Utes and BYU

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Re: Utes and BYU

Post by 3rdGenAggie » September 13th, 2021, 12:16 pm

I wasn't crazy impressed with BYU's offense. I only watched the first half, but they got 3 total points off of 2 Utah turnovers, with both being on the Utah side of the field.

Also, I think you have to consider the mental state of the teams as well. Utah had won 9 straight. They were supposed to win this. As much as you try to get players' heads right, especially for a rivalry game, I can see how Utah has gotten to the point where they assume a win against BYU will be easier than it really will be. Utah has really gotten some hubris lately, and I think that may have showed in this game.

On the flip side, BYU went 12-1 last year and has a ton of confidence from that, regardless of who they played. They've spent a full year convincing themselves they would have beat Utah last year. With BYU in that mindset and Utah possibly assuming they will win because they always win, I can see why Utah looked lackluster and BYU played with fire.

BYU is good and USU certainly won't beat them easily, but I'm not at all convinced it will look like a pre-GA 1.0 USU-BYU game.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » September 13th, 2021, 1:14 pm

I really wanted them to lose by 1 so that cocky Nacua kid would lose it for them due to the helmet penalty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SwaggieAggie

Post by SwaggieAggie » September 14th, 2021, 11:43 am

Was very happy to see Utah lose. Now I don’t think I’ve ever wanted to beat BYU more than now..

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » September 14th, 2021, 11:49 am

WAAggie wrote:I really wanted them to lose by 1 so that cocky Nacua kid would lose it for them due to the helmet penalty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me too!! Those Nacua kids are a bit reckless and over the edge. Aren’t these the younger brothers to the sucker punch on Memphis culprit from years back?

Locked Previous topicNext topic