East side - GA Season Football Ticket Smucks

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Lonely Cowboy

East side - GA Season Football Ticket Smucks

Post by Lonely Cowboy » March 10th, 2022, 10:00 pm

I’ll take some heat from this. Okay?!

But why is @USU Athletics taking away our GA season tickets, on the upper east side?

We are some of the most loyal, non prima donna, blue collar folks who buy football season tickets to those two sections.

Sections 220 & 221?

Notice tonight sends my option to the south sections to renew. That area is a complete cluster both before games, and completely unaccessible durning half time.

Can we not just have one GA season ticket section on the upper east side?

Stucki

Re: East side - GA Season Football Ticket Smucks

Post by Stucki » March 10th, 2022, 10:06 pm

You could join us in 219 with reserved seats at very affordable prices.
These users thanked the author Stucki for the post:
Lonely Cowboy

Hail the Utah Aggies!

BigBlueAggie

Post by BigBlueAggie » March 10th, 2022, 10:20 pm

Looks like seat prices went up (which...after how awesome last year was, I get it). $320 for season tickets on west side chair backs in the cheapest sections.

Lonely Cowboy

Post by Lonely Cowboy » March 10th, 2022, 10:59 pm

Medical & health issues have allowed our family to enjoy the upper east side seats at football games, especially GA seats, and not need to climb down to lower sections of the stadium. Also the upper east parking lot has been accommodating for these same medical limitations.

We have zero interest in the south section that our season tickets have been redirected to now. Cluster…0% accommodations for special need fans in that section. Try going to the bathroom, in that section of the stadium durning halftime.

We will figure it out.

@USU Athletics - really?

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 11th, 2022, 7:56 am

I would be interested to know if you gained any traction by talking to a person in the AD.

rAggie

Post by rAggie » March 11th, 2022, 8:36 am

Is it an option to just get reserved seats in your favorite seats on the upper east side, and then they are yours for all time and eternity (as long as you renew)?

If price is the concern, that's a whole other kettle of fish. I also wonder if they are making this change this year to lay the groundwork for the stadium expansion which will add two more sections on the upper east side (IIRC) and maybe those become the GA sections.
These users thanked the author rAggie for the post:
aggies22

Showing my True Colors since 2022

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » March 11th, 2022, 9:11 am

Lonely Cowboy wrote:
March 10th, 2022, 10:00 pm
I’ll take some heat from this. Okay?!

But why is @USU Athletics taking away our GA season tickets, on the upper east side?

We are some of the most loyal, non prima donna, blue collar folks who buy football season tickets to those two sections.

Sections 220 & 221?

Notice tonight sends my option to the south sections to renew. That area is a complete cluster both before games, and completely unaccessible durning half time.

Can we not just have one GA season ticket section on the upper east side?
I understand you may have a preference due to spending years in the same seats but why not just slide over into 217, 218 or 219? Regardless of what your ticket renewal form may say, you aren't pigeonholed into those seats. My renewal form flipped me over from one end of my section to the other. The difference between it was sitting on the 25 versus sitting on the 45 like we have for YEARS. It took me one text to Ryan Benson and we were back where we belonged.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
Lonely Cowboy

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » March 11th, 2022, 9:13 am

rAggie wrote:
March 11th, 2022, 8:36 am
Is it an option to just get reserved seats in your favorite seats on the upper east side, and then they are yours for all time and eternity (as long as you renew)?

If price is the concern, that's a whole other kettle of fish. I also wonder if they are making this change this year to lay the groundwork for the stadium expansion which will add two more sections on the upper east side (IIRC) and maybe those become the GA sections.
But don't forget that there are 3, 4, or 5 month payment plans available if a few hundred dollars isn't an immediate option.

CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos » March 11th, 2022, 10:30 am

rAggie wrote:

That's what I was wondering... Is this just due to some growing pains? Temporary inconvenience that will eventually mean more accessibility for the entire stadium. Will we be "under construction" next season?

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » March 11th, 2022, 11:02 am

NVAggie wrote:
March 11th, 2022, 7:56 am
I would be interested to know if you gained any traction by talking to a person in the AD.
I GUARANTEE you that if our Aggie brother contacts one of the ticket dudes they will resolve the issue.
Lonely Cowboy

blueaggie

Post by blueaggie » March 11th, 2022, 12:10 pm

Lonely Cowboy wrote:
March 10th, 2022, 10:59 pm
Medical & health issues have allowed our family to enjoy the upper east side seats at football games, especially GA seats, and not need to climb down to lower sections of the stadium. Also the upper east parking lot has been accommodating for these same medical limitations.

We have zero interest in the south section that our season tickets have been redirected to now. Cluster…0% accommodations for special need fans in that section. Try going to the bathroom, in that section of the stadium durning halftime.

We will figure it out.

@USU Athletics - really?
I totally agree!
These users thanked the author blueaggie for the post:
Lonely Cowboy

Full

Post by Full » March 11th, 2022, 2:13 pm

CaptainChaos wrote:
March 11th, 2022, 10:30 am
rAggie wrote:

That's what I was wondering... Is this just due to some growing pains? Temporary inconvenience that will eventually mean more accessibility for the entire stadium. Will we be "under construction" next season?
Hartwell has stated construction on the Southeast corner of the stadium will begin following the 2022 season. It’s not an expansion, but a larger concourse with better concessions and upgraded restrooms. I don’t know if there is any relation to the GA seating going away. Even if it did, I would image the seats would be open if you call the ticket and get an invite to the seat selection event.

https://www.cachevalleydaily.com/news/a ... iu52sBlAWM

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » March 11th, 2022, 5:43 pm

aggies22 wrote:
March 11th, 2022, 11:02 am
NVAggie wrote:
March 11th, 2022, 7:56 am
I GUARANTEE you that if our Aggie brother contacts one of the ticket dudes they will resolve the issue.
I texted Cody yesterday and took care a a issue too. We have several things we could do better. Ticket renewal and non game day ticketing is not a problem. In fact it is extremely good.
These users thanked the author MWCFAN12 for the post:
aggies22

Lonely Cowboy

Post by Lonely Cowboy » March 11th, 2022, 8:21 pm

FYI - Ryan Benson is awesome and takes care of his fellow Aggies!
These users thanked the author Lonely Cowboy for the post:
aggies22

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » March 11th, 2022, 8:29 pm

Lonely Cowboy wrote:
March 11th, 2022, 8:21 pm
FYI - Ryan Benson is awesome and takes care of his fellow Aggies!
I'm interested to know the outcome of your situation once it's resolved.
Lonely Cowboy

Locked Previous topicNext topic