Updated Redshirt Tracker through 9 games

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Updated Redshirt Tracker through 9 games

Post by aggies22 » November 14th, 2019, 4:36 pm

usu99

Re: Updated Redshirt Tracker through 9 games

Post by usu99 » November 14th, 2019, 4:40 pm

So does the fact we have so many guys that haven't played at all mean they are not good enough to use some of their 4 game allotment and help the team now even with all the injuries? That is how I read it.

For all of your IT needs send me a PM!!

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » November 14th, 2019, 4:42 pm

usu99 wrote:
November 14th, 2019, 4:40 pm
So does the fact we have so many guys that haven't played at all mean they are not good enough to use some of their 4 game allotment and help the team now even with all the injuries? That is how I read it.
My thoughts as well. Kind of scares me moving forward.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » November 14th, 2019, 4:48 pm

usu99 wrote:
November 14th, 2019, 4:40 pm
Not at all. It means that we are not beating the $hit out of everyone like we did last year and pulling all our starters and second-team guys by the fourth quarter. Let's not jump ship yet guys, remember we signed our highest-rated signing class ever last season. Let's not write them off before 95% of them even step foot on the playing field. Patience fellas, patience.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
Sl7vkMachismo

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » November 14th, 2019, 5:02 pm

I can't point to any specific quote, but I seem to remember hearing things from Gary Andersen that gave me the impression that he doesn't think much of the redshirt rules. I haven't seen anything that shows me that he and his staff are handling redshirts and using the 4 game rule as adeptly as Wells & Co. did last year. I get we haven't been blowing teams out, but it still feels like an area they aren't planning well in.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » November 14th, 2019, 5:05 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:I can't point to any specific quote, but I seem to remember hearing things from Gary Andersen that gave me the impression that he doesn't think much of the redshirt rules. I haven't seen anything that shows me that he and his staff are handling redshirts and using the 4 game rule as adeptly as Wells & Co. did last year. I get we haven't been blowing teams out, but it still feels like an area they aren't planning well in.
That’s like saying “I know it’s a blizzard, but why isn’t he driving 90 on the freeway.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » November 14th, 2019, 5:12 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:
November 14th, 2019, 5:02 pm
I can't point to any specific quote, but I seem to remember hearing things from Gary Andersen that gave me the impression that he doesn't think much of the redshirt rules. I haven't seen anything that shows me that he and his staff are handling redshirts and using the 4 game rule as adeptly as Wells & Co. did last year. I get we haven't been blowing teams out, but it still feels like an area they aren't planning well in.
I definitely agree with this. Wells seemed to do a great job of it. So far Gary has seemed to adopt a strategy of.
"If you're redshirting we won't play you. If you aren't redshirting we will play you."

Seems pretty shortsighted IMO. There's some valuable strategy here.

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » November 14th, 2019, 5:23 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
November 14th, 2019, 5:05 pm
BigBlueDart wrote:I can't point to any specific quote, but I seem to remember hearing things from Gary Andersen that gave me the impression that he doesn't think much of the redshirt rules. I haven't seen anything that shows me that he and his staff are handling redshirts and using the 4 game rule as adeptly as Wells & Co. did last year. I get we haven't been blowing teams out, but it still feels like an area they aren't planning well in.
That’s like saying “I know it’s a blizzard, but why isn’t he driving 90 on the freeway.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I obey the speed limit, thank you.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » November 14th, 2019, 6:59 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
November 14th, 2019, 5:12 pm
BigBlueDart wrote:
I definitely agree with this. Wells seemed to do a great job of it. So far Gary has seemed to adopt a strategy of.
"If you're redshirting we won't play you. If you aren't redshirting we will play you."

As I stated earlier, Wells had the luxury of pounding the opposition and playing the true freshmen much of the 4th quarter.

usu99

Post by usu99 » November 15th, 2019, 8:49 am

But with all the injuries why are some of these guys not seeing the field now, that is the question.

For all of your IT needs send me a PM!!

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » November 15th, 2019, 9:14 am

aggies22 wrote:
November 14th, 2019, 6:59 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
November 14th, 2019, 5:12 pm
BigBlueDart wrote:

As I stated earlier, Wells had the luxury of pounding the opposition and playing the true freshmen much of the 4th quarter.
Leave it to aggie fans to not let the FACTS get into the way of a quality analysis. :lol:

Locked Previous topicNext topic