Why the Wake Loss Is a Big Deal

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
USUstudent13

Re: Why the Wake Loss Is a Big Deal

Post by USUstudent13 » September 1st, 2019, 11:33 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 11:24 am
USUstudent13 wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 11:20 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 11:04 am
USUstudent13 wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 10:59 am
AGGZILLA wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 10:41 am
USUstudent13 wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 10:19 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 9:38 am
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 9:36 am
I don’t think Gary’s dumb. I was as frustrated as any of you Friday night, but we know 2 truths about Gary. He believes in having an offensive line that can get tough yards and a defense that can win the game. He preaches these two things continually. I think he was willing to roll the dice to reinforce these pillars of his philosophy. We were going to have a chance to win with either one and who knows if our defense could’ve held on if not for one fatal missed tackle.
Dumb, no. Stubborn and stuck in a philosophy that snatches defeat from the jaws of victory? The evidence would seem to suggest so.

There was nothing about the way our secondary was playing that should have made anyone think “Yep, let’s put this in their hands.”
If he is stuck in a philosophy that took an abysmal college football program and turned them into a conference champion then I'm good with that.
But you’re comparing philosophies of building a program overtime to in-game management, specifically end-of-game managment. These are two different things.
Well to win a conference championship I would say you have to be dang good at in-game and end of game management.

Not if you’re beating up on the little sisters of the poor like we were in the WAC. The only game we won that was close that year was La. Tech, IIRC.

Gary is a great motivator and program builder. No question there. I think it’s fairly obvious that serious end of game management issues have followed him his whole career.
Well if that's the case then he obviously shouldn't be our head coach right? If he truly makes "bone-headed" coaching decisions and is a coach that is stubborn and stuck in a philosophy that "snatches defeat from the Jaws of victory" like you say he is then he shouldn't be our head coach right?
Saying our coach has a glaring weakness isn’t at all saying he shouldn’t be our coach.

I was skeptical of the GA hire, but didn’t hate it. I just hate to see something that was a problem the last time around rear its head in game one. This just seems like a lesson he should have learned many times over at this point.
Well if thats the case and he still hasn't learned his lesson like you say he hasn't then he shouldn't be our head coach.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » September 1st, 2019, 11:36 am

USUstudent13 wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 11:33 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
USUstudent13 wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
USUstudent13 wrote:
AGGZILLA wrote:
USUstudent13 wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
I don’t think Gary’s dumb. I was as frustrated as any of you Friday night, but we know 2 truths about Gary. He believes in having an offensive line that can get tough yards and a defense that can win the game. He preaches these two things continually. I think he was willing to roll the dice to reinforce these pillars of his philosophy. We were going to have a chance to win with either one and who knows if our defense could’ve held on if not for one fatal missed tackle.
Dumb, no. Stubborn and stuck in a philosophy that snatches defeat from the jaws of victory? The evidence would seem to suggest so.

There was nothing about the way our secondary was playing that should have made anyone think “Yep, let’s put this in their hands.”
If he is stuck in a philosophy that took an abysmal college football program and turned them into a conference champion then I'm good with that.
But you’re comparing philosophies of building a program overtime to in-game management, specifically end-of-game managment. These are two different things.
Well to win a conference championship I would say you have to be dang good at in-game and end of game management.

Not if you’re beating up on the little sisters of the poor like we were in the WAC. The only game we won that was close that year was La. Tech, IIRC.

Gary is a great motivator and program builder. No question there. I think it’s fairly obvious that serious end of game management issues have followed him his whole career.
Well if that's the case then he obviously shouldn't be our head coach right? If he truly makes "bone-headed" coaching decisions and is a coach that is stubborn and stuck in a philosophy that "snatches defeat from the Jaws of victory" like you say he is then he shouldn't be our head coach right?
Saying our coach has a glaring weakness isn’t at all saying he shouldn’t be our coach.

I was skeptical of the GA hire, but didn’t hate it. I just hate to see something that was a problem the last time around rear its head in game one. This just seems like a lesson he should have learned many times over at this point.
Well if thats the case and he still hasn't learned his lesson like you say he hasn't then he shouldn't be our head coach.
Huh? That doesn’t follow at all.

Let me spell this out for you — I am GLAD Gary is our coach. With that being said, BREAK THEIR G&$$$&)$(( NECKS NEXT TIME, COACH.

USUstudent13

Post by USUstudent13 » September 1st, 2019, 11:39 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 11:36 am
USUstudent13 wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 11:33 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
USUstudent13 wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
USUstudent13 wrote:
AGGZILLA wrote:
USUstudent13 wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:

Huh? That doesn’t follow at all.

Let me spell this out for you — I am GLAD Gary is our coach. With that being said, BREAK THEIR G&$$$&)$(( NECKS NEXT TIME, COACH.
That's not the feeling I got from your comments but whatever. Go Aggies.

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » September 1st, 2019, 2:51 pm

I fully expected a win and it was given away by playing not to lose. I think Anderson is a great recruiter and motivator, but in game decision making he is not that great.

I was upset because this was the one chance to beat a P5 on the road, and it will probably be a long time before another chance comes, it is not happening at LSU.

Now it is time to put the loss behind and win some games and the conference, having some lessons learned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ususports

Post by ususports » September 1st, 2019, 3:34 pm

GeoAg wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 12:34 am
Florida, this is not directed at you. I know what you give and have given for this school and this program. This is directed at the board in general.

What exactly are you asking fans to do when you say they must stop accepting mediocrity? Are you asking them to not show up to the game next week? Are you asking them to whine about firing the coach?

I hope not. Because when it comes to accepting mediocrity around here our fans need to look in the mirror. If you are tired or whatever and think it needs to be fixed quit whining on the stupid message board and buy season tickets and go to the game. Our fans are an embarrassment. If everyone in here, if even half of you whining were going to be in the stands next week and the rest of the year I would feel different. Instead you'll all be home complaining about paying a few bucks to park and that you have to bring a clear bag when we literally get the highest quality football for what we spend as a program and as individual fans in the entire freaking country.

We are the mediocrity. This team has deserved better for several years. If you don't like what you see, go to the game and boo them so they can hear your opinion. Nothing says accepting mediocrity more than just posting on a message board.

See you all Saturday. Go Aggies!

If you are offended by my judgement of your fanhood in any way, good. Do something about it.
Can anyone find out how many new season ticket sales have come in since this motivational post was made? :sarcasm: For the record, I already have season tickets, so I will not be home whining on Saturday or the other 5 home games.

Empire of Dirt

Post by Empire of Dirt » September 1st, 2019, 3:48 pm

I hated the Gary Andersen hire and am not glad that he is our head coach. (I think it made us look like a program that is looking backwards and not into the future.) Game 1 was serious Gary de ja vu for me and I honestly can't believe he still coaches this way.

But... I doubled my season tickets and donation this year. I will be at every home game and at least a couple of away games. I hope I'm completely wrong about the hire and that someone can quote this post and tell me how wrong I was.

And... How nice is it that we can still have a great season even after that loss?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"If you are not an Aggie Fan you are a complete loser." -Kyle Gunther

Locked Previous topicNext topic