Maverik Vs Alberstons Stadium

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Blue Sage

Maverik Vs Alberstons Stadium

Post by Blue Sage » December 24th, 2023, 3:02 pm

I have to be honest, after visiting the dated Albertsons Stadium, I was left feeling pretty underwhelmed. It's like Boise State hasn't really put much back into their fan experience. We all know about the infamous blue field, but there's more to critique. The stadium is riddled with outdated bench seating which feels unwelcoming and is accessed only by very small steps. Not to mention you feel like entering prison just to get into the game. When sitting on the seating you feel way too far from the game action. I noticed a number of the LED stadium lights were not working, which detracted from the ambiance. The food? Mediocre at best. And let's talk design – both ends of the stadium seem like they were just tacked on without much thought. Another big issue was the acoustics – there were weird echoes all over, making it hard to get into the game spirit. The sound quality was really compromised. And the PA announcer? Less than stellar, which only added to the lackluster experience. I have to say, the whole elevated trough set up in the men's bathroom is a bit weird. Maybe it's time for BSU to focus less on potatoes and more on giving that stadium a complete overhaul. I doubt I'll be going back anytime soon.

In stark contrast, Maverik Stadium knows how to treat its fans. Great visibility, a wide array of food vendors, diverse seating options, and much better facilities for men – My visit to Albertsons Stadium made me appreciate the Mav even more.
These users thanked the author Blue Sage for the post (total 3):
sstrasseraggies22IdaAg93

#hornsup!

SLB

Re: Maverik Vs Alberstons Stadium

Post by SLB » December 24th, 2023, 3:07 pm

Maverick Stadium is really nice with continuous improvements, and people should go to the games despite the struggles. Good view of the field from every seat, good food, and etc.
These users thanked the author SLB for the post (total 3):
Blue SageAV8AGsstrasser

ususports

Post by ususports » December 24th, 2023, 3:29 pm

Blue Sage wrote:
December 24th, 2023, 3:02 pm
Another big issue was the acoustics – there were weird echoes all over, making it hard to get into the game spirit.
I think our team sucking and having nothing to cheer about made the acoustics bad and hard getting into the spirit of the game.

Blue Sage

Post by Blue Sage » December 24th, 2023, 3:37 pm

ususports wrote:
December 24th, 2023, 3:29 pm
Blue Sage wrote:
Another big issue was the acoustics – there were weird echoes all over, making it hard to get into the game spirit.
I think our team sucking and having nothing to cheer about made the acoustics bad and hard getting into the spirit of the game.
I’m talking about when the band played it was a bit hard to follow due to the acoustics Which would be true regardless of team performance. Was also hard to do the Sweet Caroline which we always do no matter the game situation.

#hornsup!

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » December 24th, 2023, 3:45 pm

Albertsons is easily in the bottom 10% of all NCAA stadiums. It's terrible and not only due to the awful field.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post (total 5):
AggieFBObsessionBlue SageIntermeddlerAV8AGIdaAg93

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

shoresy
Has thanked: 0

Post by shoresy » December 24th, 2023, 4:34 pm

Albertsons Stadium is the worst NCAA stadium I've ever been to, and it's not exactly close. I despise that place. It's just idiotic architecture that sets up a miserable fan experience.

Although, I do enjoy having adult beverage options. Especially during a game like yesterday's.
These users thanked the author shoresy for the post:
Blue Sage

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » December 24th, 2023, 7:06 pm

Worst stadium I’ve ever been in. Terrible place to watch a game.
These users thanked the author bluegrouse for the post (total 2):
Blue SageAV8AG

trevordude
Pick'em Champ - '22 FB Predict The Score

Post by trevordude » December 24th, 2023, 7:50 pm

Anyone been to the new SDSU stadium for comparison?
These users thanked the author trevordude for the post:
Blue Sage

Not sent from Tapatalk

Blue Sage

Post by Blue Sage » December 24th, 2023, 9:38 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
December 24th, 2023, 7:06 pm
Worst stadium I’ve ever been in. Terrible place to watch a game.

#hornsup!

Full

Post by Full » December 24th, 2023, 11:16 pm

trevordude wrote:
December 24th, 2023, 7:50 pm
Anyone been to the new SDSU stadium for comparison?
I was in both recently. The new SDSU stadium is much better. They had chair backs, that although not as comfortable as Maverick’s are way ahead of Boise’s bench seating. The bathrooms were comparable to Maverick. The field markings were hard to see, but the natural grass is green. The concessions at SDSU were better designed and implemented than Maverick. I never had a reaction to their sound system or stadium announcers, like the potato bowl. Boise does have the advantage of drawing fans to games and a passionate fan base. I’m not sure people in San Diego care which university in the city has a football team.
These users thanked the author Full for the post (total 2):
Blue Sagetrevordude

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » December 25th, 2023, 11:42 am

I called the Boise stadium experience like going through a cattle shoot the first time I visited, and the day before yesterday? Same experience. No concession on the lower levels, bathrooms had NO soap in the dispensers, it's like they were completely unprepared for this game. The only thing they had to eat were those silly pizza cones. Yea, very disappointed with Boise on that one.
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post (total 2):
SLBAV8AG

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

SLB

Post by SLB » December 25th, 2023, 12:25 pm

Potato bowl should be at Maverik since it is our 6-win team bowl game, and Maverik is much nicer.
These users thanked the author SLB for the post:
ViAggie

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » December 25th, 2023, 12:30 pm

SLB wrote:
December 25th, 2023, 12:25 pm
Potato bowl should be at Maverik since it is our 6-win team bowl game, and Maverik is much nicer.
You act like we own the place because we have been there so much. In reality, The potato bowl owns us.
These users thanked the author LarryTheAggie for the post:
sstrasser

SLB

Post by SLB » December 25th, 2023, 12:43 pm

LarryTheAggie wrote:
December 25th, 2023, 12:30 pm
SLB wrote:
You act like we own the place because we have been there so much. In reality, The potato bowl owns us.
It was a point and a joke. Lighten up on Christmas

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » December 25th, 2023, 12:55 pm

SLB wrote:
December 25th, 2023, 12:43 pm
LarryTheAggie wrote:
December 25th, 2023, 12:30 pm
SLB wrote:
It was a point and a joke. Lighten up on Christmas
It was a point and a joke. Lighten up on Christmas.

:)
These users thanked the author LarryTheAggie for the post:
newtonianblue

BearLakeMonster

Post by BearLakeMonster » December 25th, 2023, 1:19 pm

ViAggie wrote:
December 25th, 2023, 11:42 am
I called the Boise stadium experience like going through a cattle shoot the first time I visited, and the day before yesterday? Same experience. No concession on the lower levels, bathrooms had NO soap in the dispensers, it's like they were completely unprepared for this game. The only thing they had to eat were those silly pizza cones. Yea, very disappointed with Boise on that one.
I was expecting a better sound system, but otherwise it was just like it looked on TV.

The piss troughs were a bit of a surprise, but remember it has been less that 10 years since we got rid of ours.

The food selections were sparse, but the cheese steak sandwiches were not bad. Obviously they have more selections during the regular season, but Maverik only does better here because of our food truck space. One big thing in their favor was they did not run out of hot chocolate before halftime.

My only regret was not taking an ice fishing tent with a buddy heater to sit in. Wife wanted lower deck seats so we could fit next to our kid in the band. We were in the shade all afternoon with that 6 knot North wind blowing right in our faces. Coldest game I've ever sat through.
These users thanked the author BearLakeMonster for the post (total 2):
ViAggieIdaAg93

"The evil I can tolerate. But the stupidity... Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself homo!"

Aggieiester

Post by Aggieiester » December 26th, 2023, 11:06 am

It's a mismatched mess of used stadium parts and a nightmare for anybody with an OCD for having things nice and even, but I would trade that disaster of a stadium in a hot minute for a fanbase like theirs.

ToastedFlakes52

Post by ToastedFlakes52 » December 26th, 2023, 11:52 am

ViAggie wrote:
Those pizza cones were pretty good though...

The stadium is trash, for all reasons mentioned above. Been there a few times and I'm always surprised at how trashy it feels (don't get me started on their bathrooms). It's their own fault for being so successful in football that they had to keep adding seats without a master plan due to a high fan demand :joking:

Wish we had the same problem (too many fans for our stadium capacity due to winning all the time...)

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » December 26th, 2023, 12:44 pm

BearLakeMonster wrote:
December 25th, 2023, 1:19 pm
ViAggie wrote:
I was expecting a better sound system, but otherwise it was just like it looked on TV.

The piss troughs were a bit of a surprise, but remember it has been less that 10 years since we got rid of ours.

The food selections were sparse, but the cheese steak sandwiches were not bad. Obviously they have more selections during the regular season, but Maverik only does better here because of our food truck space. One big thing in their favor was they did not run out of hot chocolate before halftime.

My only regret was not taking an ice fishing tent with a buddy heater to sit in. Wife wanted lower deck seats so we could fit next to our kid in the band. We were in the shade all afternoon with that 6 knot North wind blowing right in our faces. Coldest game I've ever sat through.
Don't remember any piss troughs in Logan 19 years ago. Where were they?

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » December 26th, 2023, 1:57 pm

GeoAg wrote:
December 26th, 2023, 12:44 pm
BearLakeMonster wrote:
ViAggie wrote:

I have never seen them in Logan either.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » December 26th, 2023, 2:17 pm

Easily the worst stadium I have been to.

You can tell there was no masterplan to it and they just added as needed. The upper level is massive and hangs so far over the lower level that the lower level seats are awful, especially given how far away they are from the field, and how flat they are, to accommodate the track that used to go around the stadium.

I am a bit surprised they haven't built something new (though I admittedly know nothing about local issues that may prevent that). They could have a really nice stadium like Baylor's utilizing the setting next to the river, etc.

I like Boise and the trip is short. I would go up any year we are in that game or our road games there if the venue wasn't so awful.
These users thanked the author Intermeddler for the post:
ViAggie

The Old Bull

Post by The Old Bull » December 26th, 2023, 3:33 pm

ususports wrote:
December 24th, 2023, 3:29 pm
Blue Sage wrote:
No question our teams performance was the worst part of the fan experience on Saturday…. But that doesn’t diminish the points made by the OP. We have sat on the 50 in the upper bowl since 2012. Sat in the lower twice before that. Once on the east side and once on the west. Visibility is terrible down there because with the track you are so far from the field. I was surprised they hadn’t updated the troughs. I wouldn’t trade them stadiums… or towns… but I have to admit their taxes would be nice… so would I trade stadiums if it meant registering my vehicles and trailers every two years for half the price… maybe.

BearLakeMonster

Post by BearLakeMonster » December 26th, 2023, 4:05 pm

dyedblue wrote:
December 26th, 2023, 1:57 pm
GeoAg wrote:
BearLakeMonster wrote:
ViAggie wrote:

The old west side men's rooms at Romney. I guess they weren't troughs per se, but it was a wall that we'd all line up against with water running down the side into a drain. Same group urination experience.
These users thanked the author BearLakeMonster for the post:
ustate98

"The evil I can tolerate. But the stupidity... Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself homo!"

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » December 26th, 2023, 4:09 pm

BearLakeMonster wrote:
December 26th, 2023, 4:05 pm
dyedblue wrote:
December 26th, 2023, 1:57 pm
GeoAg wrote:
BearLakeMonster wrote:
ViAggie wrote:

The old west side men's rooms at Romney. I guess they weren't troughs per se, but it was a wall that we'd all line up against with water running down the side into a drain. Same group urination experience.
Is this before 2006? Because the old one I remember had too few urinals (like 3 or 4 in each bathroom), but everyone had their own urinal at least.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

BearLakeMonster

Post by BearLakeMonster » December 27th, 2023, 1:14 pm

GeoAg wrote:
December 26th, 2023, 4:09 pm

Is this before 2006? Because the old one I remember had too few urinals (like 3 or 4 in each bathroom), but everyone had their own urinal at least.
Maybe. Now I'm not sure. I used the West side toilets very infrequently but could have sworn there was more to the inconvenience than just long lines.

Anyone else want to join me in the Mandela effect or am I on my own here?

Blue Sage

Post by Blue Sage » December 28th, 2023, 1:26 pm

BearLakeMonster wrote:
December 27th, 2023, 1:14 pm
GeoAg wrote:

Maybe. Now I'm not sure. I used the West side toilets very infrequently but could have sworn there was more to the inconvenience than just long lines.

Boises “collection trough” is just under waist high or so. Making worse than the typical wall and trough thing as you can’t fire and forget, it keeps it all right there for you to experience…

#hornsup!

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » December 28th, 2023, 3:55 pm

BearLakeMonster wrote:
December 27th, 2023, 1:14 pm
GeoAg wrote:

I honestly don't remember the west side situation that well. I do remember troughs in the east concourse restroom that was just replaced at least through the 80's and 90's and maybe into the 00's. I only ventured in there a few times but it was a thing of my childhood nightmares. :lol:

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 28th, 2023, 5:15 pm

A funny story related to pissing is when I watched us play at Duke, I took advice I read somewhere on the internet that they strongly recommend that when you go to a game at Cameron Indoor Stadium, you drink as little water as possible before the game so that you can make it through the whole game without having to go cause they have limited restrooms at Cameron Indoor and a big crowd of everyone having to use them at halftime, so I did just that going out of my way to drink a little liquid as possible the morning of the game.
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » December 28th, 2023, 5:51 pm

I complain a lot about Maverik, but it is really a nice little stadium. Great viewing lines, but crowded concourses (when we get a crowd.)

I’d we could fill in the east side wings and redo the south end zone, it would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author newhouse9 for the post:
ViAggie

IdaAg93

Post by IdaAg93 » December 28th, 2023, 8:32 pm

It's my 7th or 8th time in watching USU play in that stadium. I say "I'll never go back" after each game.
In order to make it a better experience, I spent good money on the Club seats. They were covered which somewhat moderated the breeze, but otherwise, it was no different than down below. No heat to speak of. They leave the doors open to the walkway so inside was still cold. No goodies for the Club seating, just a soft seat. They had a potato bar up there that was 25$ -- for damn potato and a some carrot cake. Bottled drinks only for 5$. I spent so much money on watching us get smoked. Never again to Boise. IKIK.
USU Club seating, sat in them once while serving on the BBSF Board a few years back. They served food (all you can eat and drink), actual radiant heat coming from the ceiling. We needed a hoodie in November and was plenty warm. Whole different experience. USU is a class above.
These users thanked the author IdaAg93 for the post (total 2):
ToastedFlakes52ViAggie

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » December 28th, 2023, 11:35 pm

IdaAg93 wrote:
December 28th, 2023, 8:32 pm
It's my 7th or 8th time in watching USU play in that stadium. I say "I'll never go back" after each game.
In order to make it a better experience, I spent good money on the Club seats. They were covered which somewhat moderated the breeze, but otherwise, it was no different than down below. No heat to speak of. They leave the doors open to the walkway so inside was still cold. No goodies for the Club seating, just a soft seat. They had a potato bar up there that was 25$ -- for damn potato and a some carrot cake. Bottled drinks only for 5$. I spent so much money on watching us get smoked. Never again to Boise. IKIK.
USU Club seating, sat in them once while serving on the BBSF Board a few years back. They served food (all you can eat and drink), actual radiant heat coming from the ceiling. We needed a hoodie in November and was plenty warm. Whole different experience. USU is a class above.
That was my 5th time seeing the Ags play FB in Boise, 3rd time down on the smurf turf. Still not impressed with the stadium. I will say this though... DT Boise? It's pretty damn nice. The hinterlands? Not so much (sorry if you live in the hinterlands of Boise, that's just my opinion).

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Tetonkatest

Post by Tetonkatest » December 29th, 2023, 9:31 am

You'd think the State of Idaho would build Boise State a new state of the art stadium, as it is really the only large stadium in the entire State.

Really odd that Idaho has no quality stadiums.

Bullnamed_gus

Post by Bullnamed_gus » December 29th, 2023, 11:02 am

Tetonkatest wrote:
December 29th, 2023, 9:31 am
You'd think the State of Idaho would build Boise State a new state of the art stadium, as it is really the only large stadium in the entire State.

Idaho has no interest in growing their state. They’re the opposite of Utah. They think they’re okay how they are and see change as bad. They see what Utah became post Olympics and want the opposite. Taxpayers won’t want it

Hoot

Post by Hoot » December 29th, 2023, 2:43 pm

Bullnamed_gus wrote:
December 29th, 2023, 11:02 am
Tetonkatest wrote:
December 29th, 2023, 9:31 am

Idaho has no interest in growing their state. They’re the opposite of Utah. They think they’re okay how they are and see change as bad. They see what Utah became post Olympics and want the opposite. Taxpayers won’t want it
I think it’s less that Idaho doesn’t want to grow and more that they don’t like the people who are making it grow lol
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post:
Bullnamed_gus

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » December 29th, 2023, 3:02 pm

We left after the first quarter. Even with the promise of suite tickets at halftime. Just a horrible miserable place to watch your team get their asses kicked in.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic