Looking ahead

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SectionBAggie

Looking ahead

Post by SectionBAggie » June 29th, 2019, 9:09 am

brownjeans
Flatulent

Re: Looking ahead

Post by brownjeans » June 29th, 2019, 4:28 pm

Crazy thing about it is I don't think Alphonso will be the best newcomer on our team... there's a chance he'll be the third or fourth best. I don't say that to knock Alphonso - he is very good and may very well work his tail off and be our best newcomer. It's just a statement of how good I think our new guys are.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post:
IdaAg93

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » June 29th, 2019, 6:53 pm

brownjeans wrote:Crazy thing about it is I don't think Alphonso will be the best newcomer on our team... there's a chance he'll be the third or fourth best. I don't say that to knock Alphonso - he is very good and may very well work his tail off and be our best newcomer. It's just a statement of how good I think our new guys are.
https://www.usufans.com/News/44074

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scotlandog

Post by scotlandog » June 29th, 2019, 7:18 pm

Really impressive the talent we will have available next year. I would love to see Grootfaam on the court. I didn’t realize his post game was so polished. I’m excited to it. I’m excited to see 1-5 on this list! Going to be a great year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » June 30th, 2019, 8:07 am

I am hoping that everyone of the newcomers are as good as reported. I guess I am cautiously optimistic. Last year is a good example. We had the two Knights coming that we were excited about. We had a new Center named Queta, who we thought was a project, and some were thinking Fakira was our best bet. Things turned out reversed as to our expectations. Heck, no one thought Estes would be as good as he turned out.

I think that Anderson has played against better competition and so I give him the edge. I hope I am totally wrong about McChesney, but I am not excited about him like many of you. I hope he turns out like Merrill. I guess I will just cross my fingers and see how it all turns out.
These users thanked the author mcaggie1 for the post:
NVAggie

Blitz79

Post by Blitz79 » June 30th, 2019, 10:56 am

That's why I'm looking forward to some ratball reports. The recruists look really good but the level of competition wasn't great.

McChesney playing against no one in Canada. Though reports say he competed really well in some games in the US.
Anderson's level of competition in JC was also suspect. I saw their conference championship game and they played no one really.
Bairstow playing overseas.
Grootfaam coming back from a major injury.
Kuba, he is tall and moves well but who knows.

I'm highly optimistic but it's hard to say how they will do but once they start playing against each other then we will have an idea on who stands out and is the real deal.

Locked Previous topicNext topic