I sure hope we are making players wait until

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

I sure hope we are making players wait until

Post by GameFAQSAggie » April 17th, 2024, 2:13 pm

The spring transfer window closes for them to collect their NIL checks.
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post (total 3):
EngineeringAggietrevordudeflying_scotsman2.0

NavyBlueAggie

Re: I sure hope we are making players wait until

Post by NavyBlueAggie » April 17th, 2024, 6:09 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
April 17th, 2024, 2:13 pm
The spring transfer window closes for them to collect their NIL checks.

BULLSEYE GFA.
It's Just common bulldog financial sense to do such. [/size] Anything less is economic ignoramus.

cval

Post by cval » April 17th, 2024, 6:35 pm

Didn’t we read somewhere that NIL could not be contingent on playing for a certain school?

Doesn’t make sense, but I thought that’s what we talked about.

Bullnamed_gus

Post by Bullnamed_gus » April 17th, 2024, 6:41 pm

cval wrote:
April 17th, 2024, 6:35 pm
Didn’t we read somewhere that NIL could not be contingent on playing for a certain school?

That’s the idea but who’s going to enforce it. Put it in nil contracts that I they leave they have to pay it back.

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » April 18th, 2024, 3:17 pm

Bullnamed_gus wrote:
April 17th, 2024, 6:41 pm
cval wrote:

That’s the idea but who’s going to enforce it. Put it in nil contracts that I they leave they have to pay it back.
I don't think you could do that. But you should be able to sign a contract that would require a kid to do commercials for your business. Lets say Ike Larsen were to transfer (only because he is the only guy I can think of with NIL for football). Ike goes to the UofU. Wilson motors has a contract for him to do commercials and what they want him to say in the commercial is "Wilson Motors and Aggie Football is the best winning combination in the state of Utah, everyone lets go to Wilson motors and Go Aggies". You think the guys giving UofU players Trucks will be OK with a guy making a pitch for Wilson motors? Heck no. So the kid may have to give us his truck to go to the U. The other option is the kid could break the contract with Wilson motors, at which point Wilson motors could file a suit for breach of contract and recollect everything they have paid to the player and perhaps sue for damages, especially if said player is driving a truck from another dealer. Would like to see how far that would go. If I had deal with a player for NIL I would certainly want a contract so that I'm not paying someone to drive in a vehicle from another dealer (or in the case of BYU for another MLM!). I'd also want my contract to have a non-compete clause, you probably wouldn't be able to state which school they have to play for but you could certainly limit their advertising for other products. I'd really be interested to see how far that would go. It would either severely restrict transfers or restrict players getting NIL.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » April 18th, 2024, 3:22 pm

Bullnamed_gus wrote:
cval wrote:

you can't enforce them playing for the school but they certainly can enforce when NIL is paid out to try and keep players taking money and then just transferring.

Bullnamed_gus

Post by Bullnamed_gus » April 19th, 2024, 7:05 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
April 18th, 2024, 3:22 pm
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
cval wrote:

you can't enforce them playing for the school but they certainly can enforce when NIL is paid out to try and keep players taking money and then just transferring.
Again, I repeatedly ask, what rules say we can’t? The NCAA rules clearly don’t apply anymore. I want the USU collective to establish the contract and enforce it and make someone challenge us in court. Real
Simple.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic