quotes from the SDSU board

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

quotes from the SDSU board

Post by QuackAttackAggie » February 28th, 2019, 3:47 am

Not sure if it's the mic setup or what, but on TV that sounded like the best home crowd we've ever faced.
It very well may have been. With Utah St. being down in the MWC the last few years, their crowd has dwindled similar to Viejas. But check out peak WAC Utah State, and they rivaled any gym in the country. The Show took many cues from them.

“Best crowd” is always a subjective measure (size, volume, engagement, etc), but when their team is good, Logan is a consensus Top... 15? gym in the nation.
best home crowd, and student section in the conference, hands down.
Utah State has struggled, comparatively, since transitioning from the WAC to the MWC. They are the least experienced team in the MW, ranked 282nd nationally. They’ve got a first year coach. They played the second toughest non conference schedule in the MW. And yet, they didn’t make excuses. It didn’t take the coaching staff months to decide on a starting lineup. It didn’t take the team months to gel. There were no head scratching double digit losses against truly awful teams. They just came out and played, right away. And, they’re doing this with a less heralded roster than we typically field. I can’t help but view their season with a bit of nostalgia and twinge of jealousy.
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post (total 7):
CodingAggieBluethegreendalegelfAggie_in_Idahoaggies22sneeddonlarson8NVAggie

Aggiealum13

Re: quotes from the SDSU board

Post by Aggiealum13 » February 28th, 2019, 6:46 am

Respect noted.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » February 28th, 2019, 9:01 am

Isn't it awesome to have not one but two major programs that our peer schools can be jealous of? It's a helluva time to be an Aggie!
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 3):
Aggie_in_Idahonewtonianbluesneed

breadysmith

Post by breadysmith » February 28th, 2019, 9:02 am

Oh man...for years now I've had hate in my heart towards the asstechs and here they go saying nice stuff about us and it starts to soften up a bit.
These users thanked the author breadysmith for the post:
donlarson8

"I'm much more comfortable criticizing people behind their backs." George Costanza

HomeTown

Post by HomeTown » February 28th, 2019, 9:05 am

Good find on those quotes. Thanks for sharing. Its was great to see the Spectrum Magic return.

AggieVoice
Has thanked: 0

Post by AggieVoice » February 28th, 2019, 4:03 pm

We attended the game in San Diego and had nothing but positive interactions with their fans. They were knowledgeable, complimentary, and respectful. My wife even noted, "these are the nicest fans I've ever met." I'll cheer for them as I do all teams in our conference, but maybe a little more against other MWC teams.
These users thanked the author AggieVoice for the post:
ViAggie

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » February 28th, 2019, 5:20 pm

AggieVoice wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 4:03 pm
We attended the game in San Diego and had nothing but positive interactions with their fans. They were knowledgeable, complimentary, and respectful. My wife even noted, "these are the nicest fans I've ever met." I'll cheer for them as I do all teams in our conference, but maybe a little more against other MWC teams.
Similar experience. Even in FB, I've never had one of their fans give me hard time. But when they are used to kicking your butt, it's hard to razz someone. The funniest fan interaction I have had was once when I attended a USU/Utah FB game in SLC. I was walking from the parking lot through the tail gate area and some random guy saw me and said, "hey an Aggie, want a beer?" And I was like, "well duh" - needless to say I drank all of his beer. He won't do that next time :nono: He must have though they were playing byu or something :lol:

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Locked Previous topicNext topic