Let me try to get a word in edgewise . . .

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
dogie

Let me try to get a word in edgewise . . .

Post by dogie » November 13th, 2010, 10:25 pm

and congratulate the Aggies on the victory over SJSU. The traffic and discussion on this board about the football game are overwheling(ly absent).

If an alien came to earth and looked at this board, he (it?) would not know that USU had a game tonight, much less winning it in the final seconds.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Re: Let me try to get a word in edgewise . . .

Post by QuackAttackAggie » November 13th, 2010, 10:38 pm

that's what happens when you don't have video. But I'm guessing you weren't on the chat when the game was ending? because there was so much traffic, i expected the board to stop running. easily a few hundred lines of text within the last minute of the game until 5 minutes after it ended of people e-celebrating.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » November 13th, 2010, 10:41 pm

There were 80 people in chat at the time that the football game ended.

PelotasAzul
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by PelotasAzul » November 13th, 2010, 10:44 pm

Yea, I know, it is a shame we do not have more postings here or on the scout page. I attribute some of the silence to the fact that BB has started up again. But I also believe we are diluting our fan base between the two sites. I really like this site, so I hope everyone will come over here. Not sure what the advantage is to stay on at the scout site.

This is the first time in a while we have won a game on the road, its the first time we have won games back to back in a while. If we take care of bizness with Idaho next week, we will be a 5 win team with a lot of hope going into next season. When is the last time we actually still had a chance at a bowl game at this time of year? If we beat Idaho and Boise ( yes I know the latter is a long shot) we go bowling!

Go Aggies! And lets rock the house next week so the Vandals know we are for real! Lets bring all of our friends and relatives to the game and fill the place up! :utah: :state:

newtonianblue

Post by newtonianblue » November 13th, 2010, 10:59 pm

Go Aggies! And lets rock the house next week so the Vandals know we are for real! Lets bring all of our friends and relatives to the game and fill the place up!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah! :cheers:

AgMac

Post by AgMac » November 13th, 2010, 11:36 pm

I was also a little surprised when I looked at the football forum after the game. Although I was in the chatroom and it was blowing up with comments. Perhaps many are too emotionally exhausted from what the Aggies put us through in order to get our victory. I'm sure there will be many new topics in the new few days.

troutputz
RIP

Post by troutputz » November 14th, 2010, 1:35 am

I would be at the Idaho game but my wife and other son and family are going to the basketball game with SUU in Cedate City.

You know, I have noticed over the last couple of years that there is starting to be a problem with football scheuling and Basketball.
Seems to me, that they are not coordinating together very well. Tonight, football game in San Jose,
basketball game in Logan. Next week, Football game in Logan, basketball game in Cedate city. December 4th, Basketball game at Georgetown, football game in Boise. so what do you expect the fans to do? I've tried to talk about both tonight because I live far away and didn't make it to either of the games. They used to have some football in Logan and then Basketball at night. I would rather have it that way than the way it was tonight, and the way it will be next week and the 4th of December.
Universities hire logistic personnel for a reason! Maybe we need to?

papaj

Post by papaj » November 14th, 2010, 8:36 am

dogie wrote:and congratulate the Aggies on the victory over SJSU. The traffic and discussion on this board about the football game are overwheling(ly absent).

If an alien came to earth and looked at this board, he (it?) would not know that USU had a game tonight, much less winning it in the final seconds.
I've been very surprised by the lack of posts on this board, since this is, I assume, THE new board (just like we switched from board to board several times between 1998 and 2002). I have to be honest and say I prefer the Scout forum, but certainly appreciate the changes that have been made in response to user suggestions. On Scout, it's easier to see the names of the posters on a given thread (included on the left side of the thread). This is just my personal preference. It may well be that it just takes some getting used to. I will say that when I was first playing around with this site, I got error messages when I tried to post, although this hasn't happened as much in recent days. I do appreciate the administrators putting in all the effort!

Welcome to Utah State University: A Little Piece of Heaven on the North Side of Hell

AggieAthletics
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by AggieAthletics » November 14th, 2010, 8:43 am

dogie wrote:and congratulate the Aggies on the victory over SJSU. The traffic and discussion on this board about the football game are overwheling(ly absent).

The Scout board is still up and running.

AggieMan5

Post by AggieMan5 » November 14th, 2010, 10:04 am

The scout board was just plain ugly to me. This board makes us look better.

troutputz
RIP

Post by troutputz » November 15th, 2010, 2:01 am

Like I always seem to get from a lot of you. On the subject of this board makes us look better? That is your opinion and so we must take it with a grain of salt, right ChicAggie?

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » November 15th, 2010, 9:49 am

Unfortunately, inconsistency from the football team has really worn many fans out. Lately the offense has really been good. The defense has been terrible. Earlier, it was the reverse. It makes it hard for a fan. We want to know what team will show up every week. Many of us were expecting the team to run over the likes of SJSU and NMSU. These teams have combined for something like three wins (Southern Utah, New Mexico, San Jose State). It is disappointing that we have allowed both teams to get a lead early and almost win. If it wasn't for some luck we could have very easily lost to both of these teams. Couple that with basketball starting and you have a disinterested fanbase. I hope the team can take it to Idaho this Saturday and keep the improvement going.

inconspicuous

Post by inconspicuous » November 15th, 2010, 10:19 am

First let me congratulate the team on this board, although it was much more pleasant to do the same in person after the game. Although it was a nail biter and went down to the wire I have to give the team some props. For going down 10-0 on the road and not to give up. For continuing to get up and score points after the D let SJSU score time and time again to reclaim the lead. SJSU has a first year coach and is going through their own growing pains and I think that they gave it some great effort. Our D needs something. There was almost no pressure on the QB all night which was the reason SJSU was able to stay in the game. Anyways take it for what it is worth a road victory. I think it had been well over a decade since USU has won a road game in the state of CA

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » November 15th, 2010, 12:10 pm

I love the optimism inconspicuous. I'm glad the team was able to win for your sake. Let's hope we can muster some momentum to beat Idaho this week. Thanks for being there to represent Aggie fans

inconspicuous

Post by inconspicuous » November 16th, 2010, 8:33 am

NVAggie wrote:I love the optimism inconspicuous. I'm glad the team was able to win for your sake. Let's hope we can muster some momentum to beat Idaho this week. Thanks for being there to represent Aggie fans
I hope the stadium will be somewhat full but with potential mediocre weather I am worried ( so much for the optimism ) ;)

Locked Previous topicNext topic