Jordan Love gets the win

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

Jordan Love gets the win

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 5th, 2023, 2:16 pm

Admittedly, the guys around him played better just like he did. He had a few good deep balls on a drive setting up a field goal, then to close it out a 37 yard pass and a 20 yard touchdown.

These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post (total 4):
Bigger_Blue_AggieFan4AggieballAZAggieArmyaggies22

GameFAQSAggie

Re: Jordan Love gets the win

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 5th, 2023, 2:21 pm

The two times we lost to Boise with Love as our quarterback and Rypien with Boise were referenced at the end.

Fan4AggieballAZ

Post by Fan4AggieballAZ » November 5th, 2023, 2:22 pm

This is 1000% the kind of plays (inside the 25); I wish we’d use/exploit with our TE’s in the seam; it’s so there….
These users thanked the author Fan4AggieballAZ for the post (total 2):
Yossarianaggies22

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » November 5th, 2023, 2:25 pm

Fun game to watch….

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

UStateTim

Post by UStateTim » November 5th, 2023, 6:42 pm

It still ticks me off Rypien won Offensive Player of the Year in ‘18 when Love was so much better. I guess this is payback
These users thanked the author UStateTim for the post (total 2):
Blue SageAggieFBObsession

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 5th, 2023, 7:03 pm

UStateTim wrote:
November 5th, 2023, 6:42 pm
It still ticks me off Rypien won Offensive Player of the Year in ‘18 when Love was so much better. I guess this is payback
We're talking about the same crew that awarded Brady Hoke as coach of the year in 2021 over Blake when Hoke just met expectations winning the division compared to Blake being picked at the bottom.
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post (total 2):
Blue Sageaggies22

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » November 5th, 2023, 9:07 pm

I liked the look left, turn and look right, then hit the middle pass play. Glad JL played well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author WAAggie for the post:
AggiePT

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » November 6th, 2023, 9:17 am

That was a great play call to Musgrave. He blocked at first to suck the defense into thinking it was the second option than released into wide open space for the TD. Nice design, I wonder if Love had the option of hitting the left or right if they looked open?

AggiePT

Post by AggiePT » November 14th, 2023, 9:09 am

Didn't get the win. But man. He was cooking a lot of the game Sunday. Highlights here:

https://x.com/Ihartitz/status/1724448753833193587?s=20
These users thanked the author AggiePT for the post:
ViAggie

RigAggie

Post by RigAggie » November 14th, 2023, 10:40 am

Had a lot of dropped passes, and a few bad passes, but I think he is getting better week to week. It's tough listening to Colin Cowherd rip on Jordan. He must have lost a bet or something with Jordan playing. Can't stand that guy.
These users thanked the author RigAggie for the post:
AggiePT

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » November 14th, 2023, 10:53 am

The last couple games have been blacked out for my area. Has the oline been doing any better at giving him space/time. Seemed like he was always running for his life in the games I watched.

Where only sage brush grows

AggiePT

Post by AggiePT » November 14th, 2023, 11:48 am

MrBiggle wrote:
November 14th, 2023, 10:53 am
The last couple games have been blacked out for my area. Has the oline been doing any better at giving him space/time. Seemed like he was always running for his life in the games I watched.
The last 2 weeks he has had much more time, but he is also gliding around the pocket better and getting the ball out on time and in rhythm more often. You can see it in a couple of his throws in the highlights. They are opening up the offense and letting him sling it more, too. He has a ways to go, but the arrow is currently pointing up for JL.

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » November 14th, 2023, 11:52 am

From the little I watch

"They are opening up the offense and letting him sling it more, too. He has a ways to go, but the arrow is currently pointing up for JL."

This is what I see. More time and better passing plays have helped JL. Early on, his yards per throw were very low due to either him checking down, or boring play calling.
These users thanked the author WAAggie for the post:
AggiePT

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » November 14th, 2023, 12:26 pm

Man I want nothing more than to see Jordan become a long term starter but at this point, unless something changes drastically, I don't see GB moving forward with him after this season. I said before I don't think he has an NFL WR1 and is working with a rookie TE and the best WR I think they have (Reed) is a rookie as well. Except for the last couple of weeks they couldn't run the ball at all which also put JL in a difficult situation.

It will be interesting to see what the Packers do with him at the end of the season. Some other high profile QB's like Burrow and Allen haven't fared well this year but then guys like Dobbs and Stroud have shown you can win with little to no NFL experience so? who knows? Right now there are not a lot of media people or analysts that believe Jordan Love is the answer. Most agree with Colin Cowherd unfortunately.

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » November 14th, 2023, 12:29 pm

I think he will get a second year, especially if the front office realizes how limited the rest of the team is. Aaron Rodgers left because he knew he wouldn't be successful with Green Bay was putting around him.
These users thanked the author Coloraggie for the post:
AggiePT

Bullnamed_gus

Post by Bullnamed_gus » November 14th, 2023, 12:35 pm

Aglicious wrote:
November 14th, 2023, 12:26 pm
Man I want nothing more than to see Jordan become a long term starter but at this point, unless something changes drastically, I don't see GB moving forward with him after this season. I said before I don't think he has an NFL WR1 and is working with a rookie TE and the best WR I think they have (Reed) is a rookie as well. Except for the last couple of weeks they couldn't run the ball at all which also put JL in a difficult situation.

It will be interesting to see what the Packers do with him at the end of the season. Some other high profile QB's like Burrow and Allen haven't fared well this year but then guys like Dobbs and Stroud have shown you can win with little to no NFL experience so? who knows? Right now there are not a lot of media people or analysts that believe Jordan Love is the answer. Most agree with Colin Cowherd unfortunately.
Did you watch the Steelers game? He was very good. Awesome actually. He’s shown enough to at least get another year, that is if he doesn’t fall off a cliff and stays about where he’s at or improves. The talent is clearly there. The more games he gets, the more confidence he will get and the better he will be
These users thanked the author Bullnamed_gus for the post:
AggiePT

newtonianblue

Post by newtonianblue » November 14th, 2023, 12:54 pm

We were at the game cheering for a former Aggie not named Love lol - I told my wife all I wanted was for Jordan to have a good game but lose, and that wish worked out well.

Jordan looked really good this game. He had good field vision, looked great in the pocket, when he took off running he looked confident, honestly if he had a solid team around him I don’t think the Cowherds of the world would have any traction.

As a Steelers fan he scared the hell outta me. We were lucky to win that. It was good to see him play in person again, I think the Packers should and probably will hold on to him.
These users thanked the author newtonianblue for the post:
AggiePT

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » November 14th, 2023, 1:12 pm

Bullnamed_gus wrote:
November 14th, 2023, 12:35 pm
Aglicious wrote:

Did you watch the Steelers game? He was very good. Awesome actually. He’s shown enough to at least get another year, that is if he doesn’t fall off a cliff and stays about where he’s at or improves. The talent is clearly there. The more games he gets, the more confidence he will get and the better he will be
I did. I think what people will take away form that game is that Jordan doesn't have "it". He was able to move the ball between the 20's but then he threw an interception not once but twice on drives for the lead and/or win. It's crazy how close almost all of their losses have been - it could have been a different narrative with more W's - even if JL had the same type stats.

Bullnamed_gus

Post by Bullnamed_gus » November 14th, 2023, 1:17 pm

Aglicious wrote:
November 14th, 2023, 1:12 pm
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
Aglicious wrote:

I did. I think what people will take away form that game is that Jordan doesn't have "it". He was able to move the ball between the 20's but then he threw an interception not once but twice on drives for the lead and/or win. It's crazy how close almost all of their losses have been - it could have been a different narrative with more W's - even if JL had the same type stats.
His touchdown passes were elite. He made elite plays to put them in the position to even have a chance to win.

I don’t think anyone is judging him too harshly on those picks. Other than the few detractors that hate Love for no other reason than they hate him and the FO drafted him to replace Rodgers, everyone sees his talent

trevordude
Pick'em Champ - '22 FB Predict The Score

Post by trevordude » November 14th, 2023, 1:34 pm

He's been pretty meh so far. Injuries on the team were big at the start of the year. IMO of comparable QB's.

CJ Stroud
Sam Howell
Love
Bryce Young
Zach Wilson

Not sent from Tapatalk

Hoot

Post by Hoot » November 14th, 2023, 1:41 pm

trevordude wrote:
November 14th, 2023, 1:34 pm
He's been pretty meh so far. Injuries on the team were big at the start of the year. IMO of comparable QB's.

CJ Stroud
Sam Howell
Love
Bryce Young
Zach Wilson
lol yeah no not Wilson. That’s not just bias either. The other guys sure but Wilson just sucks. Any of the other guys would be lighting it up with his weapons.

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

Bullnamed_gus

Post by Bullnamed_gus » November 14th, 2023, 1:47 pm

trevordude wrote:

CJ Stroud
Sam Howell
Love
Bryce Young
Zach Wilson
Just admit you haven’t watched.

Stroud has been better, but love has been head and shoulders better than the rest of them.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » November 14th, 2023, 2:23 pm

Bullnamed_gus wrote:
November 14th, 2023, 1:47 pm
trevordude wrote:

CJ Stroud
Sam Howell
Love
Bryce Young
Zach Wilson

Stroud has been better, but love has been head and shoulders better than the rest of them.
Yeah Bryce Young just got outplayed by an undrafted D2 QB…

Howell is probably closest but Jordan would be doing amazing stuff with that supporting cast.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » November 14th, 2023, 2:36 pm

Bullnamed_gus wrote:
Aglicious wrote:

Love has had one issue that has turned the narrative against him. If he had hit his wide open deep passes (a few easy ones) the Packers would have reversed 3 games and have a winning record. Other than that he has been stellar in a really (I can't express myself without swearing) situation but some of those throws were awful. He hits those and cuts out 1 bad decision a game like his first pick Sunday and he is a top 10 QB. I don't know why he's struggled so badly with some of those routine throws and most of the worst ones have involved Christian Watson and so maybe they just can't get on the same page.

The media clickbait stuff is a joke but he's got to not to not miss the wide open deep throws and when he does they can't be short allowing a pick. If he starts to get that down he's going to be a starter for a while. So much of the other stuff is so unfair. He's replacing one of the most accurate and legendary Qbs ever with a trash o-line, the youngest receiver core and overall offense in the league, and a number one receiver who is always hurt and is struggling with press coverage and contested balls.
These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post:
AggiePT

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » November 14th, 2023, 2:44 pm

Aglicious wrote:
November 14th, 2023, 1:12 pm
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
Aglicious wrote:

Those picks weren't his fault.

Packers are my favorite NFL team. I follow them pretty closely. He's gonna get another year.
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
AggiePT

Bullnamed_gus

Post by Bullnamed_gus » November 14th, 2023, 3:00 pm

Hoot wrote:
November 14th, 2023, 2:23 pm
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
trevordude wrote:

CJ Stroud
Sam Howell
Love
Bryce Young
Zach Wilson

Howell is probably closest but Jordan would be doing amazing stuff with that supporting cast.
Love Arguably has the worst supporting cast on that list. Love scored go ahead 4th quarter points in the Denver and LV games, if the defense holds they’re 5-5 right now. He’s really good. Just because he’s not a top 5 QB get doesn’t mean they’re moving on from him.

He is really really really good. And the warts he had in college are a lot less bad now.

If he had his usual deep ball instead of trying to guide it in there the first 5 or so games his stat line looks a lot more impressive. Against the Steelers he had his typical deep ball. He’s just got to build confidence, block out noise, and keep going to work
These users thanked the author Bullnamed_gus for the post:
AggiePT

AggiePT

Post by AggiePT » November 14th, 2023, 3:07 pm

The talking heads and Fairweather fans on twitter are pushing the narrative that he sucks and cant hack it. But it sounds like the organization is liking what they are seeing. I would be shocked if he doesn't start next season there as well. They will have like 60 million more cap space to work with, as well as development from the current young roster. This year was always going to be a struggle. That's why they extended him through next season already.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » November 14th, 2023, 3:13 pm

Bullnamed_gus wrote:
November 14th, 2023, 3:00 pm
Hoot wrote:
November 14th, 2023, 2:23 pm
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
trevordude wrote:

CJ Stroud
Sam Howell
Love
Bryce Young
Zach Wilson

Love Arguably has the worst supporting cast on that list. Love scored go ahead 4th quarter points in the Denver and LV games, if the defense holds they’re 5-5 right now. He’s really good. Just because he’s not a top 5 QB get doesn’t mean they’re moving on from him.

He is really really really good. And the warts he had in college are a lot less bad now.

If he had his usual deep ball instead of trying to guide it in there the first 5 or so games his stat line looks a lot more impressive. Against the Steelers he had his typical deep ball. He’s just got to build confidence, block out noise, and keep going to work
Yeah I agree. I think he definitely has the worst supporting cast. Jones is a good RB when healthy but thats about it.

trevordude

Post by trevordude » November 14th, 2023, 3:14 pm

Bullnamed_gus wrote:
trevordude wrote:

CJ Stroud
Sam Howell
Love
Bryce Young
Zach Wilson

Sorry, I was listing them in a peer QB power ranking.

Love is right in the middle of new QBs.

Probably should include Desmond Ridder in there, but I haven't watched him

Not sent from Tapatalk

trevordude

Post by trevordude » November 14th, 2023, 3:18 pm

Bullnamed_gus wrote:
trevordude wrote:

CJ Stroud
Sam Howell
Love
Bryce Young
Zach Wilson

Should've been more clear, this was a list ranking. Howell and Love are very comparable numbers wise.

Love is a bottom third QB right now. That's not a terrible thing though

Not sent from Tapatalk

Hoot

Post by Hoot » November 14th, 2023, 4:01 pm

trevordude wrote:
November 14th, 2023, 3:18 pm
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
trevordude wrote:

CJ Stroud
Sam Howell
Love
Bryce Young
Zach Wilson

Should've been more clear, this was a list ranking. Howell and Love are very comparable numbers wise.

Howell has much, much, better talent surrounding him.

Bullnamed_gus

Post by Bullnamed_gus » November 14th, 2023, 6:19 pm

trevordude wrote:
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
trevordude wrote:

CJ Stroud
Sam Howell
Love
Bryce Young
Zach Wilson

He’s actually in the middle of the pack as far as EPA. The last three weeks he has been top 10. He’s not a bottom 3rd qb, it’s just not true

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » November 14th, 2023, 7:11 pm

Bullnamed_gus wrote:
trevordude wrote:
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
trevordude wrote:

CJ Stroud
Sam Howell
Love
Bryce Young
Zach Wilson

He’s actually in the middle of the pack as far as EPA. The last three weeks he has been top 10. He’s not a bottom 3rd qb, it’s just not true
He has bottom 5 receivers that's for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » November 15th, 2023, 3:09 am

When Mike Holmgren went to Seattle and was GM/Coach, his first attempt to build the team he went with vets on D and youth on O. Later on he admitted he set the rebuild back with this approach and should have done the reverse.
GB's O is way too young to win games. They need to sign some key veterans this off-season.

I hope GB gives up on Love and he goes to Seattle to step in for Geno Smith who is in the twilight of his career. Jordan would kill with a surrounding cast like Seattle has.

Bullnamed_gus

Post by Bullnamed_gus » December 31st, 2023, 9:53 pm

Aglicious wrote:

:)
These users thanked the author Bullnamed_gus for the post (total 2):
Blue SageAggieFBObsession

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic