PAC 12 let their commissioner go

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SLB

PAC 12 let their commissioner go

Post by SLB » February 16th, 2024, 1:56 pm

The PAC-12 George Kliavkoff is no longer going to be the PAC 12 commissioner, and we all know that the MWC commissioner would be considered for the job.

cval

Re: PAC 12 let their commissioner go

Post by cval » February 16th, 2024, 2:03 pm

Why would she want to be Commissioner of the PAC 2?

Hoot

Post by Hoot » February 16th, 2024, 2:17 pm

cval wrote:
February 16th, 2024, 2:03 pm
Why would she want to be Commissioner of the PAC 2?
She might want to be commissioner of the PAC 14
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post (total 2):
cvalViAggie

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » February 16th, 2024, 2:58 pm

If they have a Commissioner it will likely be Oliver Luck, and it will only be an intierm short term thing. But my guess is they just hang tight until they merge.
These users thanked the author LarryTheAggie for the post:
ViAggie

SLB

Post by SLB » February 17th, 2024, 7:20 pm

LarryTheAggie wrote:
February 16th, 2024, 2:58 pm
If they have a Commissioner it will likely be Oliver Luck, and it will only be an intierm short term thing. But my guess is they just hang tight until they merge.
The best possible result is full merger with a large media deal that makes MWC-PAC2 the 5th biggest money conference by far.
The MWC schools (including the Aggies) will upgrade as the merger happens to make a seamless to being a P5 conference.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » February 18th, 2024, 11:47 pm

What's the PAC-12??
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 3):
GordoAggiejackattackAggiePT

NowhereLandAggie

Post by NowhereLandAggie » February 20th, 2024, 2:28 pm

LarryTheAggie wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/20/sport/te ... index.html

Teresa Gould it is.
These users thanked the author NowhereLandAggie for the post:
LarryTheAggie

SLB

Post by SLB » February 20th, 2024, 2:37 pm

NowhereLandAggie wrote:
February 20th, 2024, 2:28 pm
LarryTheAggie wrote:

Teresa Gould it is.
I am curious to see how the MWC commish and Gould work together.

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » February 20th, 2024, 3:17 pm

NowhereLandAggie wrote:
LarryTheAggie wrote:

Teresa Gould it is.
Which seems like the most "hang tight until they merge" move ever. Spend 2 days looking for a replacement for the guy that ran the conference into the ground, just to hire his second in command? If they were planning on saving the conference they would have put more thought into the hire.

RogerAndersen

Post by RogerAndersen » February 22nd, 2024, 5:04 pm

I agree. These do not seem like a moves orchestrated by a conference planning a major coup d'etat and repositioning effort.

This seems much more like moves brought on by a long stalled and deliberated resignation to what the future will/could look like.

I simply don't see a majority of the PAC remnants wanting to hitch their wagon to the MWC. In the end, a few of the programs may not have another option.

In reality though, what better options will ever exist for WSU/OSU and perhaps ib ttoa / rebuilding with another P4 conferenceetat

RogerAndersen

Post by RogerAndersen » February 22nd, 2024, 5:05 pm

I agree. These do not seem like a moves orchestrated by a conference planning a major coup d'etat and repositioning effort.

These seems much more like moves brought on by a long stalled and deliberated resignation to what the future will/could look like.

I simply don't see a majority of the PAC remnants wanting to hitch their wagon to the MWC. In the end, a few of the programs will simply not have another option.

What better options are ever going to exist for WSU/OSU than perhaps rebuilding a solid western conference with a lot of peer MWC institutions.

The P4 ship already sailed. Your schools were not on it.

You can choose to align with a group of non P4 like-minded western schools, or you can choose to align with a group of non P4 midwestern/southern schools.

Your move P2.
Last edited by RogerAndersen on February 23rd, 2024, 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author RogerAndersen for the post:
Section_L_Aggie

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » February 23rd, 2024, 12:15 pm

I have to chuckle a bit thinking that the PAC2 could pull off some cherry pick of the MWC, including taking us while ignoring others. I just don't see the benefit of joining the PAC2 if it's just a handful of schools. Wooop tee doo we get to play Oregon State in Corvallis and Washington State in Moscow Idaho... err Pullman Washington (same place). Don't get me wrong, I think they will be a solid addition to the MWC/PAC14, but no one is beating down the door and paying big time exit fees just to join up with these two. Remember what Condi Rice said in that interview about Stanford joining the ACC, we'll have an easier time getting our Student Athletes to some of our east cost conference mates than we ever did getting to Pullman. She ain't lying.

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

RogerAndersen

Post by RogerAndersen » February 23rd, 2024, 6:19 pm

I should have stated that better.

If the P2 had a clue in the pretty little heads, they would be scrambling to jump in the MWC boat.

They don't so they will sit there and pine away for the good old days when they used to collect fat paychecks for having programs like USC, UCLA, Utah, and even Stanford in the league.

Hello. Those programs are not going to be in any version of the P12 moving forward that includes your schools.

The time for a very solemn and sobering meeting at OSU/WSU is rapidly approaching.

Hang around and play prima donna too long and see how you are welcomed into the league.

Recruiting at those schools is already falling of the cliff. Now will they hem and haw and squander even the lifeline that is being tossed their way?

Stupid...

LKGates

Post by LKGates » February 24th, 2024, 10:58 pm

On paper, I like the idea of adding OSU and WSU to the conference. That would bring the total number Land Grant schools to 7 in a 14 member conference. In practice, I am concerned that they would be like Boise State and San Diego State, absolutely sure that they are better than the rest of us, always looking for the bigger better deal, and creating a constant state of anxiety and instability in the conference.

I'm almost ready to tell them, "Have a nice life. Call us when we're your first choice, not your back-up plan."
These users thanked the author LKGates for the post (total 3):
AngusAgUSU78OKAggie

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » February 25th, 2024, 11:40 am

LKGates wrote:
February 24th, 2024, 10:58 pm
On paper, I like the idea of adding OSU and WSU to the conference. That would bring the total number Land Grant schools to 7 in a 14 member conference. In practice, I am concerned that they would be like Boise State and San Diego State, absolutely sure that they are better than the rest of us, always looking for the bigger better deal, and creating a constant state of anxiety and instability in the conference.

I'm almost ready to tell them, "Have a nice life. Call us when we're your first choice, not your back-up plan."
When I was at USU a girl I knew told all of her friends we were dating then later told them we had broken up. I had no idea any of this was going on an only ever talked to her to say hi in a class we shared.

Later on she asked me if we could get back together and I had to let her know that we were never together in the first place and that I was quite engaged to my fiancée . She hit with your same line almost verbatim.
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post:
FloridaAggie13

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » March 2nd, 2024, 1:30 pm

SLB wrote:
February 20th, 2024, 2:37 pm
NowhereLandAggie wrote:
LarryTheAggie wrote:

Teresa Gould it is.
I am curious to see how the MWC commish and Gould work together.
I see a day of shoe shopping with lunch squeezed in between mani-pedis at a spa and lots of catching up on the latest gossip.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
USU78

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic