Still really struggling with NIL

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggiesdidwhat

Still really struggling with NIL

Post by aggiesdidwhat » December 22nd, 2023, 1:35 pm

I truly believe NIL is the end of college athletics. Maybe just for me :) I'm very curious though. Why doesn't NFL/NBA just setup semi pro leagues? Players wouldn't even need to go to a college that they already don't want to go to. I just can't see how small schools can keep up.

:(
Go Aggies!

Dwigt
Pick'em Champ - '20,'21 Weekly; '21 WTHCG

Re: Still really struggling with NIL

Post by Dwigt » December 22nd, 2023, 1:41 pm

aggiesdidwhat wrote:
December 22nd, 2023, 1:35 pm
I truly believe NIL is the end of college athletics. Maybe just for me :) I'm very curious though. Why doesn't NFL/NBA just setup semi pro leagues? Players wouldn't even need to go to a college that they already don't want to go to. I just can't see how small schools can keep up.

Go Aggies!
I doubt they would go semi-pro because the G League draws such horrible attendance. There isn’t a financial incentive to set it up.

Presumptuous and ill-informed.

pilotaggie

Post by pilotaggie » December 22nd, 2023, 1:43 pm

Dwigt wrote:
aggiesdidwhat wrote:

Go Aggies!
I doubt they would go semi-pro because the G League draws such horrible attendance. There isn’t a financial incentive to set it up.
This is the key. I have zero reason to watch the g League. Universities have a built in fan base. You take it out of the school and many people no longer care.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author pilotaggie for the post (total 3):
trevordudeaggies22FloridaAggie13

This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

trevordude
Pick'em Champ - '22 FB Predict The Score

Post by trevordude » December 22nd, 2023, 1:54 pm

USFL, XFL ... The NIL combined with transfers is the issue.

Need to just make players employees at this point.

Messy with title 9 though

Not sent from Tapatalk

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 22nd, 2023, 2:58 pm

Dwigt wrote:
December 22nd, 2023, 1:41 pm
aggiesdidwhat wrote:

Go Aggies!
Yep nobody cares about minor league sports. The appeal of college sports is the connection to a university and community. The SLC stars have more talent than USU, but the atmosphere of USU games are a million times better
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
FromLItoLogan

jackattack

Post by jackattack » December 22nd, 2023, 9:06 pm

aggiesdidwhat wrote:

Go Aggies!
Basketball players don’t have to go to college or overseas anymore. They can just play semi pro ball, then get drafted. From what I remember there aren’t a lot of possibilities but it’s possible. The G League Ignite have had a few players get drafted who never played college. Jonathon Kuminga for the Warriors is one of them.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 22nd, 2023, 9:21 pm

I am all for what NIL was supposed to be which is players providing a service to businesses for compensation in return. In boise this afternoon we were at Del Taco and they have a Chibuzo Agbo picture with a burrito named after him. That is exactly what NIL should be not just handing cash to players for doing no sponsorships etc. No reason all the restaurants in the valley can't promote players in a similar way.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic