Shelley dismissed

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Madmartigan

Re: Shelley dismissed

Post by Madmartigan » November 16th, 2020, 6:27 pm

taniataylor wrote:
November 16th, 2020, 6:03 pm
Madmartigan wrote:
November 16th, 2020, 3:01 pm
GrandPoubah wrote:
November 16th, 2020, 2:11 pm
You have a young man over the summer say some pretty divisive and racial things publicly and he is reinstated to the football team but declined to continue playing and is probably still in scholarship.

Another young man was passionate and may have said some divisive things and was dismissed from the team???

Given the racial issues on the team I’ve seen already, something about an equipment guy, I can only imagine how alienated the young black men feel right now.

I’m not privy of exactly what happened, but it seems inconsistent.
And this is the crux of everything wrong with what you said in this post. You need to have all the details to comment intelligently.
Ive gotten to know about 10 of the players when I come up and none of them have expressed that they feel alienated during team interactions, in fact they are quite united. Jordan has had an experience with a family on family day that was all over him but less than a week later saw said family in Walmart that kinda treated him cold but other than that....the team is strong together
I appreciate the color and insight you provide. What are we going to do when Jordan graduates?!

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » November 16th, 2020, 6:30 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
November 16th, 2020, 6:27 pm
taniataylor wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
GrandPoubah wrote:
You have a young man over the summer say some pretty divisive and racial things publicly and he is reinstated to the football team but declined to continue playing and is probably still in scholarship.

Another young man was passionate and may have said some divisive things and was dismissed from the team???

Given the racial issues on the team I’ve seen already, something about an equipment guy, I can only imagine how alienated the young black men feel right now.

And this is the crux of everything wrong with what you said in this post. You need to have all the details to comment intelligently.
Ive gotten to know about 10 of the players when I come up and none of them have expressed that they feel alienated during team interactions, in fact they are quite united. Jordan has had an experience with a family on family day that was all over him but less than a week later saw said family in Walmart that kinda treated him cold but other than that....the team is strong together
I appreciate the color and insight you provide. What are we going to do when Jordan graduates?!
Maybe another MaMa will join

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » November 16th, 2020, 9:19 pm

taniataylor wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
GrandPoubah wrote:

We've been over this Tania, it's not that I was cold, I was just surprised that someone could fit 18 30 racks of Coor's Light into one shopping cart.
These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post (total 3):
taniataylorIdaAg93tjensen_25

Hail Aggies!

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » November 16th, 2020, 9:24 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
November 16th, 2020, 9:19 pm
taniataylor wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
GrandPoubah wrote:

We've been over this Tania, it's not that I was cold, I was just surprised that someone could fit 18 30 racks of Coor's Light into one shopping cart.
I
MISSED
YOU!!!

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » November 16th, 2020, 9:41 pm

GrandPoubah wrote:

What’s this about an equipment guy?

Where only sage brush grows

GUS

Post by GUS » November 16th, 2020, 10:07 pm

Kent Baer is no longer the equipment guy even though he was good at it and had done a ton to set up the end zone building.

aggieman2828

Post by aggieman2828 » November 16th, 2020, 10:19 pm

GUS wrote:Kent Baer is no longer the equipment guy even though he was good at it and had done a ton to set up the end zone building.
You mean Mike Bair

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

GUS

Post by GUS » November 17th, 2020, 6:22 pm

Sorry, yep it was Mike Baer.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » November 17th, 2020, 6:40 pm

taniataylor wrote:
November 16th, 2020, 9:24 pm
TheAKAggie wrote:
November 16th, 2020, 9:19 pm
taniataylor wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
GrandPoubah wrote:

I
MISSED
YOU!!!
I'm posting most over on Parler now, @akaggiecamgurl69, like and follow!
These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post:
taniataylor

Hail Aggies!

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » November 24th, 2020, 12:55 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
November 16th, 2020, 2:33 pm
GrandPoubah wrote:

Passionate? Are you kidding me? Passionate?

Did you see passion on that field or sideline? Honestly. What did you see?

What I saw was someone who could not care less about the blue and white. I

If it appeared that Shelley was in anyway passionate I would expect it to blow over in a “close the door and cuss each other out and figure it out” session.

He sat in the corner moping around by himself on the bench. He wasn’t going around and encouraging teammates. He wasn’t talking with coaches. He was moping while the game was very winnable.

He didn’t even put on the headset until someone physically put it on him. He looked atrocious.

But maybe that’s just me.
Football is a game of emotion. Bobby F-ing Wagner attacked a coach in the locker room out of pure frustration during halftime in one of our games. That's way worse that anything Shelley did. Was he kicked off the team? Players and coaches usually forgive emotional actions like that on the field, on the sidelines, during or after the game in the locker room. It's considered in "the heat of the moment." This unwritten rule is especially true if that player is the leader of your offense or defense. Losing Shelley is a damning failure of the post GA coaching staff. Maybe even Hartwell. I hope he wasn't supportive of that decision.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 24th, 2020, 1:01 pm

El Sapo wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 12:55 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
GrandPoubah wrote:

If it appeared that Shelley was in anyway passionate I would expect it to blow over in a “close the door and cuss each other out and figure it out” session.

He sat in the corner moping around by himself on the bench. He wasn’t going around and encouraging teammates. He wasn’t talking with coaches. He was moping while the game was very winnable.

He didn’t even put on the headset until someone physically put it on him. He looked atrocious.

Football is a game of emotion. Bobby F-ing Wagner attacked a coach in the locker room out of pure frustration during halftime in one of our games. That's way worse that anything Shelley did. Was he kicked off the team? Players and coaches usually forgive emotional actions like that on the field, on the sidelines, during or after the game in the locker room. It's considered in "the heat of the moment." This unwritten rule is especially true if that player is the leader of your offense or defense. Losing Shelley is a damning failure of the post GA coaching staff. Maybe even Hartwell. I hope he wasn't supportive of that decision.
I agree. Without more evidence, I am not a fan of him being kicked off the team. I get everyone's frustration with his play and supported him being benched, but flat out kicked off the team is extreme. If someone has more evidence that can justify that decision, I'll readjust my take, but right now it is not a good look.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
El Sapo

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » November 24th, 2020, 1:15 pm

At this point, I couldn't care less. He sucked on the field, he sucked as a teammate. We are better with him gone.

splintorb

Post by splintorb » November 24th, 2020, 1:19 pm

And do we honestly think that the coaches and AD didn't have viable reasons? Why do we jump to the conclusion that this was ONLY from the one game and ONLY from what is shown on the field? They shouldn't disclose reasons to the general public, that can end up hurting the player even more.
These users thanked the author splintorb for the post (total 3):
El SapoBustaMcNuttSlim80

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » November 24th, 2020, 1:22 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 1:01 pm
El Sapo wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
GrandPoubah wrote:

I agree. Without more evidence, I am not a fan of him being kicked off the team. I get everyone's frustration with his play and supported him being benched, but flat out kicked off the team is extreme. If someone has more evidence that can justify that decision, I'll readjust my take, but right now it is not a good look.
Unfortunately I doubt we'll ever hear what really happened. Maybe some snippets will slip out. But with so many unfounded theories and speculation, it's going to be nearly impossible to actually know. Coaching feuds, and/or racial tension? Was whatever happened bad enough to destroy or FB program? Or, was it the response? The failure to properly address the issue. Did that destroy our FB program?

I can guess that once the school administrators start seeing the cost of this disaster in lost dollars? Hartwell might need to freshen up his resume.

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » November 24th, 2020, 1:22 pm

splintorb wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 1:19 pm
And do we honestly think that the coaches and AD didn't have viable reasons? Why do we jump to the conclusion that this was ONLY from the one game and ONLY from what is shown on the field? They shouldn't disclose reasons to the general public, that can end up hurting the player even more.
This. Thank you
These users thanked the author Elkaggie for the post:
PIGSKINAGGIE

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » November 24th, 2020, 1:31 pm

Elkaggie wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 1:22 pm
splintorb wrote:
This. Thank you
While Shelley could have been a real monster, a multiple violator of our team standards. Evidence shows that wasn't the case. GA and Frank both chose to start him at QB. He started every game for us at QB. Why would different coaches do that with a monster?

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » November 24th, 2020, 1:38 pm

Time to move forward.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post:
El Sapo

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » November 24th, 2020, 1:40 pm

Frank didn't choose to start him. Frank was hamstrung by Peasley testing positive.

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » November 24th, 2020, 1:44 pm

El Sapo wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 1:31 pm
Elkaggie wrote:
splintorb wrote:
This. Thank you
While Shelley could have been a real monster, a multiple violator of our team standards. Evidence shows that wasn't the case. GA and Frank both chose to start him at QB. He started every game for us at QB. Why would different coaches do that with a monster?
What evidence is that? Very few of us knows anything and we're not supposed to know, it's none of our business. He started his last game after he had been demoted, but then Peasley got yanked for covid. Shelley isn't part of this team anymore, it doesn't really matter what the details are.
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post:
splintorb

Go Aggies!

splintorb

Post by splintorb » November 24th, 2020, 1:46 pm

Aggie19 wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 1:44 pm
El Sapo wrote:
Elkaggie wrote:
splintorb wrote:
This. Thank you
What evidence is that? Very few of us knows anything and we're not supposed to know, it's none of our business. He started his last game after he had been demoted, but then Peasley got yanked for covid. Shelley isn't part of this team anymore, it doesn't really matter what the details are.
This, and why should we the general public know the entirety of it? That seems ridiculous and in no one's best interest. There is no way that these guys dismissed a player off the team without serious accusations...that is just crazy to think they would do that.
These users thanked the author splintorb for the post:
Aggie19

AGGIEFIGHT
Has thanked: 0

Post by AGGIEFIGHT » November 24th, 2020, 1:51 pm

There are several ways this could have gone down. First the coaches could have dismissed him from the team as most of us assume. Another possibility was the teams leadership council met and voted him off the team. I have heard the latter was
a strong possibility.
These users thanked the author AGGIEFIGHT for the post (total 2):
USU78aggies22

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » November 24th, 2020, 2:10 pm

El Sapo wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 1:01 pm
El Sapo wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
GrandPoubah wrote:

Unfortunately I doubt we'll ever hear what really happened. Maybe some snippets will slip out. But with so many unfounded theories and speculation, it's going to be nearly impossible to actually know. Coaching feuds, and/or racial tension? Was whatever happened bad enough to destroy or FB program? Or, was it the response? The failure to properly address the issue. Did that destroy our FB program?

I can guess that once the school administrators start seeing the cost of this disaster in lost dollars? Hartwell might need to freshen up his resume.
Nah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » November 24th, 2020, 2:18 pm

splintorb wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 1:46 pm
Aggie19 wrote:
El Sapo wrote:
Elkaggie wrote:
splintorb wrote:
This. Thank you
This, and why should we the general public know the entirety of it? That seems ridiculous and in no one's best interest. There is no way that these guys dismissed a player off the team without serious accusations...that is just crazy to think they would do that.
Really?
:cheers:
How crazy is it that Henry C left the program? How crazy is it that GA was fired and now his offensive staff is getting demoted/released? How crazy is it that the team this coaching staff put on the field is statistically one of the worst teams in Division 1 FB on both sides of the ball?

I'm supposed to believe Shelley was treated fairly by those same inept coaches? But crazy to think that maybe he was scapegoated, or caught up as part of some internal coaching feud, or simply dumped to cover their sorry asses?

That's not crazy, it's fanatical. It's why I post here. To share my uninformed opinions with similar uninformed USU FB fanaticals
Last edited by El Sapo on November 24th, 2020, 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 24th, 2020, 2:20 pm

splintorb wrote:
I'm doing the opposite of jumping to conclusions. I obviously don't have any information on Shelley other than what we already know and I am not asking for more, but with that limited information, I don't like the idea of kicking a guy off the team. Bench him for performance, discipline him for bad behavior, but flat out kicking a player off the team? I hope he did something that warranted it.
El Sapo

splintorb

Post by splintorb » November 24th, 2020, 2:22 pm

El Sapo wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 2:18 pm
splintorb wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:
El Sapo wrote:
Elkaggie wrote:
splintorb wrote:
This. Thank you
Really?
How crazy is it that Henry C left the program? How crazy is it that GA was fired and now his offensive staff is getting demoted/released? How crazy is it that the team this coaching staff put on the field is statistically one of the worst teams in Division 1 FB on both sides of the ball?

I'm supposed to believe Shelley was treated fairly by those same inept coaches? Maybe scapegoated, or caught up as part of some internal coaching feud, or simply dumped to cover their sorry asses?

That's not crazy, it's fanatical. It's why I post here. To share my uninformed opinions with similar uninformed USU FB fanaticals
You're all over the place man...we are discussing that Shelley was dismissed for the team MOST LIKELY for reasons not just seen on TV. Henry C left the team because of our coach and the decision to bring in an inept QB to replace him and most likely to start over him. This same coach we are talking about with this decision did NOT decide to "dismiss" Shelley, it actually happened AFTER the coach that made the awful decision to bring in Shelley was let go...so, what do these two things have anything in common with one another?

AND you're assuming the GA firing/let go was "crazy" when we have 0 details on the matter. How come you assume it was "crazy" instead of assume that it was warranted or "needed"?
These users thanked the author splintorb for the post:
El Sapo

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » November 24th, 2020, 2:44 pm

El Sapo wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 2:18 pm
splintorb wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:
El Sapo wrote:
Elkaggie wrote:
splintorb wrote:
This. Thank you
Really?

I'm supposed to believe Shelley was treated fairly by those same inept coaches? But crazy to think that maybe he was scapegoated, or caught up as part of some internal coaching feud, or simply dumped to cover their sorry asses?

Hey Sapo watched any good conspiracy theories lately? You need to chill no one with any info is going to tell you a DAM thing!
These users thanked the author JFW_AGGIES for the post:
El Sapo

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » November 24th, 2020, 3:02 pm

Time to move forward.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 24th, 2020, 3:04 pm

The whole football program has been a disaster. Not sure what happened to get him kicked off the team. Obviously something happened and he was let go. It was clear from the way he acted that he was not a great team player. They decided to cut ties with him and I don't have a problem with that. Shelley is not the only problem with the football program. GA was allowed to come in and take over the reins and it was obvious based on how everything is playing out that GA was not the right person for the job. If it was truly egregious I have not seen Shelley going to the media calling fire about how everything went down. In the age of political correctness where everything is magnified to the nth degree I tend to believe they had valid reasons to let him go.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 24th, 2020, 3:05 pm

brownjeans wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 3:02 pm
Time to move forward.
Love you dude, but you are welcome to sit out certain threads you don't want to participate in.
AggieArmy

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » November 24th, 2020, 3:07 pm

November 24th, 2020, 3:05 pm
brownjeans wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 3:02 pm
Time to move forward.
Love you dude, but you are welcome to sit out certain threads you don't want to participate in.
Honestly, I just want to see how many times I could write that without anyone caring.

Not too many it seems. Oh well.

Time to move forward. ;)
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post (total 2):
AggieArmyAggiePT

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » November 24th, 2020, 3:12 pm

I heard Shelley murdered someone while eating food paid for by scholarship money, thus the school is trying to cover it up to avoid being sued.

Additionally, it's well-evidenced and documented that GA had sexual relations with many, many people. This is not a bad thing, but it is a thing that happened and led to his ultimate dismissal from the head coach position.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post:
El Sapo

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » November 24th, 2020, 3:14 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 3:04 pm
The whole football program has been a disaster. Not sure what happened to get him kicked off the team. Obviously something happened and he was let go. It was clear from the way he acted that he was not a great team player. They decided to cut ties with him and I don't have a problem with that. Shelley is not the only problem with the football program. GA was allowed to come in and take over the reins and it was obvious based on how everything is playing out that GA was not the right person for the job. If it was truly egregious I have not seen Shelley going to the media calling fire about how everything went down. In the age of political correctness where everything is magnified to the nth degree I tend to believe they had valid reasons to let him go.
:cheers: usually it's the coach or the player that leaves. Here it looks like people are siding with the coaches. Fine. I'm just frustrated that in this case, the worst possible case, we lose the player(s) (Shelley, Thompson as of now) and probably ALL the coaches.

I don't think it had to be that way.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » November 24th, 2020, 3:23 pm

El Sapo wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 3:14 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
November 24th, 2020, 3:04 pm
:cheers: usually it's the coach or the player that leaves. Here it looks like people are siding with the coaches. Fine. I'm just frustrated that in this case, the worst possible case, we lose the player(s) (Shelley, Thompson as of now) and probably ALL the coaches.

I don't think it had to be that way.
This way was paved when we let boosters hire our coach. It was only waiting to be driven.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 24th, 2020, 3:58 pm

El Sapo wrote:
Football is a game of emotion. Bobby F-ing Wagner attacked a coach in the locker room out of pure frustration during halftime in one of our games. That's way worse that anything Shelley did. Was he kicked off the team? Players and coaches usually forgive emotional actions like that on the field, on the sidelines, during or after the game in the locker room.
From which staff, the Guy staff or GA 1.0 staff?

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » November 24th, 2020, 6:17 pm

El Sapo wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
GrandPoubah wrote:

And Bobby Wagner brought it every game. Shelley didn’t. Bobby Wagner earned the right to be intense in the locker room because he was intense on the field.

Lebron James can call himself King James because he’s the best basketball player in the world.

But if I crown myself King Rain - then it’d be fair to say “the only thing you’re ever gonna be a king of is king of the stupids” because I’m not the best at anything.

If Shelley wants to be critical he needed to make sure he brought it- and he didnt, not by talent or effort.

It’s the lack of emotion that bothered me. He was caught in the mildness of the moment vs Fresno.

Locked Previous topicNext topic