Rahsul Faison

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

Re: Rahsul Faison

Post by GameFAQSAggie » April 28th, 2024, 4:23 pm

aggies22 wrote:
April 28th, 2024, 4:15 pm
Aggie702 wrote:
April 28th, 2024, 4:08 pm
Is he back?

I will absolutely verify this one.
Verify the staff deciding to let him back along with him wanting back.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » April 28th, 2024, 4:24 pm

RAHSUL IS BACK!!! He turned down a couple of P4 visits this weekend because he felt Utah State was where he belongs!
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 11):
Section_L_AggieAggie702FromLItoLoganEngineeringAggieAggieUprising50HootUSU78FloridaAggie13jackattacknewtonianblue and one more user

SLB

Post by SLB » April 28th, 2024, 4:26 pm

This is great to hear that Faison is back.

FromLItoLogan

Post by FromLItoLogan » April 28th, 2024, 4:30 pm

aggies22 wrote:
April 28th, 2024, 4:24 pm
RAHSUL IS BACK!!! He turned down a couple of P4 visits this weekend because he felt Utah State was where he belongs!
Definitely a big shot of morale back into the program. Anderson will have to spell out clearly why he was allowed back and others weren't.
These users thanked the author FromLItoLogan for the post:
Section_L_Aggie

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » April 28th, 2024, 4:33 pm

aggies22 wrote:
I wonder if Blake is softening his stance.
On one hand it seems a lot of guys are entering regardless. On the other Faison didn’t spend very long in the portal (if he was officially in at all) so maybe that played a role :noidea: Regardless I’m glad he’s home.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » April 28th, 2024, 4:36 pm

FromLItoLogan wrote:
April 28th, 2024, 4:30 pm
aggies22 wrote:
Definitely a big shot of morale back into the program. Anderson will have to spell out clearly why he was allowed back and others weren't.
He refused to let Cam Lampkin, Phil Paea, and Byron Vaughns back when they were wanting back after MONTHS of testing the waters and not getting what they wanted. He probably would have let those guys back if they were wanting back within a week.

Rahsul probably wouldn't have been allowed back if he waited until July to decide he wanted back.

EngineeringAggie

Post by EngineeringAggie » April 28th, 2024, 4:42 pm

Let’s let AJ Carter back too then.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » April 28th, 2024, 4:47 pm

EngineeringAggie wrote:
April 28th, 2024, 4:42 pm
Let’s let AJ Carter back too then.
The real concern about AJ Carter is him being out of football shape from not playing or practicing for a year.

Bullnamed_gus

Post by Bullnamed_gus » April 28th, 2024, 5:09 pm

Definitely happy to have him back, I really hope Blake isn’t softening his stance. Because it’s not a good message to send to the locker room if he is playing favorites

Agezzz

Post by Agezzz » April 28th, 2024, 5:28 pm

Bullnamed_gus wrote:
April 28th, 2024, 5:09 pm
Definitely happy to have him back, I really hope Blake isn’t softening his stance. Because it’s not a good message to send to the locker room if he is playing favorites
He's consistently inconsistent....on so many levels. I want the Aggies to win. BA is not the guy in my opinion to get them there and navigage the new college FB reality. There is no reason that USU can't be in the top third of the league year in and year out. I don't think that's too much to expect. We have the resources to do exactly that!

Maybe I'm the lone ranger, but two 6-6 seasons with bowl loses is nothing great, or what we should aspire to. At one time, we would have been thrilled. Let's not forget out losses in those 6-6 seasons were mostly blowouts and non competitive.

USU's facilities, Salary to coaches support, NIL support and the conference affilation demand more. Our fans should expect more, our Donors should expect more, Cache Valley should expect more, and our AD and President should without question expect and demand more!!

Go Aggies!!
These users thanked the author Agezzz for the post:
Hoot

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » April 28th, 2024, 5:45 pm

I doubt Blake is being capricious about letting guys back. I'm guessing there are some extenuating circumstances, or he's changing the policy in some way for everyone.

I could be wrong.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post:
aggies22

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

AggieUprising50

Post by AggieUprising50 » April 28th, 2024, 6:23 pm

We'll we've crossed the Rubicon when it comes to allowing people to come back. I'm confident Blake and co. will figure it out.

With that said, I'm so happy we are bringing Faison back! The fact that he was getting big time offers and still chose to come back says a lot.
These users thanked the author AggieUprising50 for the post:
Section_L_Aggie

EngineeringAggie

Post by EngineeringAggie » April 28th, 2024, 6:31 pm

If you promise to provide the evidence that you were tampered with then you should be allowed back.
These users thanked the author EngineeringAggie for the post:
3rdGenAggie

Hoot

Post by Hoot » April 28th, 2024, 6:39 pm

Agezzz wrote:
April 28th, 2024, 5:28 pm
Bullnamed_gus wrote:
He's consistently inconsistent....on so many levels. I want the Aggies to win. BA is not the guy in my opinion to get them there and navigage the new college FB reality. There is no reason that USU can't be in the top third of the league year in and year out. I don't think that's too much to expect. We have the resources to do exactly that!

Maybe I'm the lone ranger, but two 6-6 seasons with bowl loses is nothing great, or what we should aspire to. At one time, we would have been thrilled. Let's not forget out losses in those 6-6 seasons were mostly blowouts and non competitive.

USU's facilities, Salary to coaches support, NIL support and the conference affilation demand more. Our fans should expect more, our Donors should expect more, Cache Valley should expect more, and our AD and President should without question expect and demand more!!

Go Aggies!!
I agree with everything you said. If there’s ever a GM role I think Blake could do that really well. He has some shortcomings as a coach but you can’t deny the guy has a knack for finding diamonds in the rough.

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » April 28th, 2024, 7:22 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
April 28th, 2024, 5:45 pm
I doubt Blake is being capricious about letting guys back. I'm guessing there are some extenuating circumstances, or he's changing the policy in some way for everyone.

I could be wrong.
100% extenuating circumstances.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 3):
3rdGenAggieSection_L_AggieHoot

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » April 28th, 2024, 8:14 pm

Bullnamed_gus wrote:
I think it depends on the player and how many scholarships are available. We have plenty available and Faison is a good player. I think a coach has to be somewhat flexible in these things.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » April 28th, 2024, 9:59 pm

Agezzz wrote:
Bullnamed_gus wrote:

Go Aggies!!
lol. No.

We are in the middle of the MWC in salary and that is where we are performing. Our facilities are ok but aren’t on the level of teams that routinely win. Fans? What fuggin fans? We can’t routinely fill a 27,000 seat stadium except when an opposing team’s fans buy 30% of the tickets.

The valley abandons the team in November when it’s cold, or when there is whatever teacher conference or hunting season starts. And generally can’t be bothered to attend games.

This isn’t the team the valley deserves. It’s far better than the valley deserves. The valley deserves the early 2000s and 90s.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post (total 3):
AggieiesterSection_L_AggieUSUaggie

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » April 28th, 2024, 10:38 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
April 28th, 2024, 9:59 pm
Agezzz wrote:
Bullnamed_gus wrote:

Go Aggies!!
lol. No.

We are in the middle of the MWC in salary and that is where we are performing. Our facilities are ok but aren’t on the level of teams that routinely win. Fans? What fuggin fans? We can’t routinely fill a 27,000 seat stadium except when an opposing team’s fans buy 30% of the tickets.

The valley abandons the team in November when it’s cold, or when there is whatever teacher conference or hunting season starts. And generally can’t be bothered to attend games.

This isn’t the team the valley deserves. It’s far better than the valley deserves. The valley deserves the early 2000s and 90s.
Just wait till the roller coaster is in, we’re gonna have to expand to 50k overnight
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post (total 2):
LarryTheAggieDreadPirateRoberts

Heathen

Post by Heathen » April 29th, 2024, 9:04 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
Agezzz wrote:
Bullnamed_gus wrote:

Go Aggies!!
lol. No.

Got to agree with @Imakeitrain. I don't think we are justified to expect more, given the realities of our current support and budget. But we can strive for more by doing a little when we can. Contribute a little to the collective. Attend games and bring a friend. Buy and wear Aggie merch. Support the businesses who support USU and let them know that helped win your business. If you are a coach or attend a church, indoctrinate the kids to like the Aggies. Drive to Idaho and play the lottery. Huh, I guess that is all of my ideas. (I can't express myself without swearing).
These users thanked the author Heathen for the post:
Imakeitrain

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » April 29th, 2024, 9:26 am

Is it bad that I am honestly just fine being in the top half or the conference in football? Meaning at least 6 wins a year, some years we will be better than that, every once in a while we will be in the championship race.

As long as that means we are in the top quarter in basketball and the other sports. Like our athletes program has been the last 5 years.

Look we have limited resources. And you cannot have a good athletics program with a BAD football program, but I think you can have a good athletics program without a great football program.

In economic terms, maybe the utility maximizing function for the athletics program includes a football minimizing function subject to a bowl eligibility constraint.
These users thanked the author LarryTheAggie for the post (total 4):
Section_L_AggieNVAggieflying_scotsman2.0Zaggie07

mike1126

Post by mike1126 » April 29th, 2024, 9:31 am

Spend the NIL money on lottery tickets. We'll be bottom of mwc or the top.
These users thanked the author mike1126 for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

AggieDad

Post by AggieDad » April 29th, 2024, 10:30 am

So, now that Faison is coming back to USU, does that mean BA is the man? I guess if he gets blamed for Faison entering the portal, he ought to be credited for him coming back?
These users thanked the author AggieDad for the post (total 16):
flying_scotsman2.0AngusAgaggies22tetonaggieaggieguy13Section_L_AggieAggieUprising50AggieiesterEngineeringAggieViAggie and 6 more users

Agezzz

Post by Agezzz » April 29th, 2024, 2:43 pm

Heathen wrote:
April 29th, 2024, 9:04 am
Imakeitrain wrote:
Agezzz wrote:
Bullnamed_gus wrote:

Go Aggies!!
lol. No.

Got to agree with @Imakeitrain. I don't think we are justified to expect more, given the realities of our current support and budget. But we can strive for more by doing a little when we can. Contribute a little to the collective. Attend games and bring a friend. Buy and wear Aggie merch. Support the businesses who support USU and let them know that helped win your business. If you are a coach or attend a church, indoctrinate the kids to like the Aggies. Drive to Idaho and play the lottery. Huh, I guess that is all of my ideas. (I can't express myself without swearing).
I have trouble with your pessimistic thinking. Success builds attendence, donations, better teams OOC, better players. Are you really happy being a 6-6 team and getting blown out in some Bowl game that now creates a losing season? I'm so tired of hearing the same old reasons for lack of success. How many of you in a sales career would still have a job with year after year failure. A lawyer that is sub 500 in cases...you get my point. If we can be top third in BB we can do it in FB.

Don't whine if a new conference is formed and we are left out due to our poor FB record and reputation.

Go Aggies! Let's have another losing season....I'm just fine with that!!! Such Bull$hit thinking.

josephconlin

Post by josephconlin » April 29th, 2024, 4:27 pm

AggieDad wrote:
April 29th, 2024, 10:30 am
So, now that Faison is coming back to USU, does that mean BA is the man? I guess if he gets blamed for Faison entering the portal, he ought to be credited for him coming back?
I'm not quite sure if this is the "feats of strength" or "Festivus miracles" part of this Festivus season.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic