Stopping donations, done caring.

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Bullnamed_gus

Re: Stopping donations, done caring.

Post by Bullnamed_gus » November 19th, 2023, 9:11 am

AGinNEIowa wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 8:48 am
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 8:12 am
NVAggie wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 7:55 am
You never know when the little donor becomes the big donor with a large windfall of money. Always take care of every fan. They can start a successful business or inherit a large chunk of money. You never know.
I’m definitely no little donor, especially in comparison to our donor list. But I’m definitely not the largest. It’s just hard to care when none of the decision makers care enough to hold anyone accountable. Maybe I’m wrong and Diana starts shaking things up. Just feels like a waste of my money.

But yes, me(a die hard, youngish donor) losing interest is a sign of a lot of others feeling the same way. When there’s 1, there is many more and Blake’s excuse making is getting on everyone’s nerves.
I'd be curious what you would expect to see to feel like any of the decision makers care enough to hold anyone accountable???

the AD has been in the position for only a couple of months - how can you say that she isn't holding anyone accountable? At this point, US has 2 programs that aren't doing well, and 4-5 that are quite stellar. Both those two have sizable contracts and buyouts - and with the financial situation it would seem that executing buyouts would be unreasonable at the timing when she arrived at the program.
Boise state just fired the reigning conference coach of the year, mid season while they still had a possible chance for a conference championship.

That buyout was huge and they didn’t have the funds at the time either

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » November 19th, 2023, 9:20 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
November 18th, 2023, 11:02 pm
AggieFBObsession wrote:
November 18th, 2023, 10:40 pm
Donman wrote:
November 18th, 2023, 9:15 pm
Bullnamed_gus wrote:It’s clear our coaching staff doesn’t care, if Blake and/or Cauthen survive this the Athletic Department doesn’t care. Why tf should I? This is an embarrassing performance. Put coached by a numb nuts interim HC.

This Boise team isn’t good. We are just back to being an embarrassing program at the absolute worst possible time.

I’m not looking forward to the Conference games in Las Cruces and El Paso.
Oh no how will the athletic department survive?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
This is the wrong reply and the wrong attitude. This is exactly why we find ourselves on the shoes we're in now. We cannot afford to disregard every supporter of athletics that has a legitimate complaint. If that continues to happen, Utah state deserves to be left out during the next round of conference realignment. You don't succeed by being dismissive of legitimate fans and legitimate money.

You'd be fired in an athletic department with some ambition if you carried this kind of an attitude to fans with a legitimate complaint.
Unless Gus owns an electric company or is a disgraced soccer team owner I can guarantee you the AD doesn’t care about you wanting to speak to the manager.

Nor does any bigger school. Who has even more big doors to appease.
I don't care about the bigger schools but as far as Utah state, Utah state cannot afford to lose support and cannot afford to be dismissive of fans.
These users thanked the author AggieFBObsession for the post:
AV8AG

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » November 19th, 2023, 9:21 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 9:02 am
NVAggie wrote:
You never know when the little donor becomes the big donor with a large windfall of money. Always take care of every fan. They can start a successful business or inherit a large chunk of money. You never know.
You can't make everyone happy and if someone can't understand that they aren't going to start a successful business.
That's no excuse for being dismissive of legitimate complaints
These users thanked the author AggieFBObsession for the post (total 2):
AV8AGutahcountyaggie

coolag

Post by coolag » November 19th, 2023, 9:31 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 8:53 am
coolag wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 7:45 am
Imakeitrain wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:
Donman wrote:
Bullnamed_gus wrote:It’s clear our coaching staff doesn’t care, if Blake and/or Cauthen survive this the Athletic Department doesn’t care. Why tf should I? This is an embarrassing performance. Put coached by a numb nuts interim HC.

This Boise team isn’t good. We are just back to being an embarrassing program at the absolute worst possible time.

