldn't be ludacris.
Not helping anything.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » September 14th, 2017, 11:06 am

hickaggie wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
I.M.Noone wrote:

I hope you are right. The fact that your son feels good about the team this year over last year is a big positive because your son appears to be one of those guys like Leavitt in a sense who really has a passion for the game. However, the perspective here is that 2 years ago at this time the Aggies thrashed Boise State and had a healthy Mays and Sharp. On defense they had 3 guys who are on NFL 53 man rosters and a 4th who will be. They had basically the Mountain Division title wide open for the taking and the team just seemed to literally quit. That was the impression I got.

Last year was obviously a disaster seemingly from the Mays injury and USC throttling. They seemed to recover again but through in the towel after CSU fought back from the halftime deficit. It was obvious that the offensive side didn't car much and their body language, lack of commitment to discipline and details, and play conveyed that. The D side was ravaged by secondary injuries and it appeared from the outside that there was some real O/D schisms going on with the D getting down on itself and frustrated because they were dealing with 3 and outs from the O all games against everyone. They obviously took a huge drop in talent hit too in the front 7.

This year I know they are better, more talented, and excited. What will they do if Wake doesn't go well or SJSU challenges the game in the second half. I like the body language but it was against ISU. This is an area where I think Wells doesn't have the cred. The leaders on the team and coordinators will decide this season and maybe if Wells learns and changes a bit he can be more of a manager and recruiter and restablish his creds with the team long term that way. I know I never want to see him touch the offense again.
I think the fact that the coordinators are more in charge of their own guys is a big help.
Based on what you have seen, do you believe that we are a 1-11 team? I don't, I truly believe we will come out of the 2017 season at least twice as good as the 2016 season. As long as we improve, I think we have something to look forward to in 2018. I'm all for being skeptical on MW, he definitely has something to prove.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » September 14th, 2017, 11:20 am

I.M.Noone wrote:I don't agree with your opinion and told you so. That isn't an attack. Expecting everyone to agree with you and give you positive feedback on here would be ludicrous. But it wouldn't be ludacris.

I will make sure to be PERFECT in my grammar, spelling & punctuation just for you since obviously you ranked at the top of your English class.

I don't expect anyone to agree with me. I'm still relatively new to this board and to the Aggie family, I have not been tainted by years prior to 2016. I am always up for a discussion or to be educated about how things have been, but none of us know how things will end up. I am going to hold on to as much positive as I can so I can continue to encourage my son, his roommates & other teammates that he has introduced me to.
Maybe instead of expressing your opinion to me or challenging my beliefs, you can address the coach and see if you get the answers you seek.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » September 14th, 2017, 11:26 am

AndroidAggie wrote:
Not helping anything.
Nothing advances a discussion faster than correcting spelling/grammar. It's right up there with name calling.
Last edited by Madmartigan on September 14th, 2017, 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » September 14th, 2017, 11:36 am

Madmartigan wrote:
AndroidAggie wrote:
Not helping anything.
Nothing advances a discussion faster than correcting spelling/grammar. It's right up there with name calling.
It often means that a person has lost the debate, and throws in something that has nothing to do with the matter at hand.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » September 14th, 2017, 12:31 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
AndroidAggie wrote:
Not helping anything.
It often means that a person has lost the debate, and throws in something that has nothing to do with the matter at hand.
And I have been guilty of it, sadly. You're spot on, once the name calling or petty corrections come in, that person has lost or has no substance to offer.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » September 14th, 2017, 1:03 pm

taniataylor wrote:

I will make sure to be PERFECT in my grammar, spelling & punctuation just for you since obviously you ranked at the top of your English class.

I don't expect anyone to agree with me. I'm still relatively new to this board and to the Aggie family, I have not been tainted by years prior to 2016. I am always up for a discussion or to be educated about how things have been, but none of us know how things will end up. I am going to hold on to as much positive as I can so I can continue to encourage my son, his roommates & other teammates that he has introduced me to.
Maybe instead of expressing your opinion to me or challenging my beliefs, you can address the coach and see if you get the answers you seek.
You can be certain Tania that Wells does not want to hear from, nor does he care about the opinions of fans. He apparently doesn't understand marketing very well -- but the empty seats will always vote when it comes to entertainment dollars.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » September 14th, 2017, 1:14 pm

USUBlue wrote:
taniataylor wrote:

You can be certain Tania that Wells does not want to hear from, nor does he care about the opinions of fans. He apparently doesn't understand marketing very well -- but the empty seats will always vote when it comes to entertainment dollars.
I'm sure he doesn't...he barely had time to speak with me during the recruiting process - I know he's not necessarily a fan friendly coach but as long as he does his job - I'm cool with that. Maybe when he starts winning his tail will loosen up from between his legs and we will see/hear more from him. Who knows? Social or anti-social, I am going to stay as positive as I can about him and our team. I support my son and anything he is a part of becomes a part of me. Jordan told me MWs attitude is very different this year. He actually interacts more & has a more personal touch. Maybe that's part of why his team has been exuding such a positive, but fierce outlook on this season.

Flying_Scotsman8
Been thanked: 0

Post by Flying_Scotsman8 » September 14th, 2017, 1:22 pm

taniataylor wrote:

Where's that Oxford comma at tho?

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » September 14th, 2017, 1:27 pm

Flying_Scotsman8 wrote:
taniataylor wrote:

Figured I would omit it, since it's optional :cheers: :notworthy:

Flying_Scotsman8
Been thanked: 0

Post by Flying_Scotsman8 » September 14th, 2017, 1:34 pm

taniataylor wrote:
Flying_Scotsman8 wrote:
taniataylor wrote:

:thanks:

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » September 14th, 2017, 1:39 pm

Flying_Scotsman8 wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
Flying_Scotsman8 wrote:
taniataylor wrote:

English teachers everywhere are rejoicing at this little exchange.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » September 14th, 2017, 1:43 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
Flying_Scotsman8 wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
Flying_Scotsman8 wrote:
taniataylor wrote:

We are cool aren't we? :)

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » September 14th, 2017, 2:00 pm

We aren't a 1-11 team. We might be a 3-9 team again, which isn't much better...

But the attitude and heart, as well as the starters who lost their starting role, gives me encouragement.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » September 14th, 2017, 2:03 pm

AndroidAggie wrote:We aren't a 1-11 team. We might be a 3-9 team again, which isn't much better...

But the attitude and heart, as well as the starters who lost their starting role, gives me encouragement.
I find NO encouragement in 3-9, or 4-8, or 5-7. 6-6 or let's start over

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » September 14th, 2017, 2:57 pm

Just a little reminder to USU fans that think any loss in revenue that would result from fans not going to games with Wells as coach would equal his salary, need to understand that if all the revenue from tickets bought where used it might not cover the monies that would be owed to Wells, and depending on when the firing took place some to of the other coach's. We are not as big a factor as we should be. Revenue will be up this season because BYU and BSU fans will pay for higher priced tickets.

Before the fire the coach crowd gets their panties in a bunch, that does not mean that Wells should not be fired if he has another poor season, but if you want something better it needs much better support from alum's.

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » September 14th, 2017, 3:13 pm

USUBlue wrote: I find NO encouragement in 3-9, or 4-8, or 5-7. 6-6 or let's start over
Nor do I. I would say one more year if the intangibles are there and we only win 6 games. If the team doesn't quit, if they don't roll over, if guys like Nathan and Eltoro are able to translate their attitude into leadership and influence the locker room to play like they do, then that's much different than winning 6 games but giving up in blow out losses to teams we should be able to compete against.

I could be convinced based on the entirety of the season to either keep or even chip in a few bucks myself to fire Matt Wells if we go 6-6.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » September 14th, 2017, 3:22 pm

taniataylor wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
Flying_Scotsman8 wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
Flying_Scotsman8 wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
Is the Oxford comma a grammatical issue, a usage issue, a punctuation issue, an expository issue, or a rhetorical issue?

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » September 14th, 2017, 3:41 pm

USU78 wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
Flying_Scotsman8 wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
Flying_Scotsman8 wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
Is the Oxford comma a grammatical issue, a usage issue, a punctuation issue, an expository issue, or a rhetorical issue?
I would say Rhetorical...
maybe I.M. Noone can educate me on that too? :rock: :lol: :sarcasm:

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » September 14th, 2017, 5:13 pm

taniataylor wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
I.M.Noone wrote:

I think the fact that the coordinators are more in charge of their own guys is a big help.
Based on what you have seen, do you believe that we are a 1-11 team? I don't, I truly believe we will come out of the 2017 season at least twice as good as the 2016 season. As long as we improve, I think we have something to look forward to in 2018. I'm all for being skeptical on MW, he definitely has something to prove.
I think this team wins between 3 and 9 games counting a possible bowl. How's that for going out on a limb...lol I think we will have a better assessment after Saturday. IMHO they must perform well this weekend and at least give the Deacons a scare and play well and adjust in the second half. Otherwise they head to SJSU with a 2 year old road loss monkey on their back and not a lot of confidence to shake it.

Even with an actual win at Wake its still wait and see. I can't shake how quickly the Ags fell apart 2 years ago after manhandiing Boise and having a mile wide lane open to a Mountain Division championship. I'm personally excited to see if Myers and his O-line can perform against good competition. I'm confident in the receivers/TEs including your son and think they can take the Aggies a long way if they get the ball in their hands in positions to make plays consistently.

This game is the crossroads for Wells in my opinion. I have to think the wheels start to come off if we have another Wisky like second half.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » September 14th, 2017, 5:18 pm

hickaggie wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
I.M.Noone wrote:

I think this team wins between 3 and 9 games counting a possible bowl. How's that for going out on a limb...lol I think we will have a better assessment after Saturday. IMHO they must perform well this weekend and at least give the Deacons a scare and play well and adjust in the second half. Otherwise they head to SJSU with a 2 year old road loss monkey on their back and not a lot of confidence to shake it.

Even with an actual win at Wake its still wait and see. I can't shake how quickly the Ags fell apart 2 years ago after manhandiing Boise and having a mile wide lane open to a Mountain Division championship. I'm personally excited to see if Myers and his O-line can perform against good competition. I'm confident in the receivers/TEs including your son and think they can take the Aggies a long way if they get the ball in their hands in positions to make plays consistently.

This game is the crossroads for Wells in my opinion. I have to think the wheels start to come off if we have another Wisky like second half.
Totally agree, if we can win or make this a close game the Aggies will have some confidence to ride into conference & BYU with...I just listened to the Dog & Deuce show out of Southern Utah and they actually think we're gonna take this game. Wake is no Wisc nor Idaho St...they are somewhere in-between as are we.

P.S. I'm waiting for a reply from Jordan to find out what the uniform will look like this week...stay tuned

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » September 14th, 2017, 5:20 pm

i loved that game against boise state but the stars aligned for us...

we win at wake because we out grind and out work them and i say we win 9 games

we lose at wake and it will probably be a 4 win season

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » September 14th, 2017, 9:46 pm

First I've heard he's not friendly with parents or fans.

Hail Aggies!

Locked Previous topicNext topic