We need to change things up a bit...

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
RogerAndersen

We need to change things up a bit...

Post by RogerAndersen » September 26th, 2022, 1:05 pm

This team is an undisciplined trainwreck.

Time for The Andreason Doctrine. Named for local high school coach, Cliff Andreason.

"If you are winning or if you are fortunate enough to win the game, you say very very little."

"If you are losing or you lose the game, you say ######### nothing at all on the sideline, after the game, or on the way home."

This team needs to learn and demonstrate a little self-respect, respect for the game, respect for their team-mates, respect for their leaders, and respect for their fans.

The current situation is a (I can't express myself without swearing) show.
Last edited by RogerAndersen on September 26th, 2022, 6:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
These users thanked the author RogerAndersen for the post:
PIGSKINAGGIE

rAggie

Re: We need to change things up a bit...

Post by rAggie » September 26th, 2022, 3:06 pm

Agree with you completely Roger. It is a huge turnoff to me to see our players showboating when they're losing. I get the "competitive passion" to celebrate a big play, and if you start to rally the team coming together on the sideline and building the energy and the belief is important, but finger wagging after defending a pass when down by three scores is baloney.

There's plenty of time to celebrate and stunt on your opponents all you want after the clock hits zero. The losing team will always hear the winning team celebrating in the locker room.

Showing my True Colors since 2022

NavyBlueAggie

Re: We need to change things up a bit...

Post by NavyBlueAggie » September 26th, 2022, 3:23 pm

Many years ago when I was coaching prep football, an opposing player came to our sideline and ran his mouth. One of our coaches blew him away by yelling back..... "TELL ME THAT WHEN YOU'RE WINNING" BOY".

Enough said, and even then, win with some class, dignity and conduct becoming a winner. I've zero use for our of control flaming Hot Dogs

Locked Previous topicNext topic