Week 2: How I'm ranking the MWC

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AggieFBObsession

Week 2: How I'm ranking the MWC

Post by AggieFBObsession » September 12th, 2021, 1:43 am

1. Fresno State 2-1
Fresno State 63-Cal Poly 10. Haener had 380 yds and 4 TDs. :shock: Your passing leaders in the MWC are 1. Strong-Nev 2. Starkel-SJSU 3. Haener-Fresno
That L to Oregon, how does it look now? Fresno is now #2 in the MWC in total offense and #3 total defense.
Next Saturday: At UCLA (Big game for the MWC)

2. Boise State 1-1
Boise State 54-UTEP 13. Khalil Shakir had 166 yds receiving. :shock: The Broncos are #1 in the MWC in scoring offense.
Next Saturday: Hosing Oklahoma State

3. SJSU 1-1
DNP. They're still defending champs. I have to rank them at least this high even though we don't know yet how good they are. The USC loss didn't help their cause.
Next Saturday: At Hawaii

4. Nevada 2-0
Nevada 49-Idaho State 10
Strong had 381 yds and 4 TDs. He leads the MWC in passing and right now, looking around the MWC, he's going to have a great year because the MWC defenses are giving up too many yards through the air.
Next Saturday: At Kansas State (Big game for the MWC)

5. Utah State 2-0
Utah State 48-North Dakota 24.
Yes. Utah State. The Aggies deserve this spot for now. The Aggies are giving up too many yds/g right now, but the offense is clicking. The Aggies are #1 in the MWC in total offense. See my blurb about the Aggies below.
Next Saturday: At Air Force

The above 5 teams will likely be bowl eligible. A lot of football to be played, but mark my words.

6. SDSU 2-0
SDSU 38-Arizona 14. You may argue that SDSU really manhandled a PAC-12 opponent and they deserve the 4 or 5 spot. I would argue that they haven't played anybody yet. NMSU is gawd awful and so is Arizona. I'm convinced that North Dakota and Washington State would be 2-0 with the same schedule.
Next Saturday: Hosting Utah

7. Air Force 2-0
Air Force 23-Navy 3. I had forgotten that Air Force beat Navy last year (I want to forget last season apparently). Before that this series has been even with each team alternating wins. Air Force now has two in a row against its rival, maybe its biggest rival. Air Force leads the MWC in total defense! :shock: How much longer will that last? We'll find out next week. :utah: :state:
Next Game. Hosting Utah State

8. Wyoming 2-0
Wyoming 50-N Illinois 43. Out of 12 drives, the Cowboys scored on 7 out of the 12 with 4 punts. All 7 of those scores were TDs.
Next Saturday: Hosting Ball State

9. Hawaii 1-2
Oregon State 45-Hawaii 27
I watched a good portion of this game, and I'm very unimpressed with Hawaii's conditioning. They were gassed against Oregon State on defense in the 2nd half and couldn't defend anything. They deserve the severe downgrade from week 1.
Next Saturday: Hosting SJSU

10. New Mexico 2-0
New Mexico 34-NMSU 25. Terry Wilson had 381 yds and 3 TDs. I think this is as high as I'll rank the Lobos this year, but let's see what happens...
Next Saturday: At Texas A&M (Look for somewhere to hide, Lobos, because this could get ugly.)

11. UNLV 0-2
Arizona State 37-UNLV 10. Not much to say here. The bottom of the MWC is really bad.
Next Saturday: Hosting Iowa State (Another ugly game for the Rebels. Why do they do this to themselves?)

12. Colorado State 0-2
Vanderbilt 24-Colorado State 21. Again, I saw this coming. Very bad loss for the MWC, unfortunately.
Next Saturday: At Toledo (Toledo nearly beat Notre Dame, so this game will get ugly for the Rams.)

Utah State Blurb: The Aggies lead the MWC in Total Offense and Thompkins is a huge part of that as he leads the MWC in receiving yds/g. My thoughts on the North Dakota game go like this. How can we not be impressed with the receivers? Thompkins, Bowling, Wright and even McGriff. I have to say that I want to see Bonner throw McGriff more passes. He can be a greater weapon than any of the others if he gets involved and Bonner keeps him involved. I see Bonner focusing too much on the other guys. I don't see Scarver getting much time here. Also, I'm very impressed with Calvin Tyler Jr. The guy is a patient runner and knows how to skirt through the gaps. Good speed too. Our DL looks good. Rice is probably the best player on the team. I would say that our DBs look good enough, but I'd still like to see a lot of improvement from our CBs. Our DL and LBs need to put more pressure on the opposing QB. We're last in the MWC in this area. Cash Gilliam still looks like he's learning the position. I see him over pursuing too often or just not understanding where he needs to be in coverage. We also really miss Shaq Bond, because our safeties are also not making the correct reads and they're too out of position sometimes.
These users thanked the author AggieFBObsession for the post (total 6):
AussieAggieDadflying_scotsman2.0IditarodAGGIEslcaggBLUERUFiOaggies22

slcagg

Re: Week 2: How I'm ranking the MWC

Post by slcagg » September 12th, 2021, 6:35 am

Great write-up!

It seems that their could very well be 8 bowl eligible teams in this conference. I believe the top 8 are solid teams. The bottom 4 are not.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
AggieFBObsession

Miguk Aggie

Post by Miguk Aggie » September 12th, 2021, 7:10 am

AggieFBObsession wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 1:43 am

Boise State 54-UTEP 13.

Well alrighty then! lol :) :lol:
These users thanked the author Miguk Aggie for the post:
AggieFBObsession

slcagg

Post by slcagg » September 12th, 2021, 7:36 am

Their are some big/winnable games for the conference next week.

Fresno at UCLA. If fresno can take oregon to the wire they can compete with UCLA.

Oklahoma state has struggled this year (barely getting by Tulsa yesterday). Think this is is winnable for the Broncos.

Utah at SDSU. Sdsu smacked a team that played BYU fairly close last week.

Nevada at Kansas state. Kstate barely got by southern Illinois yesterday.

Let’s go mw!
Last edited by slcagg on September 12th, 2021, 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » September 12th, 2021, 7:38 am

Miguk Aggie wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 7:10 am

Boise State 54-UTEP 13.

Well alrighty then! lol :) :lol:
I hadn't noticed that. I'll keep it unedited. Haha. :cheers:
These users thanked the author AggieFBObsession for the post:
JSHarvey

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » September 12th, 2021, 7:53 am

With even SJSU seeming questionable, that back half of the schedule for USU is looking Charmin soft.

The only two competent FBS teams we play after BYU are maybe SJSU and Wyoming.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
AggieFBObsession

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » September 12th, 2021, 8:05 am

My takeways from this week:

- CSU, UNM, and NMSU are bottom 10 bad.
- UNLV is pretty bad, but showed some heart against ASU and let it get away late. Could be bottom 10 bad if ASU doesn’t meet expectations, but jury is still out on that.
- Jury is very much still out on SJSU, AFA, Wyoming, and Hawaii. I don’t have a super good read on these teams yet, but I suspect AFA and Hawaii to not be very good.
- USU is a good team (Wazzu handle Portland St. very easily, and ISU kept things pretty close for a good part of the game against Nevada, leading me to believe strongly that UND is a good team). Boise, Nevada, SDSU and BYU are also good teams. The jury is still out on how good each of these teams are.
- Fresno State is a very good team.

Next week will be VERY illuminating for the “jury still out on whether good or bad” and the “good but no idea how good” teams. My conclusion based on current sample size is that USU is probably better than everyone in the first group, and worse than everyone in the second group. I would place my certainty level as moderate except for SJSU, a team I need to see more from.

I think we are looking at anywhere from a 6-10 win season barring some epic collapse. I did not see this coming.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
JSHarvey

Bybs25

Post by Bybs25 » September 12th, 2021, 8:17 am

I'm not conviced BSU should be at 2. They blew an early lead to UCF and then did what they should have to UTEP. I would put them at 4 or even 5 behind us. Right now they are a very beatable team. Nevada has deserved the 2 spot as of now. SJSU loss to USC isn't looking very good either considering how stanford was able to move the ball on them.

With that being said heres my too early top 5. How I rank them is would we beat them right now on our next game. This is not what I think is the beat 5 teams of this league.

Nevada
Fresno
USU
San Diego
BSU

The west after 2 games has been more impressive than the mountain. But many made some good improvements in week 2. This week we will begin to see who will start to separate themselves from the rest.

Honestly right now I see us winning the next 2 games and going into the BYU game 4-0. BYU has some things they do really well but others that we could capitalize on. This will depend how well our pass defense improves over the next 2 games. BSU will be a good measuring stick. If we hold them to around 200 yds passing I believe we win the next week against BYU by a slim margin less then 7.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » September 12th, 2021, 8:25 am

Bybs25 wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 8:17 am
I'm not conviced BSU should be at 2. They blew an early lead to UCF and then did what they should have to UTEP. I would put them at 4 or even 5 behind us. Right now they are a very beatable team. Nevada has deserved the 2 spot as of now. SJSU loss to USC isn't looking very good either considering how stanford was able to move the ball on them.

With that being said heres my too early top 5. How I rank them is would we beat them right now on our next game. This is not what I think is the beat 5 teams of this league.

Nevada
Fresno
USU
San Diego
BSU

The west after 2 games has been more impressive than the mountain. But many made some good improvements in week 2. This week we will begin to see who will start to separate themselves from the rest.

Honestly right now I see us winning the next 2 games and going into the BYU game 4-0. BYU has some things they do really well but others that we could capitalize on. This will depend how well our pass defense improves over the next 2 games. BSU will be a good measuring stick. If we hold them to around 200 yds passing I believe we win the next week against BYU by a slim margin less then 7.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
Based on current sample size, I think we go 1-2 over the next three (win against AFA) but lose no more than one or two the rest of the way and finish 8-4 or 9-3.

I will reevaluate with each week’s games.

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » September 12th, 2021, 8:28 am

AggieFBObsession wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 1:43 am
1. Fresno State 2-1
Fresno State 63-Cal Poly 10. Haener had 380 yds and 4 TDs. :shock: Your passing leaders in the MWC are 1. Strong-Nev 2. Starkel-SJSU 3. Haener-Fresno
That L to Oregon, how does it look now? Fresno is now #2 in the MWC in total offense and #3 total defense.
Next Saturday: At UCLA (Big game for the MWC)

2. Boise State 1-1
Boise State 54-UTEP 13. Khalil Shakir had 166 yds receiving. :shock: The Broncos are #1 in the MWC in scoring offense.

3. SJSU 1-1
DNP. They're still defending champs. I have to rank them at least this high even though we don't know yet how good they are. The USC loss didn't help their cause.
Next Saturday: At Hawaii

4. Nevada 2-0
Nevada 49-Idaho State 10
Strong had 381 yds and 4 TDs. He leads the MWC in passing and right now, looking around the MWC, he's going to have a great year because the MWC defenses are giving up too many yards through the air.
Next Saturday: At Kansas State (Big game for the MWC)

5. Utah State 2-0
Utah State 48-North Dakota 24.
Yes. Utah State. The Aggies deserve this spot for now. The Aggies are giving up too many yds/g right now, but the offense is clicking. The Aggies are #1 in the MWC in total offense. See my blurb about the Aggies below.
Next Saturday: At Air Force

The above 5 teams will likely be bowl eligible. A lot of football to be played, but mark my words.

6. SDSU 2-0
SDSU 38-Arizona 14. You may argue that SDSU really manhandled a PAC-12 opponent and they deserve the 4 or 5 spot. I would argue that they haven't played anybody yet. NMSU is gawd awful and so is Arizona. I'm convinced that North Dakota and Washington State would be 2-0 with the same schedule.
Next Saturday: Hosting Utah

7. Air Force 2-0
Air Force 23-Navy 3. I had forgotten that Air Force beat Navy last year (I want to forget last season apparently). Before that this series has been even with each team alternating wins. Air Force now has two in a row against its rival, maybe its biggest rival. Air Force leads the MWC in total defense! :shock: How much longer will that last? We'll find out next week. :utah: :state:
Next Game. Hosting Utah State

8. Wyoming 2-0
Wyoming 50-N Illinois 43. Out of 12 drives, the Cowboys scored on 7 out of the 12 with 4 punts. All 7 of those scores were TDs.
Next Saturday: Hosting Ball State

9. Hawaii 1-2
Oregon State 45-Hawaii 27
I watched a good portion of this game, and I'm very unimpressed with Hawaii's conditioning. They were gassed against Oregon State on defense in the 2nd half and couldn't defend anything. They deserve the severe downgrade from week 1.
Next Saturday: Hosting SJSU

10. New Mexico 2-0
New Mexico 34-NMSU 25. Terry Wilson had 381 yds and 3 TDs. I think this is as high as I'll rank the Lobos this year, but let's see what happens...
Next Saturday: At Texas A&M (Look for somewhere to hide, Lobos, because this could get ugly.)

11. UNLV 0-2
Arizona State 37-UNLV 10. Not much to say here. The bottom of the MWC is really bad.
Next Saturday: Hosting Iowa State (Another ugly game for the Rebels. Why do they do this to themselves?)

12. Colorado State 0-2
Vanderbilt 24-Colorado State 21. Again, I saw this coming. Very bad loss for the MWC, unfortunately.
Next Saturday: At Toledo (Toledo nearly beat Notre Dame, so this game will get ugly for the Rams.)

Utah State Blurb: The Aggies lead the MWC in Total Offense and Thompkins is a huge part of that as he leads the MWC in receiving yds/g. My thoughts on the North Dakota game go like this. How can we not be impressed with the receivers? Thompkins, Bowling, Wright and even McGriff. I have to say that I want to see Bonner throw McGriff more passes. He can be a greater weapon than any of the others if he gets involved and Bonner keeps him involved. I see Bonner focusing too much on the other guys. I don't see Scarver getting much time here. Also, I'm very impressed with Calvin Tyler Jr. The guy is a patient runner and knows how to skirt through the gaps. Good speed too. Our DL looks good. Rice is probably the best player on the team. I would say that our DBs look good enough, but I'd still like to see a lot of improvement from our CBs. Our DL and LBs need to put more pressure on the opposing QB. We're last in the MWC in this area. Cash Gilliam still looks like he's learning the position. I see him over pursuing too often or just not understanding where he needs to be in coverage. We also really miss Shaq Bond, because our safeties are also not making the correct reads and they're too out of position sometimes.
Still way too many drops. We had only 2 against WSU but I think we had double that Friday night. I think Mcgriff had at least 2.

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » September 12th, 2021, 8:48 am

Elkaggie wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 8:28 am

Still way too many drops. We had only 2 against WSU but I think we had double that Friday night. I think Mcgriff had at least 2.
My concern with McGriff is that there are some guys who are extremely gifted that never really get it. However, he's shown improvement from last year which gives me hope. I wanted to see him lay out for that pass in the end zone. That's one of the missing pieces in his game.
These users thanked the author AggieFBObsession for the post:
aggies22

seabass

Post by seabass » September 12th, 2021, 9:53 am

Nice synopsis. There’s no way I’d rank CSU below UNLV and UNM though. I know about week one but still...

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » September 12th, 2021, 10:13 am

seabass wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 9:53 am
Nice synopsis. There’s no way I’d rank CSU below UNLV and UNM though. I know about week one but still...
UNLV put up a decent fight against ASU, so I'd put them just a notch above UNM and CSU.

FromLItoLogan

Post by FromLItoLogan » September 12th, 2021, 10:21 am

AggieFBObsession wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 8:48 am
Elkaggie wrote:

My concern with McGriff is that there are some guys who are extremely gifted that never really get it. However, he's shown improvement from last year which gives me hope. I wanted to see him lay out for that pass in the end zone. That's one of the missing pieces in his game.
You could tell he was still bothered by it well after the play. I think given the chance again he won't hesitate to go for it.
These users thanked the author FromLItoLogan for the post:
AggieFBObsession

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » September 12th, 2021, 10:50 am

seabass wrote:
CSU has two very bad losses right now. As I said both North Dakota and Washington State would be 2-0 with that schedule. The game with South Dakota State wasn't even close. I'm not sure that UNM couldn't beat Vanderbilt in Albuquerque.

But this is like arguing whether Rock Springs is a nicer town than Battle Mountain. Both are piles of garbage.

sneed

Post by sneed » September 12th, 2021, 11:02 am

FromLItoLogan wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 8:48 am
Elkaggie wrote:

You could tell he was still bothered by it well after the play. I think given the chance again he won't hesitate to go for it.
He could be great but he needs to be able to catch with his hands - not his body. Having a tall reviver that goes up is a huge weapon. It doesn’t help if we have to throw it to his chest every time though.
These users thanked the author sneed for the post:
AggieFBObsession

utaggies

Post by utaggies » September 12th, 2021, 12:22 pm

This is how I ranked the MWC on the MWC Board:

1. Nevada

2. Fresno

3. BSU

4. SJS

5. SDS

6. USU

7. AFA

8. Wyoming

9. New Mexico

10. Hawaii

11. CSU

12. UNLV

I am trying to look at things objectively w/o my blue goggles on.

Two deficiencies I have seen in the Aggies thus far are the lack of a pass rush and our pass coverage — especially on screen passes. Untill one of the 5 conference teams I currently rank ahead of USU shows me that they shouldn’t be there I’ll continue to assume they should.

The next three games will tell us all we need to know about the Aggies this year.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » September 12th, 2021, 12:58 pm

utaggies wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 12:22 pm
This is how I ranked the MWC on the MWC Board:

1. Nevada

2. Fresno

3. BSU

4. SJS

5. SDS

6. USU

7. AFA

8. Wyoming

9. New Mexico

10. Hawaii

11. CSU

12. UNLV

I am trying to look at things objectively w/o my blue goggles on.

Two deficiencies I have seen in the Aggies thus far are the lack of a pass rush and our pass coverage — especially on screen passes. Untill one of the 5 conference teams I currently rank ahead of USU shows me that they shouldn’t be there I’ll continue to assume they should.

The next three games will tell us all we need to know about the Aggies this year.
North Dakota’s offensive game plan to misdirect and take advantage of our aggression on defense was pure brilliance. Their QB also got rid of the ball so quickly. That was a talented and well-coached FCS team.

Our DBs did pretty well against WSU and North Dakota after the first quarter.

But I agree, the next three games are huge. I predict we beat AFA but lose to Boise and BYU. 1-2 is my guess. 2-1 would likely mean a double digit win season.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » September 13th, 2021, 4:55 pm

AggieFBObsession wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 10:50 am
seabass wrote:
CSU has two very bad losses right now. As I said both North Dakota and Washington State would be 2-0 with that schedule. The game with South Dakota State wasn't even close. I'm not sure that UNM couldn't beat Vanderbilt in Albuquerque.

But this is like arguing whether Rock Springs is a nicer town than Battle Mountain. Both are piles of garbage.
Ooof... that hits home.
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post:
AggieFBObsession

IBleedAggieBlue

Post by IBleedAggieBlue » September 13th, 2021, 5:17 pm

I think that McGriff has soft hands and is not as athletic as some people think. I believe that's why we are not lofting it to him in the endzone, when the occasion presents itself.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » September 13th, 2021, 5:21 pm

Right in the middle of the pack seems right after what I've seen in the first two games, until we play AFA this weekend, we don't really know.
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
AggieFBObsession

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

AussieAggieDad

Post by AussieAggieDad » September 13th, 2021, 5:39 pm

IBleedAggieBlue wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 5:17 pm
I think that McGriff has soft hands and is not as athletic as some people think. I believe that's why we are not lofting it to him in the endzone, when the occasion presents itself.
In Aussie Rules footy we would say McGriff lacks "mongrel" ie. any sense of desperation and hardness to win the ball.

The throw to him which was picked wasn't great but he made no effort to MOVE TO THE BALL. He waited and the defender got in front of him.Also shows a lack of awareness of who is around him.

For the "almost" TD he could have dived and caught the ball and we would be singing his praises.

Given his height and catch radius he could be a real weapon. Just needs to toughen up a bit. Perhaps it's a confidence think, I don't know but I sure hope he makes it.
These users thanked the author AussieAggieDad for the post (total 6):
thegreendalegelfAggieFBObsessionaggies22BLUERUFiOtjensen_25AggiePT

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » September 13th, 2021, 6:19 pm

AussieAggieDad wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 5:39 pm
IBleedAggieBlue wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 5:17 pm
In Aussie Rules footy we would say McGriff lacks "mongrel" ie. any sense of desperation and hardness to win the ball.

The throw to him which was picked wasn't great but he made no effort to MOVE TO THE BALL. He waited and the defender got in front of him.Also shows a lack of awareness of who is around him.

For the "almost" TD he could have dived and caught the ball and we would be singing his praises.

Given his height and catch radius he could be a real weapon. Just needs to toughen up a bit. Perhaps it's a confidence think, I don't know but I sure hope he makes it.
It seems to me that you're catching on to American football just fine.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
AussieAggieDadAggieFBObsession

GUS

Post by GUS » September 13th, 2021, 6:21 pm

I agree with AussieAggieDad. But, I will say McGriff does look a ton better than last season. Last season he had hands of stone. Couldn't catch anything. I was pleasantly surprised to see him actually catch some balls this year.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » September 13th, 2021, 6:27 pm

GUS wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 6:21 pm
I agree with AussieAggieDad. But, I will say McGriff does look a ton better than last season. Last season he had hands of stone. Couldn't catch anything. I was pleasantly surprised to see him actually catch some balls this year.
He's absolutely worlds ahead of last season.
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
aggies22

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

AussieAggieDad

Post by AussieAggieDad » September 13th, 2021, 6:35 pm

USU78 wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 6:27 pm
GUS wrote:
Yes indeed and I'm hoping that with superior coaching he'll take off in his Junior season and maximise his contrbution to the team. He certainly seems to have the ability.

I checked his bio and was surprised to learn:
"2020 (SOPHOMORE SEASON)
Started all six games and finished the season with 15 receptions for 85 yards (12.3 ypr) and two touchdowns… Led the team in touchdown catches and was second in both receptions and receiving yards… "

FWIW I also thought some of Bonner's throws to McGriff were a bit off. Perhaps he's not adjusting to the different heights of his WRs, something that should improve with more game time,
These users thanked the author AussieAggieDad for the post:
AggieFBObsession

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » September 13th, 2021, 8:42 pm

AussieAggieDad wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 6:35 pm
USU78 wrote:
GUS wrote:
Yes indeed and I'm hoping that with superior coaching he'll take off in his Junior season and maximise his contrbution to the team. He certainly seems to have the ability.

"2020 (SOPHOMORE SEASON)
Started all six games and finished the season with 15 receptions for 85 yards (12.3 ypr) and two touchdowns… Led the team in touchdown catches and was second in both receptions and receiving yards… "

FWIW I also thought some of Bonner's throws to McGriff were a bit off. Perhaps he's not adjusting to the different heights of his WRs, something that should improve with more game time,
Math is off. If he had 12 receptions for 85 yards, it is only about 7 yards not 12.3. Too lazy to look up which is wrong.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » September 13th, 2021, 9:40 pm

AussieAggieDad wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 6:35 pm
USU78 wrote:
GUS wrote:

"2020 (SOPHOMORE SEASON)

Those are WR 1 numbers!

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

JSHarvey

Post by JSHarvey » September 14th, 2021, 10:47 am

Thanks all, it is threads like this one that make me really value the USU Fans board! I don't know enough about football to write about it in the detail many of you have done above, but I appreciate reading the posts from those of you that do understand the game well enough to provide insightful analysis. It makes waiting for the next game much more bearable when there is good stuff to read.

Go Aggies!!! (Fingers crossed for a great season.)

"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » September 14th, 2021, 11:03 am

That SJSU loss to USC is starting to look kind of bad now that they got beat up by an arguably mediocre Stanford (paigns me to say since ViAg Jr. I's childhood friend is one of their starting O-Linemen) and then fired their HC. 30-7 not a good look for a mediocre PAC-12 team. Aside from Oregon and UCLA, the PAC is looking whack this year.

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

slcagg

Post by slcagg » September 14th, 2021, 11:05 am

ViAggie wrote:
September 14th, 2021, 11:03 am
That SJSU loss to USC is starting to look kind of bad now that they got beat up by an arguably mediocre Stanford (paigns me to say since ViAg Jr. I's childhood friend is one of their starting O-Linemen) and then fired their HC. 30-7 not a good look for a mediocre PAC-12 team. Aside from Oregon and UCLA, the PAC is looking whack this year.
I’m still a wait and see on UCLA. Lsu was a mess last year.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » September 14th, 2021, 11:08 am

ViAggie wrote:
September 14th, 2021, 11:03 am
This is par for the course with the pac12

RigAggie

Post by RigAggie » September 14th, 2021, 12:06 pm

Also, Utah looks to be down this year. They struggled with Weber for the first half and then were dominated by BYU. Wish we had them on the schedule this year!
These users thanked the author RigAggie for the post:
JSHarvey

Locked Previous topicNext topic