This is the wrong reply and the wrong attitude. This is exactly why we find ourselves on the shoes we're in now. We cannot afford to disregard every supporter of athletics that has a legitimate complaint. If that continues to happen, Utah state deserves to be left out during the next round of conference realignment. You don't succeed by being dismissive of legitimate fans and legitimate money.

You'd be fired in an athletic department with some ambition if you carried this kind of an attitude to fans with a legitimate complaint.
Unless Gus owns an electric company or is a disgraced soccer team owner I can guarantee you the AD doesn’t care about you wanting to speak to the manager.

If that's the case the AD can eat shi+ and die. EVERY donor is important in an AD like USU's.
That's life toots.

Guys like the Laubs are going to have more influence. It's like that at every FBS program in the country. Another fact of life is that we all only have a certain amount of time and resources. If the AD is listening to your b*tch fit that means the AD is NOT doing things to support our teams and coordinating larger donor efforts. They certainly can't make decisions off of every b*tchy a$$ fan letter. How should they choose whose letter to follow?

.If you want to take that as you "aren't important" then that is a personal problem.
And I can guarantee you sport, that the AD, if they knew who you were would tell you to shut the fook up. But they don't know you. And thanks for that bit of information that the laubs are more important than the rest of us. No shi+ Sherlock. But to say the AD is not interested in all donors and their opinions is pretty much retarded. But.........

Regulator of Class

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » November 19th, 2023, 9:45 am

AggieFBObsession wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 9:20 am
Imakeitrain wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:
Donman wrote:

I don't care about the bigger schools but as far as Utah state, Utah state cannot afford to lose support and cannot afford to be dismissive of fans.
Utah State can’t afford to farm out decisions to every fans b*tchy a$$ email.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » November 19th, 2023, 9:46 am

AggieFBObsession wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 9:21 am
Imakeitrain wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 9:02 am
NVAggie wrote:
You can't make everyone happy and if someone can't understand that they aren't going to start a successful business.
That's no excuse for being dismissive of legitimate complaints
It’s not legitimate because without at least 6 and closer to 7 zeros after the donation number it’s not actionable.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » November 19th, 2023, 9:47 am

coolag wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 9:31 am
Imakeitrain wrote:
coolag wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:
Donman wrote:

If that's the case the AD can eat shi+ and die. EVERY donor is important in an AD like USU's.
That's life toots.

Guys like the Laubs are going to have more influence. It's like that at every FBS program in the country. Another fact of life is that we all only have a certain amount of time and resources. If the AD is listening to your b*tch fit that means the AD is NOT doing things to support our teams and coordinating larger donor efforts. They certainly can't make decisions off of every b*tchy a$$ fan letter. How should they choose whose letter to follow?

.If you want to take that as you "aren't important" then that is a personal problem.
And I can guarantee you sport, that the AD, if they knew who you were would tell you to shut the fook up. But they don't know you. And thanks for that bit of information that the laubs are more important than the rest of us. No shi+ Sherlock. But to say the AD is not interested in all donors and their opinions is pretty much retarded. But.........
Yes, that’s why I don’t send them b*tchy @$$ emails.

I also don’t casually drop the R-word.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post (total 2):
Zaggie07ChowderAggie

WasatchAggie

Post by WasatchAggie » November 19th, 2023, 9:58 am

I've been attending USU games for over 50 years and have had season tickets for around the last 25. This was as bad a game as I've seen. The Donk's 1st touchdown was after a shift by the defense that left the middle completely open. It was like it was planned. Rather frustrating and depressing state of the program - especially for someone who drives 2 hours one way.
Last edited by WasatchAggie on November 19th, 2023, 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author WasatchAggie for the post (total 7):
USU78JFWAggieflying_scotsman2.0cdaAgAggieFBObsessionvegasaggieutahcountyaggie

coolag

Post by coolag » November 19th, 2023, 9:59 am

Regulator of Class

coolag

Post by coolag » November 19th, 2023, 10:02 am

WasatchAggie wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 9:58 am
I've been attending USU games for over 50 years and have had season tickets for around the last 25. This was as bad a game as I've seen. The donks 1st touchdown was after a shift by the defense that left the middle completely open. It was like it was planned. Rather frustrating and depressing state of the program - especially for someone who drives 2 hours one way.
Unless you drive 4 hours one way the AD isn't interested in your bi+ch a$$ opinion.

Regulator of Class

Hoot

Post by Hoot » November 19th, 2023, 10:05 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 9:47 am
coolag wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 9:31 am
Imakeitrain wrote:
coolag wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:
Donman wrote:

That's life toots.

Yes, that’s why I don’t send them b*tchy @$$ emails.

I also don’t casually drop the R-word.
I second this. The R-word should only be used formally, like at black tie events.
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post (total 3):
Imakeitrainflying_scotsman2.0QanonAggie

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » November 19th, 2023, 10:07 am

Bullnamed_gus wrote:
November 18th, 2023, 8:02 pm
It’s clear our coaching staff doesn’t care, if Blake and/or Cauthen survive this the Athletic Department doesn’t care. Why tf should I? This is an embarrassing performance. Put coached by a numb nuts interim HC.

I moved my donation over to the women's soccer team after Blake's little tirade against our fans last year post-Weber State loss. It's been awesome and you should join me. You could also consider moving that money to volleyball or men's basketball.
These users thanked the author YoungBloodAggie for the post:
utahcountyaggie

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

WasatchAggie

Post by WasatchAggie » November 19th, 2023, 10:08 am

^^^
Well, on I-15 you never know....

austingalb

Post by austingalb » November 19th, 2023, 10:14 am

Please enjoy that Thanksgiving dinner at the Ramada Inn in Albuquerque.
These users thanked the author austingalb for the post:
ratofallaggies

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » November 19th, 2023, 10:17 am

WasatchAggie wrote:
I've been attending USU games for over 50 years and have had season tickets for around the last 25. This was as bad a game as I've seen. The Donk's 1st touchdown was after a shift by the defense that left the middle completely open. It was like it was planned. Rather frustrating and depressing state of the program - especially for someone who drives 2 hours one way.
I appreciate dudes such as yourself that have been so loyal after all these years.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 7):
Aggie formerly in HawaiiImakeitrainflying_scotsman2.0cdaAgWasatchAggievegasaggieChowderAggie

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » November 19th, 2023, 10:58 am

aggies22 wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 10:17 am
WasatchAggie wrote:
I appreciate dudes such as yourself that have been so loyal after all these years.
Wasatch Aggie has a lot of dog in him that you just can’t teach
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post (total 4):
cdaAgWasatchAggieaggies22trevordude

JFWAggie

Post by JFWAggie » November 19th, 2023, 10:59 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 10:07 am
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
November 18th, 2023, 8:02 pm
It’s clear our coaching staff doesn’t care, if Blake and/or Cauthen survive this the Athletic Department doesn’t care. Why tf should I? This is an embarrassing performance. Put coached by a numb nuts interim HC.

I moved my donation over to the women's soccer team after Blake's little tirade against our fans last year post-Weber State loss. It's been awesome and you should join me. You could also consider moving that money to volleyball or men's basketball.
good move, I am strongly considering putting all my eggs into the mens bball basket, I have zero faith in Blake at this point.

WasatchAggie

Post by WasatchAggie » November 19th, 2023, 11:43 am

^^^^
Thanks all but I have no choice, it's in my DNA. My great grandmother graduated in 1897 from USU. Her class was the first class of women (one prior woman graduated earlier). My family is now up to 5th generation Aggies. We come and support USU during good and bad times.

But games like last night really make the drive home L.O.N.G. And it makes you wonder where we will be in a year or two if things don't change immediately. And it raises the question can we change?
These users thanked the author WasatchAggie for the post (total 5):
flying_scotsman2.0USU78aggies22vegasaggiecdaAg

shoresy
Has thanked: 0

Post by shoresy » November 19th, 2023, 12:11 pm

We won a conference championship in football just two years ago
We have been competitive and fighting for conference title in men's basketball nearly all of my 40+ years on earth.
We have won three-straight volleyball MW titles.
We just won our first-ever soccer MW title.
We won a gymnastics title just two years ago and regularly have a top-25 team.
We are constantly cranking out All-Americans in track & field and cross country
We have multiple men's tennis MW titles and the team is always strong

But, we had a bad football game :(

If you're not an Aggie fan anymore because of that, you weren't an Aggie fan in the first place. Go cheer for BYU or Utah, who would never dare to suffer a bad loss.
These users thanked the author shoresy for the post (total 4):
Aggie formerly in HawaiiImakeitrainAGinNEIowaEngineeringAggie

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 19th, 2023, 12:42 pm

shoresy wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 12:11 pm
We have been competitive and fighting for conference title in men's basketball nearly all of my 40+ years on earth.

If you're not an Aggie fan anymore because of that, you weren't an Aggie fan in the first place. Go cheer for BYU or Utah, who would never dare to suffer a bad loss.
yeah last night sucked and people have the right to be mad, but it is still a great time for Aggie athletics. Even with the football frustration, we are recent conference champs and can make our 3rd straight bowl with a win Friday. It is such a far better spot than we we were for so long.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post (total 2):
cdaAgAGinNEIowa

Bigger_Blue_Aggie

Post by Bigger_Blue_Aggie » November 19th, 2023, 12:59 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
shoresy wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 12:11 pm

yeah last night sucked and people have the right to be mad, but it is still a great time for Aggie athletics. Even with the football frustration, we are recent conference champs and can make our 3rd straight bowl with a win Friday. It is such a far better spot than we we were for so long.
Agreed!
These users thanked the author Bigger_Blue_Aggie for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Donman

Post by Donman » November 19th, 2023, 1:31 pm

Amen

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » November 19th, 2023, 2:01 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:

Have you seen the stands? Pretty soon it will be just a couple of families at the game - the ones the AD cares about, and no one else.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post:
utahcountyaggie

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » November 19th, 2023, 2:24 pm

brownjeans wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 2:01 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:

Have you seen the stands? Pretty soon it will be just a couple of families at the game - the ones the AD cares about, and no one else.
We'll still be there and the AD doesn't care about us.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » November 19th, 2023, 2:27 pm

aggies22 wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 2:24 pm
brownjeans wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:

We'll still be there and the AD doesn't care about us.
Well, the AD should. Otherwise sellout games become rare (Mav or Spectrum) - even when the team is good.

I guess it's easier to blame "kids these days" than it is to do the work to generate interest and keep people returning and supporting.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post:
aggies22

Donman

Post by Donman » November 19th, 2023, 2:58 pm

Bullnamed_gus wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 9:11 am
AGinNEIowa wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 8:48 am
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 8:12 am
NVAggie wrote:
I’m definitely no little donor, especially in comparison to our donor list. But I’m definitely not the largest. It’s just hard to care when none of the decision makers care enough to hold anyone accountable. Maybe I’m wrong and Diana starts shaking things up. Just feels like a waste of my money.

But yes, me(a die hard, youngish donor) losing interest is a sign of a lot of others feeling the same way. When there’s 1, there is many more and Blake’s excuse making is getting on everyone’s nerves.
I'd be curious what you would expect to see to feel like any of the decision makers care enough to hold anyone accountable???

the AD has been in the position for only a couple of months - how can you say that she isn't holding anyone accountable? At this point, US has 2 programs that aren't doing well, and 4-5 that are quite stellar. Both those two have sizable contracts and buyouts - and with the financial situation it would seem that executing buyouts would be unreasonable at the timing when she arrived at the program.
Boise state just fired the reigning conference coach of the year, mid season while they still had a possible chance for a conference championship.

That buyout was huge and they didn’t have the funds at the time either
I thought you didn't care anymore?

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » November 19th, 2023, 3:05 pm

brownjeans wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:

You can’t run an organization if you do anything because a single supporter takes their ball and goes home.

If you don’t want to support the team financially, it’s your money- do what you want. But the idea that the AD is going to drop everything for a pissy fan is silly.

We’ve always struggled to get fans in November.

It’s not an airport you don’t have to announce your departure.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » November 19th, 2023, 3:29 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 3:05 pm
brownjeans wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:

You can’t run an organization if you do anything because a single supporter takes their ball and goes home.

If you don’t want to support the team financially, it’s your money- do what you want. But the idea that the AD is going to drop everything for a pissy fan is silly.

Agreed, but your statement was dismissive of all but the two largest supporters.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » November 19th, 2023, 3:49 pm

brownjeans wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 3:29 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:

Agreed, but your statement was dismissive of all but the two largest supporters.
I certainly hyperbolized but there are a handful of fans in any fanbase that have true power to call up the AD and make changes. That doesn’t make someone “unimportant” in life. It does mean some people are more important to the program than others.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » November 19th, 2023, 4:56 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 3:49 pm
brownjeans wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 3:29 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:

I certainly hyperbolized but there are a handful of fans in any fanbase that have true power to call up the AD and make changes. That doesn’t make someone “unimportant” in life. It does mean some people are more important to the program than others.
Fair.
And maybe the sentiment that the AD doesn't care about the average USU fan triggered me on a general issue I have where I feel we're not doing enough to put more butts in seats, and cultivate future fans. All I hear are excuses about national trends, Cache Valley people, the teams not being good enough to draw, what do you want them to do? etc.
It seems to me that easier to make excuses than get to work. I hate it.
So reading text about how the AD doesn't care about the average fan - well yeah, obviously.

Utah alum that likes USU

Post by Utah alum that likes USU » November 19th, 2023, 6:11 pm

Reality check for anyone thrilled about the success of any sport other than football ... it means nothing revenue wise. Football is 80%. Basketball is 20%. Everything else drains money and does not add. So it's swell if you happen to dig the LaCrosse champions personally ... but it's meaningless to the athletic department coffers. And that's a fundamental money problem.
These users thanked the author Utah alum that likes USU for the post:
utahcountyaggie

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 19th, 2023, 6:33 pm

Utah alum that likes USU wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 6:11 pm
Reality check for anyone thrilled about the success of any sport other than football ... it means nothing revenue wise. Football is 80%. Basketball is 20%. Everything else drains money and does not add. So it's swell if you happen to dig the LaCrosse champions personally ... but it's meaningless to the athletic department coffers. And that's a fundamental money problem.
Don't think anyone thinks that, but it shows Athletics are in good shape when other sports are doing as well as they are. Having a volleyball team that has won 14 straight and dominated the MW is good to see regardless of whether they are rolling in cash.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » November 19th, 2023, 7:02 pm

Everyone should be supporting the hockey team. Their home games all stream for free and their uniforms are awesome! I wish they sold replicas.
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post (total 3):
FloridaAggie13AV8AGtovli

AV8AG

Post by AV8AG » November 19th, 2023, 7:47 pm

Hoot wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 7:02 pm
Everyone should be supporting the hockey team. Their home games all stream for free and their uniforms are awesome! I wish they sold replicas.
I need to know we’re to watch!

“Sometimes my genius, it’s frightening” - Jeremy Clarkson

I guess there is all ways next year. :noidea:
https://www.usustats.com/ :rock:
https://www.mountainproject.com/forum

Hoot

Post by Hoot » November 19th, 2023, 7:56 pm

AV8AG wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 7:47 pm
Hoot wrote:
November 19th, 2023, 7:02 pm
I need to know we’re to watch!
Here’s the YouTube link. They stream all the games here:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCyXJwyH0 ... mbed-click

Here’s the schedule, they don’t stream away games but often times the opposing teams have their own stream on YouTube.
https://www.usuhockey.com/schedule/upcoming
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post (total 2):
Aggies1888AV8AG

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic