If we were to beat LSU

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Aggie19

Re: If we were to beat LSU

Post by Aggie19 » October 1st, 2019, 1:56 pm

At -28 if that's how the spread ended, would put us on par with Vandy playing LSU. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. It feels bad.

Go Aggies!

OKAggie

Post by OKAggie » October 1st, 2019, 3:47 pm

AGinNEIowa wrote:
October 1st, 2019, 8:46 am
USU78 wrote:
September 30th, 2019, 9:30 pm
It wouldn't exactly be shocking. After all:

"AGGIES vs. POWER 5 OPPONENTS
• In Gary Andersen's five years as Utah State's head coach, the Aggies have been very competitive against Power 5 opponents. In 2009, USU lost at Texas A&M, 38-30. In 2010, the Aggies lost at No. 7 Oklahoma, 31-24. In 2011, USU lost at defending national champion and No. 19 Auburn, 42-38. In 2012, USU defeated Utah, 27-20, at home in overtime, and lost at No. 22 Wisconsin, 16-14. And this year, USU lost at Wake Forest, 38-35. "
OKAggie-
remember that dude who wanted to bet me that they'd clean our clock? Man I wish I had put up the fifty. He sure went quiet after about mid 2nd quarter

I can't believe that's been 9 years ago...
Oh yeah. Every time Landry Jones missed on an a pass, as he did often, I would just say in my best outdoor voice "Sam Bradford would have made that throw." He got a little pissy the first few times, then just got sullen and quiet, and didn't say a word the second half.
These users thanked the author OKAggie for the post:
AGinNEIowa

Nobody here knows anything.

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » October 1st, 2019, 3:55 pm

918AGG wrote:
October 1st, 2019, 1:50 pm
I honestly don't know how, strategically, we could even plan to win this game. We really need to control the ball and manage the pace of the game with the run, but our RB situation is... fluid... I'd like to run J Love more than we have been, but that's way too dangerous... I honestly don't trust any quick out routes against this LSU team's corners. I trust most of our defense, but our corners are going to get eaten alive (they are good Aggie boys, but they are relatively short and relatively slow).

I'm here to predict that we will see a lot of bubble screens, flat routes and TE slants from USU that won't be too successful. I'm here to predict that we will shoot ourselves in the foot very early with turnovers and penalties (bad snaps, a few picks, false starts, etc.), but that we will make the score look acceptably bad by the end of the game (18 - 20 point loss).

It looks like the line has moved in many places to LSU - 28. I don't believe that we will have a hard time covering that line, but damn - if we can't start cleanly snapping the ball every time, we might lose by 93.
I start with stunts and blitz packages that we haven't run all season to try to get the QB to cough up the ball by fumble or by interception. Get a few turnovers and finish drives and see if LSU will tighten up. This is also the game to pull out our trick play book. Be aggressive on 4th and short anywhere on the field. Combine the two and maybe fake FG attempt. But we've got to have the DL continue to stuff the run and get pressure on the QB.

After that I'd just game plan for Woodward to have 37 tackles, a strip sack returned for a TD and an INT returned for a TD. Throw in both a Scarver TD on a kickoff and a punt TD from a pitch on a punt.

usufan1

Post by usufan1 » October 1st, 2019, 5:10 pm

Coloraggie wrote:
918AGG wrote:
I honestly don't know how, strategically, we could even plan to win this game. We really need to control the ball and manage the pace of the game with the run, but our RB situation is... fluid... I'd like to run J Love more than we have been, but that's way too dangerous... I honestly don't trust any quick out routes against this LSU team's corners. I trust most of our defense, but our corners are going to get eaten alive (they are good Aggie boys, but they are relatively short and relatively slow).

I'm here to predict that we will see a lot of bubble screens, flat routes and TE slants from USU that won't be too successful. I'm here to predict that we will shoot ourselves in the foot very early with turnovers and penalties (bad snaps, a few picks, false starts, etc.), but that we will make the score look acceptably bad by the end of the game (18 - 20 point loss).

It looks like the line has moved in many places to LSU - 28. I don't believe that we will have a hard time covering that line, but damn - if we can't start cleanly snapping the ball every time, we might lose by 93.
I start with stunts and blitz packages that we haven't run all season to try to get the QB to cough up the ball by fumble or by interception. Get a few turnovers and finish drives and see if LSU will tighten up. This is also the game to pull out our trick play book. Be aggressive on 4th and short anywhere on the field. Combine the two and maybe fake FG attempt. But we've got to have the DL continue to stuff the run and get pressure on the QB.

After that I'd just game plan for Woodward to have 37 tackles, a strip sack returned for a TD and an INT returned for a TD. Throw in both a Scarver TD on a kickoff and a punt TD from a pitch on a punt.
Or we could just hold them scoreless, and have Tipa get a safety.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » October 1st, 2019, 5:27 pm

Coloraggie wrote:
October 1st, 2019, 3:55 pm
918AGG wrote:

The most important thing in my eyes is scoring first. I hope we get the ball first and Jordan Love comes out swaggy just like he did vs Michigan State last year. Look to Nathan, Thompkins, or Scarver on a deep ball right off the bat and see if we can surprise them a bit and suck the energy out of the stadium. Get a TD or FG and we will feel more confident and they will be a bit on their toes. Otherwise, I don't see us having a chance. We don't want them to score right off the bat, get the stadium into it, and have our players already feeling a bit defeated. The first quarter will be HUGE in how the game goes. If we can keep it close, I think we can keep the game within 17 or so, but if its already a two touchdown game, we could be in for a long game.

Locked Previous topicNext topic