Tray Boyd: Offer

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggies1
Pick'em Champ - '20 BB Predict The Score & '20 FB Bowl

Post by aggies1 » February 5th, 2018, 3:24 pm

Well, it isn't a big man offer, but an offer to a JUCO shooting guard who is on the #1 rated JUCO team in the nation. Currently undefeated at 25-0. He shoots 48.8% from 3 and averages just over 15.3 PPG(2nd highest on his team) . He looks to be a 3 point shooter as he is averaging 3.5 makes per game. Not bad with that percentage. He has about 15 offers from Mid Major programs.

http://www.nwfraiders.com/sports/mbkb/2 ... _tray_v7ql

http://verbalcommits.com/players/tray-boyd-iii

freshman season stats at Union University http://www.uuathletics.com/custompages/ ... istics.pdf

Hoopsnut
Has thanked: 0

Re: Tray Boyd: Offer

Post by Hoopsnut » February 5th, 2018, 3:33 pm

Ok....... I guess the program needs more 3 point shooters........ still hoping for a strong 5 that can defend the post and average a double double. I guess coach is thinking something different. Hopefully it’s good news that Stall and Janicek will be 100% and ready for camp in October!

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » February 5th, 2018, 3:43 pm

Hoopsnut wrote:
February 5th, 2018, 3:33 pm
Ok....... I guess the program needs more 3 point shooters........ still hoping for a strong 5 that can defend the post and average a double double. I guess coach is thinking something different. Hopefully it’s good news that Stall and Janicek will be 100% and ready for camp in October!
You know we're bringing in Roche Grootfaam right? Between him, Stall & Janicek possibly getting healthy, Taylor, and Henson potentially getting a lot of minutes at the 4 next year, we won't be bringing in any more JC big men. That's pretty much guaranteed unless we get some news that Stall or Janicek's career is over.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » February 5th, 2018, 3:47 pm

I'd take him. These are the types of players we need for our current system. We need 2-3 good big men who can rebound and defend the interior. Hoping Grootfaam can bring that and I believe Stall brings that if he's healthy. Other than that, we need athletic guys who can shoot, drive, and pass. I think this guy fits the bill.

utaggies

Post by utaggies » February 5th, 2018, 4:56 pm

aggies1 wrote:
February 5th, 2018, 3:24 pm
Well, it isn't a big man offer, but an offer to a JUCO shooting guard who is on the #1 rated JUCO team in the nation. Currently undefeated at 25-0. He shoots 48.8% from 3 and averages just over 15.3 PPG(2nd highest on his team) . He looks to be a 3 point shooter as he is averaging 3.5 makes per game. Not bad with that percentage. He has about 15 offers from Mid Major programs.

http://www.nwfraiders.com/sports/mbkb/2 ... _tray_v7ql

http://verbalcommits.com/players/tray-boyd-iii

freshman season stats at Union University http://www.uuathletics.com/custompages/ ... istics.pdf
The offers all look like lower D1 teams with perhaps the exception of USU, Iona, UTEP and NMS.

SectionBAggie

Post by SectionBAggie » February 5th, 2018, 9:46 pm

Hoopsnut wrote:
Let me warn you that hoping for something that hasn't happened in Logan for more than 40 years through at least 5 coaches is a recipe for disappointment. The last Aggie to average double digit rebounds was Mike Santos in 76-77. (Thanks USUStats!!!). The game has changed since those days. There are not as many rebounds available - thanks to Dean Smith and the shot clock. Dean slowed the game down, and the clock sped it up over Dean's influence but it never returned to be a fast game (with an occasional exception like LMU).

For example, this year USU is averaging 34.3 rebounds and giving up 34.3 - a total of 68.6 average. The USU team record in a game is 82 - in a game which they won by scoring points 96. That's right. Almost 14 more rebounds as a team than they now average combined in a game and in a game where they scored almost 100. There were many more rebounds available then.

There are currently 19 NCAA DI players averaging double digits in rebounds. Don't know how many of them are averaging double figures. But it is elite company. I'd love to see it happen, but that is an awfully high bar to place my hopes on.

TheConspirator
Been thanked: 0

Post by TheConspirator » February 5th, 2018, 10:25 pm

Hoopsnut wrote:
Any coach that would bank on Stall being healthy going forward is an idiot. Whatever PT he has left in his body should be considered an added bonus and he should’ve been recruited over by now. As for Janicek, even at 100% he isn’t good enough to give us any kind of post presence on defense or the boards.

usufan5477
Been thanked: 0

Post by usufan5477 » February 6th, 2018, 9:43 am

Need some depth on the wing. My guess is Isby won't be back.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » February 6th, 2018, 11:16 am

TheConspirator wrote: Any coach that would bank on Stall being healthy going forward is an idiot. Whatever PT he has left in his body should be considered an added bonus and he should’ve been recruited over by now. As for Janicek, even at 100% he isn’t good enough to give us any kind of post presence on defense or the boards.
Agreed. None of our posts are good enough - full stop.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me.
~Dudley Field Malone

Hoopsnut

Post by Hoopsnut » February 6th, 2018, 11:37 am

If you spent enough time on this board ...... you’d become paranoid and believe that the Aggies will never win another game! I hope we’re not as hard on our families as we are on our team. This stuff is brutal!

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » February 6th, 2018, 12:38 pm

My family sucks. I keep trying to recruit over them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoopsnut

Post by Hoopsnut » February 6th, 2018, 4:50 pm

LMAO!

bwcrc

Post by bwcrc » February 6th, 2018, 4:56 pm

WAaggieFan wrote:
February 6th, 2018, 12:38 pm
My family sucks. I keep trying to recruit over them.

You can always try counseling out or quietly getting the word out that you are open to some tampering to have them lured away.

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » February 6th, 2018, 6:00 pm

Ironically my wife’s name is Colleen. I’m afraid that if she heads down to Salt Lake I’ll only be able to replace her with perimeter play. I’m pretty late in the signing period....

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » February 6th, 2018, 7:16 pm

I signed a five star

Locked Previous topicNext topic