Rushing the Court

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
USUMAE

Re: Rushing the Court

Post by USUMAE » December 6th, 2019, 8:55 am

I'm confused as to how a "who's your daddy" chant is racist. I always thought it was an expression that showed dominance in an aggressive way, as in "we just dominated you so much that you have to submit to us, just like a father makes their child go to bed or eat their veggies."

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » December 6th, 2019, 8:58 am

USUMAE wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 8:55 am
I'm confused as to how a "who's your daddy" chant is racist. I always thought it was an expression that showed dominance in an aggressive way, as in "we just dominated you so much that you have to submit to us, just like a father makes their child go to bed or eat their veggies."
Because Denzel as the coach said it to the white linebacker a week before they all went to Gettysburg and visited the soldier cemetery where northerners and southerners were buried side by side.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » December 6th, 2019, 2:10 pm

treesap32 wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 8:32 am
nvspuds wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 9:05 pm
There was no unison racial chanting going on...
Pulled up the original tweet. That's exactly what Mrs. Musselman said was going on.

It was a flat out lie and irresponsible of her to do it. There is a lot of racism still in this country, it's a huge problem, but no one at that game was chanting the N word at their players. It's a shame that she would allege that because it detracts from the actual problem that still exists in the country. Don't cry wolf when there's nothing there.

She took it down when USU fans called her on it and sent her the video of what occurred during and after the game.

Anyway, sorry to dig it back up, but it didn't sit well and I wanted you to realize exactly what was tweeted (that was blatantly false).
Crickets from nvspuds……..

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » December 6th, 2019, 5:14 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 9:41 pm
And according to some members on here I hate all white and all old people!
That's not giving you credit, your hatred is much more inclusive than this.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post:
TheAKAggie

Locked Previous topicNext topic