Watching options?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
NAggsty Butler

Watching options?

Post by NAggsty Butler » September 29th, 2017, 3:09 pm

Sorry if this has been discussed but I have been out of the loop for a little while. Is the game going to be streamed or do I have to do legal stuff? I've got a group of Aggie fans up here in Bremerton WA who are counting on me to get them the game.

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Re: Watching options?

Post by bigblue » September 29th, 2017, 3:15 pm

I'm doing a 7 day trial on Hulu just for this game.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

bleu
Been thanked: 0

Post by bleu » September 29th, 2017, 3:18 pm

CBS Sports is by far the worst network when it comes to streaming availability. It's 2017 and they still don't have a way to stream through their app, even for those with a subscription.

Zaggie07

Post by Zaggie07 » September 29th, 2017, 3:18 pm

NAggsty Butler wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed but I have been out of the loop for a little while. Is the game going to be streamed or do I have to do legal stuff? I've got a group of Aggie fans up here in Bremerton WA who are counting on me to get them the game.
Sign up for a free trial of Hulu Live TV, YouTube TV, or FuboTV. I went the Hulu route since I have a Roku player and it works on there. YouTube TV doesn't (yet) and I'm not sure about Fubo. Otherwise, you will have to rely on chat, and I'm not certain if it will even be an option. Just remember to cancel your trial if you don't want to end up with a bill.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » September 29th, 2017, 3:20 pm

bleu wrote:CBS Sports is by far the worst network when it comes to streaming availability. It's 2017 and they still don't have a way to stream through their app, even for those with a subscription.
It's gotten a lot better this year. At least it's available on most of the Cord Cutter Streaming packages.

splintorb

Post by splintorb » September 29th, 2017, 3:20 pm

I am using FuboTV trial for the game, they have a roku app.

bleu

Post by bleu » September 29th, 2017, 3:22 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
bleu wrote:CBS Sports is by far the worst network when it comes to streaming availability. It's 2017 and they still don't have a way to stream through their app, even for those with a subscription.
It's gotten a lot better this year. At least it's available on most of the Cord Cutter Streaming packages.
Yeah, it just drives me nuts that someone with a standard cable TV package can't possibly stream the games. ESPN, NBC, Fox, ABC, B1G Network have all managed to figure this out.

bleu

Post by bleu » September 29th, 2017, 3:23 pm

I actually quite like CBS Sports coverage, especially when Carter Blackburn does the games (as he is tonight). It's just such a hassle to stream.

bigblue

Post by bigblue » September 29th, 2017, 3:51 pm

Direct TV now also can stream it. It's independent from having a dish from them

slcagg

Post by slcagg » September 29th, 2017, 4:07 pm

Zaggie07 wrote:
NAggsty Butler wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed but I have been out of the loop for a little while. Is the game going to be streamed or do I have to do legal stuff? I've got a group of Aggie fans up here in Bremerton WA who are counting on me to get them the game.
Sign up for a free trial of Hulu Live TV, YouTube TV, or FuboTV. I went the Hulu route since I have a Roku player and it works on there. YouTube TV doesn't (yet) and I'm not sure about Fubo. Otherwise, you will have to rely on chat, and I'm not certain if it will even be an option. Just remember to cancel your trial if you don't want to end up with a bill.

I signed up for Hulu via my Apple TV today. However I cannot find Hulu live or cbs sports. Anyone have any suggestions?

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » September 29th, 2017, 4:14 pm

slcagg wrote:
Zaggie07 wrote:

I signed up for Hulu via my Apple TV today. However I cannot find Hulu live or cbs sports. Anyone have any suggestions?
Hulu and Hulu Live TV are separate packages. I've never used it but they are listed separately on their website.

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » September 29th, 2017, 4:39 pm

I signed up, but must have chose the wrong options cause I don't see it either and have invited guests tonight. . May have to LISTEN via CHAT tonight.

NAggsty Butler

Post by NAggsty Butler » September 29th, 2017, 4:48 pm

I just talked to one of our fellow board members who signed up for the free trial of YouTube TV and it looks like it is going to work. I think that is what I'm going to do.

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

bigblue

Post by bigblue » September 29th, 2017, 5:01 pm

slcagg wrote:
Zaggie07 wrote:

I already paid for Hulu commercial free. I had to login on an internet browser and adjust my account there to include live TV. I have Hulu on a fire stick and had to sign out then sign back in to find it.

WAAggie

DELETED

Post by WAAggie » September 29th, 2017, 5:04 pm

Double post
Last edited by WAAggie on September 29th, 2017, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » September 29th, 2017, 5:09 pm

They are helping me now. DO NOT sign up via APPLE. It needs to be a computer, not my Iphone that defaulted to Apple.

Zaggie07

Post by Zaggie07 » September 29th, 2017, 5:33 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
slcagg wrote:
Zaggie07 wrote:

Hulu and Hulu Live TV are separate packages. I've never used it but they are listed separately on their website.
Yes, it needs to be the $39.99 live tv package. I signed up on my laptop, but am using the channel on my Roku. It's not super obvious at first, but you navigate to channels and then find CBS Sports Network.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » September 29th, 2017, 11:40 pm

Sec 102, Row 12, Seat 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

Locked Previous topicNext topic