Duryea's contract

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Re: Duryea's contract

Post by TheAKAggie » April 18th, 2018, 2:39 pm

usufan5477 wrote:No I said I have met him twice. Just know someone who knows him. Duryea is a high character guy and for anybody to suggest he would do this to the team is nuts. It doesn't matter what the contract says. Barnes as others in the athletic department are going to say that it was supposed to be 5 years like they agreed on. USU messed up the contract. That is on them. At the end of the day they will have to pay Duryea the full amount you will all see. Everyone doubted me about this issue before and I told you then I was right and then it comes out in the paper. I know what I am talking about.

Again I am getting soooo excited about this new Coach. Bringing in some studs!!! Hartwell is a stud AD. I just can't hardly stand the excitement!!!!
I met Tim way more than two times and really liked the guy and our conversations. I also have the ability to read. I see 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » April 18th, 2018, 2:48 pm

usufan5477 wrote:
April 18th, 2018, 2:07 pm
No I said I have met him twice. Just know someone who knows him. Duryea is a high character guy and for anybody to suggest he would do this to the team is nuts. It doesn't matter what the contract says. Actually that may be all that matters. It is more likely than not that Parole Evidence doesn't come in if there were a trial (which I don't believe there will be). As for what Barnes will say in a formal legal setting, I highly doubt he wouldn't stand by the contract that was signed with his involvement -- that would impact his own credibility and his career. Funny thing about a formal legal process, many good 'ole boys like Duryea find out that formality trumps their buddies.Barnes as others in the athletic department are going to say that it was supposed to be 5 years like they agreed on. USU messed up the contract. That is on them. At the end of the day they will have to pay Duryea the full amount you will all see. Everyone doubted me about this issue before and I told you then I was right and then it comes out in the paper. Pretty easy for Duryea's golfing buddy Shawn to print a bad self-serving story in the paper; but it certainly doesn't control the legal contract. I know what I am talking about.

Again I am getting soooo excited about this new Coach. Bringing in some studs!!! Hartwell is a stud AD. I just can't hardly stand the excitement!!!!
Last edited by USUBlue on April 18th, 2018, 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TrueAG

Post by TrueAG » April 18th, 2018, 2:49 pm

usufan5477 wrote:
No I said I have met him twice. Just know someone who knows him. Duryea is a high character guy and for anybody to suggest he would do this to the team is nuts. It doesn't matter what the contract says. Barnes as others in the athletic department are going to say that it was supposed to be 5 years like they agreed on. USU messed up the contract. That is on them. At the end of the day they will have to pay Duryea the full amount you will all see. Everyone doubted me about this issue before and I told you then I was right and then it comes out in the paper. I know what I am talking about.

Those 2 meetings must have been awe inspiring for this level of support. Even the apostles hedged their bets on the SOG.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 18th, 2018, 4:15 pm

TrueAG wrote:
April 18th, 2018, 2:49 pm
usufan5477 wrote:
No I said I have met him twice. Just know someone who knows him. Duryea is a high character guy and for anybody to suggest he would do this to the team is nuts. It doesn't matter what the contract says. Barnes as others in the athletic department are going to say that it was supposed to be 5 years like they agreed on. USU messed up the contract. That is on them. At the end of the day they will have to pay Duryea the full amount you will all see. Everyone doubted me about this issue before and I told you then I was right and then it comes out in the paper. I know what I am talking about.

Those 2 meetings must have been awe inspiring for this level of support. Even the apostles hedged their bets on the SOG.
Yeah I wish I had the charming skills that Duryea showed on usufan5477. Imagine how far you would go in life if you had that ability? You could get any woman, make impossible sales to the most skeptic clients, buy a house for less than half of its value, etc. . .
Duryea should leave coaching and set up a charm school.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » April 18th, 2018, 4:57 pm

What happened to my request for the computer geniuses on this site to look into tdfan5477's true identity? I am literally DYING to know. I have never wanted anything more in my entire life.

Maybe I could persuade 5477 to reveal his identity? Although I doubt it. I know he's been offered free lunches by some on this board. I definitely don't have the funds to offer a free lunch. Please, 5477, tell us who you are, really.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » April 18th, 2018, 5:10 pm

usufan5477 wrote:

It's pretty evident you're a fan of Duryea, not a fan of USU. You're showing skepticism towards the new coach but yet you applauded things like the signing of Crew Ainge and told us all how good Barnaba was.

Also, USU didn't mess up the contract. The other contracts in other sports look the same. Also, I know damn sure if I was getting paid for "5 years" I would look at the contract I was signing and make sure it went for 5 years. Attention to detail is vital. Duryea didn't have it. That's why he's gone.

And USU doesn't owe Duryea anything. They gave him a job and paid him well for 15+ years. Duryea was running the bball program in the ground the last 3 years.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » April 18th, 2018, 5:55 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
April 18th, 2018, 4:57 pm
What happened to my request for the computer geniuses on this site to look into tdfan5477's true identity? I am literally DYING to know. I have never wanted anything more in my entire life.

Maybe I could persuade 5477 to reveal his identity? Although I doubt it. I know he's been offered free lunches by some on this board. I definitely don't have the funds to offer a free lunch. Please, 5477, tell us who you are, really.

Sometimes the legend is better than reality.

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » April 18th, 2018, 6:09 pm

USUBlue wrote:
usufan5477 wrote:
No I said I have met him twice. Just know someone who knows him. Duryea is a high character guy and for anybody to suggest he would do this to the team is nuts. It doesn't matter what the contract says. Actually that may be all that matters. It is more likely than not that Parole Evidence doesn't come in if there were a trial (which I don't believe there will be). As for what Barnes will say in a formal legal setting, I highly doubt he wouldn't stand by the contract that was signed with his involvement -- that would impact his own credibility and his career. Funny thing about a formal legal process, many good 'ole boys like Duryea find out that formality trumps their buddies.Barnes as others in the athletic department are going to say that it was supposed to be 5 years like they agreed on. USU messed up the contract. That is on them. At the end of the day they will have to pay Duryea the full amount you will all see. Everyone doubted me about this issue before and I told you then I was right and then it comes out in the paper. Pretty easy for Duryea's golfing buddy Shawn to print a bad self-serving story in the paper; but it certainly doesn't control the legal contract. I know what I am talking about.

I’m starting to like Blue, what is happening?!?!?!?

Hail Aggies!

Pacobag

Post by Pacobag » April 18th, 2018, 6:18 pm

Anyone want to go on a 3 month vacation? Our flight departs on 6/1/18 and we return on 8/14/18.

In case you missed it, that means the vacation is over on August 14th, 2018.

stang

Post by stang » April 18th, 2018, 8:07 pm

usufan5477 wrote:Regarding the post above about Tim holding a grudge against players and having this meeting it totally false. Quit posting lies. Here is the facts about the contract. USU messed up the dates. Barnes agrees with this and has even said so as have others at the school who were apart of the negotiations. The contract won't hold up in court. Tim will get all the money that is owed to him. It is that simple.

On to Smith. He is bringing in a stud!!! Beat out some good D2's for him!!!! I am getting all goose bumpy over this hire!!
Remember when you got all pissy at everyone and said you were done posting here?

That was a good couple of days

thansen
Has thanked: 0

Post by thansen » April 18th, 2018, 8:10 pm

Pacobag wrote:
April 18th, 2018, 6:18 pm
Anyone want to go on a 3 month vacation? Our flight departs on 6/1/18 and we return on 8/14/18.

In case you missed it, that means the vacation is over on August 14th, 2018.
Is it okay if my girlfriend comes along too? She loves 3 month long vacations.

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » April 18th, 2018, 9:13 pm

tinyelvis wrote:
April 16th, 2018, 2:09 pm
USU78 wrote:
April 16th, 2018, 1:25 pm
ususports wrote:
April 16th, 2018, 11:43 am
tinyelvis wrote:
April 16th, 2018, 11:18 am
I am pretty sure I know a little bit about this type of thing. It's kind of what I do.
I would rather hear from someone who actually does this, not just kind of. ;)
'Blue and I kind of both "actually do[] this, not just kind of."

I disagree on the ambiguity issue. The specific is preferred over the general, and in this instance the specific item is the end date of the contract. Contract interpretation is the question here, not ambiguity, and the interpretation is not particularly difficult where one has a specific date for the start and a specific date for the end of the contract. 'Blue is quite right: where the best reading of the "five year" provision is an accommodation to a party's fiscal year, there's no reason to read ambiguity in the face of those specific dates.

If you are really taking that position (instead of just acknowledging that your initial post was wrong) then you need to do something else for a living. My statement that I kind of do this was tongue in cheek. I do this.

Listen, I'd like to see him lose, but parole evidence is coming in and this issue is very, very likely a question of fact that goes to the trier of fact (whether that be a judge or a jury). If Barnes is really going to testify that the contract was intended to be for five years, then I like Dureya's position better than USU's

But I agree with the real lawyers here that before it gets to a trial it will likely settle.
As an actual lawyer, I concur. All that needs to happen is that once both parties pass probate, there will be an indemnification period wherein each litigant will depose disambiguities, therein ensuring proper tort. This is the only way for either party to be satisfied. Otherwise, this will pass into a MacPherson-Rhys-Wahlberg mediation, which differs from common mediation because of the name. If that happens, Tim Duryea will own the Spectrum.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » April 18th, 2018, 9:20 pm

Ahbye wrote:
April 18th, 2018, 9:13 pm
tinyelvis wrote:
USU78 wrote:
ususports wrote:
tinyelvis wrote:
I am pretty sure I know a little bit about this type of thing. It's kind of what I do.

I disagree on the ambiguity issue. The specific is preferred over the general, and in this instance the specific item is the end date of the contract. Contract interpretation is the question here, not ambiguity, and the interpretation is not particularly difficult where one has a specific date for the start and a specific date for the end of the contract. 'Blue is quite right: where the best reading of the "five year" provision is an accommodation to a party's fiscal year, there's no reason to read ambiguity in the face of those specific dates.

If you are really taking that position (instead of just acknowledging that your initial post was wrong) then you need to do something else for a living. My statement that I kind of do this was tongue in cheek. I do this.

Listen, I'd like to see him lose, but parole evidence is coming in and this issue is very, very likely a question of fact that goes to the trier of fact (whether that be a judge or a jury). If Barnes is really going to testify that the contract was intended to be for five years, then I like Dureya's position better than USU's

But I agree with the real lawyers here that before it gets to a trial it will likely settle.
As an actual lawyer, I concur. All that needs to happen is that once both parties pass probate, there will be an indemnification period wherein each litigant will depose disambiguities, therein ensuring proper tort. This is the only way for either party to be satisfied. Otherwise, this will pass into a MacPherson-Rhys-Wahlberg mediation, which differs from common mediation because of the name. If that happens, Tim Duryea will own the Spectrum.
LMFAO. Post of the month. :lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy: :cheers:

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » April 18th, 2018, 9:54 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
April 18th, 2018, 6:09 pm
USUBlue wrote:
usufan5477 wrote:

I’m starting to like Blue, what is happening?!?!?!?

Take some time, don’t flip back-and-forth like that. I’m sure I’ll say something to offend everyone soon enough :-)
Last edited by USUBlue on April 18th, 2018, 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » April 18th, 2018, 9:56 pm

Ahbye wrote:
tinyelvis wrote:
USU78 wrote:
ususports wrote:
tinyelvis wrote:

Well said! I think I saw that episode on TV :-)

cdaAg

Post by cdaAg » April 18th, 2018, 10:04 pm

I'd personally like to thank 5477 for uniting the clan here. While entirely unwitting and unintentional, the result has been dumbfounding. Well done, good sir (or madam).

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 18th, 2018, 11:33 pm

cdaAg wrote:
April 18th, 2018, 10:04 pm
I'd personally like to thank 5477 for uniting the clan here. While entirely unwitting and unintentional, the result has been dumbfounding. Well done, good sir (or madam).
Sometimes what brings the kids together is hating the lunch lady. Although that'll change. Because, by the end of the fourth grade, the lunch lady was actually the person I hung out with the most.

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » April 19th, 2018, 7:15 am

USUBlue wrote:
April 18th, 2018, 9:56 pm
Ahbye wrote:
tinyelvis wrote:
USU78 wrote:
ususports wrote:
tinyelvis wrote:

Well said! I think I saw that episode on TV :-)
That post was me saying you guys are so much smarter than I am. When I'm having to go to several research sources just to figure out how to figure out what you guys are saying, I just have to sit back and be grateful that if we're ever in a sling at USU, you guys'll get us sorted out.

FormerlyVegasAggie71

Post by FormerlyVegasAggie71 » April 19th, 2018, 9:48 am

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » April 19th, 2018, 10:08 am

usufan5477 wrote:
April 18th, 2018, 12:46 pm
Regarding the post above about Tim holding a grudge against players and having this meeting it totally false. Quit posting lies. Here is the facts about the contract. USU messed up the dates. Barnes agrees with this and has even said so as have others at the school who were apart of the negotiations. The contract won't hold up in court. Tim will get all the money that is owed to him. It is that simple.

On to Smith. He is bringing in a stud!!! Beat out some good D2's for him!!!! I am getting all goose bumpy over this hire!!
Exhibit 1
"Duryea will be back."
by usufan5477
March 11th, 2018, 4:27 pm
Forum: Stew's Spectrum (Aggie Basketball)
Topic: Trent Williams

Exhibit 2
"He will be back for a 4th year."
by usufan5477
December 22nd, 2017, 6:48 am
Topic: I think that this is Duryea's last year

Exhibit 3
"Duryea has done a good job of righting the ship"
by usufan5477
January 11th, 2018, 10:07 am
Topic: This team

My bet is the contract will hold up....

