Spring "light practice" notes

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
IdaAg93

Spring "light practice" notes

Post by IdaAg93 » April 20th, 2024, 10:03 pm

Alright, just a few of my limited observations as I sat on the front row in the blue seats.
-It was a beautiful day. Concessions were open (didn't partake). Players were in good spirits.
QB: We had two (2) red jerseys on the field. That was odd. Not good, but says something about the depth we did have.
--Petras was fantastic. His frame is pro style, confident, and comfortable with the offense already. Was amazed at his command of the offense already. I'm certain they kept it simple, yet he hit nearly all of his throws. Really only one or two I remember where the receiver didn't turn quick enough to haul it in. Nice sideline through to Otto for a TD. He is good. Looks very natural in this offense.
--Barnes was better than average and might be as good as Cooper. He's got an odd release on his ball. Not quite a side arm, although he pulled one of those out and his his man on the target due to pressure. He releases at about 130pm kind of angle. Not a lot of lift on his ball. I can see him best at short to medium distance throws. If he has to put height and touch on it, it likely won't happen. He played well and hit most of his targets.
Receivers: Gotta say, I only really noticed one stand out. Someone correct me and I've not see stats to verify anything, but Otto Tia was the best on the field. McGilvery (sp) might have been next. Both with great hands and solid routes.
RBs: Briggs looked good, as we know. No changes. Coddle seemed to get second most reps and ran strong.
Defense: Secondary played the best, I believe. Not much got past them. Lots of passes thrown in the flat and short 4-8 yrd throws that were caught. JD Drew was awesome.
TE: I honesty don't remember many throws to them. Anyone else?
Other observations: That Buffalo transfer is solid and has a great build. Reminds me of Leavitt.

Not dressed: Francois, Switzer, Tuatagaloa (TE) who had a bum right leg, I know there were others....?

I may add more as I think of it.

These users thanked the author IdaAg93 for the post (total 8):
Aggie84025AussieAggieDadHootAngusAgflying_scotsman2.0AggieArmytrevordudecdaAg

Aggie84025

Re: Spring "light practice" notes

Post by Aggie84025 » April 20th, 2024, 10:22 pm

Thanks for the write-up I appreciate it. I am trying to be level headed on Petras but every poster that has went to practice or scrimmages this spring has posted how good he has looked. Hopefully it translates to the field this fall.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » April 20th, 2024, 11:35 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
April 20th, 2024, 10:22 pm
Thanks for the write-up I appreciate it. I am trying to be level headed on Petras but every poster that has went to practice or scrimmages this spring has posted how good he has looked. Hopefully it translates to the field this fall.
I'm one of those posters and I agree, it better translate.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
Aggie84025Slim80

trevordude
Pick'em Champ - '22 FB Predict The Score

Post by trevordude » April 21st, 2024, 4:32 pm

When's the last season we had with a QB who started all the games in a season? Love?

Not sent from Tapatalk

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » April 21st, 2024, 4:39 pm

trevordude wrote:
April 21st, 2024, 4:32 pm
When's the last season we had with a QB who started all the games in a season? Love?
2021 actually had Bonner starting every game. It just also had a game that was back and forth, a game that ended with Peasley and a game that ended with Legas.
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post:
trevordude

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic