FYI -- tickets for the championship game

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
utaggies

FYI -- tickets for the championship game

Post by utaggies » March 26th, 2012, 11:00 am

The on-line computer which doles out tickets is only providing nose-bleed tickets right now and even those are right behind the baskets -- the worst seats in the house. I suspect had I purchased my tickets last night I would have looked a lot like Bob Ueker in the "He missed the call!" commercials. The ticket office will sell you tickets but they are not very good ones pending them first finding out if season ticket holders want to purchase. Season ticket holder seats will be released at 5:00 p.m. tomorrow and will be available on-line later that evening. The ticket office will open at 10 a.m. on Wednesday to also sell those tickets.

It's a bit of a gamble but I'm waiting to see if I can get tickets in sections A, B or X before I explore other options. I hope I am not left out in the cold.

kofdog

Re: FYI -- tickets for the championship game

Post by kofdog » March 26th, 2012, 11:15 am

I don't think you will be...Lots of season ticket holders are not going and leaving open spots here and there. It's gonna be a good crowd I"m sure but still room to move down...I"m gambling too.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » March 26th, 2012, 11:23 am

Ticketing website has always sucked. Will not let you pick certain sections, or even look at sections to see what is available. Also why not open tickets up to everyone after tonight?

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

kofdog

Post by kofdog » March 27th, 2012, 9:43 pm

Got me some good tickets tonight online...

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 28th, 2012, 9:32 am

Just got a ticket on row 7 at the half court line. Some great seats still available.

kofdog

Post by kofdog » March 28th, 2012, 10:06 am

It appears it fills up based on rows not sections if that makes sense. When I bought them it was selling the corner by section f (C,E) because it was rows 1-4....now I see it doing rows 7 and up in the middle sections...So I went with C row 3 thinking I had scored...Section A would have been nice too...Sure hopes this means people aren't flaking out again and not coming.

usublue20

Post by usublue20 » March 28th, 2012, 11:56 am

Does anyone have the email address to whomever is in charge of the ticket office? I have a complaint.
I have been to every home game all year including all the CIT games. After Sunday's game I purchased tickets to tonights game from the website. Not bad tickets but not great either. Last night I saw they had released some better tickets. Quite a bit better in fact. I went to the ticket office this morning to see if they would exchange for better seats. First I was told that these were great seats and I wouldn't be able to find anything better (they are on row 17). I explained to them that is not true because I just checked 5 min before and there were plenty available. I was then told it didn't matter anyway because they were not going to exchange them.
I told them what I thought of their service and left.

The more I think about it today the madder I get. It is things like this that drive fans away. We need all the support we can get from the community at these games. I may be wrong but in my mind I think they should be bending over backwards to help each and every fan to have the best experiance at each and every game. Instead they have some kind of power complex that says screw you we don't care what you think we are in charge so go suck it.

Will this change my support of Aggie athletics ? Probably not. I wil always support them but It surely will make me think twice before writing out a bigger check.

I would just like let whoever is in charge up there know my feelings.
I may be wrong but I know of a few others that have had similar problems.

AgSpaceCase

Post by AgSpaceCase » March 28th, 2012, 12:31 pm

Wowie. That is horrible customer service and the ticket office management should hear about it. I recall a few posters commenting on how the new ticket office manager was great to work with. I got this email off of the Athletics Website. The site lists Katie Hickman as interim manager, I would contact her first. katie.hickman@usu.edu, 435-797-0304.

"Due to budget cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off...."

kofdog

Post by kofdog » March 28th, 2012, 1:53 pm

usublue20 wrote:Does anyone have the email address to whomever is in charge of the ticket office? I have a complaint.
I have been to every home game all year including all the CIT games. After Sunday's game I purchased tickets to tonights game from the website. Not bad tickets but not great either. Last night I saw they had released some better tickets. Quite a bit better in fact. I went to the ticket office this morning to see if they would exchange for better seats. First I was told that these were great seats and I wouldn't be able to find anything better (they are on row 17). I explained to them that is not true because I just checked 5 min before and there were plenty available. I was then told it didn't matter anyway because they were not going to exchange them.
I told them what I thought of their service and left.

The more I think about it today the madder I get. It is things like this that drive fans away. We need all the support we can get from the community at these games. I may be wrong but in my mind I think they should be bending over backwards to help each and every fan to have the best experiance at each and every game. Instead they have some kind of power complex that says screw you we don't care what you think we are in charge so go suck it.

Will this change my support of Aggie athletics ? Probably not. I wil always support them but It surely will make me think twice before writing out a bigger check.

I would just like let whoever is in charge up there know my feelings.
I may be wrong but I know of a few others that have had similar problems.
I feel your pain here...but at the same time, gonna have to stick up for the ticket office some. I know they don't always explain themselves very well and their customer service could be better, but the things you are talking about have been discussed and known during this whole CIT. Season tickets were being held until the day of the game. If you wanted good seats you waited until the day of. Also, the tickets have in big bold letters, no exchanges on them and it was in the disclaimer when you bought them. They especially can't do that now that they email you the tickets. You could print off two copies...

So yeah, bad customer service but they only did what they said they were going to do from the beginning.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 28th, 2012, 1:59 pm

I've never known of a ticket office anywhere that would exchange tickets after purchase. My ticket says right on it NO REFUNDS. NO EXCHANGES. in big bold letters. I've waited until day of for all of the CIT games because I know that's when the best seats become available.

usublue20

Post by usublue20 » March 28th, 2012, 3:46 pm

They sure didn't have a problem exchanging my tickets for the first game when they called two hours before the start of the game and told me my tickets were no longer valid and that I would have to come get new ones at will call for different seats.

It would not have been that hard to cancel my tickets and issue me new ones. It's not like there is a shortage of tickets. I don't see one reason why such a simple thing could not have been easily taken care of. If I were to treat my patients in similar manner I would soon be without any patients and out Iof a job. I guess because there is no other alternative they feel like that can do whatever they please.
Whatever happened to common courtesy? I was not trying to take advantage of anything or anyone. The tickets were available it would have taken probably 5 mouse clicks and I would have left feeling great about Aggie athletics. Now when when I get the next phone call asking for more if a donation I'll just have to say "sorry you already got your donation no exchanges"

kofdog

Post by kofdog » March 28th, 2012, 3:53 pm

Yeah, sorry man, just not seeing it. I can understand if they were jerks, cause I've seen them do that, but their policy was there and well established before you bought your seats. They have to be there for other people who try to screw over the system. The tickets also say on them that they have the right to change your seats, time of the event or whatever. It is what it is.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » March 28th, 2012, 5:38 pm

kofdog wrote: You could print off two copies...
The print at home tickets are set up so that you can only print off a ticket once. A barcode can only be scanned once, then a second copy of a ticket wouldn't work.

kofdog

Post by kofdog » March 28th, 2012, 6:33 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
kofdog wrote: You could print off two copies...
The print at home tickets are set up so that you can only print off a ticket once. A barcode can only be scanned once, then a second copy of a ticket wouldn't work.
Just printed mine off 4 times to test :) ... Don't take me literally, you can see how it can be a problem

Locked Previous topicNext topic