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » April 19th, 2018, 10:12 am

Ahbye wrote:
April 19th, 2018, 7:15 am
That post was me saying you guys are so much smarter than I am.
It was funny, Ahbye. Don't explain the joke. It diminishes its impact. :) :thumbsup:

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » April 19th, 2018, 10:18 am

WAaggieFan wrote:
usufan5477 wrote:
Regarding the post above about Tim holding a grudge against players and having this meeting it totally false. Quit posting lies. Here is the facts about the contract. USU messed up the dates. Barnes agrees with this and has even said so as have others at the school who were apart of the negotiations. The contract won't hold up in court. Tim will get all the money that is owed to him. It is that simple.

Exhibit 1
"Duryea will be back."
by usufan5477

Exhibit 2
by usufan5477

Exhibit 3
by usufan5477

I really hope he doesn’t go anywhere when Duryea is hired by Boise State. He provides great entertainment to the board.

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » April 19th, 2018, 10:31 am

2004AG wrote:
WAaggieFan wrote:
usufan5477 wrote:

Exhibit 1
"Duryea will be back."
by usufan5477

Exhibit 2
by usufan5477

Exhibit 3
by usufan5477

I really hope he doesn’t go anywhere when Duryea is hired by Boise State. He provides great entertainment to the board.

To give 5477 a slight break, while researching the above post I found that Hoopsnut was the actual poster who predicted Duryea would be given an extension and NevAggie (not to be confused with our good friend NVaggie) was the irate defender of Angie’s sullied honor. In short, if 5477 leaves for the donkey board I can promise drama will not entirely leave along with him/her.

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » April 19th, 2018, 10:34 am

ChicAggie wrote:
April 19th, 2018, 10:12 am
Ahbye wrote:
It was funny, Ahbye. Don't explain the joke. It diminishes its impact. :) :thumbsup:
I just thought I would jump in and clarify before someone took it seriously and we had to add a sarcasm or joking emoji so people wouldn't take things at face value. Oh wait, we already have those. This is where not following protocols gets me. :)

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » April 19th, 2018, 10:59 am

2004AG wrote:
April 19th, 2018, 10:18 am
WAaggieFan wrote:
usufan5477 wrote:

Exhibit 1
"Duryea will be back."
by usufan5477

Exhibit 2
by usufan5477

Exhibit 3
by usufan5477

Well he/she technically will physically be in the Boise area and no longer in CV, but I agree I hope he/she still visits us here.

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Post by AGinNEIowa » April 19th, 2018, 12:11 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
April 18th, 2018, 2:10 pm
usufan5477 wrote:
It doesn't matter what the contract says.
Is that your professional opinion, Lionel Hutz?
or maybe they're reading the Bob Loblaw Law Blog for insight?

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » April 19th, 2018, 1:38 pm

AGinNEIowa wrote:
April 19th, 2018, 12:11 pm
I'm certainly a fan. Arrested Development was groundbreaking.

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » April 19th, 2018, 1:47 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
Ahbye wrote:
Have I taught you nothing Ahbye?!?

Hail Aggies!

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Post by AGinNEIowa » April 19th, 2018, 3:08 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
April 19th, 2018, 1:38 pm
AGinNEIowa wrote:
agreed, but you can't go wrong with a Simpsons reference, either. :golfclap:

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » April 19th, 2018, 11:00 pm

AGinNEIowa wrote:
April 19th, 2018, 3:08 pm
ChicAggie wrote:
AGinNEIowa wrote:
Arrested Development and The Simpsons. Two of the greatest sitcoms of all time.

NevAggie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by NevAggie » April 20th, 2018, 7:50 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
AGinNEIowa wrote:
ChicAggie wrote:
AGinNEIowa wrote:
Anyone know anything about the tweet that I just saw by @scoutinghoops about TD's contract and the softball coach and track coach?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 20th, 2018, 8:53 pm

NevAggie wrote:
April 20th, 2018, 7:50 pm
ChicAggie wrote:
AGinNEIowa wrote:
ChicAggie wrote:
AGinNEIowa wrote:
Anyone know anything about the tweet that I just saw by @scoutinghoops about TD's contract and the softball coach and track coach?

Looks like just another ill-informed millenial trying to right the world's wrongs from the palm of his hand.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » April 21st, 2018, 10:45 am

BULLS EYE comment Hipster ... great lick and tragically so many casually alert folks will miss this.

Aggieiester

Post by Aggieiester » April 21st, 2018, 11:17 am

NevAggie wrote:
ChicAggie wrote:
AGinNEIowa wrote:
ChicAggie wrote:
AGinNEIowa wrote:

You mean the @scoutinghoops account that has 33 followers and exactly two tweets this year, the one you refer to and another one disagreeing with Hartwell's decision to fire Duryea?

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » April 21st, 2018, 11:26 am

NevAggie wrote:
Did he take it down? I don't see it . . . .

Locked Previous topicNext topic