Boxing Analogy for Boise Game

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Aggiewest

Boxing Analogy for Boise Game

Post by Aggiewest » January 20th, 2020, 4:10 pm

Coach Smith loves boxing analogies. Here's what Coach Smith might of said in the post game to help explain the loss:

"Well we did knock them down and then we just all assumed they were out for the count. I was shocked along with the rest of the team that they didn’t stay down. The fact they were able to get up is one thing, but to continue to throw punches and then land a hay maker at the end was not something we thought possible. I told our guys going into the final round to avoid mixing it up with them and even hang on the ropes if we found ourselves in trouble. The fact that we didn’t cover up or defend ourselves was something I thought the team would of naturally assumed, but apparently not."

"In the end, we felt that where we are the reigning MWC champions and the unanimous choice to win it again this year, it would be enough to take the fight out of them."

painmd
Been thanked: 0

Re: Boxing Analogy for Boise Game

Post by painmd » January 21st, 2020, 10:04 am

No one, absolutely no one with an ounce of gut and a decent coach, roles over and plays dead in D1 basketball. I think these men thought they could come into this season and just have it for the taking. We need look no further than Nevada last year for that.

I hope the point is sinking into these men that if you want it, you go get it.....for EVERY minute of EVERY game. Beat teams by 30 every time you can. Play hard, press, rebound, RUN your offense and quit this stupid, half court stall nonsense only to get off a rushed shot with seconds left on the clock.

Locked Previous topicNext topic