What game did USU players look the least interested in showing up to?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.

What game did USU players appear to care the least about while playing this season?

Alabama (55-0)
54%
Weber State (35-7)
23%
BYU (38-26)
No votes
Boise (42-23)
No votes
Memphis (38-10)
23%

Total votes: 57

Chod

What game did USU players look the least interested in showing up to?

Post by Chod » December 27th, 2022, 5:25 pm

There were several games this year where it was obvious that the coaches and players did not want to be there. Which one was the worst?

Aggie84025

Re: What game did USU players look the least interested in showing up to?

Post by Aggie84025 » December 27th, 2022, 5:37 pm

Alabama and Weber for me. I would not include BYU and Boise on your list. Those were close games. The Boise score is lopsided but the Aggies were 13 yards from taking the lead with 2:30 minutes in the game.

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » December 27th, 2022, 5:39 pm

Memphis. I’m so glad I didn’t go to this. It was tempting, as it was very proximate to OkAggie, but I’ve seen this team play a lot, and I was 100% confident that we’re worse than Memphis.

Everyone played as if totally disinterested. That’s exactly what this team deserves. A nice 1,000 mile flight in route to receive a poorly-attended, cold, butt-kicking.
These users thanked the author 918AGG for the post (total 2):
ViAggieFloridaAggie13

Live every week like it’s Shark Week! :thumbsup:

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » December 27th, 2022, 5:53 pm

This season was a huge, sloppy slice of humble pie for the coaching staff and especially the players, with the bowl game trouncing the cherry on top. Remember how arrogant and cocky they were in September, talking trash after a routine play during a game they were losing by two touchdowns. Personal foul penalties galore, folding their arms after tackling a receiver following a twenty-yard gain. By the time they kicked off to Memphis to start the game, they'd just flat given up.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post (total 3):
AV8AGFan4AggieballAZSwaggieAggie

AV8AG

Post by AV8AG » December 27th, 2022, 5:57 pm

918AGG wrote:
December 27th, 2022, 5:39 pm
Memphis. I’m so glad I didn’t go to this. It was tempting, as it was very proximate to OkAggie, but I’ve seen this team play a lot, and I was 100% confident that we’re worse than Memphis.

Everyone played as if totally disinterested. That’s exactly what this team deserves. A nice 1,000 mile flight in route to receive a poorly-attended, cold, butt-kicking.
At least they have a flight, a lot of us are driving back to the great state of Utah in rentals because south worst is using a prehistoric hopscotch scheduling system.
These users thanked the author AV8AG for the post:
918AGG

“Sometimes my genius, it’s frightening” - Jeremy Clarkson

I guess there is all ways next year. :noidea:
https://www.usustats.com/ :rock:
https://www.mountainproject.com/forum

YouEssYou

Post by YouEssYou » December 27th, 2022, 6:22 pm

918AGG wrote:

I was listening to some post-game stuff and the thought hit me, what is going to be different next year? We return a ton of the players and I'm guessing the entire coaching staff (unless someone gets a better offer). So my expectations for next year not very high right now (I'll bet we lead the nation in stupid penalties again though).
These users thanked the author YouEssYou for the post (total 2):
FloridaAggie13918AGG

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » December 27th, 2022, 6:31 pm

YouEssYou wrote:
December 27th, 2022, 6:22 pm
918AGG wrote:

I was listening to some post-game stuff and the thought hit me, what is going to be different next year? We return a ton of the players and I'm guessing the entire coaching staff (unless someone gets a better offer). So my expectations for next year not very high right now (I'll bet we lead the nation in stupid penalties again though).
A lot of them will hit the portal later this week and HOPEFULLY the coaching staff will counsel out some dead weight.

SwaggieAggie

Post by SwaggieAggie » December 27th, 2022, 7:36 pm

I honestly think I was more excited to go back to work today than they were to be at this bowl game.
These users thanked the author SwaggieAggie for the post:
AV8AG

Locked Previous topicNext topic