Shelley dismissed

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Elkaggie

Re: Shelley dismissed

Post by Elkaggie » November 24th, 2020, 6:43 pm

AGGIEFIGHT wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 1:51 pm
There are several ways this could have gone down. First the coaches could have dismissed him from the team as most of us assume. Another possibility was the teams leadership council met and voted him off the team. I have heard the latter was
a strong possibility.
Frank in a round about kind of way said this in his interview with Scotty and Hans today. I think you are onto something here.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » November 24th, 2020, 6:52 pm

El Sapo wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 1:31 pm
Elkaggie wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 1:22 pm
splintorb wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 1:19 pm
And do we honestly think that the coaches and AD didn't have viable reasons? Why do we jump to the conclusion that this was ONLY from the one game and ONLY from what is shown on the field? They shouldn't disclose reasons to the general public, that can end up hurting the player even more.
This. Thank you
While Shelley could have been a real monster, a multiple violator of our team standards. Evidence shows that wasn't the case. GA and Frank both chose to start him at QB. He started every game for us at QB. Why would different coaches do that with a monster?
The Urban Meyer coaching line is not known to me for highly valuing ethics. It’s not unique to that tree. But it’s also no secret that Gary valued immediate contributors even those that had checkered pasts and were probably “higher risk”.

AKAggie03

Post by AKAggie03 » November 25th, 2020, 4:52 am

Im in the thinking that while we may never know what really happened, other coaching candidates and recruits will want/need to know what happened as it may deter some from coming here until they know they wont be fired/kicked off the team for bad play or minor team rule violations

--For every Aggie victory, I'm going streaking on the quad!

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 25th, 2020, 6:54 am

AKAggie03 wrote:
November 25th, 2020, 4:52 am
Im in the thinking that while we may never know what really happened, other coaching candidates and recruits will want/need to know what happened as it may deter some from coming here until they know they wont be fired/kicked off the team for bad play or minor team rule violations
Coach candidates know Gary was fired cause of how our program declined in a short period of time. And even if the perception among recruits is that Shelley was kicked of the team for on-field performance or some little thing, they wouldn't be bothered by that if we have a new coach who had nothing to do with it.
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post:
El Sapo

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » November 26th, 2020, 11:35 am

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
November 25th, 2020, 6:54 am
AKAggie03 wrote:
Coach candidates know Gary was fired cause of how our program declined in a short period of time. And even if the perception among recruits is that Shelley was kicked of the team for on-field performance or some little thing, they wouldn't be bothered by that if we have a new coach who had nothing to do with it.
Insiders in the coaching profession probably knew what/who GA was. They already knew why he can't coach. Now his whole staff is tainted by association. Shelly, Thompins and other players who choose to leave will be welcomed with open arms on other programs like Henry C was. I wonder if Henry C's dad knew about GA? Bottom line, we need o flush this coaching staff and start fresh Clean slate.

The positive spin is that as a coach it's harder to follow a successful guy. Gotta figure our coaching candidates are going to look at 2021 USU football and think GA 2.0 was a total basket case, and they can easily do much better. I seriously think I could assemble a coaching staff from this board and we couldn't possibly have been worse than GA 2.0.

The negative is that GA and his coaching staff lost/alienated players. Really good players. The new coach will probably argue that he needs 3-4 years to fix things, and that mindset could cost us even more players. Players who aren't willing to spend their remaining eligibility playing for a non-competitive team.

Hartwell better get his resume in order.

JonnyCienPesos

Shelley dismissed

Post by JonnyCienPesos » November 26th, 2020, 11:48 am

El Sapo wrote:
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
AKAggie03 wrote:
Insiders in the coaching profession probably knew what/who GA was. They already knew why he can't coach. Now his whole staff is tainted by association. Shelly, Thompins and other players who choose to leave will be welcomed with open arms on other programs like Henry C was. I wonder if Henry C's dad knew about GA? Bottom line, we need o flush this coaching staff and start fresh Clean slate.

The positive spin is that as a coach it's harder to follow a successful guy. Gotta figure our coaching candidates are going to look at 2021 USU football and think GA 2.0 was a total basket case, and they can easily do much better. I seriously think I could assemble a coaching staff from this board and we couldn't possibly have been worse than GA 2.0.

The negative is that GA and his coaching staff lost/alienated players. Really good players. The new coach will probably argue that he needs 3-4 years to fix things, and that mindset could cost us even more players. Players who aren't willing to spend their remaining eligibility playing for a non-competitive team.

