Trying to read the tea leaves?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Papajsmurf
Has thanked: 0

Trying to read the tea leaves?

Post by Papajsmurf » October 25th, 2021, 11:47 am

If we meet an undefeated SDSU in the conference championship game and lose, do we still get slotted into the MW conference champions spot in the bowl because SDSU goes to a New Years bowl? The leaves are very murky

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Re: Trying to read the tea leaves?

Post by NVAggie » October 25th, 2021, 11:49 am

Such a young season. I don't even think the leaves know if we are going to be in the MWC championship game yet.

rAggie

Post by rAggie » October 25th, 2021, 11:57 am

My understanding, and I may be wrong so please correct me if so, is that if SDSU gets a NY6 bowl (I doubt Cincy is going to lose out on this but you never know) then the Los Angeles Bowl would get to pick a team to fill the spot (from the Mountain West).

Showing my True Colors since 2022

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » October 25th, 2021, 12:04 pm

rAggie wrote:
October 25th, 2021, 11:57 am
My understanding, and I may be wrong so please correct me if so, is that if SDSU gets a NY6 bowl (I doubt Cincy is going to lose out on this but you never know) then the Los Angeles Bowl would get to pick a team to fill the spot (from the Mountain West).
That is how I understand it as well. The champion would get the LA bowl at a minimum. After that there really is no more guarantees. The bowls will choose who think will sell the most tickets and which match ups look the best. The only guarantee the conference gives is that if there are more teams eligible than bowls available that the team records come into play.
What that means is if there are 7 teams eligible and the last 2 teams available to choose have records of 7-5 or 6-6 the team with the higher record would get selected over the team with worse record. This happened to WYO few years ago. They were 6-6, but got left out since there was another team at 7-5.

Locked Previous topicNext topic