players on utah state leadership council

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
tipitup
Pick'em Champ - '18 WTHCG

players on utah state leadership council

Post by tipitup » December 11th, 2020, 7:10 pm

How many players are on the leadership council? if i'm reading right the initial statement was in a meeting with them and not the whole team, am i seeing this right? then it had the anonymous poll, then the team meeting on friday. so outside of the leadership council, crockett and hartwell no one else knows what was said. so anything the rest of the team heard was passed on from the leadership council and the decision made from those statements. Is that how it went down, from what we know?
These users thanked the author tipitup for the post:
USU78

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Re: players on utah state leadership council

Post by USU78 » December 11th, 2020, 7:14 pm

tipitup wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 7:10 pm
How many players are on the leadership council? if i'm reading right the initial statement was in a meeting with them and not the whole team, am i seeing this right? then it had the anonymous poll, then the team meeting on friday. so outside of the leadership council, crockett and hartwell no one else knows what was said. so anything the rest of the team heard was passed on from the leadership council and the decision made from those statements. Is that how it went down, from what we know?
The poll was conducted by a single player. I've got a guess as to who.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

AgMac

Post by AgMac » December 11th, 2020, 7:15 pm

These are incredibly important facts not being discussed.
These users thanked the author AgMac for the post:
ChowderAggie

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » December 11th, 2020, 7:17 pm

tipitup wrote:
That’s how I have interpreted this as well.

Where only sage brush grows

Smokin Joe

Post by Smokin Joe » December 11th, 2020, 7:38 pm

USU78 wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 7:14 pm
tipitup wrote:
The snow-flake-in-chief no doubt. Can you give us hints as to her name?

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » December 11th, 2020, 7:49 pm

Smokin Joe wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 7:38 pm
USU78 wrote:
tipitup wrote:
I beg you guys to put a stop to this garbage right now. This type of speculation will only make things worse
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post (total 4):
BLUERUFiOAggieFBObsessionDwigtsockpuppet

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » December 11th, 2020, 7:56 pm

GeoAg wrote:
Smokin Joe wrote:
USU78 wrote:
tipitup wrote:
I beg you guys to put a stop to this garbage right now. This type of speculation will only make things worse
Right? They're are quite a few posters on this board need to take a break for a bit and let this play out. There's no good that will come from it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author bigblue for the post:
AggieFBObsession

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » December 11th, 2020, 8:08 pm

When I was in college at Utah State, a petition was circulated in my department to have one of the professors fired because he was a poor lecturer. And, in truth, he was a poor lecturer. The few student organizers of the petition whipped everyone else into a frenzy. "we deserve better" "we pay his salary and we aren't getting our money's worth" etc. etc. I was a student "leader" in our department and I got caught up in it and thought I should show "leadership" by signing the petition and telling people about it. I felt a little exhilarated thinking I had "done the right thing" and had exercised some influence on the future of the department. This professor also happened to be a family friend but, hey, I was "standing on principle".

As it turned out, this professor may have been a poor lecturer but he was also an excellent researcher and grant writer/grant winner and was responsible for the lion's share of the grant monies that our department obtained which allowed the department to actually even exist during those very lean years and that allowed the other professors to concentrate on teaching. I've never forgotten how I felt when I learned the whole story and, 35 years later, I'm still ashamed that I allowed myself to get swept up in the emotion of a moment that may have cost this good man his career because I had acted on emotion and just a fraction of the whole picture. Luckily, the students didn't run the department and he didn't lose his job, but every time I saw him in the following years, I felt sick to my stomach that I had signed that petition.

Moral of the story: Facts and the whole story are important.
These users thanked the author bluegrouse for the post (total 16):
usujazzUSU78StuckiaggieazMrBiggleaggieguy133rdGenAggieAggieFBObsessionslcaggAggieUprising50 and 6 more users

Smokin Joe

Post by Smokin Joe » December 11th, 2020, 8:18 pm

Smokin Joe wrote:
USU78 wrote:
tipitup wrote:
I agree it was improper of me to ask for her name. It should not be made public and I sincerely mean that.

Aggiefan33

Post by Aggiefan33 » December 11th, 2020, 9:01 pm

How about laying off the ‘her name’ bit?

Why is it appropriate the make it feminine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Aggiefan33 for the post (total 4):
StuckiGaryTakeTheWheelAggieBlue!Dwigt

The harder you work, the harder it is to Surrender. - Men's Basketball locker room

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » December 12th, 2020, 12:26 am

bluegrouse wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 8:08 pm
When I was in college at Utah State, a petition was circulated in my department to have one of the professors fired because he was a poor lecturer. And, in truth, he was a poor lecturer. The few student organizers of the petition whipped everyone else into a frenzy. "we deserve better" "we pay his salary and we aren't getting our money's worth" etc. etc. I was a student "leader" in our department and I got caught up in it and thought I should show "leadership" by signing the petition and telling people about it. I felt a little exhilarated thinking I had "done the right thing" and had exercised some influence on the future of the department. This professor also happened to be a family friend but, hey, I was "standing on principle".

As it turned out, this professor may have been a poor lecturer but he was also an excellent researcher and grant writer/grant winner and was responsible for the lion's share of the grant monies that our department obtained which allowed the department to actually even exist during those very lean years and that allowed the other professors to concentrate on teaching. I've never forgotten how I felt when I learned the whole story and, 35 years later, I'm still ashamed that I allowed myself to get swept up in the emotion of a moment that may have cost this good man his career because I had acted on emotion and just a fraction of the whole picture. Luckily, the students didn't run the department and he didn't lose his job, but every time I saw him in the following years, I felt sick to my stomach that I had signed that petition.

Can't believe you signed a petition against your own father.....what kind of son are you? :joking:

He was the best professor I had and it wasn't really close.
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post:
bluegrouse

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » December 12th, 2020, 4:14 am

Aglicious wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 12:26 am
bluegrouse wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 8:08 pm

Can't believe you signed a petition against your own father.....what kind of son are you? :joking:

He was the best professor I had and it wasn't really close.
I know, right? Made family dinners awkward for years. Haha.
These users thanked the author bluegrouse for the post:
USU78

Dwigt
Pick'em Champ - '20,'21 Weekly; '21 WTHCG

Post by Dwigt » December 12th, 2020, 6:09 am

Aggiefan33 wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 9:01 pm
How about laying off the ‘her name’ bit?

Why is it appropriate the make it feminine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some people think it is impossible for women to have strength so they attack men by calling them women. All it does is show their own insecurities.
These users thanked the author Dwigt for the post:
LarryTheAggie

Presumptuous and ill-informed.

Locked Previous topicNext topic