Everyone is well aware of Hartwell’s resume. That’s why he is/will be a candidate for any and every AD job that has or will open up. If you think Hartwell is going to get fired here you aren’t very bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ha
These users thanked the author JonnyCienPesos for the post (total 2):
El SapocdaAg

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » November 26th, 2020, 11:55 am

JonnyCienPesos wrote:
November 26th, 2020, 11:48 am
El Sapo wrote:
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
AKAggie03 wrote:

Everyone is well aware of Hartwell’s resume. That’s why he is/will be a candidate for any and every AD job that has or will open up. If you think Hartwell is going to get fired here you aren’t very bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ha
The stadium will be empty next season, and not because of the corona. Agree he can find another job, he won't be fired.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 26th, 2020, 12:20 pm

El Sapo wrote:
November 26th, 2020, 11:35 am

You have to think it will come up in the interview process how quickly a coach has a vision he can turn it around. And John is going to hire someone who thinks he can at least make us competitive and winning a few games next year as opposed to one that thinks he needs four years.
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post:
El Sapo

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » November 26th, 2020, 1:37 pm

Sapo you have some of the most inexplicable and irrational post that I've ever have to read.
These users thanked the author JFW_AGGIES for the post (total 2):
El SapoBustaMcNutt

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » November 26th, 2020, 2:09 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
November 26th, 2020, 12:20 pm
El Sapo wrote:
November 26th, 2020, 11:35 am

You have to think it will come up in the interview process how quickly a coach has a vision he can turn it around. And John is going to hire someone who thinks he can at least make us competitive and winning a few games next year as opposed to one that thinks he needs four years.
Agree, and the candidate could argue both. "I'm gonna turn it around and it might happen fast.....but let's be realistic, you need to consider what I'm working with, consider what GA and Frank and the rest did to this program."

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » November 26th, 2020, 2:13 pm

JFW_AGGIES wrote:
November 26th, 2020, 1:37 pm
Sapo you have some of the most inexplicable and irrational post that I've ever have to read.
It's what I do!
These users thanked the author El Sapo for the post:
cdaAg

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » November 27th, 2020, 9:20 pm

El Sapo wrote:
Elkaggie wrote:
splintorb wrote:
And do we honestly think that the coaches and AD didn't have viable reasons? Why do we jump to the conclusion that this was ONLY from the one game and ONLY from what is shown on the field? They shouldn't disclose reasons to the general public, that can end up hurting the player even more.
This. Thank you
While Shelley could have been a real monster, a multiple violator of our team standards. Evidence shows that wasn't the case. GA and Frank both chose to start him at QB. He started every game for us at QB. Why would different coaches do that with a monster?
Shelley was being toxic on the sideline, carried it into the locker room. Sunday morning coaches had a meeting with him and he was not contrite blaming, coaches, the play calls, and his teammates for him getting benched, again spewing verbal diahrea. I was not there, but that is what happened.
These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post:
slcagg

Hail Aggies!

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » November 27th, 2020, 9:52 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 9:20 pm
El Sapo wrote:
Elkaggie wrote:
splintorb wrote:
This. Thank you
Shelley was being toxic on the sideline, carried it into the locker room. Sunday morning coaches had a meeting with him and he was not contrite blaming, coaches, the play calls, and his teammates for him getting benched, again spewing verbal diahrea. I was not there, but that is what happened.
Coach Maile did not have a choice but to start Shelley. His choice started Thursday

Being disrespectful by pushing the coaching headset away showed how he really felt about being a teamplayer
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post:
USU78

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » November 28th, 2020, 11:33 am

taniataylor wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 9:52 pm
TheAKAggie wrote:
El Sapo wrote:
Elkaggie wrote:
splintorb wrote:
This. Thank you
Coach Maile did not have a choice but to start Shelley. His choice started Thursday

Being disrespectful by pushing the coaching headset away showed how he really felt about being a teamplayer
We're 0-4 and the HC has been fired. Everything is FUBAR. Our QB, the guy taking most of the blame blows up in frustration and he gets kicked off the team? And he gets kicked off the team by a group of coaches who aren't even going to be around next season? How does it get worse?

Shelley was correct to blame the coaches, play calls and his teammates for getting him benched. He was clearly frustrated during the Nevada game and should not have played against Fresno. When it got to the point that he wasn't able to handle his emotions anymore, the coaches should have protected him, not kick him off the team.

Bobby Wagner physically attacked a coach during a game and wasn't punished. Probably because he was right to be angry. Like Shelley

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » November 28th, 2020, 12:14 pm

El Sapo wrote:
November 28th, 2020, 11:33 am
taniataylor wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:
El Sapo wrote:
Elkaggie wrote:
splintorb wrote:
This. Thank you

We're 0-4 and the HC has been fired. Everything is FUBAR. Our QB, the guy taking most of the blame blows up in frustration and he gets kicked off the team? And he gets kicked off the team by a group of coaches who aren't even going to be around next season? How does it get worse?

Shelley was correct to blame the coaches, play calls and his teammates for getting him benched. He was clearly frustrated during the Nevada game and should not have played against Fresno. When it got to the point that he wasn't able to handle his emotions anymore, the coaches should have protected him, not kick him off the team.

Bobby Wagner physically attacked a coach during a game and wasn't punished. Probably because he was right to be angry. Like Shelley
Soooooo....if it’s ok for Shelley not to accept a coaching moment” via the headset during a game and to blatently say “fck em, fck em all” then why wouldnt it be ok for each player to do that? He wasnt passing well, period, so he blames the team for his wobbly or poorly directed balls? A QB is supposed to lead, not pout and disrespect his coaches.
As a child were you not supposed to respect a substitute teacher as you would your regular teacher? Coach Maile has been around USU FOR YEARS, he doesnt deserve respect from JS because he’s not the head coach? I call BS!
Shelley should have blamed himself for accepting a QB position of which he could not perform.
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post (total 3):
newtonianblueLarryTheAggieBustaMcNutt

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 28th, 2020, 12:17 pm

taniataylor wrote:
November 28th, 2020, 12:14 pm
El Sapo wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:
El Sapo wrote:
Elkaggie wrote:
splintorb wrote:
This. Thank you

Soooooo....if it’s ok for Shelley not to accept a coaching moment” via the headset during a game and to blatently say “fck em, fck em all” then why wouldnt it be ok for each player to do that? He wasnt passing well, period, so he blames the team for his wobbly or poorly directed balls? A QB is supposed to lead, not pout and disrespect his coaches.
As a child were you not supposed to respect a substitute teacher as you would your regular teacher? Coach Maile has been around USU FOR YEARS, he doesnt deserve respect from JS because he’s not the head coach? I call BS!
Shelley should have blamed himself for accepting a QB position of which he could not perform.
Shelley was just plain bad at playing QB. Sure the coaching was not great, but the fact of the matter was Shelley was not moving the chains. Sure we were playing NM, but Peasley absolutely played great and I am not certain that Shelley would have been much different than his first 3 games. You could also see the fire in the team which was not there when Shelley was playing QB.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
Slim80

Slim80

Post by Slim80 » November 28th, 2020, 12:59 pm

El Sapo wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:
El Sapo wrote:
Elkaggie wrote:
splintorb wrote:
This. Thank you

What games were you watching Sap? To imply that Shelley should deflect blame to the coaches and players is simply wrong. He played like crap and acted like a jerk on the sidelines........those are things we all saw with our own eyes so we know they happened. Who knows what went on behind closed doors. He is responsible for doing that, not the coaches and not his teammates.

AKAggie03

Post by AKAggie03 » November 28th, 2020, 1:35 pm

Sapo must be a friend of shelly..... hes very defensive of him.
Leadership starts with coaches, but players lead too, and shelly did not do that From what i was able to see.
These users thanked the author AKAggie03 for the post:
AggieArmy

--For every Aggie victory, I'm going streaking on the quad!

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » November 28th, 2020, 1:44 pm

AKAggie03 wrote:
November 28th, 2020, 1:35 pm
Sapo must be a friend of shelly..... hes very defensive of him.
Leadership starts with coaches, but players lead too, and shelly did not do that From what i was able to see.
He needs to go back to school and learn how to more effectively apply the use rhetoric.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » November 28th, 2020, 5:37 pm

El Sapo wrote:

And if afterward, coaches sat him down and said "wtf was that?" and Wagner owned it, made amends, apologized, and continued to rack up 15 tackles a game, then he should totally have stayed on the team.
These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post (total 2):
BustaMcNuttAggieArmy

Hail Aggies!

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » December 3rd, 2020, 10:20 am

Elkaggie wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 6:43 pm
AGGIEFIGHT wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 1:51 pm
There are several ways this could have gone down. First the coaches could have dismissed him from the team as most of us assume. Another possibility was the teams leadership council met and voted him off the team. I have heard the latter was
a strong possibility.
Frank in a round about kind of way said this in his interview with Scotty and Hans today. I think you are onto something here.
Having read your reasoned posts over a period of time, I would be inclined to believe the team leadership council played a major hand in dismissing Shelley.
These users thanked the author NavyBlueAggie for the post:
USU78

Locked Previous topicNext topic