4 get TCU to the Big East - how about the WAC?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SoCalAggie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

4 get TCU to the Big East - how about the WAC?

Post by SoCalAggie » November 4th, 2010, 3:33 pm

Drifting through a world that's torn and tattered, every thought I have don't mean a thing...

Agsman

Re: 4 get TCU to the Big East - how about the WAC?

Post by Agsman » November 4th, 2010, 4:01 pm

I think its funny that it mentions the MWC still vying for the autobid. With BYU and more importantly Utah gone, so are the dreams of the Autobid.

SoCalAggie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by SoCalAggie » November 4th, 2010, 4:24 pm

apperently these clowns did not do their homework before mouthing off about the WAC, the NCAA prohibits a school from being in two separate conferences that offer the same sport. For example, you could be a FB only member in the Big Sky and still remain in the Big West. But if the Big West were to sponser FB again, then the FB only schools in the Big Sky would have to decide between one conference, they could not keep their oly sports in one and FB in the other since both sponsor the same sport. And this is regardless of whether or not one is FCS or FBS (1A or 1AA). So Montana could not join the WAC for D1A FB and stay in the Big Sky for all other sports. Interesting stuff.

Drifting through a world that's torn and tattered, every thought I have don't mean a thing...

AgSpaceCase

Post by AgSpaceCase » November 4th, 2010, 6:13 pm

SoCalAggie. Where are you getting the rule about football and other sports being in two separate conferences that offer both sports. Doing a quick check on ESPN looking at teams and conference standings right now Georgetown is second in the Patriot League and Villanova is tied for first in the Colonial Athletic Association. Both have all other sports in the Big East. So apparently it was at one time possible and may still be unless they changed the rules with the grandfathered in teams allowed to stay where they are.

That all being said I am not sure I like the idea of TCU in the WAC for everything but football. they do not add much and would bolt as soon as the BE splits which will be in less than 5 years I bet.

"Due to budget cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off...."

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » November 4th, 2010, 6:21 pm

Georgetown and Villanova are both FCS in Football which is separate from FBS. Thus they are allowed to stay separate. TCU could move there other sports to a conference that is FCS in football.

Locked Previous topicNext topic