Early return of missionaries

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AggiePT

Early return of missionaries

Post by AggiePT » March 25th, 2020, 8:14 am

What kind of impact, if any, does this have on the coming year of football recruits? Do we know of any guys we will have available for this season that were expected to still be out on a mission?

Chatman

Re: Early return of missionaries

Post by Chatman » March 25th, 2020, 7:55 pm

AggiePT wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 8:14 am
What kind of impact, if any, does this have on the coming year of football recruits? Do we know of any guys we will have available for this season that were expected to still be out on a mission?
That’s an interesting question. I imagine that most coming home will be early enough out on their mission that they plan to return when this is over

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » March 25th, 2020, 10:44 pm

AggiePT wrote:
There are three that might have been close enough that they could join the team this summer. Those three are, OL Seni Tuiaki, LB/DE Johnson Hansen and LB Karene Reid. The real question is if we have the scholarship room to add them? We are currently hovering around the 80 scholarship mark.

The missionaries that were signed with the 2019 class will likely all remain out in the field somewhere within the United States for the time being. I know that Cole Motes is one of those that is going to be reassigned.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » March 26th, 2020, 5:49 am

aggies22 wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 10:44 pm
AggiePT wrote:
There are three that might have been close enough that they could join the team this summer. Those three are, OL Seni Tuiaki, LB/DE Johnson Hansen and LB Karene Reid. The real question is if we have the scholarship room to add them? We are currently hovering around the 80 scholarship mark.

The missionaries that were signed with the 2019 class will likely all remain out in the field somewhere within the United States for the time being. I know that Cole Motes is one of those that is going to be reassigned.
I’m excited for those 3 that you mentioned. What about crew wakley? Imagine his timeline is similar?

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » March 26th, 2020, 6:01 am

slcagg wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 5:49 am
aggies22 wrote:
AggiePT wrote:

I’m excited for those 3 that you mentioned. What about crew wakley? Imagine his timeline is similar?
With Crew already being announced as a member of the 2020 class, I'm already counting his scholarship and I have included him in my preliminary fall camp depth chart. The three I mentioned previously are uncertain because currently they have not yet been announced. With the apparent losses of Mo Uasike and Aric Davison, I could see Seni Tuiaki being added prior to fall camp.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » March 26th, 2020, 6:04 am

aggies22 wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 6:01 am
slcagg wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
AggiePT wrote:

With Crew already being announced as a member of the 2020 class, I'm already counting his scholarship and I have included him in my preliminary fall camp depth chart. The three I mentioned previously are uncertain because currently they have not yet been announced. With the apparent losses of Mo Uasike and Aric Davison, I could see Seni Tuiaki being added prior to fall camp.
Thanks for the update.

Speaking of departures, did we ever get confirmation if Hale M is not with the team any longer?

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » March 26th, 2020, 6:04 am

slcagg wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 6:04 am
aggies22 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
AggiePT wrote:

Thanks for the update.

Speaking of departures, did we ever get confirmation if Hale M is not with the team any longer?
I have not.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » March 26th, 2020, 6:08 am

aggies22 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
AggiePT wrote:

Thanks for the update.

I have not.
Just looked still not on the roster on the website.

One interesting thing I noticed is hunter hill is listed as a soph. I did not realize he played more than 4 games.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » March 26th, 2020, 7:10 am

slcagg wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 6:08 am
aggies22 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
AggiePT wrote:

Thanks for the update.

I have not.
Just looked still not on the roster on the website.

One interesting thing I noticed is hunter hill is listed as a soph. I did not realize he played more than 4 games.
That's a typo. Hunter Hill did not play in 2019.

Locked Previous topicNext topic